PDA

View Full Version : Wyatt Roberts

chisaintdog3
01-26-2017, 09:52 AM
With having 3 QB's transferring out this past year. Wyatt Roberts had a shot at being the back up QB this year. I've heard he has decided to hang it up. Keytaon Thompson is the future at QB but he's probably going to redshirt. Who do we go after for being the back up this next year?

jumbo
01-26-2017, 09:54 AM
From what I understand he is still in school, but it's up in the air if he's still on the team. Something about wanting a scholly this year and didn't get it.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-26-2017, 09:55 AM
With having 3 QB's transferring out this past year. Wyatt Roberts had a shot at being the back up QB this year. I've heard he has decided to hang it up. Keytaon Thompson is the future at QB but he's probably going to redshirt. Who do we go after for being the back up this next year?

Some have said that we may be bringing in some preferred walk-ons.

jumbo
01-26-2017, 09:57 AM
Some have said that we may be bringing in some preferred walk-ons.

There will always be a walk on or two. Plus with the rule expected to pass where you can now play kids in up to 4 games and still RS them, we could potentially get KTs feet wet and still RS him.

chisaintdog3
01-26-2017, 10:00 AM
He's still in school. He had a meeting with Mullen and it was said to wait around that a scholarship might be given to him. He pretty much said thanks but not thanks. Not saying he doesn't change his mind but as of last night from Wyatt's dad he said he decided to hang it up.

Cooterpoot
01-26-2017, 10:00 AM
Not sure which we're going to F up more- the kicker spot or the back up QB spot.

Ari Gold
01-26-2017, 10:06 AM
We will have a couple of walkons on the team during the summer or before Fall camp..

Cooterpoot
01-26-2017, 10:09 AM
We will have a couple of walkons on the team during the summer or before Fall camp..

Which means we'll attempt to throw the ball a lot more this season with a WR corp that's one of the worst in the SEC.

Reason2succeed
01-26-2017, 10:11 AM
There will always be a walk on or two. Plus with the rule expected to pass where you can now play kids in up to 4 games and still RS them, we could potentially get KTs feet wet and still RS him.

That will dramatically change college football. Imagine if Tebow was allowed to play a couple snaps during his freshman year and score a bunch of touchdowns in blowout games but then had another four years of eligibility left.

Will the RS count toward your 85 limit?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-26-2017, 10:13 AM
Which means we'll attempt to throw the ball a lot more this season with a WR corp that's one of the worst in the SEC.

Huh...why you say that?

jumbo
01-26-2017, 10:14 AM
Agreed. I like the thought, but think 4 games is too many.

BorneDawg
01-26-2017, 10:27 AM
So if Fitz gets hurt we will be relying on a walk on that doesn't get here till summer....... that sounds like a recipe for success *******

Jarius
01-26-2017, 10:30 AM
So if Fitz gets hurt we will be relying on a walk on that doesn't get here till summer....... that sounds like a recipe for success *******

If Fitz gets hurt Thompson will be the guy

Ifyouonlyknew
01-26-2017, 10:30 AM

We all know that if Fitz get hurts for real that Keytaon would be the guy. That doesn't matter if Wyatt Roberts is still on the team or any other QB we signed. Keytaon is going to dress out the goal is for Fitz to stay healthy & get a walkon, Wyatt or whoever to take garbage snaps if needed while Keytaon RS. I've been saying if we can get a legit 2018 QB locked up by this summer I'm fine with Keytaon not RS.

Cooterpoot
01-26-2017, 10:34 AM
Huh...why you say that?

Can't risk getting Fitz hurt as much.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-26-2017, 10:47 AM
Can't risk getting Fitz hurt as much.

Good point, didn't think about that.

smootness
01-26-2017, 10:47 AM
That will dramatically change college football. Imagine if Tebow was allowed to play a couple snaps during his freshman year and score a bunch of touchdowns in blowout games but then had another four years of eligibility left.

Will the RS count toward your 85 limit?

It would be more impactful if a guy like Tebow waited and took key RZ snaps in big games at the end of the year and still held his RS. I don't think it really affects anything if they're just playing in blowout situations.

smootness
01-26-2017, 10:48 AM
There is probably greater risk of Fitz getting hurt standing in the pocket than there is as a running back.

Maroons
01-26-2017, 10:50 AM

Already forget about Keytaon?

BorneDawg
01-26-2017, 10:52 AM
If Fitz gets hurt Thompson will be the guy

I know he's gonna be great but not much time for him to learn playbook and get used to the change in speed of game ...... is it? or do yall think hes that good and that ready

Ifyouonlyknew
01-26-2017, 10:55 AM
I know he's gonna be great but not much time for him to learn playbook and get used to the change in speed of game ...... is it? or do yall think hes that good and that ready

He's on campus now. How would Wyatt Roberts or anybody else we got be any better of an option?

Jarius
01-26-2017, 10:55 AM

I mean he will be better than any walk on we have, that's for sure. He will also be here all spring and was here for bowl practice. He will be as good as most SEC backups I'm sure....and if we get to qb #3 we are probably screwed anyway.

BorneDawg
01-26-2017, 11:09 AM
well when you look at it like that ...of course it makes sense! lol I just meant it would have been nice to keep a solid back-up ,who has some playing time under his belt and RS
Thompson

Ifyouonlyknew
01-26-2017, 11:14 AM
well when you look at it like that ...of course it makes sense! lol I just meant it would have been nice to keep a solid back-up ,who has some playing time under his belt and RS
Thompson

Oh yea of course that would've been the ideal scenario. Tiano would've been that stop gap but it didn't work out. Who knows a Juco QB may come on board to fill that role but again if Fitz is out for an extended period it's Keytaon job.

WesternSkyDawg
01-26-2017, 11:40 AM
Not sure which we're going to F up more- the kicker spot or the back up QB spot.

No doubt we've got the "F'd up fan" spot locked down.

With plenty of backups.

HoopsDawg
01-26-2017, 11:42 AM

It will be an interesting strategy on how to use the 4 games especially for us in 2017. Do you wait and hope Fitz stays healthy and get KT reps in the last 4 games. Or do you get KT some experience in the first 2 games against weak teams Charleston Southern and La Tech? Ideally, Fitz stays healthy all year. KT plays in 4 games and starts next year as a redshirt freshman.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-26-2017, 11:43 AM
It will be an interesting strategy on how to use the 4 games especially for us in 2017. Do you wait and hope Fitz stays healthy and get KT reps in the last 4 games. Or do you get KT some experience in the first 2 games against weak teams Charleston Southern and La Tech? Ideally, Fitz stays healthy all year. KT plays in 4 games and starts next year as a redshirt freshman.

Do you have Fitz leaving for the NFL early or do you have Key beating out a RS Sr Fitz? Or just a #'s miscalculations on Fitz?

HoopsDawg
01-26-2017, 11:48 AM
Do you have Fitz leaving for the NFL early or do you have Key beating out a RS Sr Fitz? Or just a #'s miscalculations on Fitz?

I see how you misinterpreted my post. I meant starts the year as a redshirt freshman. Not actually "starts" as a redshirt freshman as the starting QB.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-26-2017, 11:49 AM
I see how you misinterpreted my post. I meant starts the year as a redshirt freshman. Not actually "starts" as a redshirt freshman as the starting QB.

Gotcha my bad.

Hotdawg66
01-26-2017, 05:37 PM
If the NCAA allows players to play in 4 games it will probably have to be the first 4. It was that way back in the 80s if my memory is still good.