PDA

View Full Version : OT: Butch Trucks

BrunswickDawg
01-25-2017, 11:53 AM
I'm sure this might get moved - but I know there are other Brothers on this board.

We lost Butch Trucks today. Butch and Jaimoe are two of more important percussionists of the last half century. The sound they created as the driving force behind the Allman Brothers is unmatched. Some will argue that Mickey Hart and Bill Kreutzman were better or more impactful with the Dead, but give me Butch any day.

RIP Butch. Say hi to Duane and Berry and enjoy your jam tonight. Thanks for always Hittin' the Note.

AusTexDawg
01-25-2017, 12:30 PM
RIP. There really is only "One Way Out." Here's hoping Butch eased out soft and slow.

Prediction? Pain.
01-25-2017, 01:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUvxRjYqjEQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcAph-PqJP0

BrunswickDawg
01-25-2017, 01:15 PM
When ABB played the Amphitheater in '94 with Blues Traveler, my friends and I were center stage. We literally could rest our arms about chest high on the stage. We talked to Dickey Betts the whole show. At the end, I got a pic from Dickey and a friend got sticks from Butch. Definitely one of my top concert experiences.

Thick
01-25-2017, 01:19 PM
Big loss to the music world. Cannot count how many times I saw the ABB, never left a show disappointed!

AusTexDawg
01-25-2017, 01:39 PM
When ABB played the Amphitheater in '94 with Blues Traveler, my friends and I were center stage. We literally could rest our arms about chest high on the stage. We talked to Dickey Betts the whole show. At the end, I got a pic from Dickey and a friend got sticks from Butch. Definitely one of my top concert experiences.

Great story. That was the 2nd concert I ever attended, and I loved it.

SapperDawg
01-25-2017, 01:56 PM
I was at that show...was the best of my college career. Hit several shows around the country since then. Terrible loss.

HereComesTheSpiral
01-25-2017, 02:02 PM
Dammit 2017

LC Dawg
01-25-2017, 02:16 PM
Butch Trucks doesn't get enough credit for being a great drummer. He led the hell out of a rhythym section that you feel deep down in your soul when you listen to the ABB.

BeastMan
01-25-2017, 02:39 PM
Slight hijack but Allman Brothers related. This is a great article about their Dixie mafia ties http://gangsterreport.com/drugs-dixie-mafia-ties-led-to-break-up-of-the-allman-brothers/

RIP Butch

Barking 13
01-25-2017, 02:42 PM
a sure sign we are all getting closer to that point.....

lastmajordog
01-25-2017, 02:57 PM
This is horrible, just found out Greg Lake passed awhile back. I can tell you when Gregg leaves us, I will officially mourn and shed tears.......NOBODY did Mississippi Delta Blues like the Brothers......NOBODY

AusTexDawg
01-25-2017, 03:13 PM
Dammit 2017

2016 was probably a prime example of what it'll look like for the foreseeable future as members of the boomers/classic rock/outlaw country generation catch the last train out (says this Xer).

HereComesTheSpiral
01-25-2017, 03:26 PM
2016 was probably a prime example of what it'll look like for the foreseeable future as members of the boomers/classic rock/outlaw country generation catch the last train out (says this Xer).

You can't live the way a lot of those guys did and expect to make it to be eligible to draw social security.

Barking 13
01-25-2017, 04:06 PM
You can't live the way a lot of us did and expect to make it to be eligible to draw social security.

FIFY

BrunswickDawg
01-25-2017, 04:57 PM
This is horrible, just found out Greg Lake passed awhile back. I can tell you when Gregg leaves us, I will officially mourn and shed tears.......NOBODY did Mississippi Delta Blues like the Brothers......NOBODY

Don't put that voodoo out there - Gregg needs to be like Keith Richards. He's beat liver failure he can keep kicking for a long time.

But, you are dead on about his blues.