PDA

View Full Version : This is an honest question..

preachermatt83
01-21-2017, 09:07 PM
Not criticizing just wondering if maybe I'm missing something, but other than effort, what does Stapleton bring to the team?

BayouDawg
01-21-2017, 09:09 PM
I think he's done pretty well this year. He struggled tonight along with everyone else. He's been a solid defender and can play about 3 positions.

msstate7
01-21-2017, 09:10 PM
Energy and explosiveness that I love and bad perimeter shooting and dumb fouls that I don't like. I do think he's an asset though, not a liability

Political Hack
01-21-2017, 09:13 PM
He's a huge asset. He's this team's Gholar.

preachermatt83
01-21-2017, 09:17 PM
Again, I'm not criticizing.. I love his energy I just have noticed the last few games how often he takes bad shots and get dumb fouls

Doggie_Style
01-21-2017, 09:17 PM
Not criticizing just wondering if maybe I'm missing something, but other than effort, what does Stapleton bring to the team?

I get what you mean, but it's hard to access individuals when the whole team is depending on Q for the spark, we are still not getting a consistant team effort

Perpetual Underachiever
01-21-2017, 09:40 PM
He's a huge asset. He's this team's Gholar.

+1 for the Gholar reference. All around contributor who's contributions don't always show up on the stat sheet. Stapleton is absolutely an asset. Another example would be Branden Vincent who was vital to our 04' squad, but put up little statistically...if only Stapleton had his defensive abilities.

boot
01-21-2017, 09:41 PM
I feel the same about Kegler. Stapleton at least appears to be busting his ass out there.

hailstate17
01-21-2017, 10:13 PM
Stapleton basically didn't get to touch a basketball for 18 months. I imagine is shot is really rusty. He brings a lot of emotion, energy, and versatility to our team. He's a good player who will be even better next year

louisvilledawg
01-23-2017, 11:21 AM
He's a freak athlete and i think he's still on a minutes limit from his ACL tears. He gets after it. I like it.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-23-2017, 11:34 AM
Stapleton basically didn't get to touch a basketball for 18 months. I imagine is shot is really rusty. He brings a lot of emotion, energy, and versatility to our team. He's a good player who will be even better next year

I agree with this. It's hard to get back into form after that much time away. He'll continue to get better and better. I look for him to make a big jump(pun intended) next year.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-23-2017, 11:39 AM
Stapleton is still 6-8 months away from being fully healthy....It does look like he gives 100% when he is in the game tho...

Johnson85
01-23-2017, 11:44 AM

Already been covered, but freak athleticism that nobody else has and the ability to play three positions and defend three (and I think four if his knee would let him defend pgs, which I wouldn't want to test). I will say that with him probably not at 100% yet, his versatility isn't as valuable to this team as it would be to most teams. Q can play the 2/3, Kagler can play 3/4; Homan can play 4/5; so barring foul trouble, we can mix and match without him. But I think he's going to turn into a glue guy for us next year and I hope become our defender that we put on the other team's best offensive player (outside of true post players and true point guards).

KentuckyDawg13
01-23-2017, 12:38 PM
With Stapleton, you get energy and toughness. Something that tends to be missing with a mostly freshmen team. In terms of productivity, it is not where he or we wish it to be yet. His ceiling is very high and once he gets it back together, he will be one of the vital players on our team. One can sense his eagerness to produce, just as some have stated, he is rusty and coming off two ACL surgeries. Every time I see him play, I wish he would downshift a tad to get better under control. His eagerness is the highest the team and it shows. As Howland states about some other players, he needs to let the game come to him.

Once X gets back to form, he will be one of the most dynamic scorers on our team. Hopefully, that will occur in the next month...but probably we will see it next season.

preachermatt83
01-23-2017, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Good points.