PDA

View Full Version : Kicker Jake Lane

preachermatt83
01-25-2017, 05:23 PM
He's from Montgomery. He wants to go to SEC school. We haven't spoken to him at all. Anyone know why? He was too kicker in Alabama... and kicks off the ground.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-25-2017, 05:26 PM
Haha paging msstate7...they've been bringing him up since the other dude picked Bama.

msstate7
01-25-2017, 05:31 PM
Haha paging msstate7...they've been bringing him up since the other dude picked Bama.

I'm Jake Lane's #1 fan. If you guys wanna join jake's fan club, PM me**

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-25-2017, 05:33 PM
I'm Jake Lane's #1 fan. If you guys wanna join jake's fan club, PM me**

Haha you almost have me convinced, but I can't get past his hair....but he may be just weird enough to be a good kicker under pressure. Some of those NFL kickers are very...eccentric.

Cooterpoot
01-25-2017, 05:35 PM
We want the kicker with the S. AL offer.

preachermatt83
01-25-2017, 05:37 PM
I know for a 100 percent fact he wants to play at State.

louisvilledawg
01-25-2017, 05:42 PM
We need a kicker like Nigel Gruff. He's wiry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kQW3dvuONo

preachermatt83
01-25-2017, 05:47 PM
Mstate7. Check pm.

Really Clark?
01-25-2017, 05:50 PM
He is the same type of combo kicker as Day but rated lower. Combo kicker but his punting is stronger than his FG. Ranked lower than Day in both punting and as a kicker. If you are bring in two guys, they need to be different or bring huge upside like Williams.

Homedawg
01-25-2017, 05:50 PM
I know for a 100 percent fact he wants to play at State.

�������� boy now I feel great.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-25-2017, 06:04 PM
He is the same type of combo kicker as Day but rated lower. Combo kicker but his punting is stronger than his FG. Ranked lower than Day in both punting and as a kicker. If you are bring in two guys, they need to be different or bring huge upside like Williams.

That's what I thought too. He won several punting awards:

Additional Information

Major Accomplishment:
2016 Chris Sailer Award Finalist
Member of the "Event Elite"
2016 Vegas XXVII Punt Finalist
2016 Vegas XXVIII Punt Finalist
2017 Vegas XXIX Punt Finalist

2016 Season:
Chris Sailer Award Finalist
Max Preps All-American
Field Goals: 22-26

https://www.chrissailerkicking.com/player-rankings/profile?player=5869

BrunswickDawg
01-25-2017, 06:04 PM
#AlternativeFacts

preachermatt83
01-25-2017, 06:23 PM

Lol. He wants to play for us and we haven't contacted him. That's strait from the horses mouth.

Todd4State
01-25-2017, 06:30 PM
I hope whoever we sign kicks a game winning field goal to beat Alabama and that Alabama loses the game because of a missed extra point.

Tripp McNeely
01-25-2017, 06:39 PM
https://tdalabamamag.com/2017/01/19/2017-4-star-kicker-jake-lane-wants-alabama-offer/

Really Clark?
01-25-2017, 06:44 PM
Lol. He wants to play for us and we haven't contacted him. That's strait from the horses mouth.

Ha. He wants to play for anyone that will give him a scholarship or perferred walkon spot. We already have the better rated combo kicker committed for a scholarship. It would be stupid to offer anything more than regular walk-on for the lesser kicker that is similar in skill.

preachermatt83
01-25-2017, 06:59 PM
Ha. He wants to play for anyone that will give him a scholarship or perferred walkon spot. We already have the better rated combo kicker committed for a scholarship. It would be stupid to offer anything more than regular walk-on for the lesser kicker that is similar in skill.

Day is a great punter, and he can kick in a pinch but He's no stud place kicker. Lane can be a top notch kicker for us.

Really Clark?
01-25-2017, 07:10 PM
Day is a great punter, and he can kick in a pinch but He's no stud place kicker. Lane can be a top notch kicker for us.

What? Lane's skills are the same as Day but not as good or strong. They are both combo kickers that have picked up and excelling at punting first. They both have FG potential but he is not better than Day in that regard and Day has the bigger upside with FG as well. Lane's only finalist achievements have been in punting, where Day has consistently beat him. Day has also made FG finalist in competition. Lane has not. As combo kickers with punt leanings go, Day is the best in the nation and Lane has the same skill set but lower rated and lower accomplished.

If you want someone with different leaning and has shown better FG ability then Mason Dillard is the better of the two in Alabama.

msstate7
01-25-2017, 07:24 PM
What? Lane's skills are the same as Day but not as good or strong. They are both combo kickers that have picked up and excelling at punting first. They both have FG potential but he is not better than Day in that regard and Day has the bigger upside with FG as well. Lane's only finalist achievements have been in punting, where Day has consistently beat him. Day has also made FG finalist in competition. Lane has not. As combo kickers with punt leanings go, Day is the best in the nation and Lane has the same skill set but lower rated and lower accomplished.

If you want someone with different leaning and has shown better FG ability then Mason Dillard is the better of the two in Alabama.

"Versus other elite kickers in the country, Lane placed top 3 in the 2017 Chris Sailer High School Placekicker of the Year behind Ruiz by coming in second."

Taken from the link above by Tripp

Really Clark?
01-25-2017, 07:28 PM
"Versus other elite kickers in the country, Lane placed top 3 in the 2017 Chris Sailer High School Placekicker of the Year behind Ruiz by coming in second."

Sailer actually rates him #38 as a kicker and #24 in punting.

Day is rated #32 in kicking and #1 in punting.

https://www.chrissailerkicking.com/player-rankings/?year=2017

preachermatt83
01-25-2017, 07:29 PM

No need in arguing. Day is an SEC punter. Lane is a top notch kicker. Weather Clark admits it or not is irrelevant

msstate7
01-25-2017, 07:30 PM
Sailer actually rates him #38 as a kicker and #24 in punting.

https://www.chrissailerkicking.com/player-rankings/?year=2017

You saying that lane did finish as a finalist in competition

msstate7
01-25-2017, 07:36 PM
No need in arguing. Day is an SEC punter. Lane is a top notch kicker. Weather Clark admits it or not is irrelevant

Haha I'm not getting into you two's argument. Clark has a different opinion than you... I'm not sure which one of you is right. I like lane, but I'm certainly no kicker expert.

Really Clark?
01-25-2017, 07:39 PM

Dude. The freaking kicking gurus don't agree with you. Their write ups about them is the same and they rank Day higher in both FG Kicking and Punting. Day placed 4th in FG in the invite only Top 12 Event (Lane wasn't invited because he is not considered a Top 12 overall kicker) hosted by Sailer. You can think what you want, I'm going with the opinions of the experts.

Really Clark?
01-25-2017, 07:40 PM
You saying that lane did finish as a finalist in competition

Punting. Not FG Kicking. Day finished and won championships in punting and as a finalist in FG. Lane never did in FG Kicking.

msstate7
01-25-2017, 07:41 PM
Is day an option to kick FGs next season?

msstate7
01-25-2017, 07:44 PM
Punting. Not FG Kicking. Day finished and won championships in punting and as a finalist in FG. Lane never did in FG Kicking.

Obviously you've researched this more than me, but the quote I posted said "placekicker of the year". I assumed that meant placekicking

Really Clark?
01-25-2017, 08:10 PM
Obviously you've researched this more than me, but the quote I posted said "placekicker of the year". I assumed that meant placekicking

Yeah he was named that but he is not considered a top FG kicker. He is considered a Punter/Kicker and that is how he is profiled and how Sailer is marketing him. It's like Gatorade player year, it's an honor but has not bearing on who is best.

He competed last weekend in Vegas trying to up his stock. Ruiz and some other big kickers were their but not close to all. He finished tied for 48th in FG for the 2017/JC division out of 57 kickers in FG. He did well in punting. He was eliminated in the first round of the head to head FG competition. Day has actually placed in FG competitions as a finalist. Lane has not. They are very similar in skills but Day is rated higher by the expert sites.

Really Clark?
01-25-2017, 08:25 PM
Is day an option to kick FGs next season?

No way to answer that. He has potential but his greater potential is at punter. As far as FG Kicking I would look at the kid from LA committed to USM, Dillard and Williams. They all bring a different skill set than Day. Williams has a ton of upside. The kid committed USM may actually be more ready as far as FG than any of them but they think he may be at his ceiling or close. Dillard is an accurate type of kicker and smooth. His leg strength is lower than Day and Lane but he is more consistant.

travis
01-25-2017, 09:46 PM
Sounds like this conversation is moot and we'll take our chances w/ Day + walkons.

MaroonFlounder
01-25-2017, 10:29 PM
I hope whoever we sign kicks a game winning field goal to beat Alabama and that Alabama loses the game because of a missed extra point.

I doubt we will ever be in a position for that. At least until Saban moves on.

Todd4State
01-25-2017, 11:13 PM
I doubt we will ever be in a position for that. At least until Saban moves on.

Maybe, but you never know. It would be poetic if it turned out like that.