PDA

View Full Version : Schaefer adds another 5-star player

Quaoarsking
01-17-2017, 03:39 PM
http://hailstate.com/news/2017/1/17/womens-basketball-jordan-danberry-joins-hailstatehoops.aspx

Jordan Danberry is transferring in from Arkansas. She was a 5-star coming out of high school.

That's 3 5-stars we're adding to the team next year, the other 2 being McDonald's All-American freshmen.

msstate7
01-17-2017, 03:42 PM
Basketball school

civildawg
01-17-2017, 03:43 PM
Won't be eligible until spring of next year

Big4Dawg
01-17-2017, 03:49 PM
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/nov/29/guard-quits-arkansas-basketball-team-six-games-sea/

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-17-2017, 03:55 PM
Jimmy Dykes was quick on the post-game handshake with Vic. I get the feeling he don't like him too much. Now I bet he has Vic's picture on a dartboard in his office.

Dawg61
01-17-2017, 04:01 PM
Jimmy Dykes was quick on the post-game handshake with Vic. I get the feeling he don't like him too much. Now I bet he has Vic's picture on a dartboard in his office.

Jimmy Dykes is a dyke

Martianlander
Don't like that part about the kneeling on the National Anthem. Hopefully not a troublemaker. If so Schaefer should have enough talent he can cut her loose.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
Who is the other 5* besides Myah Taylor?
http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/344

And what exactly did the probation do for OM women b-ball? I noticed their recruiting has picked up. They have 2 ESPN top 100 that came in this year and another next year..

smootness
01-17-2017, 04:18 PM
Don't like that part about the kneeling on the National Anthem. Hopefully not a troublemaker. If so Schaefer should have enough talent he can cut her loose.

I'm not sure why that would make her a troublemaker. I don't particularly like the kneeling or think it really accomplishes anything, but it also doesn't indicate someone likely to be a problem, either.

Cooterpoot
01-17-2017, 04:32 PM
I'm not sure why that would make her a troublemaker. I don't particularly like the kneeling or think it really accomplishes anything, but it also doesn't indicate someone likely to be a problem, either.

But it could split a team that isn't all behind that kind of crap.

smootness
01-17-2017, 04:42 PM
But it could split a team that isn't all behind that kind of crap.

I guess, or it could bring a team even closer together. Never know. I would guess it isn't likely to make a difference one way or another.

Joe Schmedlap
01-17-2017, 05:11 PM
I guess, or it could bring a team even closer together. Never know. I would guess it isn't likely to make a difference one way or another.

It's inappropriate. End of story.

Reason2succeed
01-17-2017, 05:36 PM

Get over it.

RocketDawg
01-17-2017, 05:53 PM

I noticed that too .... Doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling regardless of stars.

smootness
01-17-2017, 06:29 PM
It's inappropriate. End of story.

Some think it is, many think it's not, and some think it's actually an honorable thing. Such is life.

blacklistedbully
01-17-2017, 06:50 PM

I'm with you. Don't like this one bit. We have great team chemistry. We don't need to introduce a potential problem. She is entitled to her opinions, and the right to express them freely. I am likewise entitled to disagree with her, and to also wish she were not joining our team. For me...not agreeing with my opinion is not the problem. Disrespecting the American Flag and honoring an organization at least partially based on lies, propaganda, racist attitudes & containing a segment that promotes violence against cops is the problem, as far as I'm concerned.

I say this knowing full well there are good people in that movement with the best intentions. But to buy into that actual movement without truly educating oneself and loudly condemning the ugly parts is an issue that causes me deep concern.

I absolutely do have a problem with any of our athletes using our sporting events to push their own political agenda. And yes...it has the potential to introduce problems.

smootness
01-17-2017, 06:58 PM
honoring an organization at least partially based on lies, propaganda, racist attitudes & containing a segment that promotes violence against cops is the problem, as far as I'm concerned.

Here's the thing - this is what they believe as well.

Quaoarsking
01-17-2017, 07:11 PM
Maybe we shouldn't get all worked up over a chemistry problem that probably doesn't exist? I can assure you that Schafer isn't going to add a cancer onto the team - we're not starved for talent.

Lance Harbor
01-17-2017, 07:16 PM

Did she kneel on your lawn?

Reason2succeed
01-17-2017, 07:29 PM
She's not going to mess up the chemistry on the team. Just because some people don't kneel doesn't mean they don't support the cause. The cause is not anti-police. Are people pissed? Yes

Quaoarsking
01-17-2017, 07:45 PM
She's not going to mess up the chemistry on the team. Just because some people don't kneel doesn't mean they don't support the cause. The cause is not anti-police. Are people pissed? Yes

And not everyone who does kneel was intending to make the huge offensive statement that a lot of people interpreted it as. She's a 19-year-old college student who did it one time months ago. Who knows what her motivations were, if she got caught up in the moment without understanding how offensive some would find it, or if she was trying support the other Arkansas player who did it, etc. At her age, she's probably not mature enough to fully consider all of the consequences and interpretations of taking the knee.

And again, I trust Schafer not to add a cancer on the team. Let's not try to create a controversy that isn't there. By the time she steps foot on the court in 2018, no one will be kneeling at the anthem anymore - it's practically died out already.

BeardoMSU
01-17-2017, 07:47 PM

Thank you....

Martianlander
01-17-2017, 08:14 PM
I'm with you. Don't like this one bit. We have great team chemistry. We don't need to introduce a potential problem. She is entitled to her opinions, and the right to express them freely. I am likewise entitled to disagree with her, and to also wish she were not joining our team. For me...not agreeing with my opinion is not the problem. Disrespecting the American Flag and honoring an organization at least partially based on lies, propaganda, racist attitudes & containing a segment that promotes violence against cops is the problem, as far as I'm concerned.

I say this knowing full well there are good people in that movement with the best intentions. But to buy into that actual movement without truly educating oneself and loudly condemning the ugly parts is an issue that causes me deep concern.

I absolutely do have a problem with any of our athletes using our sporting events to push their own political agenda. And yes...it has the potential to introduce problems.

Absolutely. Sums it up beautifully.

lamont
01-17-2017, 08:23 PM
Some think it is, many think it's not, and some think it's actually an honorable thing. Such is life.

If she does it in Mississippi- she is going to get booed by her home fans. That doesnt create a good team atmosphere

BeardoMSU
01-17-2017, 08:44 PM
If she does it in Mississippi- she is going to get booed by her home fans. That doesnt create a good team atmosphere

Maybe don't boo, then?

Quaoarsking
01-17-2017, 08:46 PM

If anybody does it anywhere, they're going to get booed. Luckily, she won't do it, so all this speculation is pointless and detrimental.

BeardoMSU
01-17-2017, 08:49 PM
If she does it in Mississippi-

That same statement has been used so many times in this state to repress people/concepts/things/rights/ect......

And, btw, I know you were just making an observation, not necessarily commenting on the subject itself.(NM, I was obviously wrong...)

smootness
01-17-2017, 09:24 PM
Maybe don't boo, then?

Haha exactly

dawgoneyall
01-17-2017, 09:39 PM
Get over it.

Why?

BeardoMSU
01-17-2017, 09:43 PM
Why?

Or don't. If you want to spend your life so angry about everything your hands shake, then by all means.

lamont
01-17-2017, 09:46 PM
She is going to get booed if she does it here- thats the bottom line. And she should. If she kneels- she shouldnt play one ****ing second

BeardoMSU
01-17-2017, 09:54 PM
She is going to get booed if she does it here- thats the bottom line. And she should. If she kneels- she shouldnt play one ****ing second

Oktibbeha County, and Mississippi State in general, are pretty progressive, so I wouldn't be so sure.

Also, I guess people should just keep their mouth shut anytime there is a possibility they face backlash from stating their beliefs. #TheAmericanWay

smootness
01-17-2017, 09:55 PM
Yeah, booing our own player for standing for something she believes in would certainly help Mississippi's clean record on race relations.

blacklistedbully
01-17-2017, 09:56 PM

Tell that to the relatives...the widows and children of the cops murdered in the name of "black lives matter".

"Pigs-in-a-blanket....fry 'em like bacon!"

lastmajordog
01-17-2017, 09:56 PM

I disagree big time...

BeardoMSU
01-17-2017, 09:58 PM
Tell that to the relatives...the widows and children of the cops murdered in the name of "black lives matter".

Congrats on fast-tracking this thread to the political board, bub.

smootness
01-17-2017, 09:59 PM

Kneeling during the anthem has nothing to do with BLM. And again, taking issue with a well-intentioned entity because of some of the things that happened under that banner is exactly what they are doing as well.

smootness
01-17-2017, 10:00 PM
I disagree big time...

And you are free to do that. But it would be pretty tough to argue that everyone who has knelt is a bad person.

Dawg61

Calm down Sally let's not start WW3 here

blacklistedbully
Oktibbeha County, and Mississippi State in general, are pretty progressive, so I wouldn't be so sure.

Also, I guess people should just keep their mouth shut anytime there is a possibility they face backlash from stating their beliefs. #TheAmericanWay

Or maybe social justice warriors should come to understand "freedom of speech" does not mean, "freedom from criticism".

Blows my mind how so many of you bitch about freedom of speech, but want it silenced when it comes from the right.

BeardoMSU
01-17-2017, 10:01 PM
Or maybe social justice warriors should come to understand "freedom of speech" does not mean, "freedom from criticism".

I've said that very thing plenty, BLB.

blacklistedbully
01-17-2017, 10:01 PM
Kneeling during the anthem has nothing to do with BLM. And again, taking issue with a well-intentioned entity because of some of the things that happened under that banner is exactly what they are doing as well.

Yes it does. If you took the time to check out her twitter account, you'd see yourself.

blacklistedbully
01-17-2017, 10:03 PM
Congrats on fast-tracking this thread to the political board, bub.

Fastracking?? All I did was respond to the comment that BLM is not connected to the recent violence against cops.

BeardoMSU
01-17-2017, 10:07 PM
Fastracking?? All I did was respond to the comment that BLM is not connected to the recent violence against cops.

Bringing that (as well as a chant about "bacon") into a discussion about a new recruit kneeling during the anthem is just perfectly normal discourse, I suppose.***

blacklistedbully
01-17-2017, 10:07 PM
Calm down Sally let's not start WW3 here

I live in California. I see and hear all the time what BLM supporters say and do. I hear my own daughters come home from school brainwashed from the blatant lies all their friends regurgitate on a regular basis.

I'm telling you...the vast majority I have encountered are not "peaceful" or "reasonable", and they damn sure are not remotely interested in having a civil, reasoned debate on the subject.

blacklistedbully
01-17-2017, 10:10 PM
Bringing that (as well as a chant about "bacon") into a discussion about a new recruit kneeling during the anthem is just perfectly normal discourse, I suppose.***

You must think you're really clever. The man stated BLM's cause did not include violence toward cops. I gave him the chant that was used at one of the BLM marches. That's a fact. Not sorry its inconvenient for you.

Dawg61
01-17-2017, 10:10 PM

blacklistedbully rn

http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2346664/sabanmad.0.gif

Dawg61
01-17-2017, 10:12 PM
I live in California. I see and hear all the time what BLM supporters say and do. I hear my own daughters come home from school brainwashed from the blatant lies all their friends regurgitate on a regular basis.

I'm telling you...the vast majority I have encountered are not "peaceful" or "reasonable", and they damn sure are not remotely interested in having a civil, reasoned debate on the subject.

Then move cause where I live it ain't like that at all

blacklistedbully
01-17-2017, 10:17 PM
Then move cause where I live it ain't like that at all

I sincerely wish I had when my daughters were toddlers. Its like living on another planet out here. Most intolerant people I have ever come across. Everything out here is so far left....so far social justice warrior that being a republican can cause you to be ostracized, and even physically assaulted by some.

lamont
01-17-2017, 10:17 PM

America is giving her a free education and a chance to make something of her life. If she doesnt like it- she needs to go somewhere else. She can protest all she wants at rallys and other political functions- but when she represents our school- she better stand her ass up at attention

somebodyshotmypaw
01-17-2017, 10:24 PM

BLM is about as well-intentioned as the Klan

smootness
01-17-2017, 10:37 PM
BLM is about as well-intentioned as the Klan

And there are quite a lot of people who have likely felt that way about America through the years.

BeardoMSU
01-17-2017, 10:43 PM
America is giving her a free education and a chance to make something of her life. If she doesnt like it- she needs to go somewhere else. She can protest all she wants at rallys and other political functions- but when she represents our school- she better stand her ass up at attention

So being on scholarship means one can no longer have beliefs or values? Maybe they can, but they can no long act on them? Since when does that apply?

I know it didn't apply to a particular group of '63 MSU student athletes who spurned both majority rule and Governor...

HSVDawg
01-17-2017, 10:43 PM
Something tells me that if it were Cam Akers or Willie Gay committing to us and either one of them were kneeling during the anthem, a lot more folks on here would talk themselves into being OK with it. That's my hot take for the day.