PDA

View Full Version : How State can beat Kentucky

cheewgumm
01-17-2017, 03:12 PM
State shoots the 3 very well. What I wish they would do, is take a page out of the Gilden astute playbook and find 3s in transition more and find 3 pt looks in chaos.

I think State tries to slow it down when things get wild and regain "control". However this just allows the D to set up. I wish they would do like Golden State and take advantage of the chaos to get open 3s for Q.

smootness
01-17-2017, 03:17 PM
State shoots the 3 very well. What I wish they would do, is take a page out of the Gilden astute playbook and find 3s in transition more and find 3 pt looks in chaos.

I think State tries to slow it down when things get wild and regain "control". However this just allows the D to set up. I wish they would do like Golden State and take advantage of the chaos to get open 3s for Q.

Playing that way requires very high intelligence from your players and complete buy-in to the system. I don't think we're ready for that yet. It may look like chaos for Golden State, but they are very much in control in the midst of it, which is where their advantage is, beyond just their unselfish play and the ability to shoot the lights out.

We may be able to get to something along those lines by next year, but I don't think we're ready yet. Peters is at his best, IMO, when he is penetrating in the half-court offense, not when he's forcing the fast break. That's when we tend to get out of control and start to lose our heads a bit.

MarketingBully
01-17-2017, 03:20 PM
Control the tempo. Limit their points in transition. Try to stay even on the boards. Be patient on offense. Hope they are off from the perimeter. That's how you beat them. If we are patient on offense, we will get open looks and that will increase our chances of hitting from the perimeter.

memphis_DAWG
01-17-2017, 04:41 PM

Luck and Jesus

drunkernhelldawg
01-17-2017, 05:30 PM
Good shot quality and defense. Keep KY off the offensive boards. They're going to come out trying to buzz saw us. Gotta withstand those first five minutes.