PDA

View Full Version : Who to keep an eye on as signing day approaches...MSU EDITION

preachermatt83
01-24-2017, 06:32 PM
Give us some help here Ari, IYOK, and anyone else with info add to the list. I know there are several missing. Thanks.

Miss State

Locked down:
Hill
Dunning
L. Guidry
Ellis
Day
Richardson
Cooper
Suggs ...
Who else??

Watching:
Gay
Bowie
Odom
Rhoades
Houston
Green
Clyde
Blosser
Reed
Carty
Collins

Political Hack
01-24-2017, 08:08 PM
I'd move Gay up your board.

lamont
01-24-2017, 08:09 PM
move Gay, Rhodes, and Bowie up and Guidry down

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-24-2017, 08:11 PM
Watching...Reed

msstate7
01-24-2017, 08:13 PM

I really hope you're correct

klong-dog
01-24-2017, 08:16 PM

Guidry down? For what? He's not on the watch list. Guess I'm is confurrsed.

Commercecomet24
01-24-2017, 08:29 PM
I'd move Gay up your board.

Yep!

RocketDawg
01-24-2017, 08:41 PM
Move Bullovas up too. I think we're why he decommitted from Ga Tech ... plus he wanted a better engineering school. ;)

Commercecomet24
01-24-2017, 08:44 PM
I believe Cooper is in but he's probably a sign and place. Athletic ol could help down the road.

Ari Gold
01-24-2017, 08:45 PM
I think Denzel Houston ends up in the class..

Turfdawg67
01-24-2017, 08:47 PM
Move Bullovas up too. I think we're why he decommitted from Ga Tech ... plus he wanted a better engineering school. ;)

Hell... move everyone up! FYI GT and Bammer have good engineering schools too.

preachermatt83
01-24-2017, 08:51 PM
Guys there is no way u put Uncommitted players in "locked down" category. I am just simply asking who are we watching on signing day and who is already a done deal. 100 percent.

preachermatt83
01-24-2017, 08:51 PM

Added to watch... thanks ari.

preachermatt83
01-24-2017, 08:53 PM

Landon Guidry? He's as committed as they come!

msstate7
01-24-2017, 08:57 PM
Hell... move everyone up! FYI GT and Bammer have good engineering schools too.

According to US News, Bama and State are tied at #105 nationally in engineering. Obviously engineering school isn't bulovas' main priority though bc GT is #7 nationally.

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-engineering-schools/eng-rankings/page+5

defiantdog
01-24-2017, 09:02 PM
According to US News, Bama and State are tied at #105 nationally in engineering. Obviously engineering school isn't bulovas' main priority though bc GT is #7 nationally.

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-engineering-schools/eng-rankings/page+5

He won't get a commitable scholly from Bama tho

msstate7
01-24-2017, 09:04 PM

I hope not. Bama page on tRant saying scout reported bulovas visiting this weekend and has offer

lamont
01-24-2017, 09:04 PM
Guys there is no way u put Uncommitted players in "locked down" category. I am just simply asking who are we watching on signing day and who is already a done deal. 100 percent.

and I responded accordingly

lamont
01-24-2017, 09:06 PM

exactly- they gonna greyshirt or blueshirt him. He understands we want him to be our kicker this Fall

msstate7
01-24-2017, 09:07 PM
and I responded accordingly

I don't guess I remember you making guarantees in recruiting. Hope your info is solid

PassInterference
01-24-2017, 09:11 PM
What's a blue shirt?

dawgday166
01-24-2017, 09:12 PM
I don't guess I remember you making guarantees in recruiting. Hope your info is solid

I don't guess I saw him guarantee anything.

You got any Valium? ****

lamont
01-24-2017, 09:12 PM

I ****ing hate recruiting- but am confident in what people close to things are telling me.

We have worked our ass off for Gay- and if he goes to LSU- just no more we could have done
Everybody close to Bowie says he doesnt want to play for that NCAA infested shit show
Rhodes loved Sville and Mullen worked hard here. If we dont pull it off then Mullen, TBuck, nor Donald Trump will ever be able to overcome Hevesy

Guidry loves LSU- if we pull that off- I'll be shocked

preachermatt83
01-24-2017, 09:14 PM
I ****ing hate recruiting- but am confident in what people close to things are telling me.

We have worked our ass off for Gay- and if he goes to LSU- just no more we could have done
Everybody close to Bowie says he doesnt want to play for that NCAA infested shit show
Rhodes loved Sville and Mullen worked hard here. If we dont pull it off then Mullen, TBuck, nor Donald Trump will ever be able to overcome Hevesy

Guidry loves LSU- if we pull that off- I'll be shocked

Different Guidry RP. Stephen is going to LSU. Landon is State all the way.

msstate7
01-24-2017, 09:16 PM
I don't guess I saw him guarantee anything.

You got any Valium? ****

He said move those guys up to the "Locked down" group... seems like a guarantee to me, no?

lamont
01-24-2017, 09:16 PM
What's a blue shirt?

http://reignoftroy.com/2015/01/24/football-recruiting-blueshirt/

lamont
01-24-2017, 09:17 PM

shows you how close I follow recruiting

My posts are 100% based on info from campus

dawgday166
01-24-2017, 09:18 PM
He said move those guys up to the "Locked down" group... seems like a guarantee to me, no?

Maybe so ... I guess you can read it that way. If they don't sign LOI a week from now I'll guarantee he'll say he never guaranteed LOL.

I personally don't count them till they sign the LOI and are in the boat.

Big4Dawg
01-24-2017, 09:19 PM
Noah Elliss is visiting this week.

So is William Green

msstate7
01-24-2017, 09:19 PM
If I were Mullen, I'd be contacting jake lane (kicker from Alabama) just in case bulovas does get that Bama offer. Here's a little about lane...

https://tdalabamamag.com/2017/01/19/2017-4-star-kicker-jake-lane-wants-alabama-offer/

msstate7
01-24-2017, 09:21 PM
Noah Elliss is visiting this week.

So is William Green

Didn't know we were still in for NE... pleasant surprise. First time I've heard about William geeen.

msstate7
01-24-2017, 09:22 PM
Maybe so ... I guess you can read it that way. If they don't sign LOI a week from now I'll guarantee he'll say he never guaranteed LOL.

I personally don't count them till they sign the LOI and are in the boat.

I don't count em either and you know random is never wrong haha

Commercecomet24
01-24-2017, 09:30 PM
RP is dead on with his recruiting info(accept for getting the Guidrys confused). I think the words starting to get around we been doing work. People that should know are pretty confident we gonna finish good.

Bully13
01-24-2017, 09:45 PM

Is this the guidry from TN That utk didn't offer?

maroonmania
01-24-2017, 10:04 PM

Yep

sandwolf
01-24-2017, 10:06 PM

Yes.

DudyDawg
01-24-2017, 10:07 PM
I pay 0 attention to recruiting. If we get who we think we will/may get, where will the class likely fall in the recruiting rankings.

klong-dog
01-24-2017, 10:21 PM
If we get who we hope to get, I think we'd top out in the upper teens. We're currently sitting at 27 in 247.

DudyDawg
01-24-2017, 10:33 PM
If we get who we hope to get, I think we'd top out in the upper teens. We're currently sitting at 27 in 247.

I would not be upset with that. Where did we fall with the juco and early guys or does that count in the same class?

maroonmania
01-24-2017, 10:35 PM
Is Odom a lost cause at this point? Was kind of surprised on SR's podcast yesterday that he still felt he could flip back and it would probably go down to signing day on him. Haven't really seen on the boards where anyone thinks he is much of a possibility any more.

Bothrops
01-24-2017, 10:46 PM
Is Odom a lost cause at this point? Was kind of surprised on SR's podcast yesterday that he still felt he could flip back and it would probably go down to signing day on him. Haven't really seen on the boards where anyone thinks he is much of a possibility any more.

Odom wants to play at MSU, therefore I think he ultimately sign with the Maroons.

Bothrops
01-24-2017, 10:49 PM
If Lenoir makes it to campus and vibes well with the other players, look out..

sandwolf
01-24-2017, 10:54 PM
I pay 0 attention to recruiting. If we get who we think we will/may get, where will the class likely fall in the recruiting rankings.

Per the 247 class calculator, if we added Gay, Bowie, Rhodes, Bulovas and Houston, we would have 224.02 points which would put us at #18 as things currently stand.....and by the time Texas, Florida, maybe UNC and Nebraska finish out there classes, it would probably be good for 21 or 22.

If you add Odom and Lenoir to that group, we would jump to 235.37 points which would currently put us at #12.....but we would wind up at 17 or 18 after everybody finished out their classes.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-24-2017, 11:03 PM
Per the 247 class calculator, if we added Gay, Bowie, Rhodes, Bulovas and Houston, we would have 224.02 points which would put us at #18 as things currently stand.....and by the time Texas, Florida, maybe UNC and Nebraska finish out there classes, it would probably be good for 21 or 22.

If you add Lenoir to that group, we would jump to 234.40 points which would currently put us at #12.....but we would wind up at 17 or 18 after everybody finished out their classes.

Good gracious...I hope we have our ducks in a row.

msstate7
01-24-2017, 11:07 PM
Are any of Noah Elliss, laBryan ray, and lenoir any more than an extreme long shot?

Bothrops
01-24-2017, 11:10 PM

Denzel Houston is very underrated! I would rank him as a 4* ATH, today.

Bothrops
01-24-2017, 11:18 PM
Are any of Noah Elliss, laBryan ray, and lenoir any more than an extreme long shot?

Lenoir's final three are Oregon, MSU, and Nebraska. To me, Oregon is the biggest concern, and they're kind of a mess,..starting over with a new staff, and some other things. If we do well here, and he doesn't just hate Starkville, I like it.

Commercecomet24
01-25-2017, 12:01 AM
We are gonna finish with a upper teens-low 20s class. Making strides!

Todd4State
01-25-2017, 12:31 AM
We are gonna finish with a upper teens-low 20s class. Making strides!

Indeed. My personal standard is top 15-20. And if it's 21 I can overlook it because we got two Army AA kickers and they're going to bring our score down because they are kickers- which is ridiculous.

Commercecomet24
01-25-2017, 12:37 AM
Indeed. My personal standard is top 15-20. And if it's 21 I can overlook it because we got two Army AA kickers and they're going to bring our score down because they are kickers- which is ridiculous.

Yeah I don't understand that about kicker ratings. Shouldn't players be rated at their position regardless? I mean these 2 kids are some of the best at their position in the country and it's gonna DROP our ranking instead of increase it. Doesn't make sense. Anyway I think our staff has worked extremely hard this year and it's gonna pay off.

vv83
01-25-2017, 01:10 AM
Odom wants to play at MSU, therefore I think he ultimately sign with the Maroons.

Wait what am I missing here, why did he decommit if he wants to play here?

GTHOM
01-25-2017, 03:37 AM
Funny how a few days ago the board was flipping out about Gay to LSU now we feel good?

Bothrops
01-25-2017, 04:34 AM
Wait what am I missing here, why did he decommit if he wants to play here?

Family situation.

DudyDawg
01-25-2017, 06:59 AM

I'd be happy with us dropping wayyyy down if it's cause we signed top special team guys and the rankings just don't favor that. That's our bugaboo, fix those two spots and a top 25-30 class for the rest, I'm a happy man.

msbulldog
01-25-2017, 07:25 AM
I would not be upset with that. Where did we fall with the juco and early guys or does that count in the same class?

19th the day after the early signing, if I remember correctly.

maroonmania
01-25-2017, 09:52 AM
Family situation.

I am constantly amazed at these type situations. At any other school it would be a family situation that would make them stay close to home. Only we can have a "family situation" that would send a kid 600 miles away to play at a non-SEC school that is more focused on basketball than football.

maroonmania
01-25-2017, 09:53 AM
I'd be happy with us dropping wayyyy down if it's cause we signed top special team guys and the rankings just don't favor that. That's our bugaboo, fix those two spots and a top 25-30 class for the rest, I'm a happy man.

Well I guess now we don't have to worry about that second kicker dragging our recruiting ranking down.***

Political Hack
01-25-2017, 11:08 AM
RP is dead on with his recruiting info(accept for getting the Guidrys confused). I think the words starting to get around we been doing work. People that should know are pretty confident we gonna finish good.

Zero concerns from me. Wish we would've sign 7 5-star OTs, but other than that I'm pretty pleased.

Duckdog
01-25-2017, 11:58 AM
Dan is in Natchez today visiting Natchez High. My MIL got a picture with him.

preachermatt83
01-26-2017, 01:11 PM
Give us some help here Ari, IYOK, and anyone else with info add to the list. I know there are several missing. Thanks.

Miss State

Locked down:
Hill
Dunning
L. Guidry
Day
Richardson
Suggs ...
Who else??

Watching:
Gay
Bowie
Lenoir
Cooper
Mason
Odom
Rhoades
Houston
Ellis
Green
Clyde
Green

Bulovous and Williams removed.

Really Clark?
01-26-2017, 01:31 PM
Bulovous and Williams removed.

IYOK or Ari can give better info but the chances may be getting less likely that Houston gets an offer. Obviously the weekend and every day changes the board but it's worth watching.

Commercecomet24
01-27-2017, 09:28 AM
Zero concerns from me. Wish we would've sign 7 5-star OTs, but other than that I'm pretty pleased.

+1

bulldog2488
01-27-2017, 09:39 AM
IYOK or Ari can give better info but the chances may be getting less likely that Houston gets an offer. Obviously the weekend and every day changes the board but it's worth watching.

Why do you say that? Making room for somebody else?

maroonmania
01-27-2017, 10:00 AM

Miss State

Locked down:
Hill
Dunning
L. Guidry
Day
Richardson
Suggs ...
Who else??

Watching:
Gay
Bowie
Lenoir
Cooper
Mason
Odom
Rhoades
Houston
Ellis
Green
Clyde
Green

So on the "watching list" from reading various sources it sounds like our chances to sign from greatest to least would be something like this:

Cooper
Gay
Bowie
Rhodes
Odom
Houston
Ellis
Clyde

UPDATED.

Anyone think differently?

bulldog2488
01-27-2017, 10:05 AM
Who are the two Green's? I know you said William for one of them, but what is their position, etc.? I couldn't find anything on them on the scouting websites.

maroonmania
01-27-2017, 10:09 AM
Who are the two Green's? I know you said William for one of them, but what is their position, etc.? I couldn't find anything on them on the scouting websites.

I guess Preacher will have to clue us in. And I only said William because that was the only name I could find even remotely associated with us, I don't even know that he is one of them.

preachermatt83
01-27-2017, 11:24 AM
I guess Preacher will have to clue us in. And I only said William because that was the only name I could find even remotely associated with us, I don't even know that he is one of them.

Green was only supposed to be on there once. Sorry. Corrected it.

Really Clark?
01-27-2017, 11:29 AM
Green was only supposed to be on there once. Sorry. Corrected it.

Doesn't look like we are bringing him in for OV. The others closer can correct me. Sign and place guy.

Cary Hudson's little bro
01-27-2017, 11:42 AM
Doesn't look like we are bringing him in for OV. The others closer can correct me. Sign and place guy.

William Green was on Scout as a visitor yesterday, but has been removed.

JETDAWG
01-27-2017, 04:01 PM
Are we looking at any more options at the kicking position? I know we missed on a good one. I am sorry if this was already covered.

Bubb Rubb
01-27-2017, 04:04 PM
Rosebowl said today that we will have as many as half a dozen walk ons competing for the kicking job, and the punter we have committed is an elite kicker too. He says we won't have any problems kicking extra points next year.

So to answer your question, it doesn't look like it.

RocketDawg
01-27-2017, 04:10 PM
Rosebowl said today that we will have as many as half a dozen walk ons competing for the kicking job, and the punter we have committed is an elite kicker too. He says we won't have any problems kicking extra points next year.

So to answer your question, it doesn't look like it.

Did he mention field goals?

maroonmania
01-27-2017, 04:18 PM
Did he mention field goals?

We don't need no stinkin' field goals. We planning on scoring touchdowns man!***

Ifyouonlyknew
01-27-2017, 04:24 PM
It's been discussed before but Tucker Day is rated as a high level kicker. He's just arguably the #1 punter in the country. MSU fans are so spooked after the Devon Bell deal that they can't realize this kid is 1 of the best kickers in the country as well. He was 12/16 FG his Jr year & 11/13 his Sr year with range out to around 55. When he committed he said that Mullen told him he wanted/expected him to handle all 3 kicking duties. The only way he wouldn't is if we got Bulovas. It's like us telling Kylin we know you're the man & we want you to have the job but if we have a chance to get Najee Harris well we have to try to get him. That's not a knock on Kylin but if you can get the best you try to make it happen. Same way with Day & Bulovas.

Commercecomet24
01-27-2017, 04:51 PM
It's been discussed before but Tucker Day is rated as a high level kicker. He's just arguably the #1 punter in the country. MSU fans are so spooked after the Devon Bell deal that they can't realize this kid is 1 of the best kickers in the country as well. He was 12/16 FG his Jr year & 11/13 his Sr year with range out to around 55. When he committed he said that Mullen told him he wanted/expected him to handle all 3 kicking duties. The only way he wouldn't is if we got Bulovas. It's like us telling Kylin we know you're the man & we want you to have the job but if we have a chance to get Najee Harris well we have to try to get him. That's not a knock on Kylin but if you can get the best you try to make it happen. Same way with Day & Bulovas.

Y'all listen to this man! Day is an elite punter and excellent kicker. We could very well have the best of both worlds and we still have Brad Wall who has a heck of a leg, so it's not like the cupboard is bare here.

preachermatt83
01-28-2017, 09:11 PM

Miss State

Locked down:
Hill
Dunning
L. Guidry
Day
Richardson
Cooper
Suggs ...
Who else??

Watching:
Gay
Bowie
Mason
Odom
Rhoades
Houston
Ellis
Green
Clyde
Blosser

Added blosser, removed Lenoir. Moved Cooper to locked down.

preachermatt83
01-28-2017, 09:41 PM

Miss State

Locked down:
Hill
Dunning
L. Guidry
Day
Richardson
Cooper
Suggs ...
Who else??

Watching:
Gay
Bowie
Odom
Rhoades
Houston
Ellis
Green
Clyde
Blosser
Reed

Added reed

preachermatt83
01-28-2017, 10:06 PM

Miss State

Locked down:
Hill
Dunning
L. Guidry
Day
Richardson
Cooper
Suggs ...
Who else??

Watching:
Gay
Bowie
Odom
Rhoades
Houston
Ellis
Green
Clyde
Blosser
Reed
Carty

Added carty

preachermatt83
01-29-2017, 10:19 PM

Miss State

Locked down:
Hill
Dunning
L. Guidry
Ellis
Day
Richardson
Cooper
Suggs ...
Who else??

Watching:
Gay
Bowie
Odom
Rhoades
Houston
Green
Clyde
Blosser
Reed
Carty

Moved Ellis to locked down.

preachermatt83
01-29-2017, 10:34 PM

Miss State

Locked down:
Hill
Dunning
L. Guidry
Ellis
Day
Richardson
Cooper
Suggs ...
Who else??

Watching:
Gay
Bowie
Odom
Rhoades
Houston
Green
Clyde
Blosser
Reed
Carty
Collins

Bonners replacement said to watch for Joq Collins outta Georgia. Possible sign and place. I added him.