PDA

View Full Version : Fox Channel out in Columbus?

Bob Sacamano
01-15-2017, 02:10 PM
Does anyone know what's going on with Fox in the Columbus area with CableOne? I'm panicking I'm going to miss the game.

It's been out since last night and I can't get a straight answer from tech support, other than going to a bar to watch the game.

Is there anyway to stream the game via Apple TV?

Mjoelner34
01-15-2017, 02:11 PM
It's working on DTV. If its still off closer to game time, you might could run to wally world and pick up an antenna.

TheRef
01-15-2017, 02:11 PM
Does anyone know what's going on with Fox in the Columbus area with CableOne? I'm panicking I'm going to miss the game.

It's been out since last night and I can't get a straight answer from tech support, other than going to a bar to watch the game.

Is there anyway to stream the game via Apple TV?

I've heard it's turned into a shitshow over there.

stalkingpoon
01-15-2017, 02:41 PM
I've heard it's turned into a shitshow over there.

Wlov transmitter is down. Don't expect to get the game. Download fox sports go and log in with your cable account. Should be able to watch there.

Bob Sacamano
01-15-2017, 02:50 PM
can you do this with Apple TV?

Am I safe to assume an antenna would be useless as well?

RougeDawg
01-15-2017, 02:52 PM
Was going to recommend a HD antenna but if transmitter is down that probably won't work. What is the next closest Fox affiliate. Was mart may have some 80-150 mile antennas in stock. Was looking at some on Amazon last night because the tv signals were weak at hunting camp for some reason. Need to beef it up.

stalkingpoon
01-15-2017, 03:02 PM
Was going to recommend a HD antenna but if transmitter is down that probably won't work. What is the next closest Fox affiliate. Was mart may have some 80-150 mile antennas in stock. Was looking at some on Amazon last night because the tv signals were weak at hunting camp for some reason. Need to beef it up.

Antenna is down. Gotta use the fox sports app should work with apple TV, roku, chromecast. I'm not sure. Maybe Tuscaloosa

shannondawg
01-15-2017, 03:10 PM
Its working on Directv.

RocketDawg
01-15-2017, 03:11 PM
Antenna is down. Gotta use the fox sports app should work with apple TV, roku, chromecast. I'm not sure. Maybe Tuscaloosa

Pretty sure Tuscaloosa doesn't have a Fox station ... I think they use the Birmingham one, which might be pretty hard to pick up in Columbus. The FoxGo app may be the best way to go.

HereComesTheSpiral
01-15-2017, 03:24 PM
Working on Dish. All else fails you have an excuse to spend the afternoon at the bar.

stalkingpoon
01-15-2017, 04:03 PM
If no other options work heres the link to it streaming. https://www.reddit.com/r/nflstreams/comments/5o69af/cowboys_vs_packers_0440_pm_et/ Just be sure to have an ad blocker installed when clicking those links.

SailingDawg
01-15-2017, 05:04 PM
Local channel owners are monopolizing their respective areas. When I was young (in Columbus where i grew up, for example), Columbus TV Cable had WCBI with CBS as the local channel, NBC on WTVA out of Tupelo, and ABC on Birmingham. Now whoever owns WTVA has the Fox affiliate and I don't recall what else. WCBI has been sold to someone up north.

Same on the coast: Whoever owns WLOX representing ABC now has a FOX and CBS channel. Good for local antenna users, but monopolizes the area. Small-time groups don't have the resources to maintain the their transmissions.

SailingDawg
01-15-2017, 05:07 PM
If no other options work heres the link to it streaming. https://www.reddit.com/r/nflstreams/comments/5o69af/cowboys_vs_packers_0440_pm_et/ Just be sure to have an ad blocker installed when clicking those links.

Is Twitter broadcasting again?

Statecoachingblows**
01-15-2017, 05:42 PM
You aren't missing much...unless you're a packers fan