Jackson -- Buckley
Hill -- Gonzalez
Dunning -- Buckley
Guidry -- sirmon
Suggs -- sallach
Reed -- Gonzalez
Richardson -- linguist
Day -- Mullen

Avg star rating for commits by each coach...

Johnson -- .8894 (2 commits)
Baker -- .8803 (5 commits)
Linguist -- .8493 (4 commits)
Hevesy -- .8442 (3 commits)
Buckley -- .8581 (3 commits)
Gonzalez -- .8725 (2 commits)
Sallach -- .8388 (1 commit)
Sirmon -- .8476 (1 commit)

Remaining targets...
lenoir-- Buckley
Odom -- Knox
Rhodes -- Hev
Cooper -- Hev
Carty -- Buckley
Bowie -- Gonzalez
Gay -- Hev
Houston -- no one listed
Freeman -- no one listed
Bulovas -- Knox
Sanogo -- listed as linguist

Looking at all this tells me a few things...

1. Baker doesn't get near the credit as a recruiter that he deserves.

2. Knox and sallach aren't pulling their weight.

3. Linguist may be a big loss as a recruiter

BayouDawg
01-20-2017, 10:05 PM
Dang bake is doin work. Hev is the lead on Gay? Maybe I'm too hard hard on Hev but it's become fun to have him as the butt of all my jokes. Low hanging fruit. We have got to find a way to start getting the majority of the dandy dozen again. I don't know what has happened. My best guess is Hughes was our in with most high schools. Also we look like we are well on our way to undersign again. Every time I hear Steve or any other media person talk about "making room" I just laugh. Hey Dan I graduated in accounting at state, I can help you track those numbers and balance this roster.

Goldendawg
01-20-2017, 10:06 PM
Just wondering, where do you get this info? 24/7 still has Sirmon as the lead recruiter on some of our prospects. Thanks for the update.

msstate7
01-20-2017, 10:08 PM
Just wondering, where do you get this info? 24/7 still has Sirmon as the lead recruiter on some of our prospects. Thanks for the update.

Homedawg
01-20-2017, 10:25 PM
Thanks for info but a some of it I know is wrong. For one, Starkville high doesn't belong to hevesy its Knox. There are others that conflict w 247 info too. Not trying to shoot the messenger just pointing it 247 is wrong.

msstate7
01-20-2017, 10:29 PM
Thanks for info but a some of it I know is wrong. For one, Starkville high doesn't belong to hevesy its Knox. There are others that conflict w 247 info too. Not trying to shoot the messenger just pointing it 247 is wrong.

Thanks. Is baker the recruiter that the info from 247 suggests?

Leroy Jenkins
01-20-2017, 10:31 PM
This is going to sound mean and argumentative, I do not intend it that way:

I hope you didn't put much time into compiling this. Its kinda worthless. I will give you 3 reasons why.

1. I doesn't take into account the position depthchart you are recruiting against many times. Or if the primary recruiter is the kids position coach (probably more important). See Dak, Hev was the recruiter, we all know Mullen's QB reputation is what signed him.

2. Comparing our coaches doesn't do much to show how they stack up vs the competition and that's what really matters. Is our best guy really that good when compared to our opponents? Is our worst guy really that bad when taken in the context of the other teams we play, maybe, maybe not. Its all relative. A stat is just a dot in space unless there are other stats to give it context and relevance.

3. Most importantly IMO... Any argument that uses recruiting rankings is of little value. Example..... As a "recruiter" if I signed a class of:
Dak, B-Mack, Banks, Slay, Day, Beckwith, J-Rob, Clausell, P. Smith etc.... Odds are, on signing day you would say I was a shitty recruiter, 3 years later you would be waiting in line to give me handjobs out back of the Seal complex.

Cooterpoot
01-20-2017, 10:32 PM
Hev isn't the primary on Gay. Grantham is now primary.

msstate7
01-20-2017, 10:34 PM
Delete

msstate7
01-20-2017, 10:53 PM
Hev isn't the primary on Gay. Grantham is now primary.

Thanks