PDA

View Full Version : Whyyyyyyyy was Dillingham not in the game?????

lamont
01-23-2017, 09:08 PM
she is probably our best defensive player
she was 3/4 from 3
She only had 3 fouls
Dillingham didnt play at least the last 4 mins

Why is the coach's daughter playing instead and launching 3's?????

preachermatt83
01-23-2017, 09:11 PM
Johnson should have been instead of shaeffer however I think DD rolled her ankle is why she wasn't in.

SDDawg
01-23-2017, 09:17 PM
I thought I saw the same, I think Dillingham got banged up. Also, the coach's daughter is a solid defender, picks up charges and is good for some open outside 3s because she isn't usually guarded heavily. Schaefer could not beat the refs tonight, plain and simple.

coastdoglover
01-23-2017, 09:22 PM
Schaefer got run over with no call. We got little out of our big gals and Vivian's really did not play well. ashamed to let zebras decide the outcome of a game.

Thick
01-23-2017, 09:24 PM
Us ft: 3-9 USCe ft: 21-28

shoeless joe
01-23-2017, 09:24 PM
Posted in game thread...I like shaeffer's game. But dom or Johnson make one of the two threes she missed. But anyone that thinks she was in cuz she's the coach's daughter ain't got a clue.

missouridawg
01-23-2017, 09:27 PM
I think it's time for a role change for Vivians. She is an excellent defender but has become a liability offensively and we need to spread the ball around more when she is in. Enough of the running plays just for her.

Commercecomet24
01-23-2017, 09:29 PM
Schaefer got run over with no call. We got little out of our big gals and Vivian's really did not play well. ashamed to let zebras decide the outcome of a game.

Contact to the head on Schaefer should've been a flagrant with free throws AND the ball.

Homedawg
01-23-2017, 09:34 PM
Posted in game thread...I like shaeffer's game. But dom or Johnson make one of the two threes she missed. But anyone that thinks she was in cuz she's the coach's daughter ain't got a clue.

Look I think johnsons shound have been in the game over Blair. However Blair is our best shooter from deep. But your other point is well taken.

Homedawg
01-23-2017, 09:35 PM
I think it's time for a role change for Vivians. She is an excellent defender but has become a liability offensively and we need to spread the ball around more when she is in. Enough of the running plays just for her.

She's a steely hot shooter. That's it. Never has been a great shooter the stats show that. She's just not.

tcdog70
01-23-2017, 10:13 PM
Blair's threes helped put the Tenn. Vols away. And please get off VV ass, she plays Her ass off and She is our go to PLAYER. Some times when game after game You have to make plays, sometimes you don't. I'll take VV anytime. Did you notice the Ref held the ball on VV 's third Free throw and froze Her. Give Her the ball. Then we get mugged on the rebound for a tied ball. THIS GAME WAS TOTALLY ON THE REFS. they fouled Okorie out on a phantom call.

Homedawg
01-23-2017, 10:15 PM
Blair's threes helped put the Tenn. Vols away. And please get off VV ass, she plays Her ass off and She is our go to PLAYER. Some times when game after game You have to make plays, sometimes you don't. I'll take VV anytime. Did you notice the Ref held the ball on VV 's third Free throw and froze Her. Give Her the ball. Then we get mugged on the rebound for a tied ball. THIS GAME WAS TOTALLY ON THE REFS. they fouled Okorie out on a phantom call.
Meh, the refs blew some calls yeah. It happens. Butt there are ton of calls during a game. Can't blame it on the refs. We had our chances.

lamont
01-23-2017, 10:26 PM
Meh, the refs blew some calls yeah. It happens. Butt there are ton of calls during a game. Can't blame it on the refs. We had our chances.

Usually I agree- but that last 30 seconds was brutal

Homedawg
01-23-2017, 10:29 PM

Oh I agree that part is true. But my point is we could have made it meaningless had we done our part. It wasn't all the refs fault. That's all.

shoeless joe
01-23-2017, 10:36 PM

I thought same thing when the male ref held the ball. He, in particular was brutal...made the call to give SC the ball before it was overturned.

shoeless joe
01-23-2017, 10:36 PM
Oh I agree that part is true. But my point is we could have made it meaningless had we done our part. It wasn't all the refs fault. That's all.

This is correct as well.

Bdawg
01-23-2017, 10:51 PM

Honestly, the girls haven't played particularly well these last three games. Also, it wasn't all the refs fault, but they played a major role.

Joe Schmedlap
01-23-2017, 10:56 PM
It's just girls basketball...

confucius say
01-23-2017, 11:00 PM

It really was bad. And I hate blaming refs for a loss. But it is what it is. Richardson and Blair were both obviously fouled in last 10 seconds and I too yelled at the damn male ref for holding the ball for 11 seconds before vivians last free throw. Oh, and I couldn't coach basketball-would get tossed every game.

Bothrops
01-23-2017, 11:14 PM
The refs had no intention of letting us win this game.

Bdawg
01-23-2017, 11:24 PM

If you don't like it, then get you and your comments out of the thread. Whether you like it or not they are representatives of our school and put on the maroon and white just like any other athlete in the big sports at MSU. Matter of fact, they are drawing larger crowds than the men's BB team right now

GTHOM
01-24-2017, 12:52 AM
If you don't like it, then get you and your comments out of the thread. Whether you like it or not they are representatives of our school and put on the maroon and white just like any other athlete in the big sports at MSU. Matter of fact, they are drawing larger crowds than the men's BB team right now

This is true

mstatefan91
01-24-2017, 02:09 AM

Go fukk yourself, seriously.

Reunion Dog
01-24-2017, 02:50 AM
let's not forget that our coach should have taken out 15 with 30 seconds left in 1st half when there was a dead ball time out. She shouldn't have been in there for the last 30 seconds to pick up her 3rd foul.

No doubt we got screwed from the get go on calls. But we still had a chance to win the game....

If this doesn't piss them off for the SEC tourney and kick SC's asses to win the SEC tourney...... then this team isn't mentally mature or motivated. Remember the 96 final four march.... this loss or screwing by the refs even has me motivated to type this shit at 1:45 in the morning...

PLEASE bring in a special coach IMMEDIATELY to teach this team how to use the backboard. I can't take any more airballs or missed wide open lay-ups...

ON A good note.... THIS TEAM DID NOT FOLD OR QUIT! REVENGE IS A BITCH!

msbulldog
01-24-2017, 07:05 AM
Total home cooking, I don't normally get real pissed off watching a game, but I was spitting fire at my TV. Our girls got mugged.

starkvegasdawg
01-24-2017, 07:52 AM
It was her birthday and he wanted to give her the end of the game off.

Joe Schmedlap
01-24-2017, 08:13 AM
Go fukk yourself, seriously.

Are you Madonna? Ashley Judd?

Dawgface
01-24-2017, 08:14 AM
3-9 USCe ft: 21-28 says it all. Didn't the announcers say we led the league in getting to the ft line? If the game is called even, we win. Even their HC said after the game they only won because the game was at home. She probably was speaking of the crowd, but we all know the refs favor the home team. Only more so this game.

Political Hack
01-24-2017, 08:23 AM
Coach Vic is 20-1 with a close loss on the road to a top 5 team (and he didn't get any help from the refs). He's above criticism right now. I don't care if he adopted a blind dog and put them in for the final 3 minutes, the man can coach and knows what he's doing. His daughter should've got the ball back for us when she got pancaked by one of SC's bigs. Great play that was, yet again, missed by the refs.

Got the out of bounds call wrong (fixed on replay).
Missed a foul down low on a shot and called a jump ball instead.
Missed little Shaf getting trucked.

And we missed a routine fast break layup that would've put us up with about 15 seconds left. We had a million chances to win that game, on the road, against a very good team. I think we get a number 1 seed and make a Final Four push.

smootness
01-24-2017, 08:37 AM

The heck?

smootness
01-24-2017, 08:38 AM
Coach Vic is 20-1 with a close loss on the road to a top 5 team (and he didn't get any help from the refs). He's above criticism right now. I don't care if he adopted a blind dog and put them in for the final 3 minutes, the man can coach and knows what he's doing. His daughter should've got the ball back for us when she got pancaked by one of SC's bigs. Great play that was, yet again, missed by the refs.

And we missed a routine fast break layup that would've put us up with about 15 seconds left. We had a million chances to win that game, on the road, against a very good team. I think we get a number 1 seed and make a Final Four push.

We'll have to win out to get a 1 seed.

Shooter McGavin
01-24-2017, 08:44 AM
let's not forget that our coach should have taken out 15 with 30 seconds left in 1st half when there was a dead ball time out. She shouldn't have been in there for the last 30 seconds to pick up her 3rd foul.

This all day long. I love Vic but he made a couple head scratching decisions last night. You could see her 3rd foul coming when he left her in. You just can't take that risk. Secondly, I do not get his substitution patterns at all. Roshunda Johnson should have been in the last few minutes of the game. That's no knock against Blair Schaefer, but she had barely played before then. Johnson had been playing and scored 8 points.

That being said we had many opportunities to win the game despite the horrid officiating. The refs were not the sole reason we lost but they damn sure affected the outcome. I know officials are going to miss calls sometimes, but you better at least call the obvious stuff. That last 30 seconds was an absolute joke.

maroonmania
01-24-2017, 09:38 AM

I agree, even with all of the issues with officiating we had all types of chances to win the game and didn't do it. Whether it was Vivians missing an easy layup, pathetic free throw shooting, Schaefer missing a couple of wide open 3s, etc. the chances were there. We did everything to win this game except put the ball in the hole. Just like in some of our losses last year during this time of year we get into a shooting funk and can't score the basketball. And when Vivians is off like she was last night (4-16 from the field) we really have an issue scoring given the volume of shots she normally takes. And Morgan William was off as well. We are still a very good women's BB team but over the last 3 to 4 games these girls aren't playing as well or shooting as well as they were earlier in the season. Could be some fatigue setting in but we need to get our stroke back before we get into tournament play.

starkvegasdawg
01-24-2017, 09:47 AM
We'll have to win out to get a 1 seed.

Don't think we have to win out. But one seed or two seed...doesn't matter to me. Biggest thing to me is being on opposite side of the bracket as UConn.

Political Hack
01-24-2017, 10:33 AM
Don't think we have to win out. But one seed or two seed...doesn't matter to me. Biggest thing to me is being on opposite side of the bracket as UConn.

Only reason I want a 1 is to avoid UConn until at least the Final Four. I think we get a 1 with 2-losses if they're like they were last night. If we beat SC in the SECT and win the championship, we should be a 1.

Liverpooldawg
01-24-2017, 10:39 AM

And USC got 90% of them.

smootness
01-24-2017, 11:58 AM
Only reason I want a 1 is to avoid UConn until at least the Final Four. I think we get a 1 with 2-losses if they're like they were last night. If we beat SC in the SECT and win the championship, we should be a 1.

UConn and Baylor are essentially locks to be 1's at this point, and South Carolina is now just about there. So there's really just one spot left, and our primary competition would probably be Maryland. We might end up with a better resume even with another loss, but yes, we would almost certainly have to beat South Carolina either way to get there.

We just aren't going to have the kind of quality wins other teams do.

tcdog70
01-24-2017, 12:39 PM

Ray Charles could see it was the Refs that lost Us the Game. I was a Ref for 30 years. I know that Refs can swing a game, and this was a classic example. Sure We could have won despite the Refs. But you are wrong if you couldn't see that numerous bad calls at the end cost Us the Game. Plus there is now way the foul disparagement should have happened. We lead the SEC in getting to the free throw line.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
01-24-2017, 12:53 PM
UConn and Baylor are essentially locks to be 1's at this point, and South Carolina is now just about there. So there's really just one spot left, and our primary competition would probably be Maryland. We might end up with a better resume even with another loss, but yes, we would almost certainly have to beat South Carolina either way to get there.

If we win out and get a W back against them in the SECt, and they win every game but Uconn and SECt championship game: Do they get 1 seed over us with 3 losses vs. our 1? Do wins over UCLA & Louisville offset the 2 extra losses? Does our road heavy nonconf schedule make up any for lack of marquee wins? How does SEC regular season championship weigh vs. SECt championship in terms of seeding?

Also, haven't seen Baylor play but they have 5 games vs. ranked teams left (Texas, Oklahoma, KSU). What makes them a lock?

Bracketology is rarely kind to us but surely one top-5 loss doesn't take us out of the top seeds.

Political Hack
01-24-2017, 01:06 PM

Agree, but if we only drop one more and beat SC in the SECT I think we'll get the nod over them. I think you're right that's likely the only way it happens though. Have to win that one.

Shooter McGavin
01-24-2017, 01:16 PM

If our primary competition winds up being Maryland then we are getting a 1. They aren't even a 2 right now. The poll rankings have zero to do with seeding so don't let that #3 by their name fool you. If we take care of our business we will be ok.

The latest bracketology still has us as a one even after last night. I'm not convinced if we finish with 2 losses to USCe we aren't one seed material. Too many variables to predict that right now though.

mstatefan91
01-24-2017, 01:27 PM

That's actually pretty funny. +1

smootness
01-24-2017, 02:33 PM
If our primary competition winds up being Maryland then we are getting a 1. They aren't even a 2 right now. The poll rankings have zero to do with seeding so don't let that #3 by their name fool you. If we take care of our business we will be ok.

The latest bracketology still has us as a one even after last night. I'm not convinced if we finish with 2 losses to USCe we aren't one seed material. Too many variables to predict that right now though.

The latest Bracketology also just now knocked Maryland down to a 3. I think they'll win out, which will put them in the discussion for a 1 seed.

I just don't see enough good wins on our resume at the end of the year if we don't beat SC at least once.

Shooter McGavin
01-24-2017, 04:54 PM
The latest Bracketology also just now knocked Maryland down to a 3. I think they'll win out, which will put them in the discussion for a 1 seed.

I just don't see enough good wins on our resume at the end of the year if we don't beat SC at least once.

I just don't think they have enough left on the schedule to jump up to the 1 line. The NCAA said as much in their 1st round of seedings they released last night that had them at #9. They have 2 games left vs current NCAA teams, Iowa and Ohio State. They will need some significant help to reach a 1 seed.

Now Florida State, Notre Dame, Washington, and Oregon State are another story. They all have a shot. Especially if we trip up and lose any of our remaining quality games or God forbid lose to someone like Ole Miss.