PDA

View Full Version : info

Percho
01-19-2017, 10:26 PM
"I want to sit down with Coach Dan Mullen and Coach (John) Hevesy and see what they have to tell me about their program," Rhodes said.

Bully13
01-19-2017, 10:28 PM
Looks like our hired help is work o.t.

Cooterpoot
01-19-2017, 10:30 PM
Tell him he starts day one if that's what he wants to hear. If he wants to crack goats on the drill field, put a call into the vet school.

Big4Dawg
01-19-2017, 10:31 PM
He wants Hev to talk to him? GL to him at USC**

msstate7
01-19-2017, 10:36 PM
Hev, "listen up you (Rhodes) little SOB, you come here and I'm gonna work your butt and won't even think of letting you play till your junior year. I'm outta here, dan... see ya at the country club."***

Really hope we sell ourselves to this kid bc I want him bad

dawgday166
01-19-2017, 10:36 PM
Tell him he starts day one if that's what he wants to hear. If he wants to crack goats on the drill field, put a call into the vet school.

LMAO ... good one.

Westdawg
01-20-2017, 09:03 AM
Who is Rhodes?

travis
01-20-2017, 09:07 AM
Who is Rhodes?

A 3-star HS tackle from Ga with an NFL frame.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-20-2017, 10:29 AM
Say what you will about Hev but some recruits do seem to like him. This is from Kwatrivous Johnson, the massive 2018 OL from Greenwood who just committed. So we can squash the Hev hate.

"I just love the environment there and the facilities and the coaching staff," added Johnson. "Coach (John) Hevesy is a great coach and I love the way he treats his guys. He treats them like they are his own sons and I can't wait to play for him. He is going to be a great coach to play for and he makes sure his guys get better every day. He is a big reason why I wanted to play for Mississippi State."

Dawgbite
01-20-2017, 11:10 AM
Say what you will about Hev but some recruits do seem to like him. This is from Kwatrivous Johnson, the massive 2018 OL from Greenwood who just committed. So we can squash the Hev hate.

Don't try to interject truth and facts into our agenda. There is absolutely no place for this on team message boards!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-20-2017, 11:35 AM
LOL so 2 quotes in 8 years and now Hevesy is a good recruiter?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-20-2017, 11:39 AM
LOL Could you show me the quote, where I said he was a good recruiter? All I said was SOME RECRUITS DO SEEM TO LIKE HIM. Based on what some of you dumbasses say on this board, one would be led to think every recruit he comes in contact with hates him.

Really Clark?
01-20-2017, 12:04 PM
I've said it before, for what ever reason, with some guys Hev hits out of the park with. Those guys love him and his OL like or at least respect him. He formed a good bond with Dak and CJ recruiting them. He was primary on Aeris, Rankin, Kobe....the problem he has is he is going to strikeout a lot. And at this point his negatives are starting to hurt our overall recruiting. The OL doesn't even have to be a good recruiter just don't screw up what is brought to you. If he could just hit on 40% of his position recruits. That's fine. The man can coach OL and that is 80% of what you have to have in an OL coach.

Big4Dawg
01-20-2017, 12:32 PM
I've said it before, for what ever reason, with some guys Hev hits out of the park with. Those guys love him and his OL like or at least respect him. He formed a good bond with Dak and CJ recruiting them. He was primary on Aeris, Rankin, Kobe....the problem he has is he is going to strikeout a lot. And at this point his negatives are starting to hurt our overall recruiting. The OL doesn't even have to be a good recruiter just don't screw up what is brought to you. If he could just hit on 40% of his position recruits. That's fine. The man can coach OL and that is 80% of what you have to have in an OL coach.

We are able to recruit 4* at every position but OL. And a position where you SHOULD sign 4-5 a year. Agree, he's an above average coach but that only gets you so far in college.

Really Clark?
01-20-2017, 12:45 PM
We are able to recruit 4* at every position but OL. And a position where you SHOULD sign 4-5 a year. Agree, he's an above average coach but that only gets you so far in college.

And why I've said for over a year we have to make a change with him. Not because of his coaching but his negatives on the recruiting trail hurts. And we had to do extra the last few years to try and cover for his recruiting. Why it's also hurting our overall recruiting in ways.

msstate7
01-20-2017, 12:55 PM

Hev also got fitz. Now sure fitz wasn't being recruited by anyone of note, but apparently Hev saw something to pursue him

Big4Dawg
01-20-2017, 01:45 PM
Hev also got fitz. Now sure fitz wasn't being recruited by anyone of note, but apparently Hev saw something to pursue him

He got an offer at camp

dawgday166
01-20-2017, 01:49 PM
He got an offer at camp

That's what I thought too. I thought Mullen gave him the offer. Maybe Dan let's Hev take credit for all the recruits by himself or the off field staff *** That way it looks like Hev doin wuk. ***

msstate7
01-20-2017, 01:53 PM
He got an offer at camp

Who decides to bring in to camp or is open?

Really Clark?
01-20-2017, 02:01 PM
He got the offer at camp but Hev was his primary after that and after he committed. But he also talked with Johnson as well.

Big4Dawg
01-20-2017, 02:03 PM
He got the offer at camp but Hev was his primary after that and after he committed. But he also talked with Johnson as well.

So he recruited him from leaving us to go to MTSU? Sounds about right.

dawgday166
01-20-2017, 02:04 PM

That makes sense. TN short distance to drive. No plane to catch ****

msstate7
01-20-2017, 02:06 PM

But who gets the kids to camp? Just curious who found fitz to even get Mullen a look at him

Big4Dawg
01-20-2017, 02:14 PM
But who gets the kids to camp? Just curious who found fitz to even get Mullen a look at him

He went to OM too. Usually players without big time offers go to a lot of camps to try to get offers

msstate7
01-20-2017, 02:22 PM
He went to OM too. Usually players without big time offers go to a lot of camps to try to get offers

Ok, so they get themselves there. I had no idea how camps work

Dawg61
01-20-2017, 02:54 PM
Ok, so they get themselves there. I had no idea how camps work

That changes player to player based on many factors

BB30
01-20-2017, 03:00 PM
So he recruited him from leaving us to go to MTSU? Sounds about right.

So wait a kid left his home state to go to a more prestigious school in football? According to some that just should never happen.

Bdawg
01-20-2017, 03:19 PM
All I can say is this is a big chance for Hev and Mullen to show what they can do. We better be rolling out the carpet for any OL we want!!

Cooterpoot
01-20-2017, 03:35 PM
All I can say is this is a big chance for Hev and Mullen to show what they can do. We better be rolling out the carpet for any OL we want!!

College girls today don't have carpet

dawgday166
01-20-2017, 03:37 PM

When they did it wasn't always red either ... tho red is good.

maroonmania
01-20-2017, 03:40 PM

We have said on this board many, many times that Hev seems to do OK as a lead recruiter with guys that know he will never be their position coach.

Commercecomet24
01-20-2017, 03:46 PM
When they did it wasn't always red either ... tho red is good.

LOL Excellent!

confucius say
01-20-2017, 03:47 PM

How would you know!?

Commercecomet24
01-20-2017, 03:48 PM
This thread is becoming very interesting lol

DeputyDawg94
01-20-2017, 04:37 PM

Every jackass in the world has a few friends.