PDA

View Full Version : Big lineup

msstate7
01-14-2017, 05:40 PM
Has been really good to us, but we have to find a way to get kegler going. In the 3 games since the change, kegler has shot 5/19 and 2/9 from 3. Any idea what's up with Mario? If he can get going, watch out.

Holman and Herard are playing well though. Really like these 2 on the court together

klong-dog
01-14-2017, 05:49 PM
Needs to take it to the rim more. Still settles alil much on the 18-21 footer. Stay in the paint more and crash boards offensively and defensively, would be a tremendous help for this team.

MaxedOutMaroon
01-14-2017, 06:36 PM
Needs to take it to the rim more. Still settles alil much on the 18-21 footer. Stay in the paint more and crash boards offensively and defensively, would be a tremendous help for this team.

Yep. Aggressiveness is his issue. He need to penetrate then finish or kick out. No reason, he can't be a 10/5/5 player right now.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-14-2017, 07:24 PM
10/5/5?? What's that last 5? I know not assists only 2 guys in the SEC avg 5assts a game. Moving Mario to the 3 has pushed him more to the perimeter bc we have 2 bigs on the court now. He also doesn't have a great handle or athleticism to beat SEC 3's off the dribble. This is why I said his best spot is the stretch 4. He just has to keep shooting bc they'll eventually fall.

msstate7
01-14-2017, 07:34 PM
10/5/5?? What's that last 5? I know not assists only 2 guys in the SEC avg 5assts a game. Moving Mario to the 3 has pushed him more to the perimeter bc we have 2 bigs on the court now. He also doesn't have a great handle or athleticism to beat SEC 3's off the dribble. This is why I said his best spot is the stretch 4. He just has to keep shooting bc they'll eventually fall.

Wonder if kegler and Stapleton's mins were more equal if we would be a better team. Stapleton just appears to be much more explosive

Covercorner2
01-14-2017, 07:35 PM
Kegler is a 3, and the emergence of Herard has allowed us to play him there. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Also allows Q to play on the perimeter at the 2 and Holman to play the stretch 4. Their natural positions.

Covercorner2
01-14-2017, 07:36 PM
Wonder if kegler and Stapleton's mins were more equal if we would be a better team. Stapleton just appears to be much more explosive

Stapleton just seems like that kinda glue guy that is better served coming off the bench, especially when considering his injury history.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-14-2017, 07:55 PM

Stapleton is on a minutes restriction. They're not going to push him too hard.

Dawg61
01-14-2017, 07:56 PM

Hmmm sounds familiar like something I said 3 weeks ago. Where's Dudy to call you an idiot now? Dudy...anyone....Dudy? Must be hanging with Engie and Brad Stevens.

Dawg61
01-14-2017, 07:59 PM
This is why I said his best spot is the stretch 4.

We are much better as a team when he is playing the 3 and his rebounds and assists don't seem to be falling off much at all from the 3 position.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-14-2017, 08:51 PM
We are much better as a team when he is playing the 3 and his rebounds and assists don't seem to be falling off much at all from the 3 position.

Oh I don't disagree with that at all. I was just speaking from his offense. He's also played pretty decent defense on the wing so far.

MaxedOutMaroon
01-14-2017, 08:56 PM

It was more of a point than an actual prediction of a stat. He did have 5 assists against Ark, so it's not a super far reach for him to up his assists.

Dawg61
01-14-2017, 10:14 PM
Oh I don't disagree with that at all. I was just speaking from his offense. He's also played pretty decent defense on the wing so far.

Million dollar question is does Kegler even know the difference in the two positions himself? He seems like the type that is going to play how he plays no matter what. Someone in his ear telling him he needs to be playing the 4 that isn't an MSU coach?

DanDority
01-14-2017, 10:19 PM
Sorry, what is the situation with Joe Strugg?

Dawg61
01-14-2017, 10:21 PM
Sorry, what is the situation with Joe Strugg?

His spot is already claimed next year. Let the 86 run its cycle.

drunkernhelldawg
01-14-2017, 10:29 PM
Yep. Aggressiveness is his issue. He need to penetrate then finish or kick out. No reason, he can't be a 10/5/5 player right now.

I feel like he's working toward it. Getting comfortable on positioning, etc. That's anotehr great thing about this team. It's only going to get better.

DanDority
01-14-2017, 11:27 PM
His spot is already claimed next year. Let the 86 run its cycle.

Has he left the team, or no longer on the team?????

Steakonastick
01-15-2017, 10:39 AM
He's still on the team. But I'm 99 percent sure he will transfer after the season.

Ari Gold
01-15-2017, 11:18 AM
He is a freshman.. Everyone just chill out about Kelgler. The game will start to slow down a little for him. Just like it's doing for Herard.

DanDority
01-15-2017, 11:40 AM
Thank you Steadonastick.

Political Hack
01-15-2017, 12:00 PM

He's a hi-post/low-post player at the 4, for sure. Would be nice to see us find a way to get the ball in his hands, in space inside the lane. Plenty of teams do that with their 3/4 and we could too, but it's hard to justify running a new offensive scheme just for him when we're playing so well right now.

He just needs to work on his ball handling a good but. He's a good shooter and passer, but he needs to be better attacking off the dribble. He's just not a natural slasher.