PDA

View Full Version : Got a shot in on a rebel booster today

Bodaski
01-26-2017, 03:00 PM
Talking to a rebel friend about recruiting and such and he was talking about the NCAA was trying to ruin them and their recruiting. He made fun of all our coaching staff visiting recruits trying to get them. He made the comment about what a great recruiter HF was and OM didn't need to take their whole staff when they visited a player. I told him that we thought it was better to take the staff instead of "boosters". We are seeing how that's working out for ya'll. He got pissed and I laughed at him. Made my day

Really Clark?
01-26-2017, 03:05 PM
Talking to a rebel friend about recruiting and such and he was talking about the NCAA was trying to ruin them and their recruiting. He made fun of all our coaching staff visiting recruits trying to get them. He made the comment about what a great recruiter HF was and OM didn't need to take their whole staff when they visited a player. I told him that we thought it was better to take the staff instead of "boosters". We are seeing how that's working out for ya'll. He got pissed and I laughed at him. Made my day

Awesome. You should have showed him the picture of all the staff they brought to Akers house. That would have twisted her knickers.

starkvegasdawg
01-26-2017, 03:08 PM
They're making fun of us for our recruiting? Where is this year's class ranked for them again?

dawggoneit
01-26-2017, 03:15 PM
We'll see how great a recruiter Brother Beaver is when he can't pay for every recruit.

TrapGame
01-26-2017, 03:19 PM
They're making fun of us for our recruiting? Where is this year's class ranked for them again?

Exactly. Chris White this am on Bo's show was pointing out how OM is averaging 30 places below State on every recruiting site. State is in the mid to low 20s and OM is stuck in the mid 50s.

Dolphus Raymond
01-26-2017, 03:39 PM
Ole Miss fans invented the term "alternative facts".

Todd4State
01-26-2017, 03:46 PM

Hey Hugh! Hahahahahaha

fader2103
01-26-2017, 04:23 PM
Should of told him that UM would bring their staff to recruits, but they don't know who will be on staff tomorrow, next week, next season!

msbulldog
01-26-2017, 05:46 PM
Man this is a great thread, we need more humor like this on ED!

LC Dawg
01-26-2017, 05:48 PM
Damn! When I saw the thread title I thought there was one less Rebel on earth.

Tripp McNeely
01-26-2017, 06:33 PM
Damn! When I saw the thread title I thought there was one less Rebel on earth.

There soon will be...they'll still be breathing, but doing a whole lot less boosting

DCdawg
01-26-2017, 06:38 PM
Did anybody else hear Richard Cross losing his $hit this hour about how unfair the NCAA is? It was pretty great.

FISHDAWG
01-26-2017, 06:57 PM
Did anybody else hear Richard Cross losing his $hit this hour about how unfair the NCAA is? It was pretty great.

yep ... while driving home and I'm sure people were wondering why I was laughing to myself

msbulldog
01-26-2017, 07:09 PM

Must be something like the flu going contagious across the radio waves. The guy (I don't pay attention to their names) in the 4:00-5:00 hour on WRKS today was going through a diatribe about the NCAA and their possible penalties for R. Petrino (UL BB). My only thoughts listening to that, were this must be a butt hurt UM fan.

HereComesTheSpiral
01-26-2017, 09:47 PM

This is how I imagine Richard Cross in my head talking about the NCAA

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/wawanakwacentral/images/a/a7/Trigglypuff.gif

iPat09
01-26-2017, 09:59 PM
This is how I imagine Richard Cross in my head talking about the NCAA

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/wawanakwacentral/images/a/a7/Trigglypuff.gif

If you haven't that entire discussion, you are missing out. It is glorious and the day I became a Milo fan.

SDDawg
01-26-2017, 10:01 PM
Shit, Freeze camped his whole staff out at Starkville High (and paid about $300K to AJ). GTFOH saying Freeze ain't desperate - the dude is WALKING DESPERATION.

DCdawg
01-26-2017, 10:29 PM
yep ... while driving home and I'm sure people were wondering why I was laughing to myself

Through the whole meltdown he never mentioned that he didn't think OM was cheating, only that everyone else was also. He even took a jab at Freeze and said at least other teams' head coaches don't ask people to come forth with information about their improprieties.

HereComesTheSpiral
01-26-2017, 10:47 PM
If you haven't that entire discussion, you are missing out. It is glorious and the day I became a Milo fan.

Watched it many a times, instantly become a Milo fan and wish he was the current Press Secretary