PDA

View Full Version : When Bowie signs with MSU....

Leroy Jenkins
01-22-2017, 04:07 AM
There will be talk from the bears about how he got kicked of his BBall team, and how he is a bad kid with an attitude problem. You will probably hear bears say things like he is "Quay Evans 2.0" and he belongs at MSU etc.... Hell there will probably be a Jeff Simmons reference. Get ready for the backlash now, but remember, its all an attempt to soften the blow that the grove is no longer in bloom.

lamont
01-22-2017, 07:49 AM
Correct

Merry Flipmas

Bothrops
01-22-2017, 08:35 AM
I'll take most posts like this for $500.

No BS Dawg
01-22-2017, 09:37 AM
Butt hurt always has and always will run deep on the plantation.

Doggie_Style
01-22-2017, 10:16 AM
There will be talk from the bears about how he got kicked of his BBall team, and how he is a bad kid with an attitude problem. You will probably hear bears say things like he is "Quay Evans 2.0" and he belongs at MSU etc.... Hell there will probably be a Jeff Simmons reference. Get ready for the backlash now, but remember, its all an attempt to soften the blow that the grove is no longer in bloom.

The great machinations of the Bear Shark Nation have come full circle to bite them in there puckered asses, they are left only to grimace and gnash their teeth as the old plantation burns!

RocketDawg
01-22-2017, 11:39 AM

What did he do to get kicked off the basketball team?

Bully13
01-22-2017, 11:47 AM

Lots of shit being thrown out there by the plantation because they realize what's about to happen. No need to feed the cheating beast.

Dawgtini
01-22-2017, 12:02 PM
Decided to focus on football 💯

Commercecomet24
01-22-2017, 01:14 PM

Funny you brought that up but I've already been hearing this narrative from some of those idiots. I thought Bowie was a long shot but from what I've been hearing from some bears about him being a bad kid and them not wanting him makes me think we have a chance.

defiantdog
01-22-2017, 01:32 PM
Funny you brought that up but I've already been hearing this narrative from some of those idiots. I thought Bowie was a long shot but from what I've been hearing from some bears about him being a bad kid and them not wanting him makes me think we have a chance.
People talked poorly about Malik Dear as well. A lot of people on these message boards act like they weren't 18 years old at one time. They're gonna make bad decisions, it's a part of life. But you shouldn't judge them for it. Simmons made a bad decision, and some people make him out to be a marauder. But those same people ignore the fact he made a 4.0 GPA his first semester.

Commercecomet24
01-22-2017, 01:49 PM
People talked poorly about Malik Dear as well. A lot of people on these message boards act like they weren't 18 years old at one time. They're gonna make bad decisions, it's a part of life. But you shouldn't judge them for it. Simmons made a bad decision, and some people make him out to be a marauder. But those same people ignore the fact he made a 4.0 GPA his first semester.

Exactly! I'm dang glad cell phones and social media didn't exist when I was 18. The bears do their best to smear these kids when they feel jilted! I really hate those idiots up north! I just say welcome to the family DD! Hope he becomes a Dawg!

Bodaski
01-22-2017, 04:47 PM
In situations like this with DD Bowie and anyone else, I don't let myself get excited over a maybe. It's a lot easier on the nerves. I know how these things can go. Sometimes schools will get a player to give another school false hope just so they can claim a victory. I'm very skeptical in situations like this until I read what the player has said. I personally, have not seen one quote or a post concerning what DD Bowie actually said concerning being worried about OM's NCAA troubles. So I wait.

JoseBrown
01-22-2017, 04:59 PM
In situations like this with DD Bowie and anyone else, I don't let myself get excited over a maybe. It's a lot easier on the nerves. I know how these things can go. Sometimes schools will get a player to give another school false hope just so they can claim a victory. I'm very skeptical in situations like this until I read what the player has said. I personally, have not seen one quote or a post concerning what DD Bowie actually said concerning being worried about OM's NCAA troubles. So I wait.

I'm curious to see what he says today after his visit here. I haven't seen anything yet. I know KH seemed pretty excited yesterday on Twitter.

Tripp McNeely
01-22-2017, 05:03 PM

You don't usually see them give those false hopes to fellow recruits though. Usually they're pretty honest with those guys

Bdawg
01-22-2017, 05:04 PM

I'm pretty sure I read a story some where, where DD said he was very concerned about OM sanctions and it would be no problem going to another school if OMs problems were not resolved or had some clarity on what their penalties might be.

msstate7
01-22-2017, 05:07 PM
I think the tale will be told next week. If Bowie shows up in oxford, he probably sticks

Ifyouonlyknew
01-22-2017, 05:11 PM

"I want to be safe from them getting suspended from bowl games and I don't know how many years [probation] is gonna be," Bowie said during Army Bowl check-in. "I want to go to NFL and do what's best for my family so I need to find a school and go with it."

There is no timetable on answers from the NCAA for Ole Miss. There is a timetable on Bowie's college decision though. National signing day is Feb. 1. Asked what he will do if he doesn't know the fate of the Rebels before signing day?

"Find somewhere else."

msstate7
01-22-2017, 05:15 PM
You don't usually see them give those false hopes to fellow recruits though. Usually they're pretty honest with those guys

Let's hope this isn't always the case. Saw this on lsu site...

"Willie Gay was there, which was cool. I've been with him a bunch. He told me last night his top two are LSU and Michigan. I feel pretty strong about Willie. He's always joked with me that he was going to come with me and be a Tiger."

-Myles Brennan

dawggoneit
01-22-2017, 05:20 PM
Well we know he won't get a truthful answer in Oxford before signing day. I hope he doesn't buy their lies.

Bdawg
01-22-2017, 05:33 PM
"I want to be safe from them getting suspended from bowl games and I don't know how many years [probation] is gonna be," Bowie said during Army Bowl check-in. "I want to go to NFL and do what's best for my family so I need to find a school and go with it."

There is no timetable on answers from the NCAA for Ole Miss. There is a timetable on Bowie's college decision though. National signing day is Feb. 1. Asked what he will do if he doesn't know the fate of the Rebels before signing day?

"Find somewhere else."

Knew I read it somewhere. Thanks

Todd4State
01-22-2017, 06:21 PM
Well we know he won't get a truthful answer in Oxford before signing day. I hope he doesn't buy their lies.

You mean like last year when they told recruits they weren't under investigation?

BayouDawg
01-22-2017, 06:31 PM
You mean like last year when they told recruits they weren't under investigation?

I guess technically they didn't lie. They weren't "under"investigation as much as the investigation was balls deep in them.

Bullsy
01-22-2017, 07:01 PM
I guess technically they didn't lie. They weren't "under"investigation as much as the investigation was balls deep in them.

Hahahahahaha... well done

Mutt the Hoople
01-22-2017, 07:49 PM
"Quay Evans 2.0"
or Greg Hardy 2.0, or Myles Hartsfield 2.0, or Jared Foster 2.0, or Robert Nkimdieche 2.0, or Denzel Nkimdieche 2.0......

WSOPdawg
01-22-2017, 09:34 PM
"Quay Evans 2.0"
or Greg Hardy 2.0, or Myles Hartsfield 2.0, or Jared Foster 2.0, or Robert Nkimdieche 2.0, or Denzel Nkimdieche 2.0......

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mutt the Hoople again.

Leroy Jenkins
01-22-2017, 11:05 PM
"Quay Evans 2.0"

Stringfellow too... speaking of Hardy, here he is losing a fight to a fat guy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ExkACyI_XIA&app=desktop

Reason2succeed
01-23-2017, 06:16 AM
Stringfellow too... speaking of Hardy, here he is losing a fight to a fat guy...

That's awesome. I believe it's our duty to stop the practice of fighting bears.***

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQu41xQe6zLzM0DDnorUmqVJLQOXO5i8 0UIz6x2VZE3xeUMW8zz

WSOPdawg
01-23-2017, 09:54 AM

Outstanding, I love it when the little guy (with a gut) comes through! At the expense of a Goliath-type. Take that sorry excuse back to the NFL, Hardy!!!

Leroy Jenkins
01-27-2017, 09:03 PM
Outstanding, I love it when the little guy (with a gut) comes through! At the expense of a Goliath-type. Take that sorry excuse back to the NFL, Hardy!!!

After the fight Hardy beat the shit out of that dudes girlfriend.

Bodaski
01-27-2017, 09:32 PM
My dad had a saying and he stood by it, "Boy, you can screw up as long as your ass can stand it". That's all I needed to hear. I got a tractor stuck one Saturday morning in a place he told me not to try to plow. I knew I was going to get tore up. All he did wen he came to where I was, he gave me a shovel and told me to bring the tractor back to the shop when I dug it out. I got to the shop about 8:00 that night.

msbulldog
01-28-2017, 08:30 AM
My dad had a saying and he stood by it, "Boy, you can screw up as long as your ass can stand it". That's all I needed to hear. I got a tractor stuck one Saturday morning in a place he told me not to try to plow. I knew I was going to get tore up. All he did wen he came to where I was, he gave me a shovel and told me to bring the tractor back to the shop when I dug it out. I got to the shop about 8:00 that night.

Sounds exactly like my dad those 4020 wheels can dig deep.

Political Hack
01-28-2017, 09:39 AM

He was acting like an Ole Miss kid. Thankfully he's starting to act like a State guy.

RocketDawg
01-28-2017, 01:43 PM
He was acting like an Ole Miss kid. Thankfully he's starting to act like a State guy.

Thanks. That certainly explains it.

Note that I'm out of state, but my son's best friend in high school (private college prep school) coudn't really cut the mustard to even get into the Alabama state schools. So he went to Ole Miss. He screwed around so much it took him 6 years to get a degree in something (I think it was marketing). He's doing fine now, but apparently "enjoyed" college a little too much. My son went to MSU.

A kid can certainly have a good time at MSU, to the degree he/she wants to, but the type person who goes to OM is more inclined to place a higher priority on partying.

Bully13
01-28-2017, 01:47 PM
Rocket bringing it.

Westdawg
01-28-2017, 02:17 PM
Sounds exactly like my dad those 4020 wheels can dig deep.

JD 3010 wasn't much better lol

Big4Dawg
01-28-2017, 02:32 PM
Some OM fan's comments from their 247 site:

Honestly, I think DD needs to grow up. He clearly needs structure. Very immature for his age right now.

If we did not sign him I wouldn't be devastated. I'm sure they are just rumors though.