PDA

View Full Version : Another great article on Dak to prime you for the game today

Reason2succeed
01-15-2017, 07:20 AM
http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cowboys/post/_/id/4757649/dak-prescott-credits-his-rise-to-the-cowboys-village

In this episode of the superhero saga Dak shows his incredible humility by accrediting his success to all the people in QB room. Obviously this is to further endear him to Romo and help him find another job next year but also helps all of the guys wherever they are in their profession to have the best rookie QB since Big Ben give them props.

Of course the reporter ran with the story and got quotes from all of the coaches and QBs and it shine some more light on the development of Dak like taking the snap.

I can't believe I'm about to say this because I HATE the cowboys. But go Dak! I hope they beat the Packers and he moves closer to football immortality.

RougeDawg
01-15-2017, 08:00 AM
http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cowboys/post/_/id/4757649/dak-prescott-credits-his-rise-to-the-cowboys-village

In this episode of the superhero saga Dak shows his incredible humility by accrediting his success to all the people in QB room. Obviously this is to further endear him to Romo and help him find another job next year but also helps all of the guys wherever they are in their profession to have the best rookie QB since Big Ben give them props.

Of course the reporter ran with the story and got quotes from all of the coaches and QBs and it shine some more light on the development of Dak like taking the snap.

I can't believe I'm about to say this because I HATE the cowboys. But go Dak! I hope they beat the Packers and he moves closer to football immortality.

I'm with you as I used to previously hate the Cowboys with a passion. That was before this year, and things started turning when Dak went there but he wasn't everything. I had a different, inaccurate, and just about wrong impression of Jerry Jones. Yes he sometimes comes across as an asshole who speaks out of line, but reading more this year about the things he does for his players and the local community has started changing my opinion. Had it not been for Dak I would not have read all of these Cowboys articles this year and gained a better knowledge of the man.

SaintDawg
01-15-2017, 08:59 AM
I'm with you as I used to previously hate the Cowboys with a passion. That was before this year, and things started turning when Dak went there but he wasn't everything. I had a different, inaccurate, and just about wrong impression of Jerry Jones. Yes he sometimes comes across as an asshole who speaks out of line, but reading more this year about the things he does for his players and the local community has started changing my opinion. Had it not been for Dak I would not have read all of these Cowboys articles this year and gained a better knowledge of the man.

You and me both. Im a dyed-in-the-wool Saints fan. Always will be, but Dak has made me a fan of a team that I once loathed. I see them differently now, as do you. One player did that. Our player.

ShotgunDawg
01-15-2017, 09:05 AM

Very good points.

I've been following the Cowboys closely for years now, & Jerry is awesome. He has his faults, but he's got a huge heart, is ultra-accessible, & does everything to make the Cowboys brand bigger.

If you want to understand the frustrating part of Jerry, just think of him as a "Carnival Barker". Jerry puts promoting the Cowboys over being a good guy, and, due to that, will stir up controversy at times as a way to promote his team. He's not different than the shirtless man at the fair yelling at you to come see the bearded lady. The Cowboys players are informed by Jerry to listen to nothing he says & just to listen to the coaches.

He really only does this in the dog-days of the season. Once it's nut cutting time, he is the most supportive, smart, simpleton of our time. He's one of the best owners in sports.

RougeDawg
01-15-2017, 10:00 AM
Very good points.

I've been following the Cowboys closely for years now, & Jerry is awesome. He has his faults, but he's got a huge heart, is ultra-accessible, & does everything to make the Cowboys brand bigger.

If you want to understand the frustrating part of Jerry, just think of him as a "Carnival Barker". Jerry puts promoting the Cowboys over being a good guy, and, due to that, will stir up controversy at times as a way to promote his team. He's not different than the shirtless man at the fair yelling at you to come see the bearded lady. The Cowboys players are informed by Jerry to listen to nothing he says & just to listen to the coaches.

He really only does this in the dog-days of the season. Once it's nut cutting time, he is the most supportive, smart, simpleton of our time. He's one of the best owners in sports.

My thought evolution on Jerry is what is wrong with most of the nation today. We form our impressions on the limited amount of info the media feeds us to create our thoughts, and we form an inaccurate understanding of said topic. That's why I typically research heavily, things regarding history and politics. Jerry Jones never had my attention until this year.

smootness
01-15-2017, 10:14 AM
I'm a Falcons fan here in Atlanta, but you better believe I'll be rooting for Dallas next week if they win today. Dak in the Super Bowl as a rookie would be the best thing to ever happen to our program.

DancingRabbit
01-15-2017, 11:06 AM
I've always been a Cowboys fan, so this season has been like a wonderful dream so far. I had mixed feelings about where I wanted Dak to end up before the draft. The Dallas QB is about the most visible role in all of sports. If you're not perfect, the media and fans can be brutal. I thought Dak might be better off going to KC and developing over a few years with Alex Smith and Andy Reid.

I was never a Jerry Jones hater except for one area - the draft and personnel. Finally it appears that over the last several years Jason Garrett and Stephen Jones have gained control of personnel and the talent level across the board has turned around.

I loved Tom Landry but Jerry gets a raw deal for how that transition went. During the team sale Jerry told Bum Bright and Tex Schramm that he would be bringing in Jimmy Johnson and it would be more appropriate for them to oversee Tom's retirement announcement. Tom wasn't ready to retire and they left the dirty work to Jerry.

Dak is a great person, so a lot of his humility and building others up comes natural. But he has quickly become a master of "coach speak". He comes across as so mature and always says the right things. I suspect Jason Garrett has helped with some Crash Davis-like lessons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeVca9MwDX8

I seen it dawg
01-15-2017, 12:24 PM
Meh as much as I love that movie Dak was doing this in interviews before Garrett got him. He's just pushed more into the limelight now obviously.

starkvegasdawg
01-15-2017, 12:37 PM
I'm a Falcons fan here in Atlanta, but you better believe I'll be rooting for Dallas next week if they win today. Dak in the Super Bowl as a rookie would be the best thing to ever happen to our program.

Falcon fan my whole life. No way I'll be able to root against either team should they play next week. Whatever the outcome I'll be happy and sad at the same time.

smootness
01-15-2017, 12:51 PM
Falcon fan my whole life. No way I'll be able to root against either team should they play next week. Whatever the outcome I'll be happy and sad at the same time.

It would definitely be a no-lose, but my Mississippi State blood runs thicker. Also, I grew up a Cowboys fan before moving to Atlanta.