PDA

View Full Version : Bulovas Decommits From GT

ShotgunDawg
01-23-2017, 12:27 PM
Sharpie for the good guys. Will prove to be a huge pull in coming years

msstate7
01-23-2017, 12:28 PM
Looks like things are trending up for us.

HoopsDawg
01-23-2017, 12:37 PM

This class is going to have some holes, but we got:

1. Our QB of the future
2. A very good RB
3. A punter and kicker for the next 4 years- both Army All Americans
4. A bunch of instant impact Jucos

If we can close with Gay, Bowie and a couple of O-linemen it will be a pretty nice class.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-23-2017, 12:39 PM
That is a good thing....

Bdawg
01-23-2017, 12:40 PM

I'm thinking next year!!

Cary Hudson's little bro
01-23-2017, 12:43 PM

1. Our QB of the future
2. A very good RB

If we can close with Gay, Bowie and a couple of O-linemen it will be a pretty nice class.

AND Todd Grantham...he will make the biggest difference

pilldawg
01-23-2017, 12:53 PM
AND Todd Grantham...he will make the biggest difference

This. Coaching is most important.

bulldog2488
01-23-2017, 01:00 PM
That is a good thing....

You beat me to this quote! But seriously this a good thing. I've really had my fingers crossed on this kicker. Looking better for the good guys.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-23-2017, 01:47 PM
3rd this..^^^ Coaching the already GREAT talent we have on defense is what want!!

I seen it dawg
01-23-2017, 01:50 PM
But can he pass pro?

Cary Hudson's little bro
01-23-2017, 02:23 PM
But can he pass pro?

Pass pro is not really a problem (http://secsports.go.com/statistics/football/team/passing/sacks) Only one team allowed less sacks than us. Giving up points with "Hollaway up the middle" put Sirmon on the field too much.

Reason2succeed
01-23-2017, 02:26 PM

1. Our QB of the future
2. A very good RB

That's a bunch of points represented there. Even the punter can be gain you yards if combined with a good defense.

msstate7
01-23-2017, 02:50 PM
There's a thread on tRant recruiting page ( http://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-recruiting/kicker-joseph-bulovas-decommits-from-georgia-tech/68318248/ ). Poster there claims bama offered and bulovas will commit to them. No idea if true

louisvilledawg
01-23-2017, 02:56 PM
He's cb'd 100% to the good guys and not showing a bama offer so whatevs

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/NopeGIF.gif

msstate7
01-23-2017, 02:57 PM
He's cb'd 100% to the good guys and not showing a bama offer so whatevs

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/NopeGIF.gif
Yeah, it's tRant, so...

JoseBrown
01-23-2017, 04:06 PM
Buck Fama!!

msstate7
01-23-2017, 04:12 PM
If bama really offered, lsu won't be far behind. Ed O can't let Saban offer someone in Louisiana he didn't

msstate7
01-23-2017, 04:18 PM
Per Andrew Bone, an offer was extended from Bama last night and Bulovas is scheduled to visit UA this weekend.
He gone

Bothrops
01-23-2017, 04:19 PM
Nick Saban, I actually hate that man.

maroonmania
01-23-2017, 04:20 PM
Per Andrew Bone, an offer was extended from Bama last night and Bulovas is scheduled to visit UA this weekend.
He gone

Yep, must be nice to swoop in 10 days before signing day and take who you need. Does Tucker Day now become our punter and FG kicker?

msstate7
01-23-2017, 04:23 PM
Here's the kid bama is choosing bulovas over...

Jake Lane

https://tdalabamamag.com/2017/01/19/2017-4-star-kicker-jake-lane-wants-alabama-offer/

We need to offer him I guess

RezDog7
01-23-2017, 04:25 PM
He gone

He plans to major in engineering, his good friend just committed and he will be THE starter next year. I like our chances.

msstate7
01-23-2017, 04:27 PM
He plans to major in engineering, his good friend just committed and he will be THE starter next year. I like our chances.

I hope you're right. Like I said earlier though,I expect lsu to offer any minute now that Saban has

CadaverDawg
01-23-2017, 04:48 PM
Would be par for the course if he signs with Bama. If "almosts" were worth a nickel, MSU would be the wealthiest school in college football

Ifyouonlyknew
01-23-2017, 04:48 PM
The Bama offer is a blue shirt offer. Also the reason Ga Tech & MSU were his top 2 schools is because he plans on majoring in engineering. He's not gone by any means.

msstate7
01-23-2017, 04:49 PM
The Bama offer is a blue shirt offer. Also the reason Ga Tech & MSU were his top 2 schools is because he plans on majoring in engineering. He's not gone by any means.

What the heck is a blue shirt?

Ifyouonlyknew
01-23-2017, 04:58 PM

Meanwhile, blueshirts represent the newest loophole for FBS programs to accumulate depth while not affecting their annual numbers. Like grayshirt recruits, blueshirts are counted toward the next season’s scholarship total.
There is one distinct difference, however. Unlike grayshirts, a blueshirt is able to enroll and participate in team events in the fall. This allows programs to get the best of both worlds: FBS schools can delay a scholarship for the following year, allowing them to over-sign beyond the 25-scholarship limit, and get the use of a prospect immediately rather than waiting until the following spring.

basedog
01-23-2017, 05:02 PM

Thanks again Dan, post more.

msstate7
01-23-2017, 05:03 PM
Meanwhile, blueshirts represent the newest loophole for FBS programs to accumulate depth while not affecting their annual numbers. Like grayshirt recruits, blueshirts are counted toward the next season’s scholarship total.
There is one distinct difference, however. Unlike grayshirts, a blueshirt is able to enroll and participate in team events in the fall. This allows programs to get the best of both worlds: FBS schools can delay a scholarship for the following year, allowing them to over-sign beyond the 25-scholarship limit, and get the use of a prospect immediately rather than waiting until the following spring.

Then I feel better. Surely bulovas won't take a maybe offer over a firm offer. Besides Saban just as likely to cut him as actually give the scholarship

Bothrops
01-23-2017, 05:03 PM

Sounds like a plan specifically designed for Alabama, by Alabama.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-23-2017, 05:04 PM

Exactly what I was thinking...might as well call it crimsonshirt

msstate7
01-23-2017, 05:04 PM

And it's a plan that could get a back up player yearly for free. Next season, rinse and repeat

Todd4State
01-23-2017, 05:05 PM

Basically an academic walk-on but the caveat is they can't be officially recruited. In other words no official visits and etc. They have to show up like any other walk-on but they actually have a chance to play. And unlike a recruited walk-on they can use an academic scholarship.

msstate7
01-23-2017, 05:08 PM
Basically an academic walk-on but the caveat is they can't be officially recruited. In other words no official visits and etc. They have to show up like any other walk-on but they actually have a chance to play. And unlike a recruited walk-on they can use an academic scholarship.

I thought bulovas was scheduled to visit bama this weekend and he's already visited state and GT

Cooterpoot
01-23-2017, 05:15 PM
I thought bulovas was scheduled to visit bama this weekend and he's already visited state and GT

He can visit on his own dime.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-23-2017, 05:16 PM

No it's basically a grey shirt who can work out with the team.

preachermatt83
01-23-2017, 05:16 PM
I would be shocked if he ended up at Bama.

Cooterpoot
01-23-2017, 05:17 PM
I would be shocked if he ended up at Bama.

He fo sho gone now.

Commercecomet24
01-23-2017, 05:18 PM
I guess it boils down to, does he want to be a starter in 2017 or does he want to wait 2-3 years to play at Bama(unless of course he gets processed,which Saban is immensely capable of doing).

Irondawg
01-23-2017, 05:20 PM
Then the NCAA should make it so a blueshift can't visit on one of the official recruiting weekends to me as this seems like a huge loophole and way to get boosters involved with paying for tuition until they can go on scholarship. Isn't that what Tyndall got busted for?

maroonmania
01-23-2017, 05:31 PM
Then I feel better. Surely bulovas won't take a maybe offer over a firm offer. Besides Saban just as likely to cut him as actually give the scholarship

Not only that but it doesn't sound like he would have much of any chance to be Bama's starting FG kicker in 2017. He would almost certainly be our starting FG kicker in 2017.

Doggie_Style
01-23-2017, 05:37 PM
I guess Adam Williams is our back-up plan?

WildDawg
01-23-2017, 06:21 PM
Anybody ever notice how Bama's field goal kicker is always bashed? It is a no-win situation over there.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-23-2017, 06:42 PM
Anybody ever notice how Bama's field goal kicker is always bashed? It is a no-win situation over there.

Didn't one get death threats or something over twitter?

Todd4State
01-23-2017, 07:19 PM
No it's basically a grey shirt who can work out with the team.

Not really. A grey shirt can take an OV and be recruited and can't work with the team or be a full time student while they are enrolled. They're more like a preferred walk-on than a grey shirt.

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1509458-one-ship-two-ship-green-shirt-blue-shirt

"A blue-shirt is a recruiting term that is beginning to take steam because more college programs are trying to use this recruiting tactic to their advantage. A blue-shirt is when a program doesn?t scholarship a player until the next season or class.
There are some strings attached to a blue-shirt.
First, a blue-shirt has to be considered a non-recruited athlete ? a prospect who can?t be recruited, make an official visit, have an in-home visit with a coach or a written scholarship offer from that school. Essentially, they are a walk-on who must pay for school. They are awarded a scholarship after their arrival which counts ahead to the next year?s class as long as that scholarship doesn?t bump the roster number above 85.
There?s also the gray-shirt. All recruits in the given class sign a Letter of Intent (LOI). A LOI is defined as binding agreement between the university and student-athlete. The earliest time a recruit can sign their LOI is on the first Wednesday of February, national signing day. What makes this particular prospect a gray-shirt recruit is that he can?t enroll in school in the summer or fall and must wait until mid-year (January)."

Ifyouonlyknew
01-23-2017, 07:31 PM
Not really. A grey shirt can take an OV and be recruited and can't work with the team or be a full time student while they are enrolled. They're more like a preferred walk-on than a grey shirt.

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1509458-one-ship-two-ship-green-shirt-blue-shirt

"A blue-shirt is a recruiting term that is beginning to take steam because more college programs are trying to use this recruiting tactic to their advantage. A blue-shirt is when a program doesn?t scholarship a player until the next season or class.
There are some strings attached to a blue-shirt.
First, a blue-shirt has to be considered a non-recruited athlete ? a prospect who can?t be recruited, make an official visit, have an in-home visit with a coach or a written scholarship offer from that school. Essentially, they are a walk-on who must pay for school. They are awarded a scholarship after their arrival which counts ahead to the next year?s class as long as that scholarship doesn?t bump the roster number above 85.
There?s also the gray-shirt. All recruits in the given class sign a Letter of Intent (LOI). A LOI is defined as binding agreement between the university and student-athlete. The earliest time a recruit can sign their LOI is on the first Wednesday of February, national signing day. What makes this particular prospect a gray-shirt recruit is that he can?t enroll in school in the summer or fall and must wait until mid-year (January)."

Gotcha thanks for the extra definition. He's not going to Bama for a blue shirt or grey shirt.

msstate7
01-23-2017, 07:34 PM
Gotcha thanks for the extra definition. He's not going to Bama for a blue shirt or grey shirt.

If that definition is correct, then a blue shirt can't be on the table if he OVs this weekend, right?

Turfdawg67
01-23-2017, 07:54 PM
He fo sho gone now.

Ha! So true! Damn, I really wanted this guy too!!

Turfdawg67
01-23-2017, 07:56 PM
If that definition is correct, then a blue shirt can't be on the table if he OVs this weekend, right?

Those little NCAA rules don't apply to Saban... C'mon MS7!!

RocketDawg
01-23-2017, 07:56 PM
Didn't one get death threats or something over twitter?

Yes. I think that was the 2015 season.

Gutter Cobreh
01-23-2017, 08:02 PM

Damn it Dan!!! No wonder we fail to close, as you don't even understand all the recruiting rules!! Can't believe Todd, of all people, has to explain this to you this far into your tenure. Next thing we'll find out is that Preacher is actually Hev. in disguise (which explains our OL troubles)!!!!***

msstate7
01-23-2017, 09:04 PM
Bud Elliott just CB'd bulovas to Bama

preachermatt83
01-23-2017, 09:14 PM
Damn it Dan!!! No wonder we fail to close, as you don't even understand all the recruiting rules!! Can't believe Todd, of all people, has to explain this to you this far into your tenure. Next thing we'll find out is that Preacher is actually Hev. in disguise (which explains our OL troubles)!!!!***

Ha!!

Ifyouonlyknew
01-23-2017, 09:48 PM
I expect him at MSU

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
01-23-2017, 09:48 PM
F Bud Elliott and his crystal ball!!

By the way....who's Bud Elliott?

Todd4State
01-23-2017, 09:49 PM

Totally agree about that. That wouldn't make any sense for him to do so with a legit SEC offer already on the table and get all of his college for free, work with a former NFL kicking coach, and probably start right away at MSU. Even if it is Alabama.

For some reason I thought that Blue Shirts were guys that were on the football team with academic aid but they couldn't be recruited because of the Johnny Vaught rules where walk-ons were on swimming scholarships and they didn't have a swimming team. That's why to my understanding if you go on an OV you can't be on the team and receive academic aid, or if you are receiving academic aid you have to count against the 85 man scholarship limit. Apparently they don't have to be on academic aid though.

msstate7
01-23-2017, 09:50 PM
F Bud Elliott and his crystal ball!!

By the way....who's Bud Elliott?

Present day Nostradamus. Really, he's like on preachermatt's level haha

Todd4State
01-23-2017, 09:52 PM

Yep. I guess the way it works is Peterson, Austin, or Gibson would have to call up the player's HS coach and tell them to tell the player to call the football office and tell them that they want to walk-on but they will get the scholarship after that.

Commercecomet24
01-23-2017, 09:53 PM
I expect him at MSU

Good enough for me. I still am hearing we gonna finish pretty strong. Not top15 or anything but better than what people are expecting.

msstate7
01-23-2017, 09:56 PM
Good enough for me. I still am hearing we gonna finish pretty strong. Not top15 or anything but better than what people are expecting.

A strong finish would include bulovas, gay, and either Rhodes or carty. A really strong finish would be those 3 and either Bowie, lenoir, or ray. A super finish would be the top 3 and 2 of the last group.

Commercecomet24
01-23-2017, 10:00 PM
A strong finish would include bulovas, gay, and either Rhodes or carty. A really strong finish would be those 3 and either Bowie, lenoir, or ray. A super finish would be the top 3 and 2 of the last group.

I honestly believe folks gonna be happy, if not there's plenty of time to
bitch after signing day lol.

I seen it dawg
01-23-2017, 10:12 PM
Pass pro is not really a problem (http://secsports.go.com/statistics/football/team/passing/sacks) Only one team allowed less sacks than us. Giving up points with "Hollaway up the middle" put Sirmon on the field too much.

You aren't reading the joke...

maroonmania
01-24-2017, 11:34 AM
Bulovas should commit to us just based on the fact that what other school has a message board with a 4 page thread on a FG kicker recruit? Should put us over the top.**

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-24-2017, 11:39 AM
Bulovas should commit to us just based on the fact that what other school has a message board with a 4 page thread on a FG kicker recruit? Should put us over the top.**

Thank goodness what's said on a message board makes a difference****