PDA

View Full Version : Bearsharts wasting your tax dollars yet again... what a bunch of clowns.

RougeDawg
01-18-2017, 03:36 PM
Now trying to pass a law to stop the NCAA. I'm sure the NCAA will lessen their penalties now!!!!!

http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/2017/pdf/history/HB/HB1040.xml

Bubb Rubb
01-18-2017, 03:39 PM
This is funny on about 25 different levels.

dawggoneit
01-18-2017, 03:50 PM
If I were OM I would drop out of the NCAA and the SEC just to teach all of us involved in the witch hunt a lesson.

starkvegasdawg
01-18-2017, 03:52 PM
Guess they missed the part where they agreed to abide by all rules of the NCAA when they joined. They may have just pissed off the NCAA into a death penalty.

WSOPdawg
01-18-2017, 03:54 PM
Damn, that is some major level of stupidy!

bgover4
01-18-2017, 04:07 PM
If you actually read section 7, it appears they are trying to make money by breaking the rules. Absurd.

http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/documents/2017/html/HB/1000-1099/HB1040IN.htm

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-18-2017, 04:12 PM
If you actually read section 7, it appears they are trying to make money by breaking the rules. Absurd.

http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/documents/2017/html/HB/1000-1099/HB1040IN.htm

LOL damn...

If the National Collegiate Athletic Association fails to complete its investigation and render its final decision on the alleged violations of the rules and regulations enacted through NCAA legislation within the time period allotted under this act from the time of its notice to the member institution in the form of a letter of official inquiry, investigation, hearing, ruling and any appellate process, the NCAA shall be fined Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00) for each day the process exceeds the applicable time period, which such fine shall be payable to the member institution subject to the investigation and actionable through the Circuit Courts of the State of Mississippi.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-18-2017, 04:15 PM
Surprise, surprise the Representative that authored the bill is an OM grad, an attorney, and is a member of the OM M-club.

HaggardDawg
01-18-2017, 04:19 PM
Trey Lamar is a good guy but damn he's lost his mind.

memphis_DAWG
01-18-2017, 04:19 PM
Surprise, surprise the Representative that authored the bill is an OM grad, an attorney, and is a member of the OM M-club.

http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/lamar_trey00.html
Is this him? If so, he "played" football too

TrapGame
01-18-2017, 04:24 PM
Now trying to pass a law to stop the NCAA. I'm sure the NCAA will lessen their penalties now!!!!!

http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/2017/pdf/history/HB/HB1040.xml

They are scared shitless. They are about to get their asses handed to them on a silver platter. And there ain't a damn thing they can do about it.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-18-2017, 04:34 PM

Yep...even attended Dear Old State for a year.

State82
01-18-2017, 05:00 PM
That's absolutely the dumbest crap I've seen come out of the state Capitol. And that's saying something. Now they are just embarrassing the entire state.

SaintDawg
01-18-2017, 05:02 PM
I'm not a smart man, but I'm pretty sure that trying to change state law to "corral" an NCAA investigation would almost assuredly be grounds to remove you from the NCAA and probably the conference. All the Div. I schools in the state would have to have a say-so in the legislation. You can't just create a law to keep you out of the woodshed the moment before the hammer falls. Surely, they are not this dumb. It would be a disgrace to the state of Mississippi and the entire SEC. Trey Lamar should be ashamed of himself.

Bama_Dawg
01-18-2017, 05:04 PM
That's absolutely the dumbest crap I've seen come out of the state Capitol. And that's saying something. Now they are just embarrassing the entire state.

http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/members/house/lamar.xml

Yep, he may be in "The Network" trying to save his own behind.

01-18-2017, 05:05 PM

Yep. Senatobia boy along with Christian Byrd and Brooks Oakley.

SaintDawg
01-18-2017, 05:14 PM
There isn't anything in the bill that says it would be retroactive so that it would encompass the current investigation. In the unlikely event that this were to be signed into law, OM would still be hammered from what I can tell. It's a preventative measure from it happening again. That could be construed as "You caught us this time, but you won't next time"

WinningIsRelentless
01-18-2017, 05:15 PM
Since when did the ncaa fall under ms law? Good way to get every school included us kicked out of the ncaa.

FISHDAWG
01-18-2017, 05:16 PM
we all knew this was going to be fun but I'm not sure anyone figured on this ... Maybe OM should relocate to California

Percho
01-18-2017, 05:30 PM
Mom..... https://courts.ms.gov/appellate_courts/sc/bios/justicelamar.html

MedDawg
01-18-2017, 05:47 PM
There isn't anything in the bill that says it would be retroactive so that it would encompass the current investigation. In the unlikely event that this were to be signed into law, OM would still be hammered from what I can tell. It's a preventative measure from it happening again.

I was thinking along the same lines.

It would be funny if the law passed and only served to help MSU with a future NCAA investigation.

Dawgology
01-18-2017, 06:19 PM
I keep telling ya'll....Ole Miss is going to be removed or will remove themselves from the SEC before this is all said and done. Only...a matter...of time...

West Tn Dawg
01-18-2017, 06:21 PM
I keep telling ya'll....Ole Miss is going to be removed or will remove themselves from the SEC before this is all said and done. Only...a matter...of time...

Never happen!

JoseBrown
01-18-2017, 06:39 PM
Since when did the ncaa fall under ms law? Good way to get every school included us kicked out of the ncaa.

Exactly what I was thinking. Don't see anything coming from it...

Bothrops
01-18-2017, 07:02 PM
They will actually tell you they're above the law.

Bully13
01-18-2017, 07:15 PM
Great thinking!...maybe this can set precedent so all states can write their own laws so the NCAA will have to treat all schools differently based on what the state law says.

BRILLIANT!!!

blacklistedbully
01-18-2017, 07:32 PM
Never happen!

I used to think this, but now am not sure. They are an embarrassment to the SEC and seem hell-bent to make it even worse. They are provoking the NCAA and a huge chunk of their fanbase wants them to bring down other SEC programs as well.

They are bringing nothing positive to the SEC, but are damn sure ramping up on the negative. I could see the SEC taking a hard look at removing them for cause.

Bully13
01-18-2017, 07:37 PM
I used to think this, but now am not sure. They are an embarrassment to the SEC and seem hell-bent to make it even worse. They are provoking the NCAA and a huge chunk of their fanbase wants them to bring down other SEC programs as well.

They are bringing nothing positive to the SEC, but are damn sure ramping up on the negative. I could see the SEC taking a hard look at removing them for cause.

Since it's the confeds, wouldn't that be the "Lost Cause"?

Dawgology
01-18-2017, 07:50 PM
Glad you all are finally starting to see the light here. The SEC is going to look at putting them on probationary membership OR removing them altogether....if they don't do so on their own accord. Just one man's humble opinion...

WSOPdawg
01-18-2017, 07:56 PM

Not until we see the latest/ammended/2nd NOA will the rest of the nation (including the TCUN faithful themselves) realize the true magnitude of their network-driven transgressions that will make SMU's outlaw past look like choir boys.

The TCUN leadership has already made a mockery of the ncaa investigative process via their continued cheating well into the current recruiting cycle. If their legal beagles continue to stir the pot AGAINST the ncaa and question the ncaa's policing tactics of rules that every institution has agreed to upon membership inclusion, then I'd have to say yeah -- Their SEC conference membership may very well be called into question.

TUSK
01-18-2017, 09:03 PM
1) The lawsuit is posturing, nothing more...
2) OM is not going to drop out of the SEC; The (SEC Welfare) money is "too much"...
3) The SEC Schools will not unanimously vote to boot OM from the conference...

Perhaps they are trying to get the DP, in hopes it's better than a 4/30 scenario????

Perpetual Underachiever
01-18-2017, 09:09 PM
Someone please file a FOIA request for this clowns emails. I would love to see some of his conversations with the black bear elite, and hear his justification for this being the best use of his time and tax payer dollars.

Bucky Dog
01-18-2017, 09:35 PM
Someone please file a FOIA request for this clowns emails. I would love to see some of his conversations with the black bear elite, and hear his justification for this being the best use of his time and tax payer dollars.

Put Huge Killaburger and the C-L on it. I'm sure they will cover this and get everything out!****

SaintDawg
01-18-2017, 10:12 PM

That would take a unanimous vote from every SEC school. That's 11 States that are involved. Eleven.

blacklistedbully
01-18-2017, 10:19 PM
That would take a unanimous vote from every SEC school. That's 11 States that are involved. Eleven.

If those clown in Oxford continue to bring down NCAA heat, and do as a large % of their fanbase wants, and moves to take down other SEC schools, it is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Dawg61
01-18-2017, 10:23 PM
Maybe OM should relocate to California

They couldn't last 6 months

Homedawg
01-18-2017, 10:38 PM

All thoughts like this are dilusional! Not happening.

Homedawg
01-18-2017, 10:39 PM
2) OM is not going to drop out of the SEC; The (SEC Welfare) money is "too much"...
3) The SEC Schools will not unanimously vote to boot OM from the conference...

Perhaps they are trying to get the DP, in hopes it's better than a 4/30 scenario????

You don't have blinders on, thank you. Ole miss is going to be a memeber of the sec. Any other talk is just crazy.

Reason2succeed
01-18-2017, 10:52 PM
Put Huge Killaburger and the C-L on it. I'm sure they will cover this and get everything out!****

This ought to warrant being reported on by the state's leading newspaper. But who are we kidding. The CL might as well be the OM campus newspaper.

I can't wait to the see the 30 for 30 on this. It's going to be absolutely hilarious when the rest of the nation realizes how pompous and delusional they are.

SaintDawg
01-18-2017, 10:54 PM
Forgive me, Tusk... This isn't a lawsuit. This is legislation. A bill... To be voted on.

Reason2succeed
01-18-2017, 10:57 PM
Hold on. Wait. They just asked for a nine month investigation window right? What if the NCAA grants their request and just divides their four years into 5 nine month investigations. (They definitely want to abide by MS law.****) Then they could charge OM with repeat offender status and go ahead and give them the DP. Hahahaha!

TUSK
01-18-2017, 11:53 PM
Forgive me, Tusk... This isn't a lawsuit. This is legislation. A bill... To be voted on.

You're correct, and I miss"posted"... regardless... it won't pass... if it does, the "Death Penalty" will be a dream sentence for UM...

SaintDawg
01-19-2017, 04:46 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/1/19/14323246/ole-miss-ncaa-investigation-trey-lamar

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-19-2017, 05:10 PM
He's about to be on Head2Head....tells you all you need to know about who runs that show.

Bully13
01-19-2017, 05:14 PM
Worth the read.

HaggardDawg
01-19-2017, 05:31 PM
Head2Head interview
Trey, how'd this issue get your attention to the point you want to present a bill?...
"Well I was talking with my buddy....."

Haha

Reason2succeed
01-20-2017, 07:20 AM
I enjoyed browsing the "IN THIS STORYSTREAM" link at the bottom called "The Ole Miss NCAA drama timeline: Tunsil, Nkemdiche and everything else". It brought back some funny memories and reminded me of how big of a liar Hugh Freeze is.

blacklistedbully
01-21-2017, 03:14 PM
All thoughts like this are dilusional! Not happening.

Well, hell...why even have a clause allowing for it then?

As I said before, I never used to think it was a possibility, and I still don't think it likely. But if cooler heads don't prevail in Oxford, and if their admin and influential alum continue to do the kind of stuff a lot of their fans are demanding....I could see them getting dumped for cause.

And its not the cheating. It's the BS about going after the NCAA legally, and the talk of bringing down other SEC programs. It's their constant bitching about it being because "they beat Bama twice-in-a-row and the SEC & NCAA punishing them for that" rather than them getting busted cheating their asses off.

What value does UNM bring to the SEC? They sure as hell are bringing embarrassment, and are pissing off a lot of members. By contrast, we actually bring a lot in terms of baseball, have brought a lot in basketball and appear to be heading back to being one of the top-tier SEC programs for that, and we're getting better in football.

Our history includes what many consider one of the most important events in civil rights history (The Game of Change), theirs includes people being murdered in a failed attempt to keep the school all-white.

So, if they bring no value and instead bring the embarrassment they are now...why is it "delusional" to think expulsion from the SEC is at least a possibility? "Unlikely"..sure, but "delusional"?

C'mon, man!

Political Hack
01-21-2017, 03:19 PM
Well, hell...why even have a clause allowing for it then?

As I said before, I never used to think it was a possibility, and I still don't think it likely. But if cooler heads don't prevail in Oxford, and if their admin and influential alum continue to do the kind of stuff a lot of their fans are demanding....I could see them getting dumped for cause.

And its not the cheating. It's the BS about going after the NCAA legally, and the talk of bringing down other SEC programs. It's their constant bitching about it being because "they beat Bama twice-in-a-row and the SEC & NCAA punishing them for that" rather than them getting busted cheating their asses off.

What value does UNM bring to the SEC? They sure as hell are bringing embarrassment, and are pissing off a lot of members. By contrast, we actually bring a lot in terms of baseball, have brought a lot in basketball and appear to be heading back to being one of the top-tier SEC programs for that, and we're getting better in football.

Our history includes what many consider one of the most important events in civil rights history (The Game of Change), theirs includes people being murdered in a failed attempt to keep the school all-white.

So, if they bring no value and instead bring the embarrassment they are now...why is it "delusional" to think expulsion from the SEC is at least a possibility? "Unlikely"..sure, but "delusional"?

C'mon, man!

They've been an embarrassment to the State of Mississippi for half a century. It's about damn time someone else feels our pain. I'd like to be the first to welcome the SEC and the NCAA to their perpetual belligerence. This time, finally, it may actually cost them.

Reason2succeed
01-21-2017, 03:27 PM
I just hope one of their nitwit lawyers or politicians actually tries to sue the NCAA or SEC. THAT could be the end of them.

Dawgowar
01-21-2017, 03:42 PM
So basically they are acting like five year-olds voting their parents out of their treehouse.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-26-2017, 10:01 AM
Trey Lamar says on OOB that State fans are unreasonable and are giving him the most negative feedback of the bill.

ShotgunDawg
01-26-2017, 10:04 AM
I heard it as well and he's an idiot. He doesn't understand why the NCAA can't investigate in a timely manner like a murder trial. However, he doesn't quite understand that the NCAA doesn't have supeana power.

ShotgunDawg
01-26-2017, 10:08 AM
Amazing the lengths these shitbirds are going to try to make cheating easier to get away with.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-26-2017, 10:12 AM
I heard it as well and he's an idiot. He doesn't understand why the NCAA can't investigate in a timely manner like a murder trial. However, he doesn't quite understand that the NCAA doesn't have supeana power.

Who's this OM homer in for Bo today? He sounds like he's made from the yancy porter school of OM recruiting.

ShotgunDawg
01-26-2017, 10:16 AM
Who's this OM homer in for Bo today? He sounds like he's made from the yancy porter school of OM recruiting.

Christian Bird and for some reason he thinks the NCAA owes something to a school that cheated their asses off.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-26-2017, 10:19 AM
Christian Bird and for some reason he thinks the NCAA owes something to a school that cheated their asses off.

Haha really? According to his twitter, he reads Elite Dawgs...