PDA

View Full Version : Predict how the QB situation plays out next week

hacker
09-07-2013, 05:46 PM
After that game and how opened up the offense looked to be, regardless of opponent's skill, I believe we have ourselves a QB controversy. Now, given our situation and Mullen's personality and coaching style, how do you see this playing out? Will Tyler have Moultrie-knee?

I got:

Tyler's cleared to play so Mullen starts him. Tyler can't get much going and Mullen brings out Dak to help spark the offense. Playcalling goes back to being bad with Dak and we have an impotent offense.

DapperDawg
09-07-2013, 05:48 PM
Tyler starts and plays like shit until he's knocked out in the 4th. He's taken a beating from holding onto the ball too long. We lose.

Coach34
09-07-2013, 05:49 PM
I have- Tyler is out and Dakota gets his chance to take the reigns

MetEdDawg
09-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Tyler will start if cleared and won't do anything. Dan will toy with Dak a few times and put him in obvious running situations and get stopped. Tyler will eventually do enough to make Mullen switch to Dak for the rest of the game. The playcalling will then change and our offense will move and we come back and win the game. This leads to the 'will Mullen bench Tyler permanently" chatter.

msstate7
09-07-2013, 05:51 PM
I think either one plays well next week. I think we roll with either bc of our defense

CadaverDawg
09-07-2013, 05:51 PM
I say Mullen and Company say Tyler is still "out due to injury", even if he's cleared, and they start Dak.

Political Hack
09-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Dak plays because Tyler will still be out.

I don't look for him back before Troy. I think it's a bad idea given the concussion risk. I think they should have to clear the test before practicing and then practice for at least a full week before playing. A "W" is not worth turning a kid into Muhammed Ali.

CadaverDawg
09-07-2013, 05:59 PM
Dak plays because Tyler will still be out.

I don't look for him back before Troy. I think it's a bad idea given the concussion risk. I think they should have to clear the test before practicing and then practice for at least a full week before playing. A "W" is not worth turning a kid into Muhammed Ali.

Shaky comparison*

Tasteless? Sorry.

hacker
09-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Strong predictions. A lot of people come back from concussions in a week or two. Was Tyler's particularly bad?

TXDawg
09-07-2013, 06:34 PM
I say Mullen and Company say Tyler is still "out due to injury", even if he's cleared, and they start Dak.

This.

To add, though, we win the game. The REAL QB controversy starts the following week.

Original48
09-07-2013, 06:53 PM
This.

To add, though, we win the game. The REAL QB controversy starts the following week.
If we beat Auburn there will BE no controversy. Well..except between Mullen (Tyler) and Koenning (Dak).

DownwardDawg
09-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Shaky comparison*

Tasteless? Sorry.

Loved it.

DogBanker
09-07-2013, 07:44 PM
I do know that from my buddies who were on the plane back with the team, they told me Russell had no idea where he was or what happened.

curmudgeon
09-07-2013, 07:46 PM
With the bye week after Troy, I could see Russell sitting until the LSU game.

Will James
09-07-2013, 07:52 PM
I do know that from my buddies who were on the plane back with the team, they told me Russell had no idea where he was or what happened.

Heard this as well, LDP will be good to go vs Auburn but TR making it back is a stretch at this point.

Bothrops
09-07-2013, 07:54 PM
There's no way Tyler makes it very far if he starts next week. I'm watching Auburn game and Tyler won't have the time to do his thing. Also, Auburn is finesse team that could run all over us if we don't play lights out on defense.

Ghost of Hank Flick
09-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Dak starts, Russell is dressed and prepared to play in case Dak goes down.

Maroonthirteen
09-07-2013, 08:08 PM
Don't y'all think Williams playing is an indication that the staff has no idea or little hope Russell can play next weekend or soon after?

I don't know. Maybe we intended to play Williams today all along.