PDA

View Full Version : Grantham

justwin
01-23-2017, 11:19 PM
What kind of production & position will he get out of Gerri Green? 6'4" 248. Should he be like Carl Lawson and rush the edge exclusively? Is he due for a big season?

What other players can Grantham have an immediate effect on? Fletcher, maybe?

msstate7
01-23-2017, 11:53 PM
I hope grantham can turn Spencer into a really good OLB and Leo into all American type

Activated Alpha
01-24-2017, 12:01 AM
I hope Grantham can have a positive effect on Mullen...

Todd4State
01-24-2017, 12:13 AM
I hope he will have a positive effect on everyone. I'm not sure where everyone fits in at this moment, but the interesting thing to me is if the JUCO's all pan out- which remains to be seen- our defense is potentially going to be very deep especially going into 2018. I hope Grantham becomes Dan's Joe Lee Dunn. A guy that Dan can totally trust with the defense and just let him do his thing.

RougeDawg
01-24-2017, 03:33 AM
Theres one simple thing Grantham could do to make the defense and entire team better. He should tell Dan "shut the f*ck up" when he tries to force the bend but don't break defensive philosophy on him.

Cary Hudson's little bro
01-24-2017, 09:12 AM
Gerri is a bit of a liability as a ILB in the 3-4. Would have most impact at DE.

LB Depth chart IMO:

OLB - JT Gray/Jung
OLB - Dez Harris/Green
ILB - Leo/Tim W.
ILB - Errol (if he's 240lbs) - Tim W. starts if Errol is not ready...he will be at some point this fall.

Sweat is a WDE and plays every 2nd & long and 3rd down this year IMO

KB21
01-24-2017, 09:39 AM
The linebacker position will see some transition. It will be interesting to see where JT Gray ends up because he is neither an outside linebacker nor an inside linebacker in Todd Grantham's scheme. Does he get moved back to safety? Does he become a core special teams player with spot duty on the defense.

Gerri Green -- I can see him moving to one of the rush linebacker positions. There should be a better mix of talent at this position in 2017. If Gerri moves, you will have Gerri Green, Marquis Spencer, Montez Sweat, possibly Traver Jung, Anfernee Mullins if he stays. We may see Jung some at ILB as well. That kid is a great athlete and really improved as the year went along this past season.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-24-2017, 09:43 AM
OLB - Sweat/Jung
ILB - Harris/Washington/Gay
ILB - Lewis/Thompson
OLB - Green/Gray

msstate7
01-24-2017, 09:46 AM
OLB - Sweat/Jung
ILB - Lewis/Thompson
OLB - Green/Gray
Spencer at de?

Commercecomet24
01-24-2017, 09:49 AM
OLB - Sweat/Jung
ILB - Lewis/Thompson
OLB - Green/Gray

That would appear to be a pretty good LB corps with some good depth.

maroonmania
01-24-2017, 09:53 AM
Theres one simple thing Grantham could do to make the defense and entire team better. He should tell Dan "shut the f*ck up" when he tries to force the bend but don't break defensive philosophy on him.

And he probably will. That is the really good thing about the Grantham hire in that he is already an established DC (unlike really all of Mullen's other DC hires) and so he is, for the most part, going to do things his way. If Mullen doesn't like it I doubt Grantham will care much because it would take him about 2 seconds to find another job if Mullen decides he doesn't want him any more.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-24-2017, 10:02 AM
OLB - Sweat/Jung
ILB - Lewis/Thompson
OLB - Green/Gray

Nice!

Tripp McNeely
01-24-2017, 12:46 PM
Spencer at de?

...and how about Mullins too?

bulldog2488
01-24-2017, 01:03 PM
...and how about Mullins too?

I'm pretty sure he was one that transferred out. Y'all can correct me if I'm wrong.

Tripp McNeely
01-24-2017, 01:10 PM
I'm pretty sure he was one that transferred out. Y'all can correct me if I'm wrong.

I think that was still up in the air.