PDA

View Full Version : Shark bait for Mullen haters

Reason2succeed
01-16-2017, 06:30 PM
http://www.espn.com/college-football/recruiting/story/_/id/18460451/recruiting-reforms-benefit-coaches-recruits-personal-lives

"And Mississippi State assistant recruiting coordinator Niel Stopczynski said his staff puts as much effort into June and July trying to encourage kids to attend camps as they do elaborate January official visit weekends."

I already know someone is going to say that it's because we don't put in enough work in January.

tireddawg
01-16-2017, 07:40 PM
You already said it...

RougeDawg
01-16-2017, 07:51 PM
Hard to receuit in January when you've been interviewing for 3-5 openings each of the last two off seasons. Can only be in one place at a time.

MaroonFlounder
01-16-2017, 07:54 PM
Hard to receuit in January when you've been interviewing for 3-5 openings each of the last two off seasons. Can only be in one place at a time.

Has he been interviewing this offseason?

dawg27
01-16-2017, 08:10 PM
I just looked at where we are ranked 24th as of now by the time we thru and everybody fills there class we going to be in the 30s again.

msstate7
01-16-2017, 08:13 PM
I just looked at where we are ranked 24th as of now by the time we thru and everybody fills there class we going to be in the 30s again.

We dropped 4 spots bc of culling commits and adding a punter.

Liverpooldawg
01-16-2017, 08:17 PM

He had one telephone interview last year. That's it.

Dawg61
01-16-2017, 08:19 PM

Name 3-5 job openings Mullen has interviewed for this offseason

EngDawg
01-16-2017, 09:25 PM

Sounds like something a rebel would say

Harrydawg
01-16-2017, 09:25 PM

How much you to bet we finish higher than 30? How much?

lamont
01-16-2017, 09:47 PM
http://www.espn.com/college-football/recruiting/story/_/id/18460451/recruiting-reforms-benefit-coaches-recruits-personal-lives

"And Mississippi State assistant recruiting coordinator Niel Stopczynski said his staff puts as much effort into June and July trying to encourage kids to attend camps as they do elaborate January official visit weekends."

I already know someone is going to say that it's because we don't put in enough work in January.

Actually- the knock on State is the lack of effort from August-November

lamont
01-16-2017, 09:52 PM

Mullen interviewed with Miami, Maryland, and Oregon in the last 2 years. He didnt have to interview with Georgia because his buddy was the AD- but he pursued that one hard.

He has figured out he isnt getting a blue blood job until he actually accomplishes something. So hopefully a renewed Mullen pays off for us

Dawg61
01-16-2017, 10:08 PM
Mullen interviewed with Miami, Maryland, and Oregon in the last 2 years. He didnt have to interview with Georgia because his buddy was the AD- but he pursued that one hard.

Yea we all know about those when they happened back in 2015. My question was who did he interview with this offseason like Rogue had suggested or was he just slinging the same shit that's been slung going on 14+ months now?

RougeDawg
01-16-2017, 10:12 PM

Key words in my post were "last two".

RougeDawg
01-16-2017, 10:13 PM
Has he been interviewing this offseason?

Is reading comprehension a relic of the past?

RougeDawg
01-16-2017, 10:14 PM
Sounds like something a rebel would say

Give me the coordinates of your rock. I'll send an excavation crew.

RougeDawg
01-16-2017, 10:16 PM
He had one telephone interview last year. That's it.

He interviewed in flesh and blood at Miami. This is what brought Keenum in and pushed strick aside. Why must we go over old facts?

Maryland was another interview and his agent was floating his name to a few more.

Todd4State
01-16-2017, 10:17 PM

I think the camp is a good thing- but I wonder sometimes if we put too much emphasis on it. It just seems like if a player doesn't come to our football camp- we just stop paying attention to them.

And to be clear- I think it's great that we make a big deal out of it like other schools treat OV weekend, but I would just like for us to potentially expand our horizons some and be on the lookout beyond the camp.

Dawg61
01-16-2017, 10:23 PM
Key words in my post were "last two".

Is reading comprehension a relic of the past?

He interviewed in flesh and blood at Miami. This is what brought Keenum in and pushed strick aside. Why must we go over old facts?

Maryland was another interview and his agent was floating his name to a few more.

Agenda much

DancingRabbit
01-16-2017, 10:53 PM

He has figured out he isnt getting a blue blood job until he actually accomplishes something. So hopefully a renewed Mullen pays off for us

Ha, OK

Reason2succeed
01-16-2017, 10:56 PM
I think the camp is a good thing- but I wonder sometimes if we put too much emphasis on it. It just seems like if a player doesn't come to our football camp- we just stop paying attention to them.

And to be clear- I think it's great that we make a big deal out of it like other schools treat OV weekend, but I would just like for us to potentially expand our horizons some and be on the lookout beyond the camp.

Outside of the camp when do coaches have an opportunity to work out a player and see how they respond to coaching and do the specific things they want to see? I'm sure Mullen would tell you camp is how they found Dak Prescott, Benardrick McKinney, and Preston Smith when they weren't highly rated. Emphasizing camp cuts down on busts.

Todd4State
01-16-2017, 11:20 PM
Outside of the camp when do coaches have an opportunity to work out a player and see how they respond to coaching and do the specific things they want to see? I'm sure Mullen would tell you camp is how they found Dak Prescott, Benardrick McKinney, and Preston Smith when they weren't highly rated. Emphasizing camp cuts down on busts.

The camp is very important- I don't disagree with that at all. But emphasizing the camp also causes us to miss diamonds in the rough sometimes as well.

To answer your question- I think that's where Peterson and Austin come in with their contacts as to how a player responds to coaching. It's not legal to work out a player outside of a camp, but they do get to see film and they have to use their evaluation skills off of that.

msbulldog
01-17-2017, 07:14 AM

I think Dan's new agent Jimmy Sexton has modified his behavior and put a stop to the job rumors. Telling Dan he has to improve his resume so he'll have something better to sell. All in all this will be very good for MSU.

AROB44
01-17-2017, 09:35 AM
Shark bait for Mullen haters

Bait was taken by the usual sharks......

Liverpooldawg
01-17-2017, 09:39 AM

Yes it was.

Liverpooldawg
01-17-2017, 09:41 AM

You need better sources.

Reason2succeed
01-17-2017, 09:44 AM

Where's my harpoon when I need it?

parabrave
01-17-2017, 11:36 AM

According to what a asst off coach told me a few years ago this isn't far from the truth about the camps. I looked at him and told him that this approach was lazy as hell.

Reason2succeed
01-17-2017, 11:52 AM
The camp is very important- I don't disagree with that at all. But emphasizing the camp also causes us to miss diamonds in the rough sometimes as well.

To answer your question- I think that's where Peterson and Austin come in with their contacts as to how a player responds to coaching. It's not legal to work out a player outside of a camp, but they do get to see film and they have to use their evaluation skills off of that.

You act like we don't take players who didn't come to camp. We do it all the time. But if a guy isn't willing to come to a camp he probably will stand you up for an OV and probably won't be picking your hat off of a table anyway.

Political Hack
01-17-2017, 05:55 PM
I think Dan's new agent Jimmy Sexton has modified his behavior and put a stop to the job rumors. Telling Dan he has to improve his resume so he'll have something better to sell. All in all this will be very good for MSU.

I tend to agree with this. A new approach is paying dividends. Every year it's "he's going to leave," but this year everyone has been very confident that he's not going anywhere. Part of that is the record this season, but part of it is his when his name came up he squashed it quickly. Happened to be at the same annual event, but the rumors didn't linger like they have in years past.