PDA

View Full Version : For the fans of the interlocking MSU...

AusTexDawg
01-25-2017, 10:16 AM
Here is a listicle someone put together of the best historical logos from each SEC school, (http://herosports.com/news/college-football-college-basketball-sec-defunct-logos-alabama-auburn-florida) choosing the Nike interlocking MSU. I agree with the author about several of these, but have to question the taste of anyone who thinks that Florida logo is a winner. It's right there with our old Flying M logo (http://msuunitracker.blogspot.com/2013/07/msu-football-uniform-history-to-1986.html) in terms of looking dated instead of classic.

Also, here is a review of the new set of baseball throwback uniforms Adidas created for their schools (https://campusinsiders.com/news/ranking-adidas-baseball-heritage-uniform-collection-01-24-2017/). Again, the MSU pinstripes should be in the top 2, IMHO.

louisvilledawg
01-25-2017, 10:22 AM
Those Louisville unis are very ugly.

I really like our pinstripes (obviously), the aTm uniforms, and the Sun Devil ones are pretty sharp too.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-25-2017, 10:22 AM
Our uniform is bad ass....A&M's looks pretty slick as well.

Reason2succeed
01-25-2017, 10:27 AM
I like seeing which players they chose to put on he unis. Relf, Fant, Marlin, Dixon, and Prescott from what I can remember.

SaintDawg
01-25-2017, 10:42 AM
They need to make those jerseys available for sale. I haven't been able to find a decent State baseball jersey for sale anywhere. The ones I have been able to find are shit. I'd like to have a couple of replica jerseys of what the team wears.

AusTexDawg
01-25-2017, 10:44 AM
Our uniform is bad ass....A&M's looks pretty slick as well.

Agreed, but the "X" looks weird on the A&M jersey. Seems like they could've offset it better.

smootness
01-25-2017, 11:03 AM
The interlocking MSU is a great logo and definitely the best helmet decal we've ever had, but I'll always be partial to the Walking Bully and the baseball logo with Bully swinging the bat.

As for the baseball unis, they are sick and should become our permanent home unis. The A&M and ASU ones, as others have said, are also sweet.

travis
01-25-2017, 11:07 AM
The Nike MSU logo is severely over-rated by fans. It's garbage. Good riddance.

the59dawg
01-25-2017, 12:17 PM

Agree.

3rdGen
01-25-2017, 02:15 PM
Agreed, but the "X" looks weird on the A&M jersey. Seems like they could've offset it better.

I agree, they screwed that up. Your FIRED! haha

Cooterpoot
01-25-2017, 02:40 PM
Our current helmet logo is a prime example of the pussification of America. Looks like a damn Ivy League sweater letter.

travis
01-25-2017, 03:30 PM
Our current helmet logo is a prime example of the pussification of America. Looks like a damn Ivy League sweater letter.

You probably liked Walking Bully too. :rolleyes:

Barking 13
01-25-2017, 04:15 PM
never liked those***

Cooterpoot
01-25-2017, 04:32 PM
You probably liked Walking Bully too. :rolleyes:

When I was 5.

Todd4State
01-25-2017, 04:48 PM

I didn't know Larry Templeton posted here.

The Nike interlocking MSU is the best helmet logo we've had in our history. I would settle for an Adidas version of the MSJ though and I'd like to see what they could do to be honest with you.

Goldendawg
01-25-2017, 08:02 PM
I too miss the interlocking MSU, wish Adidas would design a version if Nike won't let us use it. I have never liked M State. UNM used a plain M b4 us and we come later and put State across it with different colors of course. Showing my age I guess. We kept MS for baseball, bring back interlocking MSU for football. JMO.

pscf3
01-25-2017, 08:12 PM
I like seeing which players they chose to put on he unis. Relf, Fant, Marlin, Dixon, and Prescott from what I can remember.

Those actually just got refreshed on hailstateunis.com. Did the uniform history back to 1951, using the most recognizable names for the more recent ones and basing the older ones on stats:

http://www.hailstateunis.com/notable-articles/msu-football-uniform-history

lamont
01-25-2017, 08:45 PM

wow

Gonna have to disagree. Far and away our best logo and much better than what we currently have.

Goldendawg
01-25-2017, 08:52 PM
I agree. Give me an interlocking MSU again for Mississippi State University!