PDA

View Full Version : Vs Tennessee game thread

Pages : 1 [2]

MarketingBully
01-21-2017, 08:57 PM
It's frustrating, Q can be so good one night and terrible the next, Herard played well in the first half but Peters wasn't in it and nobody else could pick up the slack.....so this effort may well give us a look at how the rest of the season will go....not good

People said the same shit after the Alabama game. We then reeled off three straight wins. This should tell them we aren't good enough to just show up and win games without effort. Howland will have them back.

Doggie_Style
01-21-2017, 09:09 PM
People said the same shit after the Alabama game. We then reeled off three straight wins. This should tell them we aren't good enough to just show up and win games without effort. Howland will have them back.
Look I want to be optimistic but who do you see stepping up and being a catalyst going forward?

BayouDawg
01-21-2017, 09:15 PM
Look I want to be optimistic but who do you see stepping up and being a catalyst going forward?

We'll be alright. Everyone from the coaches down shares the blame for that magnificent turd laid at midcourt tonight for sure. We are young and still learning. Now if next year we are still having these same problems: can't stop a dribble drive, rebounding, lack of effort- then I will begin to be concerned. Q is the leader of this team so when he comes out lathargic the team will follow suit. He's still young too though and has some growing to do.

MarketingBully
01-21-2017, 09:34 PM

It's one game. Going forward I expect our team to play much better then this. We will beat the shit out of Missouri and I think we beat Alabama and we will go from there. We are a young team still learning what it takes to win. We will be fine.

BayouDawg
01-21-2017, 09:56 PM
A quick question about our offense:
When I was at the LSU game I was sitting right behind the LSU bench. Every time we would come down the court on offense the LSU coaches would all yell motion motion.
Is that the only set we run is motion? That could explain why our floor spacing is horrible at times and why ball movement gets stagnant. In motion it's basically just pass and cut, but there is no set destination on where to cut to.
What are y'alls thoughts.

GTHOM
01-21-2017, 09:58 PM

That guy has got to be a reb (doggie style)

smootness
01-21-2017, 10:01 PM
When I was at the LSU game I was sitting right behind the LSU bench. Every time we would come down the court on offense the LSU coaches would all yell motion motion.
Is that the only set we run is motion? That could explain why our floor spacing is horrible at times and why ball movement gets stagnant. In motion it's basically just pass and cut, but there is no set destination on where to cut to.

Our offense typically has very good spacing, movement, and passing.

BayouDawg
01-21-2017, 10:05 PM
Our offense typically has very good spacing, movement, and passing.

I don't know. There are too many times we have 2 guys in the same spot and too many times where there are 2 passes or less on a possession. The previous 3 games had been a lot better but tonight and the Bama game had bad floor spacing and ball movement. Maybe johnny jones is such a terrible coach that he thinks every offensive set is motion.

msstate7
01-21-2017, 10:08 PM
Just like we got too high on the team after the last 4 games, we're (me especially) getting too low after this game. We played above our heads vs Kentucky and below our ability tonight... the real state team is somewhere in between. Hopefully we can bounce back and win 2 this week

BayouDawg
01-21-2017, 10:17 PM
Just like we got too high on the team after the last 4 games, we're (me especially) getting too low after this game. We played above our heads vs Kentucky and below our ability tonight... the real state team is somewhere in between. Hopefully we can bounce back and win 2 this week
I honestly think our guys were surprised with how much juice tenn came out with. I know I was. After watching them look pathetic against Randy and the boys I thought we would win for sure. Credit to coach Barnes for getting his guys up to play tonight. They came and punched us in the mouth and we could never respond. They played with a huge chip on their shoulder and we were just hangin out. It happens, especially with a young team.

Doggie_Style
01-21-2017, 10:39 PM
That guy has got to be a reb (doggie style)

That's freakin hilarious but whatever dude...I went to my first MSU football game in 1964... I was 4....graduated from State in '82 in engineerng, my family still lives in Starkville

BeardoMSU
01-21-2017, 10:43 PM
That's freakin hilarious but whatever dude...I went to my first MSU football game in 1964... I was 4....graduated from State in '82 in engineerng, my family still lives in Starkville

If you want to stop getting called out, maybe try to not troll.

The N.B.F. shit the other night was a red flag to me, tbh...

Doggie_Style
01-21-2017, 10:54 PM

Honestly got nothing to say to you Beardo...I said nothing that was un-true, attitudes were different then, Nathan B. forrest's painting did hang there, he was one hell on a soldier and somebody you would want on your side in a fight..I actually have no problem with his painting being removed as all of us need to find common ground

BeardoMSU
01-21-2017, 10:59 PM
attitudes were different then

No doubt.

Liverpooldawg
01-21-2017, 11:01 PM

The same guys that screwed up today.

Liverpooldawg
01-21-2017, 11:05 PM

Yep, for the record,
1973 or so for me��. Cal Poly was th opponent.

Doggie_Style
01-21-2017, 11:21 PM
No doubt.

No doubt...MAGA!

BeardoMSU
01-21-2017, 11:27 PM
No doubt...MAGA!

Yeah....because being able to honor the founder of the KKK with impunity is the key to making America great again****
(not to mention the commanding officer of The Massacre at Fort Pillow)

Yikes.....

And you wonder why people think you've got more in common with da Plantation than Starkville, lol.

Doggie_Style
01-21-2017, 11:44 PM
Yeah....because being able to honor the founder of the KKK with impunity is the key to making America great again****
(not to mention the commanding officer of The Massacre at Fort Pillow)

Yikes.....

And you wonder why people think you've got more in common with da Plantation than Starkville, lol.

Lol.....enjoy the next 8 years....MSU will benefit from the new economy!

BeardoMSU
01-21-2017, 11:51 PM
Lol.....enjoy the next 8 years....MSU will benefit from the new economy!

OK, bra...I'm quite certain Trump, the economy, and the next 8 years, have nothing to do with your love for NBF (and I'm glad they don't), but you keep living the dream.

#Hottytoddy, baby cakes.

Doggie_Style
01-22-2017, 12:39 AM
Beardo you certainly are a judgemental sort...most Mass-holes I've met are, LOL, I certainly would never attempt to superimpose todays PC values on those living over 150 years ago...perhaps we should stick to topics concerning MSU sports in 2017

Coach007
01-22-2017, 12:42 AM
Beardo you certainly are a judgemental sort...most Mass-holes I've met are, LOL, I certainly would never attempt to superimpose todays PC values on those living over 150 years ago...perhaps we should stick to topics concerning MSU sports in 2017

He's just having a bad week. Give him time.... The defunding of Planned parenthood has him a little upset.......

MarketingBully
01-22-2017, 04:18 AM
I honestly think our guys were surprised with how much juice tenn came out with. I know I was. After watching them look pathetic against Randy and the boys I thought we would win for sure. Credit to coach Barnes for getting his guys up to play tonight. They came and punched us in the mouth and we could never respond. They played with a huge chip on their shoulder and we were just hangin out. It happens, especially with a young team.

It also helped that their best player and leader is a senior. Ours is a sophomore that is still learning everything himself.

MarketingBully
01-22-2017, 04:32 AM

We didn't run our offense tonight. When we run our offense and make the extra pass from it, we are really good on offense. You can tell early on with this team if they are in it or not. Our first three threes in the game were shot by Aric Holman. We went five possessions I think without Q even attempting a shot. Q turned down 3-4 wide open three point shots for contested shots closer to the goal. Tennessee was giving him wide open three pointers but he didn't take but one (and made it). He only shot two threes all night. Peters wasn't driving to the basket like he has been and when he did he took contested layups instead of kicking it out. This game was just a perfect storm of playing like shit and Tennessee playing lights out. We get them at our place and I doubt it goes down like this game did.