PDA

View Full Version : Feral Hog Poison Approved by EPA

BeastMan
01-19-2017, 04:51 PM
https://louisianabowhunter.com/new-feral-hog-bait-approved-by-epa/

Interesting. Hope there is no unintended consequences for other wildlife

CrosscityDawg
01-19-2017, 05:20 PM
Not sure, but it sounds like the bait and feeder they have been experimenting with for a couple of years in high fenced areas of Texas. The feeders are designed to recognize the sounds of hogs and open for them and electrocute anything else. The bait is highly effective but there are always unintended consequences.

BulldogBear
01-19-2017, 07:27 PM
Not sure, but it sounds like the bait and feeder they have been experimenting with for a couple of years in high fenced areas of Texas. The feeders are designed to recognize the sounds of hogs and open for them and electrocute anything else. The bait is highly effective but there are always unintended consequences.

Heh, isn't that an unintended consequence???

SapperDawg
01-19-2017, 10:49 PM
PSA: if you need to eliminate some feral hogs in MS jbjones and I will be happy to help you out, free of charge.

BrunswickDawg
01-20-2017, 09:43 PM
What will be interesting is if state and federal agencies adopt their use. Public lands here like Cumberland and Sapelo Islands are eat up with feral hogs decended from farm animals that were let loose 60-70 years ago. The have heavily controlled hunts but they can't keep up with the population growth.

Dolphus Raymond
01-23-2017, 08:13 PM
Finally, a light at the end of the tunnel regarding these destructive animals. We can't shoot our way out of the pig problem and believe me when I say, I have tried. I despise these animals with a passion.

DownwardDawg
01-29-2017, 05:34 PM
MSU is very close to having a poison that only kills pigs.