PDA

View Full Version : Gridironnow throws out early SEC power rankings

lamont
01-15-2017, 07:06 PM
http://gridironnow.com/2017-sec-power-rankings-early/

I am almost in complete agreement. State and OM are interchangeable where they are. I would put us ahead because they play at our place and we have the better QB and LB's

ShotgunDawg
01-15-2017, 07:09 PM
Disagree.

I would've put MSU above Kentucky and TN and moved Arkansas up a notch.

starkvegasdawg
01-15-2017, 07:09 PM
They say Grantham is over rated but all he's done is field top 20 defenses where ever he's gone.

lamont
01-15-2017, 07:10 PM
Disagree.

I would've put MSU above Kentucky and TN and moved Arkansas up a notch.

based on returning players- no way you can put State ahead of Kentucky

msstate7
01-15-2017, 07:11 PM
So you're in complete agreement that our defense will have less talent next season and Todd grantham is overrated. Nice to know

ShotgunDawg
01-15-2017, 07:11 PM

I understand. MSU is better than Kentucky though

K9 Avenger
01-15-2017, 07:13 PM

Once again...trolling your own board for traffic....

msstate7

Kentucky lost top wr and best rb

lamont

We werent in 2016...and they will be better in 2017 just as we should be. We have the home game and thats huge

lamont
01-15-2017, 07:14 PM
Kentucky lost top wr and best rb

Kentucky returns their top guy in receptions and returns a 1,000 yard rusher

ShotgunDawg
We werent in 2016...and they will be better in 2017 just as we should be. We have the home game and thats huge
We will be better.

Not sure who's TN's QB is

lamont
Kentucky also RS'ed a couple of 4-star OL guys

lamont
01-15-2017, 07:16 PM
No- but Tenn has alot of talent. They will have to fight off Kentucky for 3rd in the East

msstate7
01-15-2017, 07:20 PM
No- but Tenn has alot of talent. They will have to fight off Kentucky for 3rd in the East

Florida is not guaranteed to be top 2 in east. Boom's defensive players are almost gone

dawgday166
01-15-2017, 07:21 PM
I'm not sure we'll be better than Vandy.

lamont
01-15-2017, 07:23 PM
Florida is not guaranteed to be top 2 in east. Boom's defensive players are almost gone

Fla still has alot of defensive talent...Mac is a good coach and they will be in the mix again

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-15-2017, 07:23 PM
Wonder how not having a head coach will affect OM?

lamont
01-15-2017, 07:25 PM
I'm not sure we'll be better than Vandy.

We will be improved some. The problem is that we have to go to A&m and UPig- and that gives them the advantage. Plus Kentucky will be physical and a tough play at home.

dawgday166
01-15-2017, 07:28 PM
We will be improved some. The problem is that we have to go to A&m and UPig- and that gives them the advantage. Plus Kentucky will be physical and a tough play at home.

Vandy improving too. Not keeping up with who they lose but they usually got some D now. If they can get some O going, they might surprise. I kinda like Mason too.

Intramural All-American
01-15-2017, 07:30 PM

Kentucky beat us on a walk-off field goal in a game we should have won. We absolutely were better than them last year, and playing them at home this coming year, we will beat them. Also, home field advantage goes for 3 points, and they beat us by 2, so at worst we were even last year.

I'll say it again, you're the worst.

lamont
01-15-2017, 07:37 PM
Kentucky beat us on a walk-off field goal in a game we should have won. We absolutely were better than them last year, and playing them at home this coming year, we will beat them. Also, home field advantage goes for 3 points, and they beat us by 2, so at worst we were even last year.

I'll say it again, you're the worst.

Kentucky had 10 more 1st downs
Kentucky had 192 more yards of offense

No way no how should we have won that game. They were better than us and its not even a question. We were lucky it was that close

bulldawg28
01-15-2017, 08:09 PM

BS...Kentucky just lost their best playmaker on offense and key WR. Their Qb isn't even a SEC caliber. But by all means keep believing the hype. My bet still stands and you've been hiding. Man up

IMissJack
01-15-2017, 08:14 PM
Vandy improving too. Not keeping up with who they lose but they usually got some D now. If they can get some O going, they might surprise. I kinda like Mason too.

Vandy's best def player just announced he is going to NFL draft, a LB.

lamont
01-15-2017, 08:18 PM
BS...Kentucky just lost their best playmaker on offense and key WR. Their Qb isn't even a SEC caliber. But by all means keep believing the hype. My bet still stands and you've been hiding. Man up

Kentucky played most of last season with their back-up QB. They have 2 starting QB's returning in 2017

They return their leader in receptions
They return a 1,000 yard rusher.
They RS'ed 2 4-star OL guys

Dont feel feel sorry for or underestimate Kentucky in 2017

dawgday166
01-15-2017, 08:19 PM
Kentucky played most of last season with their back-up QB. They have 2 starting QB's returning in 2017

But can their O line coach get them ready faster than Hev can?

Bubb Rubb
01-15-2017, 08:22 PM

The hell you can't. State is better than Kentucky. And to say we will be less talented on defense (as the article does) goes beyond retardation. I agree that we have questions on the o-line (like we do every year) and at WR, although we have some talent there. We will be better than Ole Miss by a good bit and better than Kentucky. I'd put us in a virtual tie with Arkansas, ahead of Mizzou, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Ole Miss. I think we may even be better than Tennessee, as well.

bulldawg28
01-15-2017, 08:27 PM

All talk and no bite. Man up with your beliefs or stop trolling

MabenMaroon
01-15-2017, 08:28 PM

Who is the 1000 yard rusher that is returning, I believe I have read/seen that Boom Williams has declared for the draft?
( just asking, not arguing )

Todd4State
01-15-2017, 08:29 PM
Wonder how not having a head coach will affect OM?

Probably very negatively based on 1994. Hard to perform for people that are almost certainly not going to be back the next season.

As far as MSU, the thing about us is it all comes down to how quickly our JUCO guys can adjust. If it takes the customary six games and I'm sure for some of them it will we could be in for a rough start but we also could be in for a strong finish. I don't think our defense will miss Torrey Dale, Richie Brown, and Kivon Coman very much. I also foresee Simmons and Peters playing more than they did this year. I hope the D-I experience pays off in a quicker transition for the guys that have D-I experience coming in from JUCO's. The author didn't acknowledge our JUCO's and I think they may be the reason why we surprise him this upcoming year.

Dan can scheme around a bad o-line as he has for years now. We really need Champion or Philips to step up and start although if history is any indicator that probably won't happen. Couch and Todd need to step up as well.

smootness
01-15-2017, 08:30 PM
We will be better than Kentucky next year, no question. It won't be all that close.

lamont
01-15-2017, 08:32 PM
The hell you can't. State is better than Kentucky. And to say we will be less talented on defense (as the article does) goes beyond retardation. I agree that we have questions on the o-line (like we do every year) and at WR, although we have some talent there. We will be better than Ole Miss by a good bit and better than Kentucky. I'd put us in a virtual tie with Arkansas, ahead of Mizzou, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Ole Miss. I think we may even be better than Tennessee, as well.

I just disagree. Kentucky returns more starters and gets their starting QB back. They beat us with their back-up QB in 2016. We are at home so it should be a good game.

lamont
01-15-2017, 08:33 PM
We will be better than Kentucky next year, no question. It won't be all that close.

based on what?? Take the name off the jerseys and explain why

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-15-2017, 08:33 PM
Kentucky is what...1-6 vs Mullen? I like our chances no matter the circumstances.

lamont
01-15-2017, 08:35 PM
Who is the 1000 yard rusher that is returning, I believe I have read/seen that Boom Williams has declared for the draft?
( just asking, not arguing )

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4035072/benny-snell-jr.

smootness
01-15-2017, 08:35 PM

Because they haven't been clearly better than us in forever, and we will have the far better QB. It's a Mullen offense, if you have the QB, we're freaking good. We'll have the QB.

You can talk about returning starters all you want, it's what the preseason projections will be based on. And when we're much better than those projections, you'll be just as wrong as they are.

dawgday166
01-15-2017, 08:36 PM
Funny thing with our fan base. If KY is mentioned in same breath as us everyone gets all bent out of shape cause Mullen "owns" them. Yet every year the same folks think LSU is a "toss up" game for us. Go figure.

msstate7
01-15-2017, 08:40 PM
Funny thing with our fan base. If KY is mentioned in same breath as us everyone gets all bent out of shape cause Mullen "owns" them. Yet every year the same folks think LSU is a "toss up" game for us. Go figure.
And how does that work out for us? We are to lsu what Kentucky is to us

Todd4State
01-15-2017, 08:42 PM

Not smootness, but we'll be at home and our defense will be better. We play them game six I believe which is about the same time that our JUCO guys should be turning the corner. Also, they could have a QB controversy and those can sometimes cause problems. And on top of that I am presuming we will have a healthy kicker.

Also during that game Aeris had 8 carries for an average of 4.5 YPC but Dan had not fully committed to him as the RB at that time and was still trying to figure out what to do with Holloway hurt.

maroonmania
01-15-2017, 08:42 PM
So you're in complete agreement that our defense will have less talent next season and Todd grantham is overrated. Nice to know

Yep, didn't take the SEC analysts long to start throwing Grantham under the bus. And he directs that comment to "people that didn't like Sirmon" essentially implying that Grantham likely won't be any better even though Grantham has never had a defense outside of the top 50. I believe we could hire Nick Saban away from Bama and it would somehow be spun as a negative by most of the SEC talking heads.

dawgday166
01-15-2017, 08:43 PM
And how does that work out for us? We are to lsu what Kentucky is to us

Wouldn't argue that point. I figure us and KY may be about even next year. Not sure yet tho.

Seems like some of same folks also think GA is a slam dunk for us. I'm not sure about that yet but I ain't counting it as a slam dunk.

Todd4State
01-15-2017, 08:44 PM
Yep, didn't take the SEC analysts long to start throwing Grantham under the bus. And he directs that comment to "people that didn't like Sirmon" essentially implying that Grantham likely won't be any better even though Grantham has never had a defense outside of the top 50. I believe we could hire Nick Saban away from Bama and it would somehow be spun as a negative by most of the SEC talking heads.

Yeah- Saban would be "over the hill" and would have questions about how he handles OC if we went out and hired him right now.

gravedigger
01-15-2017, 08:55 PM
Once again...trolling your own board for traffic....

Gut punch.

DancingRabbit
01-15-2017, 09:02 PM

I am almost in complete agreement. State and OM are interchangeable where they are. I would put us ahead because they play at our place and we have the better QB and LB's

Awesome, what does Barrett Sallee or Saturday Down South predict?

gravedigger
01-15-2017, 09:11 PM

I'm calling it now: LSU runs away with the conference.

1. LSU

2 bama//auburn/aggies

5. State/ark

7. Richard Schwartz

East

1. Georgia/flarda

3. Vandy/USC/U.K.

6. The adopt-a-highways in east tennesssee/ the art bell fan club.

lamont
01-15-2017, 09:18 PM
Because they haven't been clearly better than us in forever, and we will have the far better QB. It's a Mullen offense, if you have the QB, we're freaking good. We'll have the QB.

You can talk about returning starters all you want, it's what the preseason projections will be based on. And when we're much better than those projections, you'll be just as wrong as they are.

yet- Ive never been wrong on us in the Mullen Era as far as winning more than I predicted. Not 1 time.

They were finally better than us in 2016- and will be every bit as good as us in 2017

lamont
01-15-2017, 09:24 PM
Gut punch.

wtf? Thats just ****ing stupid. Please explain what I have said is wrong?

lamont
01-15-2017, 09:30 PM

You apparently dont understand football.- they beat us in 2016

They return more guys on the OL
They return more guys on the DL
they return not 1- but 2 starting QB's

They are going to be a good team in 2017. They were better than us in 2016. We have the home game and that helps alot- but Kentucky will give us everything we want in 2017. It's going to be a close, hardfought game.

msstate7
01-15-2017, 09:38 PM
You apparently dont understand football.- they beat us in 2016

They return more guys on the OL
They return more guys on the DL
they return not 1- but 2 starting QB's

They are going to be a good team in 2017. They were better than us in 2016. We have the home game and that helps alot- but Kentucky will give us everything we want in 2017. It's going to be a close, hardfought game.

Shouldn't you be all over bulldawg28's bet then?

Quaoarsking
01-15-2017, 09:39 PM
We are much better at QB and head coach than Kentucky and will play them at home. We will win by 20+.

tireddawg
01-15-2017, 09:41 PM

What's the best? RP why don't you bet him?

lamont
01-15-2017, 09:47 PM
whats the bet?

lamont
01-15-2017, 09:49 PM
We are much better at QB and head coach than Kentucky and will play them at home. We will win by 20+.

I'll bet you 1.000 dollars right now if you will give me Kentucky +20 right now- what say you?

HSVDawg
01-15-2017, 09:59 PM
I actually think us and UK were about even last season, and the final records of each team and head to head result both show that as well. Both teams should also be a lot better next year. We'll see which one improves more. I give us the nod on talent, so we'll see if the Grantham hire can push us over the top.

lamont
01-15-2017, 10:01 PM
I actually think us and UK were about even last season, and the final records of each team and head to head result both show that as well. Both teams should also be a lot better next year. We'll see which one improves more. I give us the nod on talent, so we'll see if the Grantham hire can push us over the top.

good post- thanks. 100% agree

IMissJack
01-15-2017, 10:34 PM
I personally think the Aggies are going to be worse in 17. Myles Garrett gone, almost all their best receivers, except for Kirk (who returned the punt for TD against us). QB is gone, and Sumlin has not had a good history of QB's outside of Manziel's own talent. Most of the others transferred before playing enough to judge...

ETA: They have a lot of stars in their lineup, but Sumlin has not put them all together. If they finish like this year or worse Sumlin is gone. And, that is scary because they may actually get lucky on a hire one of these days.

Quaoarsking
01-15-2017, 10:50 PM
I'll bet you 1.000 dollars right now if you will give me Kentucky +20 right now- what say you?

I don't play pointspreads - teams play to win the game, not to worry about margins. But I do expect us to beat Kentucky by around 3 TDs, not counting whatever goes on in garbage time.

lamont
01-15-2017, 11:07 PM
I don't play pointspreads - teams play to win the game, not to worry about margins. But I do expect us to beat Kentucky by around 3 TDs, not counting whatever goes on in garbage time.

I see. I'm in agreement we are the favorites at home in 2017- but you are delusional saying we will beat a team that was better than us in 2016 and returns more than us in 2017 w2ill lose to us by 20+. I'll take any bet you want +20

You are taking the weasel way out with the 3 TD BS

Todd4State
01-15-2017, 11:12 PM
I personally think the Aggies are going to be worse in 17. Myles Garrett gone, almost all their best receivers, except for Kirk (who returned the punt for TD against us). QB is gone, and Sumlin has not had a good history of QB's outside of Manziel's own talent. Most of the others transferred before playing enough to judge...

ETA: They have a lot of stars in their lineup, but Sumlin has not put them all together. If they finish like this year or worse Sumlin is gone. And, that is scary because they may actually get lucky on a hire one of these days.

You mean returned a punt against us after the officials missed an obvious block in the back call.

lamont
01-15-2017, 11:17 PM
We have beaten Kentucky by 3 TD's once since 2000

Quaoarsking
01-15-2017, 11:37 PM
We have beaten Kentucky by 3 TD's once since 2000

And that 1 time (2015) was the only other time we had them at home AND the gap between in head coach/QB between us and them is as big as it will be in 2017.

QuadrupleOption
01-16-2017, 12:01 AM

Nah.

I think our defense will be better, and our QB play will be improved which will result in 2-3 more wins during the regular season. I'll say 7-5 with OOC, UNM, Kentucky, and one of Arkansas/Texas A&M/Georgia.

lamont
01-16-2017, 12:36 AM
And that 1 time (2015) was the only other time we had them at home AND the gap between in head coach/QB between us and them is as big as it will be in 2017.

I'll disagree. They will be as good and likely better than us on the OL and DL

So we are on for a grand? I've got Kentucky +21 right?

lamont
01-16-2017, 12:41 AM

Their back-up QB outplayed our starting QB in 2016- and they will have their starting QB back in 2017....but suddenly we are supposed to be head and shoulders above them at QB in 2017???

Can you explain your theory on this for us????

GTHOM
01-16-2017, 05:22 AM
Random makes sense sometimes but he just trolls the shit out of this board on a consistent basis. KY had no business beating us last year and were lucky as hell to do it on the last play. We will beat them in 2017 you can bookmark it

99jc
01-16-2017, 08:16 AM
Random makes sense sometimes but he just trolls the shit out of this board on a consistent basis. KY had no business beating us last year and were lucky as hell to do it on the last play. We will beat them in 2017 you can bookmark it

Better. You got game or all mouth.

justwin
01-16-2017, 09:05 AM
TXAM & Tennessee shouldn't be in the top half

LSU is too high ~ s/b around 5. No Qb, no Fournette, losing a bunch.

State should be ~7 to 9 just based on having a top 3 returning qb alone, but people aren't appreciating that Shump & Holloway & Coman aren't on the roster.

In terms of QB rankings, I put Fitz in top 3 with Hurts (surrounding cast) & Ark Allen (returning & had a good year).

gravedigger
01-16-2017, 09:23 AM
wtf? Thats just ****ing stupid. Please explain what I have said is wrong?

Well I was trolling you on that comment, but you cannot put much credibility in that prediction. He has Vandy WAY too low. OM and Tennessee WAY too high. UK had a good year and they wont be bottom 3 but they will not be better than us this coming year. 4 star linemen in waiting or not.

BB30
01-16-2017, 09:34 AM
Their back-up QB outplayed our starting QB in 2016- and they will have their starting QB back in 2017....but suddenly we are supposed to be head and shoulders above them at QB in 2017???

Is Fitz the next "check down charlie"?**

Dawgology
01-16-2017, 09:39 AM
Kentucky returns their top guy in receptions and returns a 1,000 yard rusher

I thought I read that he was transferring? Different guy?

Dawgology
01-16-2017, 09:44 AM
I think State will be a little better than last year. I've not paid a lot of attention to Gridiron so I don't know who writes for them, their rep, etc. but when they say Grantham is overated I begin to question them a bit. He has fielded consistently average to good defenses throughout his career. that's really all you can ask for and that is usually enough (with a good offense) to get you at least 9 - 10 wins a season and in the playoffs if you're lucky.

It's funny how MSU hires a great D coordinator and, after several seasons of media busting our chops about our D coordinators, all of a sudden this proven one is underated. I know a lot of tsun fans have been spouting that nonsense lately as well. Interesting...

BB30
01-16-2017, 09:47 AM
I thought I read that he was transferring? Different guy?

Their leading receiver in total yards, and YPC is transferring. Their leading receiver in receptions will be back. Ironically neither of their top 2 receivers had more yards or TDs than Our top two this year. So we are technically returning a better receiver than their "leading" receiver statistically speaking. We are also returning a 1,000 yard rusher.

Bubb Rubb
01-16-2017, 09:59 AM
I just disagree. Kentucky returns more starters and gets their starting QB back. They beat us with their back-up QB in 2016. We are at home so it should be a good game.

Tennessee was better than Vandy, but that didn't keep Vandy from beating them. Stuff happens. We were better than them last year and played like shit defensively. That's what lost the game.

Not only are we better than Kentucky, but we are better than Kentucky by a fairly substantial margin.

Bubb Rubb
01-16-2017, 10:00 AM
I'll disagree. They will be as good and likely better than us on the OL and DL

So we are on for a grand? I've got Kentucky +21 right?

I'll bet with you but you have to give me points since you insist Kentucky is better.

Dawgology
01-16-2017, 10:21 AM
TXAM & Tennessee shouldn't be in the top half

LSU is too high ~ s/b around 5. No Qb, no Fournette, losing a bunch.

State should be ~7 to 9 just based on having a top 3 returning qb alone, but people aren't appreciating that Shump & Holloway & Coman aren't on the roster.

In terms of QB rankings, I put Fitz in top 3 with Hurts (surrounding cast) & Ark Allen (returning & had a good year).

You haven't learned yet??? Having a top returning QB gives you instant cred with the media and pundits UNLESS you are State. I've witnessed this a lot over the past three years and it's hilarious!!

Jarius
01-16-2017, 10:36 AM
We will be better than Kentucky next year. We have a better coach and recruit better than them every year. We have the better qb and now have the better DC.

Dawgface
01-16-2017, 10:38 AM
Boilerplate article. Change the players names and date on report.

LilSebastian
01-16-2017, 10:41 AM
They say Grantham is over rated but all he's done is field top 20 defenses where ever he's gone.

What I'm hearing from UGA and UofL fans is that he's not particularly good on 3rd down and so he calls the eye test and the stats aren't as compelling.

Dawgology
01-16-2017, 10:45 AM
What I'm hearing from UGA and UofL fans is that he's not particularly good on 3rd down and so he calls the eye test and the stats aren't as compelling.

What's a "third down"? I've not seen one of those in over a year... It's weird how some people don't realize how bad our defense was for 80% of the season.

Dawgology
01-16-2017, 10:49 AM
I can understand UoL and tsun fans poo-poo'ing on Grantham because they have chapped asses over it. I can understand Georgia fans talking shit about him because they are mainly stupid (see Mark Richt). But I DON'T understand State fans doing it...luckily I've only heard a couple but I have to seriously question their mental state. How anyone can not see that grantham is an amazing upgrade over what we have had over the past decade is beyond me.

maroonmania
01-16-2017, 10:59 AM

People see what they want to see. In linking this FWTCT article it shows that Grantham's 3rd down defense at Louisville for the three years he was there was 3rd (2014), 3rd (2015) and 2nd (2016) in the ACC. Also shows that his defense in 2016 was 1st in scoring defense in the ACC. He's only overrated now because people have to find a way to put down a guy that MSU was able to hire. That's the bottom line.

http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2017/1/12/14241328/grantham-for-sirmon-setting-up-a-fort-and-buying-the-place-with-beads

HSVDawg
01-16-2017, 11:05 AM
With a Top 50 defense and just holding serve on offense from the last 4 or 5 games of last season, we should win 8-9 games at minimum. I don't see that for UK unless they just catch a ton of breaks. Grantham has had Top 50 defenses every year he has coached at this level, so I'd think that should be a given. The big question then becomes how well our OL can perform after losing 3 starters, and who can replace Ross as the go-to outside WR. Take care of those two areas and we'll be fine. Big question marks though.

Bothrops
01-16-2017, 11:11 AM
We played without a defensive coordinator last year and Kentucky was at home - advantage Kentucky. However, they still almost lost the game. If Grantham is worth a sack of spoiled peanuts, we don't lose to Kentucky at home with Fitz and Williams.

dawgday166
01-16-2017, 11:19 AM
People see what they want to see. In linking this FWTCT article it shows that Grantham's 3rd down defense at Louisville for the three years he was there was 3rd (2014), 3rd (2015) and 2nd (2016) in the ACC. Also shows that his defense in 2016 was 1st in scoring defense in the ACC. He's only overrated now because people have to find a way to put down a guy that MSU was able to hire. That's the bottom line.

http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2017/1/12/14241328/grantham-for-sirmon-setting-up-a-fort-and-buying-the-place-with-beads

Funny thing about the 2012 MSU team and Chris Wilson's D (I didn't like Wilson either - not coordinator material IMO):
However, in his defense just a little:

MSU defensive stats:

Total D - 53
Scoring D - 34
Opp. 3rd Down Conversions - 82

MSU offensive stats for 2012:

Total O - 80
Scoring O - 60
3rd Down Conversions - 102

lamont
01-16-2017, 01:24 PM
Is Fitz the next "check down charlie"?**

Nah- I think Fitz keeps trying to push the ball. I hope he does anyway

Quaoarsking
01-16-2017, 01:30 PM

You compare QBs by the whole season, not just one game. Fitz is a top 3 SEC QB this fall, maybe as high as #1. Kentucky is unlikely to have a top 10 QB, even if Jackson had a good game against Sirmon's defense. If we'd played Kentucky in November after Fitz put it together, we would have blown them out.

Even more striking is the gap between head coaches. Stoops is the 14th best in the SEC and it's not even close. 19-30 after 4 years is only a couple percentage points ahead of Croom's mark after 4 years, and Stoops has faced much easier schedules in the East.

lamont
01-16-2017, 01:37 PM
We played without a defensive coordinator last year and Kentucky was at home - advantage Kentucky. However, they still almost lost the game. If Grantham is worth a sack of spoiled peanuts, we don't lose to Kentucky at home with Fitz and Williams.

We certainly should win the game being at home. They have the week off to get ready for us. Should be a good game

TrapGame
01-16-2017, 01:40 PM
You compare QBs by the whole season, not just one game. Fitz is a top 3 SEC QB this fall, maybe as high as #1. Kentucky is unlikely to have a top 10 QB, even if Jackson had a good game against Sirmon's defense. If we'd played Kentucky in November after Fitz put it together, we would have blown them out.

Even more striking is the gap between head coaches. Stoops is the 14th best in the SEC and it's not even close. 19-30 after 4 years is only a couple percentage points ahead of Croom's mark after 4 years, and Stoops has faced much easier schedules in the East.

Exactly. How can anyone compare a QB going against our stank ass defense last season.

lamont
01-16-2017, 01:43 PM

Kentucky is returning 2 QB's that have won football games. They will be fine next season. They will be better upfront- and we know the SEC is a LOS league. Return 9/10 on the OL and 6 of 8 on the DL. Stoops is finally recruiting better. They are even ahead of us right now in this Feb's rankings.

They will be solid next year and should challenge for that 3rd spot in the East

Bully13
01-16-2017, 01:55 PM
KY did indeed flat out ass rape our defense last year and we were lucky the score wasn't lop sided.

BB30
01-16-2017, 02:07 PM
Kentucky is returning 2 QB's that have won football games. They will be fine next season. They will be better upfront- and we know the SEC is a LOS league. Return 9/10 on the OL and 6 of 8 on the DL. Stoops is finally recruiting better. They are even ahead of us right now in this Feb's rankings.

They will be solid next year and should challenge for that 3rd spot in the East

Anyone with a pulse would challenge for the 3rd spot in the East. I think we are pretty even across the board except at QB, We have a definite advantage there. Stoops has recruited about on par with us the last 2-3 years. Being at home I think we win it but would not surprise me if we get beat.

lamont
01-16-2017, 02:34 PM
Anyone with a pulse would challenge for the 3rd spot in the East. I think we are pretty even across the board except at QB, We have a definite advantage there. Stoops has recruited about on par with us the last 2-3 years. Being at home I think we win it but would not surprise me if we get beat.

We have the edge at QB...they have the edge on the OL. RB and WR probably a wash. Both teams need to get better on D. We're at home so we need to take it- but it should be a good game

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-16-2017, 04:12 PM
KY did indeed flat out ass rape our defense last year and we were lucky the score wasn't lop sided.

Couldn't that have been said about a lot of the teams we played? I mean Samford racked up over 600 yards for goodness sake.