PDA

View Full Version : DD Bowie

starkvegasdawg
01-25-2017, 07:43 PM
An article from SDS that I shan't link quoted Bowie saying he already knows where he's going and wishes he could sign now.

msbulldog
01-25-2017, 08:06 PM
Article in CL said the same:

MORTON - Most observers will find out D.D. Bowie's college destination on Wednesday when he announces his decision between Ole Miss, Mississippi State, LSU and Alabama on national signing day.

But the Morton four-star athlete and Ole Miss commit already has his mind made up.

"It's been crazy. I got Ole Miss coming hard and Mississippi State coming hard at me," Bowie told The Clarion-Ledger Wednesday. "I really just wish today was signing day, so I can go ahead and get it over with.

"I know (where I'm going), I know."

Bowie is the third-highest rated player in the state of Mississippi and the No. 120 overall prospect in the country, according to the 247 Sports Composite rankings. He has been committed to Ole Miss for more than a year.

But Mississippi State has been making a strong push lately for Bowie and the 6-foot-1, 170-pound receiver visited Starkville last weekend. Bowie would likely be a receiver for MSU and would have an opportunity for playing time early on.

Bowie is set to visit Ole Miss this weekend. He said Rebels coaches will make an in-home visit on Wednesday night, while Mississippi State coaches are slated for an in-home visit with Bowie on Thursday.

Ole Miss running backs coach Derrick Nix was on Morton's campus Wednesday morning.

"Ole Miss, I like because I like coach (Hugh) Freeze. He believes in me and believes I can come there and do big things for them," Bowie said. "And coach Nix, I look up to him.

"Mississippi State, I like coach G (receivers coach Billy Gonzales). He and I, we got close pretty fast. Malik Dear, he and I had a good time (when I was there). He doesn't really talk and I don't talk a lot, so that's how we got close."

Bowie spent a lot of time playing quarterback as a senior at Morton. He rushed for 2,239 yards and 34 TDs, passed for 557 yards and three TDs and also had 12 catches for 137 yards and two TDs.

If he goes to Ole Miss, he said he'd play on the defensive side of the ball.

"If I go to Ole Miss, I'm not playing receiver. I want to play (defensive back)," Bowie said. "I was just looking at their roster and they graduated like four cornerbacks and I played cornerback, so I think I can play that."

Bowie recorded 13 tackles, an interception and a sack in 2016.

He was originally committed to Alabama before he flipped to Ole Miss in October 2015.

msstate7
01-25-2017, 08:10 PM
Sounds like if he wants to play wr, he'll be here. If he wants to play db, he'll go there

Goldendawg
01-25-2017, 08:11 PM
If it's us, why bother to visit UNM? Not getting my hopes up. Maybe playing WR for us "Thrumps" probation and playing DB at UNM.

GreenheadDawg
01-25-2017, 08:37 PM
If it's us, why bother to visit UNM? Not getting my hopes up. Maybe playing WR for us "Thrumps" probation and playing DB at UNM.

Yeh I don't like that he is visiting UM this weekend. He will have more co eds on his dick than Hugh Hefner. But I don't blame him, why not go make some money and smash some hoes then go to a school that's not going on probation

Bothrops
01-25-2017, 08:50 PM
This is the first I've heard about him playing DB. Did he say he'd rather play DB, or I'm I reading it wrong?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-25-2017, 08:50 PM
Sounds like he's going to OM. Why mention you want to play DB if you go to OM, but no mention of what you want to do at MSU? No Mullen love either.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-25-2017, 08:52 PM
This is the first I've heard about him playing DB. Did he say he'd rather play DB, or I'm I reading it wrong?

I thought that was common knowledge.

RocketDawg
01-25-2017, 08:54 PM
Sounds like if he wants to play wr, he'll be here. If he wants to play db, he'll go there

Sounds like he's decided on OM ... wants to play defense, and sees a cornerback opening there. I would think he could do the same for us.

ShotgunDawg
01-25-2017, 08:55 PM
I doubt MSU would be recruiting him as a WR if he wanted to play DB. That makes no sense due to many thinking DB is his best long term spot. If Bowie wanted to play DB I believe MSU would gladly be recruting him as a DB. Think about the logic here

Additionally, he can always move to DB after playing reciever. Seems obvious that most players would want to exhaust that option first. Not sure I've ever heard of a high school player choosing to play DB over WR. That's like choosing to play TE over QB. Doesn't happen

JoseBrown
01-25-2017, 09:21 PM
I doubt MSU would be recruiting him as a WR if he wanted to play DB. That makes no sense due to many thinking DB is his best long term spot. If Bowie wanted to play DB I believe MSU would gladly be recruting him as a DB. Think about the logic here

Additionally, he can always move to DB after playing reciever. Seems obvious that most players would want to exhaust that option first. Not sure I've ever heard of a high school player choosing to play DB over WR. That's like choosing to play TE over QB. Doesn't happen

I agree. It sounds to me like his comments are geared toward what he is being recruited for and how he would fit if he chose to go whichever. The rosters dictate offense with us, defense with Umiss. Logically speaking. He knows where he wants to go, so going to Umiss makes no difference for the OV is what I get from it. If he were to commit to Dan tomorrow, I'd imagine he's a no show in Oxford. Just my opinion..

Plus he's a WR that said he thinks he could play CB. Here's to hoping he knows he can play WR and knows he has one option to do that. MSU.

Bothrops
01-25-2017, 09:22 PM
I guess the approaching NCAA front doesn't mean so much, after all?

CadaverDawg
01-25-2017, 09:22 PM
I'd be shocked if we lost this recruiting battle.

Said no MSU fan ever.

msstate7
01-25-2017, 09:23 PM
If I'm Mullen, I try to get that flip Thursday big time and tell DD to unofficially visit us this weekend to help recruit

msstate7
01-25-2017, 09:25 PM
I think we've promised him a shot at wr first, thus the "Bowie would likely play wr"

Cooterpoot
01-25-2017, 09:27 PM
I'd be shocked if we lost this recruiting battle.

Said no MSU fan ever.

It was never even a battle.

ShotgunDawg
01-25-2017, 09:30 PM
If I'm Mullen, I try to get that flip Thursday big time and tell DD to unofficially visit us this weekend to help recruit

Agree, I'm sure there will be an all out effort.

My question is: how does OM plan to make him feel better this weekend?

For a long time, I thought the entire thing was a fix & that OM would eventually talk him into not visiting MSU & he'd sign with OM. But after visiting us, it's clear that he is extremely worried about the NCAA situation & I'm not sure what OM could do this weekend to make him feel better.

Surely OM has already exhausted all means to make him happy & keep him from visiting MSU. Surely they've already told every lie about how everything will be fine with the NCAA, but it's clear he didn't buy it & thus visited MSU.

So what does OM do now? I'm sure they've already attempted all illegal methods as well.

I just didn't expect him to ever follow through and visit MSU.

ShotgunDawg
01-25-2017, 09:33 PM
I think we've promised him a shot at wr first, thus the "Bowie would likely play wr"

Exactly, which is why it would make no sense for him to "want to play DB" before trying WR first.

If he wanted to play DB, you would've hear any WR talk with MSU. It's not like MSU couldn't use an elite high school DB

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-25-2017, 09:47 PM

Easy answer. The "chicken tenders" up there are AMAZING!!

msstate7
01-25-2017, 09:49 PM
Bowie played wr in ms-al all star game. Where did he play in army game?

ShotgunDawg
01-25-2017, 10:05 PM
Bowie played wr in ms-al all star game. Where did he play in army game?

WR.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-25-2017, 10:49 PM
Sounds like he's going to OM. Why mention you want to play DB if you go to OM, but no mention of what you want to do at MSU? No Mullen love either.

It says it in the story he'd play WR at MSU & have an opportunity for early playing time. He said he'd want to play DB at OM bc they graduated 4 DB's so it would be easier to get on the field.

msstate7
01-25-2017, 10:50 PM
WR.

Does the player have influence over where they play when they're an athlete like DD?

ShotgunDawg
01-25-2017, 10:58 PM
Does the player have influence over where they play when they're an athlete like DD?

Sure, he can pick the school that allows him to play his preferred position.

Commercecomet24
01-25-2017, 11:01 PM
DD also said(not in this article) that if a school was on probation he'd find another school. We got a shot I just don't know how much.

msstate7
01-25-2017, 11:01 PM
Sure, he can pick the school that allows him to play his preferred position.

Haha... at the all star game? Just wondering bc it seems like if DD wants to be DB in college, he almost certainly could've played DB at ms-al all star anyway

preachermatt83
01-26-2017, 12:06 AM
Lol, I don't think we get Bowie but yal are misreading this badly. He is saying "IF" I go to OM I'd rather play DB bc I can get on the field faster. However he also knows he can get on the field early as a receiver here and one would think he would rather play Reciever than DB.

preachermatt83
01-26-2017, 12:08 AM
It says it in the story he'd play WR at MSU & have an opportunity for early playing time. He said he'd want to play DB at OM bc they graduated 4 DB's so it would be easier to get on the field.

This

Reason2succeed
01-26-2017, 07:44 AM
I'm calling it. DD Bowie to State on a HUGE signing day flip. They're about to get hammered. He wants to play WR. He doesn't want to have their trolls all over him because he's a quiet guy. And yeah, he may want one more weekend to bang chicks and take old men's money.

jumbo
01-26-2017, 09:35 AM
Sounds like he's decided on OM ... wants to play defense, and sees a cornerback opening there. I would think he could do the same for us.

Except that's not at all what he said. The quote says "If I got to OM I want to play DB". He sees their depth chart and there's a much quicker path to the field on defense than at WR.

This is nothing more than a typical CL spin to make OM look better.

maroonmania
01-26-2017, 09:35 AM
Lol, I don't think we get Bowie but yal are misreading this badly. He is saying "IF" I go to OM I'd rather play DB bc I can get on the field faster. However he also knows he can get on the field early as a receiver here and one would think he would rather play Reciever than DB.

Thanks preacher, we should have him in the bag now.**

Seriously, if he already KNOWS where he is going and its to the Plantation then looming severe probation must not be bothering him too bad.

Bubb Rubb
01-26-2017, 09:39 AM

You have to keep in mind who wrote the article.

I would put money on him coming to State right now. Indications from those around his family are that he's coming here. Serious concerns about the NCAA at Ole Miss. And it's possible he could be a DB here too.

louisvilledawg
01-26-2017, 09:39 AM
"Malik Dear, he and I had a good time (when I was there). He doesn't really talk and I don't talk a lot, so that's how we got close."

lol wut

klong-dog
01-26-2017, 09:51 AM
"Malik Dear, he and I had a good time (when I was there). He doesn't really talk and I don't talk a lot, so that's how we got close."

lol wut

Yeah I literally laughed out loud when reading that.

thf24
01-26-2017, 09:54 AM

lol wut

Yeah I literally laughed out loud when reading that.

Might sound silly to many but it makes complete sense to introverts. It's a good thing that he made a connection, regardless.

klong-dog
01-26-2017, 09:56 AM
Oh I agree there.

Brahmabull
01-26-2017, 10:29 AM
Yep, I will call him to us!

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-26-2017, 12:06 PM
The fact that David Johnsons sources (hi Eli) are saying he is staying with Ole Miss has me breathing a lot easier about him

Cooterpoot
01-26-2017, 12:08 PM
He's going to sign with OM.

starkvegasdawg
01-26-2017, 12:23 PM
I can say with absolute 100% confidence that I have no clue where he's going. You can book that. No clue. None.

msstate7
01-26-2017, 12:25 PM
I can say with absolute 100% confidence that I have no clue where he's going. You can book that. No clue. None.

We have the same sources haha

maroonmania
01-26-2017, 12:30 PM

Well, wouldn't be a recruiting cycle if OM didn't flip one of their own commits.

klong-dog
01-26-2017, 12:50 PM
Yep the "mentor" is too big of a factor here, to over come.

maroonmania
01-26-2017, 12:50 PM

In all seriousness, do you have insight on this or is this just your own speculation? I too would be surprised if we sign him.

preachermatt83
01-26-2017, 12:56 PM
In all seriousness, do you have insight on this or is this just your own speculation? I too would be surprised if we sign him.

I just don't see us getting him. He is so close with Shay Hodge. I do know however that both mom and grandmother has given him their full support to go to State.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-26-2017, 12:58 PM
May be some surprised people come signing day.

msstate7
01-26-2017, 12:59 PM

That's straddling the fence, mane... there's predictions both way in this thread haha

Cooterpoot
01-26-2017, 01:00 PM

Coming from a guy that's a friend of his. But, I haven't seen him this week, so who knows if it's changed. I'm just going with it and the fact he's the top guy on the OM board with a former OM player for a "mentor". They aren't going to let him get away. Not after the Akers deal.

Boodawg
01-26-2017, 01:01 PM

I just hope that you are not the one that will be surprised.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-26-2017, 01:01 PM
I just hope that you are not the one that will be surprised.

I guess we'll find out in a few days.

Sacrifice
01-26-2017, 01:06 PM
I love the fact that OM is having to bust there ass to keep us off one of there top recruits at the last minute. Makes me feel good for some reason

Boodawg
01-26-2017, 01:06 PM
So anyone know what losing DD will do to UNM rankings, and gaining him will do to ours?

jumbo
01-26-2017, 01:15 PM
So anyone know what losing DD will do to UNM rankings, and gaining him will do to ours?

they would go from 50 to 59. We would go from 26 to 22.

Boodawg
01-26-2017, 01:16 PM

Good deal. Thanks.

msstate7
01-26-2017, 01:54 PM
Sean levy CB'd Bowie to state

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-26-2017, 02:08 PM
His old friend Shay is not too happy with OM either I hear.....Shay been talking to Heard.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-26-2017, 02:09 PM
"let" him get away? What are they going to do, tie him up?

Ari Gold
01-26-2017, 02:10 PM
I will say this
Those that saying no shot we get him have no clue what your ****ing talking about . Your just posting shit to be posting . Not saying DD is coming to state but we have as good of a shot than those ****ers do..

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-26-2017, 02:13 PM
How do they flip what is already theirs. He is not decomitted from OM

Bully13
01-26-2017, 02:19 PM
How do they flip what is already theirs. He is not decomitted from OM

That's how they roll

TimberBeast
01-26-2017, 03:16 PM
Yep the "mentor" is too big of a factor here, to over come.

What kind of "mentor" steers you towards making a huge mistake in life?

jumbo
01-26-2017, 03:19 PM
What kind of "mentor" steers you towards making a huge mistake in life?

Shay Hodge

Jarius
01-26-2017, 04:04 PM
OM is going after the baby momma with DD.

Boodawg
01-26-2017, 04:16 PM
Misery loves company...

preachermatt83
01-26-2017, 04:55 PM
OM is going after the baby momma with DD.

That's not the right person to go after. In some causes it is, but not in this one. She will have zero say in wgere he goes to school.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-26-2017, 06:22 PM
That's not the right person to go after. In some causes it is, but not in this one. She will have zero say in wgere he goes to school.

This is what happens when you don't know the kid you're recruiting.

preachermatt83
01-26-2017, 06:38 PM
This is what happens when you don't know the kid you're recruiting.

Exactly.

Bothrops
01-26-2017, 06:44 PM
So DD to State, you think?

CadaverDawg
01-26-2017, 07:25 PM
Apparently Dan & Gonzo are back with DD in home tonight. They are putting the full court press on. Glad to see it....wish we'd see this effort all recruiting season, but it's progress

Commercecomet24
01-26-2017, 07:39 PM
Apparently Dan & Gonzo are back with DD in home tonight. They are putting the full court press on. Glad to see it....wish we'd see this effort all recruiting season, but it's progress

It's getting better. There's some good stuff happening.

Really Clark?
01-26-2017, 07:46 PM

True...as long it's not Dan making those extra trips. Ha

RougeDawg
01-26-2017, 08:05 PM
"let" him get away? What are they going to do, tie him up?

Do you want an honest answer to this?

RougeDawg
01-26-2017, 08:11 PM

Did Bucky get loose on campus and take out the majority of the trees? Haven't heard one recruit of theirs talk about that beautiful campus this year.

CadaverDawg
01-26-2017, 08:16 PM
Funny watching OM fans start resorting back to historical records and the Vaught years now that the present is back to its' typical shitty status. Most of them actually thought the cheating years of 2013-2016 was "the way OM should always be". Haha, wake up morons...your program is at the absolute bottom of the SEC without massive cheating. Welcome back to your reality.

RougeDawg
01-26-2017, 08:20 PM
It's getting better. There's some good stuff happening.

Bu bu bu some (LP and RC) said Keenum never stepped in and gave dan ultimatums to stop shopping himself, quickly denouncing any rumors, and upping the effort on the recruiting trail. Just about Everything has come to fruition since I initially posted in August about Keenum stepping in. Strick got out on his own while his stock was high. Dan quickly squashed any and all job rumors. Dan's attitude and fire was showing more toward the end of the season. Recruiting picked up and Dan has been more engaged this year. The only ultimatum that hasn't reall occurred was Hev picking up the recruiting or being shown the door. We seem to be on higher rated OL this year with a shot at improving before next week, and maybe it's enough to save him another recruiting cycle.

SDDawg
01-26-2017, 08:51 PM
I am excited to potentially sign DD, but I can't let myself get my hopes up too much. He'd fit in so well at State and it would be a great match. He'd also get to go to 3 or 4 bowl games along the way. He is a special talent, really, really hope we can get him onboard with MSU. Ole Miss would be crazy to not throw everything they had at keeping him in the class, they desperately need him. It will be a colossal loss if they lose him.

Really Clark?
01-26-2017, 09:01 PM
Bu bu bu some (LP and RC) said Keenum never stepped in and gave dan ultimatums to stop shopping himself, quickly denouncing any rumors, and upping the effort on the recruiting trail. Just about Everything has come to fruition since I initially posted in August about Keenum stepping in. Strick got out on his own while his stock was high. Dan quickly squashed any and all job rumors. Dan's attitude and fire was showing more toward the end of the season. Recruiting picked up and Dan has been more engaged this year. The only ultimatum that hasn't reall occurred was Hev picking up the recruiting or being shown the door. We seem to be on higher rated OL this year with a shot at improving before next week, and maybe it's enough to save him another recruiting cycle.

And we were having such a nice conversation in this thread. But it's a new year and I promise myself to let this be last time I reply to your post on this. There is not a person on this board that believes that Mark Keenum, the president of a public university, would ever be dumb enough to discuss personnel and any internal struggles personally to you or anyone else in the general public. That was what is in dispute the majority of the time. The information you did get has mostly comeback from people trying since 2013 in internal power struggles. Oh things get said but from a definite slant that is not always factually correct or shady in a way that twist perception.

I will say this. We dont agree of what has or has not happened internally from what info we have and our own perspective. We don't agree on several aspects of our program. And have been pretty harsh with each other. But all that being said I know in our heart of hearts what we want is for our great university to succeed, on and off the field. And I know 100% without a shadow of doubt, we can't stand UNM and want them brought down. We have actually been pretty close on that and info we have received and put out about this has been symmetrical and in step to help bring them down. For that and the support you do have for our school, I respect that and what you hope happens in the future to help the school reach our goals.

TUSK
01-27-2017, 01:06 AM
Regarding DD Bowe: Has he completely given up on Bammer? I know that he committed to them "way back when"...

smootness
01-27-2017, 08:55 AM

Except people have still complained about Dan not saying enough about job rumors, and we've already had some mini-meltdowns over recruiting. Nothing has changed.

fishwater99
01-27-2017, 10:04 AM

He posted a tweet of MSU coaches but not the Freeze and the Bears... interesting.

maroonmania
01-27-2017, 10:11 AM
He posted a tweet of MSU coaches but not the Freeze and the Bears... interesting.

Yep, seems he is either coming with us or has taken on the job of being the ultimate OM undercover troll. I'm very optimistic but am not ruling out the latter.

Bubb Rubb
01-27-2017, 12:14 PM

Well, he visits Oxford this weekend. They are going to throw the kitchen sink at him.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-27-2017, 12:26 PM
Well, he visits Oxford this weekend. They are going to throw the kitchen sink at him.

I am really interested to see if he actually makes the trip.

preachermatt83
01-27-2017, 12:26 PM

Yup!!!!

preachermatt83
01-27-2017, 12:27 PM
I am really interested to see if he actually makes the trip.

He will

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-27-2017, 12:29 PM
He will

So he won't?*

JoseBrown
01-27-2017, 12:30 PM

Hope the NCAA has bugs crawling all over that place...

louisvilledawg
01-27-2017, 04:18 PM

If by "Kitchen Sink" you mean "Karly and Stephanie" then you are correct.

GTHOM
01-27-2017, 04:50 PM
Signing Gay and Bowie would really keep our momentum rolling. I think Gay is coming I'm 50/50 on Bowie

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-27-2017, 04:59 PM
He will

Hopefully with a wire and hidden camera haha

Ifyouonlyknew
01-27-2017, 05:03 PM
It's still up in the air if DD shows at OM or not.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-27-2017, 05:18 PM
It's still up in the air if DD shows at OM or not.

Is he for sure off the basketball team? Because they have a game tonight at Crystal Springs.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-27-2017, 05:21 PM
Is he for sure off the basketball team? Because they have a game tonight at Crystal Springs.

Yea he is but it wouldn't surprise me if he still went to the game to support his team & try to work his way back onto the team.

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-27-2017, 06:03 PM
IYOK....Keep us posted on DD visiting OM. If he doesn't show up, that's a huge story.

msstate7
01-27-2017, 06:12 PM
IYOK....Keep us posted on DD visiting OM. If he doesn't show up, that's a huge story.

Actually, I think that would be end of the story.

Hey DD, unofficial to state this weekend