PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Decommits - How do we stack up

TaleofTwoDogs
01-19-2017, 05:23 PM
To help avoid mass suicides among the faithful (or to push some over the edge), here are the facts from 247 on SEC decommits for 2017:

As of 1/19/2017

Alabama 8
Arkansas 2
Auburn 2
Florida 5
Georgia 7
Kentucky 6
LSU 6
Mississippi 8
MSU 10
Missouri 3
USC 5
Tennessee 12
Texas A&M 6
Vandy 1

Interpret these facts any way you want.

confucius say
01-19-2017, 05:25 PM
Commodores are loyal

thf24
01-19-2017, 05:28 PM
I'll say in our defense that I would think our number is near the top at least partly due to our strategy of trying to offer kids first/early for the loyalty factor. Gets us some we might not otherwise (Dak), for others it just means +1 on our decommit score as soon as others come calling and they remember we're not the only program on earth.

maroonmania
01-19-2017, 05:44 PM
To help avoid mass suicides among the faithful (or to push some over the edge), here are the facts from 247 on SEC decommits for 2017:

As of 1/19/2017

Alabama 8
Arkansas 2
Auburn 2
Florida 5
Georgia 7
Kentucky 6
LSU 6
Mississippi 8
MSU 10
Missouri 3
USC 5
Tennessee 12
Texas A&M 6
Vandy 1

So we lead the entire SEC in decommits? And that information is going to help avoid mass suicides? I don't think so. And actually 2016 was the worst year ever for us on decommits where I would bet we were above 12.

Todd4State
01-19-2017, 05:55 PM
So we lead the entire SEC in decommits? And that information is going to help avoid mass suicides? I don't think so. And actually 2016 was the worst year ever for us on decommits where I would bet we were above 12.

Hey! We're second to Tennessee in de-commits. De-commits are only half the story. The other half is not having a back-up plan to take their spot in a lot of cases is the other side of it.

Reason2succeed
01-19-2017, 07:30 PM

As of 1/19/2017

Alabama 8
Arkansas 2
Auburn 2
Florida 5
Georgia 7
Kentucky 6
LSU 6
Mississippi 8
MSU 10
Missouri 3
USC 5
Tennessee 12
Texas A&M 6
Vandy 1

Hint: Don't apply for that job as hostage negotiator. ***

Nmdawgfan
01-19-2017, 07:55 PM
Curious if this counts recruits that were told to look for other offers. Every program has a recruit or two that doesn't progress over their senior season.

maroonmania
01-19-2017, 08:02 PM
Hey! We're second to Tennessee in de-commits. De-commits are only half the story. The other half is not having a back-up plan to take their spot in a lot of cases is the other side of it.

Ok, we are "among the leaders" in decommits. Whatever.

lamont
01-19-2017, 08:59 PM
Curious if this counts recruits that were told to look for other offers. Every program has a recruit or two that doesn't progress over their senior season.

Yes it does. This list includes all players that were officially committed to an SEC school and then decommitted for whatever reason.

If guys are told to look around after we accept their commitment- that shows our staff is not evaluating as well as they should. We are 2nd in the SEC in decommits. Thats not a good thing. Its a yearly problem

confucius say
01-19-2017, 09:04 PM
Yes it does. This list includes all players that were officially committed to an SEC school and then decommitted for whatever reason.

If guys are told to look around after we accept their commitment- that shows our staff is not evaluating as well as they should. We are 2nd in the SEC in decommits. Thats not a good thing. Its a yearly problem

Devils advocate. Doesn't seem to hurt Bama, who tusk will tell you is all about processing both recruits and signees. Yes, I know we're not Bama.

BayouDawg
01-19-2017, 09:12 PM
this is Dan's personality. He doesn't believe that he needs great players. He believes his system is great and he can just plug guys in and win. It is what it is. We'll continue to win between 6 and 8 games going forward. It's just frustrating because we could improve so much by doing some very simple things. Send Hev packing and give a shit about recruiting. I'm starting to think Dan is just trolling us now.

Nmdawgfan
01-19-2017, 10:22 PM
Is there a list for the previous 4-5 years? I don't keep up with recruiting much so are we always in the high end or is this an unusual year for decommissioned? I do know we have lost several to om under questionable circumstances in recent years.