PDA

View Full Version : Tyre Phillips

msstate7
01-21-2017, 11:35 AM
247 rates him as the top juco guard and rated in top 26 overall. Everyone thinks champion can push for a guard spot this year and he's #40 overall. Are we selling Phillips short?

http://mississippistate.247sports.com/Bolt/5-MSU-signees-land-in-Top-26-of-Final-247Sports-juco-rankings-50696649

Reason2succeed
01-21-2017, 12:04 PM
Noooooooo, please don't post positive articles about our recruiting. It only brings out the trolls and gnomes(my new name for disgruntled State fans who operate like similarly to trolls.

But to answer the question. Talent is always speculation. There are many factors like the system Hev runs which will determine who does what. All I can say is I'm happy to have all of these new bulldogs. I look forward to seeing how they develop and produce on the field.

oldwave
01-21-2017, 12:18 PM
Noooooooo, please don't post positive articles about our recruiting. It only brings out the trolls and gnomes(my new name for disgruntled State fans who operate like similarly to trolls.

But to answer the question. Talent is always speculation. There are many factors like the system Hev runs which will determine who does what. All I can say is I'm happy to have all of these new bulldogs. I look forward to seeing how they develop and produce on the field.
And at the risk of upsetting some with more positive, I talked with his dad recently, a really nice gentleman. The kid is happy, excited to be at State and hold your hat, he likes Hev !

RougeDawg
01-21-2017, 12:38 PM
Glad to have him. Excited to possibly see him hit the field in 2018. Fingers crossed.

lamont
01-21-2017, 12:40 PM
247 rates him as the top juco guard and rated in top 26 overall. Everyone thinks champion can push for a guard spot this year and he's #40 overall. Are we selling Phillips short?

http://mississippistate.247sports.com/Bolt/5-MSU-signees-land-in-Top-26-of-Final-247Sports-juco-rankings-50696649

Phillips has talent- that cant be denied. His measureables are really good. The problem is with knowledge and experience. He was in the band as a Jr in HS- not in a football uniform. Its been the consensus he will need a RS year to be ready to play

Ive also heard to not get your hopes up on Champion and I'll leave it at that

Reason2succeed
01-21-2017, 12:49 PM
Gnomes show up on que with a reality check to dampen them mood. Thanks RP. Knew I could depend on you!***

lamont
01-21-2017, 12:54 PM
Gnomes show up on que with a reality check to dampen them mood. Thanks RP. Knew I could depend on you!***

reality is a bitch

Maroons
01-21-2017, 12:56 PM

I wouldn't call it a reality check. More so an agenda to try and make everyone believe we won't be any good next year.

ATTILLA THE DOG
01-21-2017, 12:59 PM
reality is a bitch

yep it took a year and half for rankin the #1 juco tackle to get ready,our whole season next year rides on these juco's,i hope it does not take th?m as long as it did rankin.

lamont
01-21-2017, 01:03 PM
I wouldn't call it a reality check. More so an agenda to try and make everyone believe we won't be any good next year.

Agenda is sooooooo 2016. Its not an agenda when its true. Didnt you learn your lesson this past Fall?

Tripp McNeely
01-21-2017, 01:04 PM
reality is a bitch

Speculation of how a player MIGHT perform when he gets to the next level is the opposite of reality...it's just that...speculation

Reason2succeed
01-21-2017, 01:05 PM
RP, for a person who doesn't like Hev and his recruiting style you sure do act a whole lot like him.

msstate7
01-21-2017, 01:12 PM
reality is a bitch

Well considering champion and Phillips haven't even suited up for spring yet, I'd say your "reality" is really your perception of reality, no? I'm not saying either of them will be good, but I certainly think it's way too early to state they won't be as fact.

lamont
01-21-2017, 01:18 PM
Speculation of how a player MIGHT perform when he gets to the next level is the opposite of reality...it's just that...speculation

Reality is that he wasnt ready to play juco football as a freshman in college. Not SEC- juco football. He improved alot this year as a Soph but still has a long way to go to be ready to play SEC football. That is the reality of the situation. We signed him because he is indeed talented and could be a pretty good player in 2018 and 2019. But we didnt really beat anybody out for his services. And when you get info directly from his coach- is it speculation?

If Champion surprises- good for us.

msstate7
01-21-2017, 01:25 PM
Reality is that he wasnt ready to play juco football as a freshman in college. Not SEC- juco football. He improved alot this year as a Soph but still has a long way to go to be ready to play SEC football. That is the reality of the situation. We signed him because he is indeed talented and could be a pretty good player in 2018 and 2019. But we didnt really beat anybody out for his services. And when you get info directly from his coach- is it speculation?

Stephens told you Phillips wouldn't play this year?

We didn't beat anyone out for Chris white or Ballard either

Tripp McNeely
01-21-2017, 01:34 PM

Yes...it's pure (if not the dictionary definition of...) speculation that he'll need a redshirt year until after the spring, and possibly summer

lamont
01-21-2017, 01:40 PM
Stephens told you Phillips wouldn't play this year?

We didn't beat anyone out for Chris white or Ballard either

Not Stephens- another coach on staff

msstate7
01-21-2017, 01:43 PM
Not Stephens- another coach on staff

And he and you certainly could be right, but I don't think it's a certainty at this point. Didn't bear Wilson play 1 year of HS football and then play as a true freshman?

lamont
01-21-2017, 01:50 PM
Yes...it's pure (if not the dictionary definition of...) speculation that he'll need a redshirt year until after the spring, and possibly summer

well, I'll go with this guy's "speculation" anyday. He was on their sideline for a few games

https://twitter.com/Elitedawg34/status/776652032245657600/photo/1

Tripp McNeely
01-21-2017, 02:01 PM
And he and you certainly could be right, but I don't think it's a certainty at this point. Didn't bear Wilson play 1 year of HS football and then play as a true freshman?

^^^^what this dude said

blacklistedbully
01-21-2017, 02:32 PM
Agenda is sooooooo 2016. Its not an agenda when its true. Didnt you learn your lesson this past Fall?

Well...technically an agenda can be backed by facts, speculation, or untruths. Not saying you have one or not, just that an agenda is an agenda, regardless of the truth.

lamont
01-21-2017, 02:40 PM
Well...technically an agenda can be backed by facts, speculation, or untruths. Not saying you have one or not, just that an agenda is an agenda, regardless of the truth.

No- they are alluding that I am stating things that are untrue in order to push my "agenda". I'm pointing out that what I've been stating has indeed been true- not some agenda.

The "reality" is that the "speculation" by many who would know is that Phillips most likely REdshirts and Champion is not a starting SEC OG

blacklistedbully
01-21-2017, 03:24 PM
No- they are alluding that I am stating things that are untrue in order to push my "agenda". I'm pointing out that what I've been stating has indeed been true- not some agenda.

The "reality" is that the "speculation" by many who would know is that Phillips most likely REdshirts and Champion is not a starting SEC OG

Exactly. They are claiming you have an agenda, and that you are using speculation and/or untruths to support your agenda.

All I'm saying is, you can be completely factual and truthful, yet still have an agenda. The act of having an agenda does not require one to be untruthful. It just means you have a goal...a purpose, and plan in place to accomplish that goal.

Again...I'm not commenting one-way-or-the-other as to whether you have one. Just pointing out you can have one while also being 100% truthful in your posts.

ETA - That said...most often when people accuse you of "having an agenda", they are implying you are placing your goal ahead of being open-minded...thus making you more likely to use unsubstantiated rumors in support of your agenda.

HoopsDawg
01-21-2017, 06:56 PM
Random told everyone that we wouldn't win more than 6 games this year. 90% of this board was predicting 8 wins, 9 with a bowl game.

Many people have said the Phillips will redshirt. He had no other offers. It's not an agenda. At the worst it's an opinion based on reasonable assumptions not blind faith. Why does that bother people so bad?

I hate to hear that on Champion. He didn't give up a sack in 2 years of Juco ball. He's a big dude with an attitude. I hoped he would start at guard, but RP saying that, tempers my expecatations.

tireddawg
01-21-2017, 07:14 PM
I don't know if RP is trying to push an agenda here or not, & I don't care for some of his bs sometimes, but he's right about Champion.

lamont
01-21-2017, 07:21 PM
Random told everyone that we wouldn't win more than 6 games this year. 90% of this board was predicting 8 wins, 9 with a bowl game.

Many people have said the Phillips will redshirt. He had no other offers. It's not an agenda. At the worst it's an opinion based on reasonable assumptions not blind faith. Why does that bother people so bad? .

Because if I'm right yet again- it means that Mullen is slipping and that scares people. So many are happy with our 4 cake OOC wins and 2-4 SEC wins

Dawgtini
01-21-2017, 07:30 PM
+100