PDA

View Full Version : Meltdown coming

preachermatt83
01-26-2017, 02:26 PM
I believe there will be an absolute meltdown here on signing day. It's very possible that Gay chooses LSU and Bowie chooses OM. I'm not saying that's gonna happen but it is certainly a possibility. This place will be the ultimate meltdown stop if that happens. If I had to guess I think we lose both.

msstate7
01-26-2017, 02:28 PM
Sounds like the meltdown's already here**

Why you think we lose gay?

Bubb Rubb
01-26-2017, 02:28 PM
It's unlikely Gay is going to LSU. They just flipped a linebacker from Oklahoma. I expect him to sign with us.

Bowie has ties to Ole Miss that are hard to overcome. But I'm hearing that we have.

I am usually negative when it comes to recruiting. I hate this time of year. But I feel good about both of these guys.

Big4Dawg
01-26-2017, 02:29 PM
I don't think anyone will be mad if we miss out on DD. Disappointed, yes. Not mad.

msstate7
01-26-2017, 02:31 PM
I don't think anyone will be mad if we miss out on DD. Disappointed, yes. Not mad.

If we hit on every remaining target and missed DD, someone here would melt for sure.

shoeless joe
01-26-2017, 02:31 PM
Reverse jinx...not a bad idea

BeastMan
01-26-2017, 02:34 PM
pre melt thread

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-26-2017, 02:37 PM
Is this post from 2 weeks ago? Geezus bro where have you been?

bulldog2488
01-26-2017, 02:40 PM
What's the point of this post man? Honest question.

Technetium
01-26-2017, 02:40 PM
I believe there will be an absolute meltdown here on signing day. It's very possible that Gay chooses LSU and Bowie chooses OM. I'm not saying that's gonna happen but it is certainly a possibility. This place will be the ultimate meltdown stop if that happens. If I had to guess I think we lose both.

Since it's you guessing, I'm feeling even more confident about signing day...

GreenheadDawg
01-26-2017, 02:41 PM
Excellent thread. Would read again **

ScreenCaptureThis
01-26-2017, 02:42 PM
With pm's prediction, I feel 100% confident MSU lands both DD and Gay.*

Ifyouonlyknew
01-26-2017, 02:43 PM

I was already feeling good & now with this post I'm completely confident we get both.

Cooterpoot
01-26-2017, 02:43 PM
Gay is already committed.

MafiaDawg
01-26-2017, 02:44 PM
Please tell me that's what your predict will happen preacher. Bc then I'll feel great about our chances.

HancockCountyDog
01-26-2017, 02:44 PM

https://media.tenor.co/images/a3ee07ccd5d1591e4d6124652e3b6456/raw

THANK YOU, you can wrap these two in maroon and white ladies and gentleman.

Thick
01-26-2017, 02:47 PM
DD Bowie is actually a cousin of a former Bulldog RB. Don't believe all of the OM hype, he's by no means a slam dunk to OM contrary to what some people think.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-26-2017, 02:47 PM
https://d2ijx9hwh2n8da.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/styles/sub_page_header/public/rosebowl_cropped_2.jpg?itok=uErK7Zg5

thf24
01-26-2017, 02:50 PM
I will never understand what you get out of saying this shit in a matter that makes it seem like it's based on anything real.

TrapGame
01-26-2017, 02:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zj4vGII.gif

preachermatt83
01-26-2017, 02:52 PM
Lol... don't u guys know anything!!!??!? I'm trying to seal the deal for us here and yal are trying to mess it up. Haha!! I honestly have no idea where either of these two guys go and neither does anyone else. The only thing that I know for a fact is that one of our recruits told me personally that Gay was a dawg and had already committed privately to our staff. Now if that's true or not who knows. Also Bowie has the full blessing of his mom and grandmother to go to state if he so chooses but he has shay hodge in his ear. That's all I know.

preachermatt83
01-26-2017, 02:53 PM
DD Bowie is actually a cousin of a former Bulldog RB. Don't believe all of the OM hype, he's by no means a slam dunk to OM contrary to what some people think.

That would be Michael Davis

Really Clark?
01-26-2017, 02:54 PM
Lol... don't u guys know anything!!!??!? I'm trying to seal the deal for us here and yal are trying to mess it up. Haha!! I honestly have no idea where either of these two guys go and neither does anyone else. The only thing that I know for a fact is that one of our recruits told me personally that Gay was a dawg and had already committed privately to our staff. Now if that's true or not who knows. Also Bowie has the full blessing of his mom and grandmother to go to state if he so chooses but he has shay hodge in his ear. That's all I know.

Lol. I got what you were doing. And I appreciate it. Some are saying Hodge has also turned some on UNM and has been speaking with a former coach. But that is info that's sketchy and several times removed so I put little in that right now.

BeardoMSU
01-26-2017, 02:55 PM
Excellent thread. Would read again **

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XJe2iVrwTY

preachermatt83
Lol. I got what you were doing. And I appreciate it. Some are saying Hodge has also turned some on UNM and has been speaking with a former coach. But that is info that's sketchy and several times removed so I put little in that right now.

That would be great news. I don't hear much out of Shay anymore.

stalkingpoon
Dear god. Is your life the 17ing boring that you sit around all day, thinking of dumb shit to post on here?

HoopsDawg
01-26-2017, 02:56 PM
I'm hearing we close with Gay, Bowie, Cooper and Odom. Only misses come on the O-line YET again.

Bothrops
01-26-2017, 02:56 PM
Is this to stir up drama? I get it not

Bothrops
01-26-2017, 02:58 PM
I'm hearing we close with Gay, Bowie, and Odom. Only misses come on the O-line YET again.

We'll get Cooper, a sign and place.

preachermatt83
01-26-2017, 02:58 PM
Dear god. Is your life the 17ing boring that you sit around all day, thinking of dumb shit to post on here?

Any yet u respond!! Can't help it can you? Bhahaha!!!

preachermatt83
01-26-2017, 02:59 PM
I'm hearing we close with Gay, Bowie, Cooper and Odom. Only misses come on the O-line YET again.

There's a lot of folks think we land all three of those guys. Who u thinking we miss on the OL?

Really Clark?
01-26-2017, 03:02 PM
There's a lot of folks think we land all three of those guys. Who u thinking we miss on the OL?

Rhoads is close. Coin flip probably between us and So Car and he is still committed to them so they have the edge IMO. He is a hard one to read

Really Clark?
01-26-2017, 03:03 PM
We'll get Cooper, a sign and place.

He is not as sure of a sign and place guy now. Has work to do though

msstate7
01-26-2017, 03:04 PM
Rhoads is close. Coin flip probably between us and So Car and he is still committed to them so they have the edge IMO. He is a hard one to read
Really wish we could split carty and Rhodes with South Carolina

HoopsDawg
01-26-2017, 03:06 PM

The list is long but distinguished, like my Johnson.

Jordan Tucker, Jordan Rhodes, Jordon Carty, Toryque Bateman, Saahdiq Charles, Caleb Chandler, Demarcus Hayes, and Obinna Eze

We locked up the guys with few offers though!

msstate7
01-26-2017, 03:10 PM

Jordan Tucker, Jordan Rhodes, Jordon Carty, Toryque Bateman, Saahdiq Charles, Caleb Chandler, Demarcus Hayes, and Obinna Eze

Champion and Suggs have offers.

Commercecomet24
01-26-2017, 03:11 PM
Someone we need to give some props to is Taveze Calhoun. Taveze is all Dawg and he helps out a ton getting the word out to recruits about State, may have even had some influence on DD.

Commercecomet24
01-26-2017, 03:13 PM
He is not as sure of a sign and place guy now. Has work to do though

Cooper is flying under the radar(i guess because of the sign and place being a possibility), but that is athletic and has a mean streak. He could be another Elgton.

Really Clark?
01-26-2017, 03:14 PM

I don't know if I would include Bateman or another guy in that. Bateman's recruiting has gone flat. If he could have he would have committed to 2-3 other schools and they wouldn't take him. Then there was a while nobody was talking with him much and there is no guarantee he ends up at Louisville but I think that's where he lands. When an OL recruiting goes like his and multiple teams back off late...I'm just thinking it may be for the best and I'm ok with parting ways.

Really Clark?
01-26-2017, 03:14 PM
Champion and Suggs have offers.

TCU also offered Cooper and are trying to get him to visit, if I'm not mistaken.

HoopsDawg
01-26-2017, 03:21 PM
If you asked Paul Jones 2 months ago who were the 3 most important recruits in this class, he said Jordan Tucker, Stephen Guidry, and Keishan Nixon. We missed on all 3. Then others talked of Bulovas. We missed on him too.

So we have had some misses in this class no doubt about it. But if we finish with the 4 guys I mentioned then it will be a solid year. Much better than last year.

smootness
01-26-2017, 03:28 PM
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but we were never considered any kind of favorite for Tucker or Nixon, were we? And we only became a real possibility for Guidry when it looked like he was done with LSU.

It's just hard for me to consider guys we weren't firmly in it for to be our most important recruits. I think our most important recruits this cycle are Hill, Gay, and if he plays WR, Bowie. In-state talent we're firmly in it for.

HoopsDawg
01-26-2017, 03:33 PM
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but we were never considered any kind of favorite for Tucker or Nixon, were we? And we only became a real possibility for Guidry when it looked like he was done with LSU.

It's just hard for me to consider guys we weren't firmly in it for to be our most important recruits. I think our most important recruits this cycle are Hill, Gay, and if he plays WR, Bowie. In-state talent we're firmly in it for.

You can take it up with Paul Jones. It's his list, not mine.

preachermatt83
01-26-2017, 03:34 PM

I agree

msstate7
01-26-2017, 03:36 PM

Thompson has to be in that list along with at least 1 juco safety

HoopsDawg
01-26-2017, 03:38 PM

By the way, Hill was already committed at this point. That's why I said it was his post 2 months ago about the most important targets left on the board.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-26-2017, 03:44 PM
If you asked Paul Jones 2 months ago who were the 3 most important recruits in this class, he said Jordan Tucker, Stephen Guidry, and Keishan Nixon. We missed on all 3. Then others talked of Bulovas. We missed on him too.

So we have had some misses in this class no doubt about it. But if we finish with the 4 guys I mentioned then it will be a solid year. Much better than last year.

At that time I probably would've agreed with him. Except I probably would've had Willie in Tucker place just because of perception. Guidry & Nixon were day 1 impact guys at positions of need. Tucker was the highest rated OL we were on. If you could get DD at WR & Lenoir at CB(not saying we do just hypothetical) we've replaced those 2 guys with similar talent. Now of course we'll see on Tucker but if you get Rhodes or Carty you've come close. It's not the guys you don't get it's the replacements you get for them that determine how big a loss they were.

HoopsDawg
01-26-2017, 03:54 PM
At that time I probably would've agreed with him. Except I probably would've had Willie in Tucker place just because of perception. Guidry & Nixon were day 1 impact guys at positions of need. Tucker was the highest rated OL we were on. If you could get DD at WR & Lenoir at CB(not saying we do just hypothetical) we've replaced those 2 guys with similar talent. Now of course we'll see on Tucker but if you get Rhodes or Carty you've come close. It's not the guys you don't get it's the replacements you get for them that determine how big a loss they were.

Very true.

Shooter McGavin
01-26-2017, 04:12 PM

Steve said this on his show the other day and I think it is a good point we as fans often miss: The coaches can recruit a guy as hard as they can but sometimes recruits just like the other guys better. It's not always the coaches fault or that they didn't work hard enough. I don't think it's completely fair to say we "missed" on all those recruits as if it was something we did or didn't do that send them to another school. Scott Lashley I agree we dropped the ball there, but in regards to these particular recruits we gave it a shot and it just didn't work out.

Dawgology
01-26-2017, 04:38 PM
Steve said this on his show the other day and I think it is a good point we as fans often miss: The coaches can recruit a guy as hard as they can but sometimes recruits just like the other guys better. It's not always the coaches fault or that they didn't work hard enough. I don't think it's completely fair to say we "missed" on all those recruits as if it was something we did or didn't do that send them to another school. Scott Lashley I agree we dropped the ball there, but in regards to these particular recruits we gave it a shot and it just didn't work out.

I've never seen a bigger whiff than with Lashley. He and his family were all dawg. I don't pretend to have a lot of insider info but I literally talked to him 2 weeks before he committed to Bama. Saw him at a Cracker Barrell. He and his whole family were decked out in MSU gear hanging out in the merchandise store and we were both looking at some of their MSU stuff. I asked him if he was a State player (I didn't recognize him) and he said yeah and introduced himself. I responded with "oh, you're going to be signing with us in Feb. Cool!" He said "yeah, I'm excited and can't wait to get over there". Then two weeks later... Don't know what happened in that short a time span.

DLGDawg
01-26-2017, 04:45 PM
Someone will melt even if we get all mentioned ....AND DD.

If we hit on every remaining target and missed DD, someone here would melt for sure.

preachermatt83
01-26-2017, 04:54 PM
I've never seen a bigger whiff than with Lashley. He and his family were all dawg. I don't pretend to have a lot of insider info but I literally talked to him 2 weeks before he committed to Bama. Saw him at a Cracker Barrell. He and his whole family were decked out in MSU gear hanging out in the merchandise store and we were both looking at some of their MSU stuff. I asked him if he was a State player (I didn't recognize him) and he said yeah and introduced himself. I responded with "oh, you're going to be signing with us in Feb. Cool!" He said "yeah, I'm excited and can't wait to get over there". Then two weeks later... Don't know what happened in that short a time span.

Yup. Strangest thing I've ever seen in recruiting

Bully13
01-26-2017, 05:11 PM

That story just made me sick. Now I'm even happier Clemson 17d that ass.

99jc
01-26-2017, 05:27 PM

Here.

msbulldog
01-26-2017, 05:40 PM

Alabama money is what happened.

smootness
01-26-2017, 05:41 PM
You can take it up with Paul Jones. It's his list, not mine.

I know, that's who my issue was with.

smootness
01-26-2017, 05:42 PM
Thompson has to be in that list along with at least 1 juco safety

Oh yes, I'm dumb. Thompson was absolutely priority #1.

smootness
01-26-2017, 05:44 PM

That doesn't sound like a whiff to me. Sounds like we did a good job.

Bothrops
01-26-2017, 05:45 PM
Saban is what happened.

Bully13
01-26-2017, 06:01 PM
That doesn't sound like a whiff to me. Sounds like we did a good job.

Huh?...no *****?

Big4Dawg
01-26-2017, 06:22 PM
Huh?...no *****?

We recruited him well but our boosters ****ed it up. Not coaches fault. Early signing period would have helped this.

lamont
01-26-2017, 06:27 PM
Why would we melt? It's been the norm for this staff

preachermatt83
01-26-2017, 06:37 PM
Here.

You should come hear me preach then feel free to judge away.

Jack Lambert
01-26-2017, 06:55 PM
You have a 3% correct history.

preachermatt83
01-26-2017, 07:00 PM
You have a 3% correct history.

Exactly!