PDA

View Full Version : Early Signing Day is back on the docket - Mullen in charge of committee

Irondawg
01-17-2017, 03:36 PM
http://www.espn.com/college-football/recruiting/story/_/id/18475010/what-need-know-impending-recruiting-reforms

I like a lot of it, but personally I just wish they would do something like this:

A kids can sign at any time following the first day of their Sr day of high school so long as they have been accepted into the school they wish to sign with. If I kid decides in November, why make him and the school wait?

From an academic standpoint it puts an onus on the kids to get eligible in order to officially sign. That would be a boost for NCAA student-athlete image and long term would push more kids to get in line earlier.

Only way out of an LOI is head coach leaving or serious NCAA sanctions announced after signing the LOI.

Also gets rid of the sign and place (b/c they aren't eligible to sign papers). I know that has benefitted us before, but when you think about it, it's really a bit ridiculous. You can still encourage kids to go someplace, but if you aren't eligible then you don't get the honor of "signing".

Cary Hudson's little bro
01-17-2017, 03:52 PM
What happens if a 5-star o-lineman signs during his senior season, then Mullen and Hev leave for USC a week later? Can he transfer without penalty?

lol at 5-star o-lineman signing with state

Cary Hudson's little bro
01-17-2017, 03:57 PM
or like the article says...once a 5-star signs will he sit out his senior season? Some clown will do that