PDA

View Full Version : Dang Vandy

BayouDawg
01-21-2017, 02:03 PM
Vandy just took care of business in the swamp. Does that mean Florida is a winnable game or is Vandy really good now?

msstate7
01-21-2017, 02:05 PM
Tennessee beat vandy at vandy. If we win today, it should help us.

MarketingBully
01-21-2017, 02:13 PM
A&M just beat UGA. We need to win today! I'm a big war eagle fan as well today.

BayouDawg
01-21-2017, 02:13 PM
A&M just knocked off UGA as well. It looks like the upset bug is going around today. I hope we can avoid it.

MarketingBully
01-21-2017, 02:14 PM
Vandy just took care of business in the swamp. Does that mean Florida is a winnable game or is Vandy really good now?

Every game is a winnable game left on our schedule.

msstate7
01-21-2017, 02:14 PM
A&M just knocked off UGA as well. It looks like the upset bug is going around today. I hope we can avoid it.

We're the underdog

MarketingBully
01-21-2017, 02:16 PM
We're the underdog

Yep, that bodes well for us.

BayouDawg
01-21-2017, 02:38 PM
We're the underdog

Oh yea that's right. I think we should win this one

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-21-2017, 03:16 PM

It's pretty much:

Kentucky

Florida, Vandy, Georgia, Texas A&M,
Arkansas, Mississippi State, Tennessee, South Carolina

Ole Miss, Missouri, Auburn, Alabama, LSU

MCsMGs
01-21-2017, 03:24 PM
So, what does that make the SEC combined win/loss record at home/away now? It was really lopsided a week or so ago in favor of the road teams.

ScottH
01-21-2017, 03:32 PM
I had forgotten but a player that will always have a spot in my heart, Bryce Drew, is now coach there.

BayouDawg
01-21-2017, 03:37 PM
It's pretty much:

Kentucky

Florida, Vandy, Georgia, Texas A&M,
Arkansas, Mississippi State, Tennessee, South Carolina

Ole Miss, Missouri, Auburn, Alabama, LSU

I think that pretty much sums it up. Although I might would put Tennessee down in the bottom tier. They looked really bad Tuesday night

BayouDawg
01-21-2017, 03:40 PM
Dang this Missouri team would make Rick Ray blush

msstate7
01-21-2017, 03:41 PM
I think that pretty much sums it up. Although I might would put Tennessee down in the bottom tier. They looked really bad Tuesday night

Tenn blasted vandy at vandy the game before

smootness
01-21-2017, 03:47 PM
South Carolina doesn't belong down with the rest of those teams. And Ole Miss and Alabama are a little better than the others in the bottom tier.

BayouDawg
01-21-2017, 03:49 PM
Tenn blasted vandy at vandy the game before

That's true. Was that before or after they cut that guy.

BayouDawg
01-21-2017, 03:52 PM
South Carolina doesn't belong down with the rest of those teams. And Ole Miss and Alabama are a little better than the others in the bottom tier.

I definitely agree about Bama. I don't really know about ole miss though. This may be the worst team AK has had there. I am starting to buy in on Scar though.

confucius say
01-21-2017, 03:52 PM

I agree on Mississippi and Bama. I think South Carolina is right there in the middle with us and Florida and uga and vandy and Aggie and tenn and ark.

msstate7
01-21-2017, 03:53 PM
That's true. Was that before or after they cut that guy.

Before. They had a freshman guard (bone) go off

MarketingBully
01-21-2017, 04:38 PM
Before. They had a freshman guard (bone) go off

Vanderbilt isn't that good. I'm sure Florida more then likely overlooked them. Really
Kentucky is the only SEC team that impresses me. You will see it again tonight. I predict they will beat USC by 15+.

msstate7
01-21-2017, 04:40 PM
Vanderbilt isn't that good. I'm sure Florida more then likely overlooked them. Really
Kentucky is the only SEC team that impresses me. You will see it again tonight. I predict they will beat USC by 15+.
I'm interested in how that game goes. I think South Carolina is a dang good defensive team. I think they might can aggravate the young cats some... Kentucky, but close

MarketingBully
01-21-2017, 04:42 PM
How did we lose to Alabama? They just aren't that impressive at all. That just tells you how stupid our starting five was that we started the year with. When you play three players out of position in your starting five, you will lose games you shouldn't. Glad Howland went with the five we have starting now. We are 3-1 with the proper starting five including playing a great game against Kentucky.

MarketingBully
01-21-2017, 04:44 PM
I'm interested in how that game goes. I think South Carolina is a dang good defensive team. I think they might can aggravate the young cats some... Kentucky, but close

I think it's a 15+ win for Kentucky. I just don't see the cocks playing them close at Rupp. They might have a chance when Kentucky goes there though.

msstate7
01-21-2017, 04:45 PM
How did we lose to Alabama? They just aren't that impressive at all. That just tells you how stupid our starting five was that we started the year with. When you play three players out of position in your starting five, you will lose games you shouldn't. Glad Howland went with the five we have starting now. We are 3-1 with the proper starting five including playing a great game against Kentucky.

The new lineup has been huge. Really wish we could've convinced Malik to play the 2...

Peters
Malik
Q
Holman
Herard

Kegler first off bench

Think that could've been a definite tourney team. Oh well

BayouDawg
01-21-2017, 04:46 PM

Yep that game against Bama we settled for lazy jump shots all game too. Ever since that game we have made attacking the basket a focal point. I think Howland had seen enough AAU basketball at that point and he must've had a come to Jesus meeting.

MarketingBully
01-21-2017, 04:49 PM
Yep that game against Bama we settled for lazy jump shots all game too. Ever since that game we have made attacking the basket a focal point. I think Howland had seen enough AAU basketball at that point and he must've had a come to Jesus meeting.

Helps when your front court is 6'10, 6'10, and 6'8. We should be able to outrebound Tennessee tonight. Herard should have a chance at a double double. Same with Kegler. I hope he has a great game. There are a number of areas we should be able to exploit in these next two matchups before going to Alabama.

msstate7
01-21-2017, 05:11 PM
If our young guys keep progressing, no reason we shouldn't beat OM 2 times. They are not good... defensively, they're not good at all

MarketingBully
01-21-2017, 05:17 PM
If our young guys keep progressing, no reason we shouldn't beat OM 2 times. They are not good... defensively, they're not good at all

We should be able to eat them alive with Peters when they play the 1-3-1 zone especially easy layups.

MarketingBully
01-21-2017, 05:18 PM
Isn't Taylor like an 8 year senior? Seems like he has been there forever at Alabama.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-21-2017, 07:22 PM
Whatever..Malik leaving this team was the best thing that could have happened.

msstate7
01-21-2017, 07:24 PM
Whatever..Malik leaving this team was the best thing that could have happened.

Malik as a 1... I agree. Malik as a 2... I disagree. He wouldn't play the 2 though, so I guess you're right

BayouDawg
01-21-2017, 09:02 PM
Malik as a 1... I agree. Malik as a 2... I disagree. He wouldn't play the 2 though, so I guess you're right

I'd bet money that Malik never plays at Kansas. I think he's gonna enter the draft again this year.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-21-2017, 09:02 PM

I'm talking more about his sense of entitlement and pretty much telling Howland he would stay IF________ I can't blame Howland for telling him to hit the road. When players start running the team, good things don't happen.