PDA

View Full Version : Nafoom cruitin update

starkvegasdawg
01-22-2017, 10:11 PM
Part of a response when a question was posed about recruiting news:

Had several key prospects in for visits and it sounds like it went as well as possible.

Translation: with this 24/7 prostate exam the NCAA is giving us, we did the best we could selling the program without handing out bags of cash and having our sorority girls on their knees getting their tonsils pressure washed.

civildawg
01-22-2017, 10:16 PM
Mild thread hi jack, but on the LSU board one of their highly rated targets took an OV to Texas and he apparently had a bunch of snap chats showing what they were doing. They were driving him around in a Lamborghini and had a huge party at a strip club for them with girls and cash for them. Must be nice to be a highly rated recruit

msstate7
01-22-2017, 10:24 PM
Mild thread hi jack, but on the LSU board one of their highly rated targets took an OV to Texas and he apparently had a bunch of snap chats showing what they were doing. They were driving him around in a Lamborghini and had a huge party at a strip club for them with girls and cash for them. Must be nice to be a highly rated recruit

Herman the new freeze?**

Bully13
01-22-2017, 10:35 PM
"Tonsils pressure washed "....lmfao. Vegas bringing it as usual.

parabrave
01-22-2017, 10:37 PM
Herman the new freeze?**

Nah just business as usual in Austin. When you have your own network you can get away with that crap.

Irondawg
01-22-2017, 10:53 PM

Seriously? Now that would have worked extremely well on me as an 18 year old but one would think that would be something the NCAA wold want to crack down on a bit.

notsofarawaydawg
01-23-2017, 12:07 AM
Lots of these in the back of cars leaving the UNM campus this weekend.

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p572/sixpaksux/EmptyGymBag_zpsb8pkcb8u.jpg

Reason2succeed
01-23-2017, 07:54 AM
Did Jameon Lewis ruin State recruiting?

Remember he was the one that leaked the Pony visit back in the day. Mullen's first year of recruiting wasn't bad and people
were generally happy about our haul on NSD. I can't remember if there were flips that year.

Could it be that Mullen was embarrassed by that episode and has decided to play it safer in recruiting than other programs? Is that what is hurting us?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-23-2017, 08:33 AM

Remember he was the one that leaked the Pony visit back in the day. Mullen's first year of recruiting wasn't bad and people
were generally happy about our haul on NSD. I can't remember if there were flips that year.

Could it be that Mullen was embarrassed by that episode and has decided to play it safer in recruiting than other programs? Is that what is hurting us?

I think it's a combination of that along with Veazey having a hard on for finding something dirty on MSU. I think Mullen's time at Florida and all the trouble that came out of there shapes how he recruits, but I still think they're lazy recruiters.

I seen it dawg
01-23-2017, 09:27 AM
We don't work hard enough

HSVDawg
01-23-2017, 09:49 AM

I think you are giving our coaches too much credit to assume that the Pony visit was coordinated in any way by them. Our coaches don't have any involvement with the recruiting extracurriculars that take place outside of the on campus festivities. That includes interaction with the host players on where to take the recruits on the night out, as well as interaction with local businesses to make sure they feel welcome. All of the above is part of the problem.

WinningIsRelentless
01-23-2017, 10:18 AM
It has to do with the president of the university. He told all the coaches that if they have what he considers a major infraction not only would the assistant but the head coach would be fired with cause.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-23-2017, 12:13 PM
Part of a response when a question was posed about recruiting news:

Had several key prospects in for visits and it sounds like it went as well as possible.

Translation: with this 24/7 prostate exam the NCAA is giving us, we did the best we could selling the program without handing out bags of cash and having our sorority girls on their knees getting their tonsils pressure washed.

I don't know about that...Maurice Harris and D Nix are the leads on Cordarrian Richardson.

msstate7
01-23-2017, 12:21 PM
I don't know about that...Maurice Harris and D Nix are the leads on Cordarrian Richardson.
Isn't he likely sign and place?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-23-2017, 12:24 PM

No clue, I was just pointing out that Harris and Nix are on him and I'm sure they are up to plenty of shenanigans. I'm really surprised Harris is as visible as he is on the recruiting trail with his name in the NOA.

HoopsDawg
01-23-2017, 12:25 PM
We don't work hard enough

1. we don't work hard enough and
2. we don't have enough talented recruiters on staff

It's just that simple.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-23-2017, 12:31 PM
1. we don't work hard enough and
2. we don't have enough talented recruiters on staff

It's just that simple.

Curious....What exactly makes up a talented recruiter?

Tripp McNeely
01-23-2017, 12:34 PM

yep. It's why Clemson dropped him in the first place:

http://clemson.247sports.com/Board/22/Contents/On-Richardsons-de-commitment--50000366

Btw, why don't any of our board's reporters look like Clemson's???? Can you work on that Paul Jones??

MaroonFlounder
01-23-2017, 12:36 PM

I am of the opinion that a talented recruiter is one that tells a prospect what they want to hear, gives him incentive$, tells him he WILL be a starter at "such n such" position.

Dan and staff do not do that....with the notable exception of maybe Malik Dear. I believe he was told he would be primarily a slot receiver...not a RB...which seemed to be what he wanted.

99% of the time, Dan tells them they have to earn their spot.

HSVDawg
01-23-2017, 12:39 PM
It has to do with the president of the university. He told all the coaches that if they have what he considers a major infraction not only would the assistant but the head coach would be fired with cause.

Yeah, that's not really a valid excuse. Howland certainly isn't having any trouble.

Sending a GA to whatever the hot nightlife spots are to throw out feelers for them doing drink specials or whatever so more folks can be there and partying isn't something that leads to massive violations. Nobody is saying we need to open a brothel.

HoopsDawg
01-23-2017, 12:39 PM

A great communicator. A relationship builder. Someone with excellent connections in the area he targets. And someone who has a passion for recruiting. Think Tim Brewster or Tony Hughes. We don't have enough of those guys on this staff and that's why we suffer.

msbulldog
01-23-2017, 01:32 PM
yep. It's why Clemson dropped him in the first place:

http://clemson.247sports.com/Board/22/Contents/On-Richardsons-de-commitment--50000366

Btw, why don't any of our board's reporters look like Clemson's???? Can you work on that Paul Jones??

And I really like her name AnnaL. Hickey.

Johnson85
01-23-2017, 01:50 PM
Yeah, that's not really a valid excuse. Howland certainly isn't having any trouble.

Sending a GA to whatever the hot nightlife spots are to throw out feelers for them doing drink specials or whatever so more folks can be there and partying isn't something that leads to massive violations. Nobody is saying we need to open a brothel.

But, to be clear for ifyouonlyknew's sake, nobody is saying we need to, but nobody is saying shouldn't, either.

jumbo
01-23-2017, 02:58 PM

Yes. OM is on him for the temporary bump. He will not be at a D1 school unless it's Memphis.

LockeDawg
01-23-2017, 02:58 PM
But, to be clear for ifyouonlyknew's sake, nobody is saying we need to, but nobody is saying shouldn't, either.

Young testosterone filled 18 yr olds at a minimum want a party atmosphere, some booze and some tail when they travel the recruiting circuit. They're getting that everywhere they go, and the MSU staff does their part just like the rest of the competition.

msstate7
01-23-2017, 03:44 PM
Is tony gray another sign and place guy? Guard with very impressive offer sheet bring CB'd to om

HSVDawg
01-23-2017, 04:10 PM

Touche

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-23-2017, 04:12 PM
Is tony gray another sign and place guy? Guard with very impressive offer sheet bring CB'd to om

Got to be with the UGA and UF offers sitting out there.

gravedigger
01-23-2017, 05:36 PM

It's not an excuse. It's the truth whether our fans want to believe it or not.

archdog
01-23-2017, 06:06 PM
We had Rachel Baribeau and Laura Rutledge on Scout at one point on genes page. I believe it was the CJ Johnson year.

HSVDawg
01-23-2017, 06:48 PM
It's not an excuse. It's the truth whether our fans want to believe it or not.

It can be true and still be a really lame excuse at the same time. No sitting university president is gonna be OK with football coaches blatantly running afoul of NCAA rules. Whether or not Keenum explicitly stated that to all our coaches really has no bearing on what our coaching staff needs to do to improve recruiting.

Its basically like saying "My mom said if I ever get a DUI she's taking the keys permanently". That still doesn't mean you can't drive 75 in a 70 mph zone.

Todd4State
01-23-2017, 07:27 PM

Exactly. I like how the people that complain about recruiting sometimes get lumped into "you want us to cheat our ass off like Ole Miss". No. I want 3-5 o-linemen with legit SEC offers that have played more than a year of high school football and aren't a sign and place grade risk that are rated three stars or higher and at least one of them be a four star recruit.

I like how Keenum is now getting blamed for Dan's lack of recruiting. He's basically saying that he doesn't want the coaches involved in high level cheating so if the boosters go rogue he's not going to fire the coaches over that.

Todd4State
01-23-2017, 07:29 PM
It can be true and still be a really lame excuse at the same time. No sitting university president is gonna be OK with football coaches blatantly running afoul of NCAA rules. Whether or not Keenum explicitly stated that to all our coaches really has no bearing on what our coaching staff needs to do to improve recruiting.

Its basically like saying "My mom said if I ever get a DUI she's taking the keys permanently". That still doesn't mean you can't drive 75 in a 70 mph zone.

It is a lame excuse.

And you're right about the highlighted part too. Keenum would be a dumbass to openly support widespread cheating like what is going on at Ole Miss. And what you highlighted is why I don't think Ole Miss will get the death penalty. I think their Chancellor will put an end to it if he can. Unless it's too far out of control that even he can't do anything about it.

Tripp McNeely
01-23-2017, 07:34 PM

Looks like he's just not that good and has some inflated measurables

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/under-armour-practice-insider-002030849.html;_ylt=AwrTHRSGoIZYrz0AK.Nx.9w4;_ylu= X3oDMTE0NnNoaW1qBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwM1BHZ0aWQDVUkyRk JUM18xBHNlYwNzcg--