PDA

View Full Version : Peter douchebag Sirmon

Todd4State
01-19-2017, 06:01 PM
Is telling our recruits that Dan is leaving in the next couple of years. 17 that guy and I hope his ass continues to get lit up by people like Samford.

Ari Gold
01-19-2017, 06:10 PM
So Is every other Program and coach in the country going after anyone we have...
not on Sirmon.. just doing his job

maroonmania
01-19-2017, 06:14 PM
Is telling our recruits that Dan is leaving in the next couple of years. 17 that guy and I hope his ass continues to get lit up by people like Samford.

We fired his ass so what would we expect him to do? I just can't believe a MS HS recruit would want to go all the way to Louisville to play for him when they could stay in the state at MSU and play in the SEC. I can tell you what, if Sirmon doesn't perform light years better up there than he did here then he is likely one and done at Louisville as well.

msstate7
01-19-2017, 06:16 PM
What makes sirmon think Petrino will put up with sirmon past this year?

Sirmon defensive rankings...
Scoring defense -- 93rd
Rushing def -- 70th
Passing def -- 120th
Total def -- 110th

Commercecomet24
01-19-2017, 06:28 PM
Sirmon sucks, glad his sorry a** is bilking somebody else. Very unprofessional of him. As Todd said douchebag.

Dawg61
01-19-2017, 06:36 PM
Not many coaches can guarantee they aren't going to be fired or leaving in the next couple of years at the rate Saban is destroying SEC programs.

RocketDawg
01-19-2017, 06:44 PM
What makes sirmon think Petrino will put up with sirmon past this year?

Sirmon defensive rankings...
Scoring defense -- 93rd
Rushing def -- 70th
Passing def -- 120th
Total def -- 110th

He'll do a lot better in the ACC.

msstate7
01-19-2017, 06:49 PM

Maybe... fsu, Clemson, VT, Miami, unc, and GT can be difficult to defend. Have to see their ACC schedule

Goldendawg
01-19-2017, 06:50 PM
Question? Rivers and Sweat are both listed as Weakside Defensive Ends on 24/7 and so is Odom. I could see how this could be used against us by other programs in regard to quick playing time. Louisville might promise seeing the field quickly to a HS player at the same position rather than waiting behind one of our JC EE players already in school. I don't think much of Petrino and you can bet Sirmon is out to hurt MSU as much as possible. Hey, what did we expect? His family didn't even move to Starkville. Time will tell if he is a good DC at Louisville. Recruiting is a dirty business.

dawgday166
01-19-2017, 06:51 PM
Maybe... fsu, Clemson, VT, Miami, unc, and GT can be difficult to defend. Have to see their ACC schedule

Clemson & FSU in same division too. Gotta play them every year. From a defensive standpoint that may be worse than facing Bama every year.

ETA: Dabo & Jimbo can actually develop QBs along with WRs, RBs, and Olinemen too.

RocketDawg
01-19-2017, 07:02 PM

It's gotta be easier than the SEC and the SEC West in particular.

dawgday166
01-19-2017, 07:06 PM

I would say it will depend on the year. Probably 50/50 each year which one is more difficult from a defense standpoint.

Gutter Cobreh
01-19-2017, 07:10 PM
TBuck would know. He should be able to counter any nonsense for the guys he's on.

Unfortunately, we got the raw end of the Sirmon deal. He came so late last year, he had no influence on recruiting. He leaves this year before NSD, so we ended up with a great recruiter that never paid dividends.

Jack Lambert
01-19-2017, 07:11 PM
Coaches need to think of the future not the now. Hell I suspect Dan will leave one day and it will be a big time program so why would Sermon burn a bridge?

Todd4State
01-19-2017, 07:14 PM
So Is every other Program and coach in the country going after anyone we have...
not on Sirmon.. just doing his job

That's all well and good. I hope our coaches point out he has no clue WTF he is doing as a coach and that they will be playing for someone else a year from now.

Joe Schmedlap
01-19-2017, 07:19 PM
Much too rational this post is.

Question? Rivers and Sweat are both listed as Weakside Defensive Ends on 24/7 and so is Odom. I could see how this could be used against us by other programs in regard to quick playing time. Louisville might promise seeing the field quickly to a HS player at the same position rather than waiting behind one of our JC EE players already in school. I don't think much of Petrino and you can bet Sirmon is out to hurt MSU as much as possible. Hey, what did we expect? His family didn't even move to Starkville. Time will tell if he is a good DC at Louisville. Recruiting is a dirty business.

Goldendawg
01-19-2017, 07:19 PM
You can bet Louisville is selling that they developed a Heisman Trophy winner. That's offense. Don't see how they can sell Sirmon as a successful DC, unless they are bashing our D talent and it wasn't his fault. We will know soon. Recruiting: Hanging on the decisions of 17 and 18 year old athletes being wooed by grown men.

dawgday166
01-19-2017, 07:25 PM
Ahh ... everyone hates Sirmon and he's the sole reason we lost all the games last year. Just like Manny before him and Collins before him. And now he done stole one of our 'cruits from us, from our very own backyard, and he ain't playing nice. Hate to say it but Sirmon ain't nowheres near Saban, not sure how he can still do that no matter what he says. Lville is a lot farther away than TTown too.

Not saying Sirmon is good or will be good ... but Manny and Collins are pretty decent.

Reason2succeed
01-19-2017, 07:27 PM
What? He did call Mullen a Scientologist?!? Rookie!***

There is no honor among thieves and recruiting is a something in between lying, cheating, stealing, and pimping. If you don't have the heart for it don't pay attention until NSD.

Irondawg
01-19-2017, 07:32 PM
Well Dan should say the same thing about Sirmon, except Dan has been here a while and Sirmon has never been anywhere for a while. Wonder if Peter is moving his family to Louisville or staying in Nashville this time?

Regardless the odds of Peter being there more than a couple of year is at worst the same as Dan being here.

confucius say
01-19-2017, 09:15 PM
Ahh ... everyone hates Sirmon and he's the sole reason we lost all the games last year. Just like Manny before him and Collins before him. And now he done stole one of our 'cruits from us, from our very own backyard, and he ain't playing nice. Hate to say it but Sirmon ain't nowheres near Saban, not sure how he can still do that no matter what he says. Lville is a lot farther away than TTown too.

Not saying Sirmon is good or will be good ... but Manny and Collins are pretty decent.

Uh no. Have you watched us the last 7 seasons. Grouping collins and Dian's product with sirmon's is an insult to the two former. We actually won games because of Diaz and Collins's defenses.

dawgday166
01-19-2017, 09:31 PM
Uh no. Have you watched us the last 7 seasons. Grouping collins and Dian's product with sirmon's is an insult to the two former. We actually won games because of Diaz and Collins's defenses.

I forgot to add these ****. Yes I have and yes you are correct. I lot of folks have no use for the former 2 DCs tho.

Sirmon's D was no doubt crap ... but 3 of the games we lost early in the year were due to the offense more than the D. USA, LSU, and BYU. Certainly USA & BYU were 2 without a doubt. Dan and his high flyin offense should have put 40+ up on both of those teams.

HSVDawg
01-19-2017, 09:58 PM
Coaches need to think of the future not the now. Hell I suspect Dan will leave one day and it will be a big time program so why would Sermon burn a bridge?

That bridge was pretty much engulfed in a car-swallowing inferno by the time Arkansas was kneeling it out on our 5 yard line. All he is doing now with his comments is roasting marshmellows over the flames.

Todd4State
01-19-2017, 10:07 PM
That bridge was pretty much engulfed in a car-swallowing inferno by the time Arkansas was kneeling it out on our 5 yard line. All he is doing now with his comments is roasting marshmellows over the flames.

To me, Samford was equally as embarrassing even though we won. There were several times when they had four receivers to one side and we only had three defenders on the same side. If they weren't I-AA caliber talent wise that game would have been even worse.

Bothrops
01-19-2017, 10:12 PM
We played the 2016 schedule without a defensive coordinator.

We suck at recruiting.

HSVDawg
01-19-2017, 10:13 PM
To me, Samford was equally as embarrassing even though we won. There were several times when they had four receivers to one side and we only had three defenders on the same side. If they weren't I-AA caliber talent wise that game would have been even worse.

Yep. Generally speaking, giving up 600 yards to an FCS school is a sub-optimal situation.

Cooterpoot
01-19-2017, 10:19 PM
Any kid that follows Sirmon to Louisville didn't watch his shitaholic defensive coordinating.

dawgday166
01-19-2017, 10:22 PM

It was no doubt embarrassing. What's worse tho ... our D performance against UMass or our O gaining only 382 yds and scoring only 20 points against a team that didn't even have a football program till 2009? This when we have an offensive coordinator that has developed every great college QB in recent history *****

Nmdawgfan
01-19-2017, 10:30 PM
Sirmon is in a unique position. He could be 1 and done two years running at DC and end up being a position coach the rest of his career.

BrunswickDawg
01-19-2017, 10:35 PM
That was bad. This is not a defense of our performance, But you have to credit Chris Hatcher at Stamford. He is from the Mumme/Leach coaching tree and they have proven over and over again that they can create freakishly productive offenses at random, out of the way schools.

Todd4State
01-19-2017, 11:12 PM
It was no doubt embarrassing. What's worse tho ... our D performance against UMass or our O gaining only 382 yds and scoring only 20 points against a team that didn't even have a football program till 2009? This when we have an offensive coordinator that has developed every great college QB in recent history *****

What's sad is I forgot about that one. South Alabama was more about Dan's personnel management than his play calling though. At least Dan decided to go with the better QB from that point forward. When he got the right RB out there- he looked even smarter.

Todd4State
01-19-2017, 11:14 PM
That was bad. This is not a defense of our performance, But you have to credit Chris Hatcher at Stamford. He is from the Mumme/Leach coaching tree and they have proven over and over again that they can create freakishly productive offenses at random, out of the way schools.

Except Georgia Southern. I'll just say if you are the coach at Samford and MSU is going to give you an obvious advantage on one side of the field you would be a fool to not take it. They shouldn't have scored more than 21.

Edit to say I hope Hatcher turns them into the Southern Baptist Notre Dame and wins some titles there.

dawgday166
01-19-2017, 11:29 PM
What's sad is I forgot about that one. South Alabama was more about Dan's personnel management than his play calling though. At least Dan decided to go with the better QB from that point forward. When he got the right RB out there- he looked even smarter.

Not arguing at all that the D sucked. I don't know but I personally think Sirmon felt like he made a mistake by about the 4th or 5th game.

What I believe I know and why I ain't on the hate Sirmon bandwagon:

1) Dan and Manny had package deal to Miami, but Dan's part fell through (not sure on this tho).
2) Dan scrambles and hires an up and comer. Sirmon's resume looks pretty decent, but he never been a DC. He accepts job no questions asked (without researching it much) cause of #1 for 5 weeks, it's a promotion, etc. (just a guess here, have no clue).
3) For whatever reason the whole rest of the D staff leave or are let go.
4) Sirmon has had nothing to do with his player personnel nor (I believe) all of the D staff replacements. His safeties coach is iffy to me, but Baker looks real good and I'm very confident in TBuck.
5) So Sirmon has a whole new staff and a whole new group of (some are somewhat inexperienced) players, all of which he had virtually no input on.
6) He is installing a whole new scheme (and it seems like that was what Dan was looking for)
7) He loses both starting CBs before the season.
8) Richie Brown (the player leader of your D) plays 2 hand touch all year long (I honestly don't know why he wasn't sat down).
9) 1st 3 games of the year weren't horrendous, but it goes way south from there.
10) The players playing for him are on their 3rd DC in 3 years and all have new position coaches too.

I believe Sirmon was in a bad situation due to a combination of events. Not sure if he'll ever be a stellar DC, but I wouldn't be too shocked if he turned out pretty decent.

ETA: And who knows, maybe he was told or realized Dan's whole goal is to get MSU good enough so he can get an NFL offer. Not saying that's true but I don't know for sure, if that is what he is telling recruits.

3rdGen
01-19-2017, 11:40 PM
Not arguing at all that the D sucked. I don't know but I personally think Sirmon felt like he made a mistake by about the 4th or 5th game.

What I believe I know and why I ain't on the hate Sirmon bandwagon:

1) Dan and Manny had package deal to Miami, but Dan's part fell through (not sure on this tho).
2) Dan scrambles and hires an up and comer. Sirmon's resume looks pretty decent, but he never been a DC. He accepts job no questions asked (without researching it much) cause of #1 for 5 weeks, it's a promotion, etc. (just a guess here, have no clue).
3) For whatever reason the whole rest of the D staff leave or are let go.
4) Sirmon has had nothing to do with his player personnel nor (I believe) all of the D staff replacements. His safeties coach is iffy to me, but Baker looks real good and I'm very confident in TBuck.
5) So Sirmon has a whole new staff and a whole new group of (some are somewhat inexperienced) players, all of which he had virtually no input on.
6) He is installing a whole new scheme (and it seems like that was what Dan was looking for)
7) He loses both starting CBs before the season.
8) Richie Brown (the player leader of your D) plays 2 hand touch all year long (I honestly don't know why he wasn't sat down).
9) 1st 3 games of the year weren't horrendous, but it goes way south from there.
10) The players playing for him are on their 3rd DC in 3 years and all have new position coaches too.

I believe Sirmon was in a bad situation due to a combination of events. Not sure if he'll ever be a stellar DC, but I wouldn't be too shocked if he turned out pretty decent.

ETA: And who knows, maybe he was told or realized Dan's whole goal is to get MSU good enough so he can get an NFL offer. Not saying that's true but I don't know for sure, if that is what he is telling recruits.

Package deal is thAt sir mom is a giant ****** that has no balls to put a kid in check. Kids don't even understand how to tackle under that guy. Funk him and that west coast sunshine.

dawgday166
01-19-2017, 11:41 PM
Package deal is thAt sir mom is a giant ****** that has no balls to put a kid in check. Kids don't even understand how to tackle under that guy. Funk him and that west coast sunshine.

Not arguing they didn't tackle well. Everyone said same about Manny last year. This year Manny had a top 20 D.

Year before he came back to MSU he had a top 35 D at La. Tech and his OOC schedule included Auburn and Oklahoma.

dawgs
01-20-2017, 03:24 AM

That's a dumb thing to say considering how terrible sec QBs were on the whole this year. I know y'all like to blindly fluff up the sec and hate on other every other conference, but facts are facts.

BrunswickDawg
01-20-2017, 07:07 AM
Except Georgia Southern. I'll just say if you are the coach at Samford and MSU is going to give you an obvious advantage on one side of the field you would be a fool to not take it. They shouldn't have scored more than 21.

Edit to say I hope Hatcher turns them into the Southern Baptist Notre Dame and wins some titles there.
Georgia Southern was a bad marriage from the start. The wishbone is so ingrained in their DNA there was no way they would give Hatch enough time to build for the Air Raid. Their new coach may fail for the same reason.

Interestingly, Brunswick High just poached Hatch's top target when he was QB at Valdosta to be the new HC. In his opening presser, dude said since BHS are the Pirates, his plan was to build a team that would "swing their swords". Loved the Leach swagger!

Lance Harbor
01-20-2017, 08:40 AM
Clemson & FSU in same division too. Gotta play them every year. From a defensive standpoint that may be worse than facing Bama every year.

ETA: Dabo & Jimbo can actually develop QBs along with WRs, RBs, and Olinemen too.

Dabo and Jimbo don't know shit about developing QBs, WRs or RBs. They just recruit exceptional talent.

FISHDAWG
01-20-2017, 08:45 AM

Petrino is the guy that can't stay in one place for long - not Dan

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
01-20-2017, 09:04 AM
17 that useless piece of shit so called DC...

PMDawg
01-20-2017, 09:08 AM

you weren't watching this year?

dawgday166
01-20-2017, 09:22 AM
Dabo and Jimbo don't know shit about developing QBs, WRs or RBs. They just recruit exceptional talent.

If you say so dude SMH. Dak and Fitz have zero talent. I realize Dan is head and shoulders above anyone else that has ever coached a QB. Hell, he's above anyone who ever coached offense. Paul Brown, Bill Walsh ... rookies.

BB30
01-20-2017, 10:05 AM
If you say so dude SMH. Dak and Fitz have zero talent. I realize Dan is head and shoulders above anyone else that has ever coached a QB. Hell, he's above anyone who ever coached offense. Paul Brown, Bill Walsh ... rookies.

I think Dan does a terrific job with QBs. I also think part of the reason he has so much success "developing" QBs is he can recognize under the radar talent that most teams pass on because they can get guys that are supposedly ready made. If Fitz plays high school ball in Texas for 3 years in a spread system he is without a doubt a 4* QB. He had all of the measurables of a solid QB prospect. He just had a kid in front of him that was pretty good so he got a late start at the QB position in a system that doesn't highlight much more than athleticism from a QB.

dawgday166
01-20-2017, 10:14 AM
I think Dan does a terrific job with QBs. I also think part of the reason he has so much success "developing" QBs is he can recognize under the radar talent that most teams pass on because they can get guys that are supposedly ready made. If Fitz plays high school ball in Texas for 3 years in a spread system he is without a doubt a 4* QB. He had all of the measurables of a solid QB prospect. He just had a kid in front of him that was pretty good so he got a late start at the QB position in a system that doesn't highlight much more than athleticism from a QB.

Precisely. The kids that get rated higher usually are from bigger urban areas, play 6A ball and do well against those teams. Talent is talent tho ... whether it's in 6A or 2A ball. Tyler Russell was a 4* and, while I respect Tyler, he ain't in the same league as Dak and Fitz potential wise. Even the 4* guys (Hurts) need development after they get to college. We'll see how ole Nick and his staff develops Hurts. I'm betting not too well and he does have talent very close or equal to Watson, Winston, Dak, and Fitz. What's between the ears is harder to judge too.

tcdog70
01-20-2017, 10:15 AM
a huge RED FLAG to me occurred when Sirmon's family wouldn't live in Starkville. That told me He wasn't going to be around very long. Then the fact that he was lost as Alice in Wonderland let me know He wouldn't make the cut. getting rid of Him is the best news I've heard going forward.Looked and talked like Tarzan Coached Like Jane