PDA

View Full Version : A few things to keep in mind as OM's Christmas(signing day) approaches...

DeviousDawg
01-24-2017, 10:36 PM
1. Sources from the North Pole are telling me that Ole Miss has landed themselves on the naughty list for years to come and will be receiving a stocking full of coals. In fact, Ole Miss has been so naughty that their best present(DD Bowie) will be given to their better behaved "little brother". Not to worry though Rebs, you have plenty of presents to play with from the past three Christmas mornings. Unfortunately, those old presents will soon enough become broken, restless or outdated, with no replacements in sight. Silver lining: there is a lesson to learn here, if you steal others' Christmas presents, Santa will notice, and he will place you on the naughty list. As Santa, and J Cole, like to say:

"Fool me one time, shame on you; Fool me twice, can't put the blame on you; Fool me three times, 17 the peace sign, load the chopper, let it rain on you."

2. Back to reality, if anyone puts out a pro Ole Miss piece this week, you have to remember that it is nothing but smoke and mirrors. Absolutely NOTHING has changed.

3. Jumping off the last point, if any Ole Miss fan tries to tell you this week anything positive about the investigation, don't listen. The infamous leak of OM's first NOA is coming up on it's one year anniversary. I'm no psychologist, but it seems like Ole Miss fans have some type of memory disorder. They so clearly remember the good times of the 50's and 60's, they are not forgotten. However, they seem to have forgotten about the NOA that they received just one year ago. That NOA is just as bad today, as it was a year ago, and as it will be 3 years from now. Even if that's all the received, and it's not, but even if it was, we are talking 20-30 scholarships, 3-4 years of probation, 1-2 years of bowl bans, and show causes for any coaches that were dumb enough to remain on staff.

http://i64.tinypic.com/289fksy.jpg http://i64.tinypic.com/2aad11h.jpg

4. Now, let's think about NOA part 2. There is absolutely NO WAY that it is not as bad as the first one. Think about this for a minute, everything on the first NOA was before anyone in the country knew about the investigation. No recruits knew about, and any players and coaches that knew about it weren't talking. So anything on the first NOA was just stuff that the NCAA found without any help. Now think about the time frame of the second NOA and everything it may include:

-It was while everyone in the country knew that OM was cheating.
-It was AFTER Ole Miss had already received a NOA for dirty recruiting from the NCAA themselves.
-It was after Tunsil's Draft Day confession, and will include anything that was found from that.
-During the time frame of the second NOA, any athlete recruited by Ole Miss during the time frame of the second NOA and/or the first NOA was given immunity to speak on their recruitment by Ole Miss.
-Also during this time frame, Ole Miss had over half of their football coaching staff jump ship for equal or worse jobs. That includes our boy Barney, who was Ole Miss's patsy, and he is not happy about it. Not to mention Heard, Wommack, Werner, Batoon and Kiffin. Seems weird that they all departed at the same time, it's almost like they were waiting for immunity from the NCAA, and once they received it they were gone. Think about it, why would any of these schools hire these guys with so much baggage without knowing that they were immune from anything that they did in Oxford.

The NCAA investigators had none of the above in the first NOA, yet they were able to put together 8 level I violations. Just imagine what they have put together in the second one. Any OM fan that tells you or believes the second NOA will not be as bad as the first one is simply illogical. It's like telling a person to go build a house, without any wood, tools or help, in the middle of the desert. That house will take a longggg time to build and will not be that impressive. Then you tell someone else to go build a house, and give them unlimited access to a lumberyard and Home Depot, as well as a veteran construction crew. For the first four years of the investigation, the NCAA was the first person. It took a long time to build the first NOA, and honestly, it wasn't that impressive, but just enough to get the job done. However, for the past year the NCAA has been the second person, and it is creating a house that will not be easily destroyed for years to come, and will be remembered for decades to come.

http://i68.tinypic.com/e147tj.jpg

Turfdawg67
01-24-2017, 10:57 PM
1. Sources from the North Pole are telling me that Ole Miss has landed themselves on the naughty list for years to come and will be receiving a stocking full of coals. In fact, Ole Miss has been so naughty that their best present(DD Bowie) will be given to their better behaved "little brother". Not to worry though Rebs, you have plenty of presents to play with from the past three Christmas mornings. Unfortunately, those old presents will soon enough become broken, restless or outdated, with no replacements in sight. Silver lining: there is a lesson to learn here, if you steal others' Christmas presents, Santa will notice, and he will place you on the naughty list. As Santa, and J Cole, like to say:

"Fool me one time, shame on you; Fool me twice, can't put the blame on you; Fool me three times, 17 the peace sign, load the chopper, let it rain on you."

2. Back to reality, if anyone puts out a pro Ole Miss piece this week, you have to remember that it is nothing but smoke and mirrors. Absolutely NOTHING has changed.

3. Jumping off the last point, if any Ole Miss fan tries to tell you this week anything positive about the investigation, don't listen. The infamous leak of OM's first NOA is coming up on it's one year anniversary. I'm no psychologist, but it seems like Ole Miss fans have some type of memory disorder. They so clearly remember the good times of the 50's and 60's, they are not forgotten. However, they seem to have forgotten about the NOA that they received just one year ago. That NOA is just as bad today, as it was a year ago, and as it will be 3 years from now. Even if that's all the received, and it's not, but even if it was, we are talking 20-30 scholarships, 3-4 years of probation, 1-2 years of bowl bans, and show causes for any coaches that were dumb enough to remain on staff.

4. Now, let's think about NOA part 2. There is absolutely NO WAY that it is not as bad as the first one. Think about this for a minute, everything on the first NOA was before anyone in the country knew about the investigation. No recruits knew about, and any players and coaches that knew about it weren't talking. So anything on the first NOA was just stuff that the NCAA found without any help. Now think about the time frame of the second NOA and everything it may include:

-It was AFTER Ole Miss had already received a NOA for dirty recruiting from the NCAA themselves.
-It was after Tunsil's Draft Day confession, and will include anything that was found from that.
-During the time frame of the second NOA, any athlete recruited by Ole Miss during the time frame of the second NOA and/or the first NOA was given immunity to speak on their recruitment by Ole Miss.
-Also during this time frame, Ole Miss had over half of their football coaching staff jump ship for equal or worse jobs. That includes our boy Barney, who was Ole Miss's patsy, and he is not happy about it. Not to mention Heard, Wommack, Werner, Batoon and Kiffin. Seems weird that they all departed at the same time, it's almost like they were waiting for immunity from the NCAA, and once they received it they were gone. Think about it, why would any of these schools hire these guys with so much baggage without knowing that they were immune from anything that they did in Oxford.

The NCAA investigators had none of the above in the first NOA, yet they were able to put together 8 level I violations. Just imagine what they have put together in the second one. Any OM fan that tells you or believes the second NOA will not be as bad as the first one is simply illogical. It's like telling a person to go build a house, without any wood, tools or help, in the middle of the desert. That house will take a longggg time to build and will not be that impressive. Then you tell someone else to go build a house, and give them unlimited access to a lumberyard and Home Depot, as well as a veteran construction crew. For the first four years of the investigation, the NCAA was the first person. It took a long time to build the first NOA, and honestly, it wasn't that impressive, but just enough to get the job done. However, for the past year the NCAA has been the second person, and it is creating a house that will not be easily destroyed for years to come, and will be remembered for decades to come.

Excellent... as always!

Todd4State
01-25-2017, 12:40 AM
I guess my question at this point and I don't think anyone knows yet because it remains to be seen is whether they will be penalized concurrently or separately. Will the second NOA start at the end of the first NOA in what we theoretically believe will be three years? Or will they be forced to have a signing class of five one year? I honestly can't recall anyone other than SMU that just blatantly cheated after being nailed by the NCAA once already.

My other question is how long does repeat violator status last because after not one but two NOA's I would think that they would have to be pretty careful for several years once they are off of probation.

Really Clark?
01-25-2017, 01:00 AM
I guess my question at this point and I don't think anyone knows yet because it remains to be seen is whether they will be penalized concurrently or separately. Will the second NOA start at the end of the first NOA in what we theoretically believe will be three years? Or will they be forced to have a signing class of five one year? I honestly can't recall anyone other than SMU that just blatantly cheated after being nailed by the NCAA once already.

My other question is how long does repeat violator status last because after not one but two NOA's I would think that they would have to be pretty careful for several years once they are off of probation.

Repeat offender lasts for 5 years from the start of probation of any sport

DeviousDawg
01-25-2017, 01:37 AM

If you throw one pile of shit onto another pile of shit, it's hard to differentiate the two piles, but it's obvious that they both smell like shit. I'm not sure how they are going to do it but both will be accounted for. However they do it, they will structure the scholarship penalties year by year in a way that OM coaches can plan out how many they can sign in future classes. It will be up to Ole Miss on how the manage the scholarships, so if they get stuck signing 5 guys in one class, it will be because of poor planning on the coaches part. The NCAA will have no say on how many guys they sign in a given year, all they will do is set an amount of scholarship players OM can have in a given year, with the amount decreasing each year of probation.

Repeat Offender won't scare the guys that are currently making the calls at Ole Miss, but if those guys go down, then they will have to rebuild their network, and it may take a decade after getting off of probation to gather enough guys willing to throw some dough. It's not like you can hire guys to be boosters, unless your Alabama. There are only so many people that care enough about their alma mater's recruiting/sports and have enough money to give it away. If most of those guys get dissasociated, they will be stuck waiting for a new generation of #Networkers. I think its fair to say this will affect Ole Miss Football until the 2030s. Sounds ridiculous, but the way this thing is going, NOA #1 and #2 may not both be completely settled until 2020. Add 5-6 years of probation and its ~2025 and Ole Miss is stuck looking for a coach that wants to touch that dumpster fire of a roster and also looking for new networkers, it's fair to say that reboot could take 5+ years. They are going to get what they deserve.

Reason2succeed
01-25-2017, 08:36 AM
I hope so. I want OM to be the Washington Generals (opponent that was 0-16,000+ against the Harlem Globetrotters) of the SEC.

Liverpooldawg
01-25-2017, 09:21 AM

Y'all keep forgetting that it was eight CATAGORIES of violations. Some of those had multiple violations lumped into them.

TrapGame
01-25-2017, 09:25 AM
Fantastic use of Member Berries!!!

Liverpooldawg
01-25-2017, 09:29 AM
If you throw one pile of shit onto another pile of shit, it's hard to differentiate the two piles, but it's obvious that they both smell like shit. I'm not sure how they are going to do it but both will be accounted for. However they do it, they will structure the scholarship penalties year by year in a way that OM coaches can plan out how many they can sign in future classes. It will be up to Ole Miss on how the manage the scholarships, so if they get stuck signing 5 guys in one class, it will be because of poor planning on the coaches part. The NCAA will have no say on how many guys they sign in a given year, all they will do is set an amount of scholarship players OM can have in a given year, with the amount decreasing each year of probation.

Repeat Offender won't scare the guys that are currently making the calls at Ole Miss, but if those guys go down, then they will have to rebuild their network, and it may take a decade after getting off of probation to gather enough guys willing to throw some dough. It's not like you can hire guys to be boosters, unless your Alabama. There are only so many people that care enough about their alma mater's recruiting/sports and have enough money to give it away. If most of those guys get dissasociated, they will be stuck waiting for a new generation of #Networkers. I think its fair to say this will affect Ole Miss Football until the 2030s. Sounds ridiculous, but the way this thing is going, NOA #1 and #2 may not both be completely settled until 2020. Add 5-6 years of probation and its ~2025 and Ole Miss is stuck looking for a coach that wants to touch that dumpster fire of a roster and also looking for new networkers, it's fair to say that reboot could take 5+ years. They are going to get what they deserve.

If you think being disassociated will change hoe those guy operate you are in for a surprise. That won't stop them. What they are doing is already against the rules.

RougeDawg
01-25-2017, 09:37 AM
Fantastic use of Member Berries!!!

Yes. This past season of South Park was epic.

Back to OM. One of their recent talking points is everybody cheats, the NCAA is just after us. I responded "rolling through a stop sign and murder are both breaking a law as well." Hoping he got the analogy because just about every football program rolls through stop signs and speeds up on a yellow light, but they were committing manslaughter and 2nd degree murder. They are either brainwashed, in denial, or completely certifiably stupid human beings.

Maroons
01-25-2017, 09:44 AM
If you think being disassociated will change hoe those guy operate you are in for a surprise. That won't stop them. What they are doing is already against the rules.

I have a feeling they're about to throw all their network resources into baseball, if they haven't started already.

Todd4State
01-25-2017, 09:52 AM
I have a feeling they're about to throw all their network resources into baseball, if they haven't started already.

Good luck to them competing with MLB who can offer millions legally to kids.

AusTexDawg
01-25-2017, 09:59 AM
I hope so. I want OM to be the Washington Generals (opponent that was 0-16,000+ against the Harlem Globetrotters) of the SEC.

To be fair to the Generals, they did win 6 against the Globetrotters (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Generals), but I agree with the sentiment. Hoping the hammer drops hard up north.

MedDawg
01-25-2017, 10:13 AM
Repeat offender lasts for 5 years from the start of probation of any sport

Which is important to remember. Because of this, EVERY probation is essentially a 5-year probation regardless of what the NCAA says in their penalties.

Todd4State
01-26-2017, 12:45 AM

I re-read this later and the part about them only signing five...

I was always under the impression that on NSD schools could only announce the signings of football players that actually signed LOI's for scholarships and therefore couldn't announce walk-ons on NSD. So, if they are only allotted five scholarships they can only sign five. Now, I am sure that they could count back scholarships to add more players to the class so it's extremely unlikely that they or anyone else would ever have a signing class that small, but of course in order to do that they would have to process players out of an already depleted roster which means that they wouldn't be able to build any depth whatsoever.

I'll also be interested to see what happens with North Carolina in football because it seems to me like they are in a similar situation as Ole Miss is. A long investigation with multiple NOA's involved. But UNC does seem to be further along in the process than Ole Miss is.

DeviousDawg
01-26-2017, 01:30 AM
I re-read this later and the part about them only signing five...

I was always under the impression that on NSD schools could only announce the signings of football players that actually signed LOI's for scholarships and therefore couldn't announce walk-ons on NSD. So, if they are only allotted five scholarships they can only sign five. Now, I am sure that they could count back scholarships to add more players to the class so it's extremely unlikely that they or anyone else would ever have a signing class that small, but of course in order to do that they would have to process players out of an already depleted roster which means that they wouldn't be able to build any depth whatsoever.

I'll also be interested to see what happens with North Carolina in football because it seems to me like they are in a similar situation as Ole Miss is. A long investigation with multiple NOA's involved. But UNC does seem to be further along in the process than Ole Miss is.

The NCAA can't tell a school how many people they can sign, the SEC can, and thanks to the Houston Nutt class with ~40 signees, they did. 25 each year but you can count back and there are many ways around it. The NCAA does limit how many people are on scholarship, they don't care what the number is, as long as its not above 85. If it wasn't for the SEC 25 rule, even if Ole Miss was docked 30 schollies over 5 years, they could sign 50 each year, pull those 50 schollies the following year, and sign another 50.

The NCAA doesn't want to punish these kids, so when they say 30 over 5 years, they do it in a way so that the guys already on the team won't lose their scholarships. After the first year Ole Miss would be allowed 79 scholarship players, the next year they would be allowed 73, the next 67, the next 61 and the last year they would be allowed 55 scholarship players. They do it that way so that 30 kids who are already on scholarship won't immediately lose their scholarships. After the COI gives OM their punishment, I expect Ole Miss will sign 15-20 each year and will be fine. The reason it hurts so bad is that you can't afford to miss on anyone. If you can have 55 scholarship players, and only incorrectly evaluate 5 signees a year, more than a third of your roster is useless. Couple that with the fact that everyone they will be signing will be 3 stars with offers from MTSU and Troy, and the future doesn't look to bright for the Rebs.

sandwolf
01-26-2017, 01:32 AM
The NCAA will have no say on how many guys they sign in a given year, all they will do is set an amount of scholarship players OM can have in a given year, with the amount decreasing each year of probation.

I'm not positive, but I don't think this is accurate. USC was penalized 30 scholarships over 3 years, and their total scholarship number was reduced to 70 (may have been 75...I can't remember)....and I think that penalty limited them to signing 15 players per year, in addition to the overall reduction.

sandwolf
01-26-2017, 01:37 AM
The NCAA doesn't want to punish these kids, so when they say 30 over 5 years, they do it in a way so that the guys already on the team won't lose their scholarships. After the first year Ole Miss would be allowed 79 scholarship players, the next year they would be allowed 73, the next 67, the next 61 and the last year they would be allowed 55 scholarship players.

That's not how it worked with USC.

The actual sanctions for the Trojans were a two-year postseason ban, the loss of 30 scholarships over three years and a maximum of 75 scholarship players for those three years.

LINK (http://www.conquestchronicles.com/2015/7/20/9000965/five-years-later-sanctions-against-usc-increased-before-they-were)

DeviousDawg
01-26-2017, 01:48 AM
That's not how it worked with USC.

LINK (http://www.conquestchronicles.com/2015/7/20/9000965/five-years-later-sanctions-against-usc-increased-before-they-were)

Good find. There isn't really a previous case to go back and look on that matches up with OM's investigation. Not sure how they are gonna do it but they won't make it to where they have to sign 5 players in one year. If that's the case they may as well just give them the Death Penalty to save the university some money.

basedog
01-26-2017, 08:18 AM

Baseball is a totally different animal when dealing with recruits, lots more class involved.

Buddy
01-26-2017, 09:02 AM
After the first year Ole Miss would be allowed 79 scholarship players, the next year they would be allowed 73, the next 67, the next 61 and the last year they would be allowed 55 scholarship players. They do it that way so that 30 kids who are already on scholarship won't immediately lose their scholarships. After the COI gives OM their punishment, I expect Ole Miss will sign 15-20 each year and will be fine. The reason it hurts so bad is that you can't afford to miss on anyone. If you can have 55 scholarship players, and only incorrectly evaluate 5 signees a year, more than a third of your roster is useless. Couple that with the fact that everyone they will be signing will be 3 stars with offers from MTSU and Troy, and the future doesn't look to bright for the Rebs.

The scenario you describe would equate to a loss of 90 scholarships over 5 years (6+12+18+24+30). I think the USC example is the way it works. A loss of 30 scholarships over 5 years would allow OM to have no more than 79 scholarship players on the roster for 5 consecutive years.

Buddy
01-26-2017, 09:14 AM
The actual sanctions for the Trojans were a two-year postseason ban, the loss of 30 scholarships over three years and a maximum of 75 scholarship players for those three years.

The last part of this statement is interesting. I'm assuming this is put in place by the NCAA to prevent the school (USC in this case) from taking the 30 scholarship reduction in one year (max of 55 scholarships) and then being back to the full 85 for the last two years of the 3-year period. That would allow a school to recover very quickly from the scholarship loss (assuming they could sign more than 25 the year after the reduction).

Uncivilengineer
01-26-2017, 09:21 AM
You have to remember that every year 25% or so players graduate, or run out of eligibility. If they get a 6 player per year reduction, that will add up fast.

Reason2succeed
01-26-2017, 09:34 AM
They also would not have the luxury of redshirting players.