PDA

View Full Version : Atmosphere hasn't improved

Will James
09-07-2013, 02:54 PM
100% commercials.

No hype music. Pretty pathetic Stricklin.

ScoobaDawg
09-07-2013, 03:02 PM
You want commercials before the game or during? Scott mentioned they would front load commercials and have less later

sbcmortgageman
09-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Damn man just try and have fun.

dawg21
09-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Fire strickindz

Will James
09-07-2013, 03:41 PM
Wanna know why the student section clears out like currently happening. This is why. It's a problem, to me a big one.

Jack Lambert
09-07-2013, 05:52 PM
The student section cleared out because they had legg and beer on their minds not a 52 to 7 score.

CadaverDawg
09-07-2013, 05:54 PM
The student section cleared out because they had legg and beer on their minds not a 52 to 7 score.

51.......****ing Devon Bell*

ScoobaDawg
09-07-2013, 06:03 PM

EXACTLY... Not to mention it was ALCORN STATE. But the fact remains our students wouldn't stay if we were beating LSU 51-7
Has nothing to do with a couple commercials and music. It has to do with the score and having something they consider more entertaining elsewhere. IE the bar or frat house

Will James
09-07-2013, 06:16 PM
They were out halfway through the 2nd qtr. Sorry if y'all disagree but I don't like commercials ALL THE TIME with hype music lasting 5 seconds before play resumes. Nobody else sucks the air out of a crowd like us. Somebody mentioned getting the band to do things on certain downs like LSU/Bama. Great idea. Bama does not play made for TV commercials. Our video board usage is horrible. Y'all may disagree and not think its a big deal but it is. We have issues keeping students in games. SEC games.

AROB44
09-07-2013, 06:18 PM
There have always been issues with the students. Worst student body in the SEC.....bar none.

Big4Dawg
09-07-2013, 06:42 PM
There have always been issues with the students. Worst student body in the SEC.....bar none.

Maybe if you had assigned seats or fraternity sections, students wouldn't have to go in 2 hours before to get a seat.

Will James
09-07-2013, 06:43 PM

And we do nothing to help fix it. Lets try to think about an in game experience to a blind student. The football is football which is great. But getting the fans excited, especially students, and keeping them in it is not prioritized at all. Any crowd momentum is sucked away by CSpire, Bullock Toyota, and "Buy me a Mercedes Benz" commercials and dead silence until 6 seconds before snap we get a beat to get students up but they don't. Because they've gotten their energy sucked away by Scott Stricklin.

This is a major issue for me obviously. It just plain sucks never getting loud anymore.

MidTNDawg
09-07-2013, 06:48 PM
So today's students don't go to the game for the game. I know I am old but good grief.

archdog
09-07-2013, 07:28 PM
Boom. 17 frats saving seats. It sucks it takes so much time to do your hair prior to the game. But I always sat exactly where they were saving seats on purpose everygame for 5 years.

BrunswickDawg
09-07-2013, 07:30 PM
Student sections suck at all schools unless it is a big game. Period. Georgia's students are so bad about not even showing up they reduced the number of student tickets. Think about that - a school with 30,000+ students can't fill a 12,000 seat student section.

And they always leave early, everywhere, when it is a bad opponent. I was at an Auburn game when Bo Jackson ran all over USM - and the students all left in the third quarter. Hell - I left two of my first three games (blow out of Cal St. Fullerton and Tulane) at State to go drink and chase tail - because that is what every red blooded American student section does when you blow out a team you are SUPPOSED TO BEAT!

Where's the Tylenol.....

ScoobaDawg
09-07-2013, 07:38 PM
They were out halfway through the 2nd qtr. Sorry if y'all disagree but I don't like commercials ALL THE TIME with hype music lasting 5 seconds before play resumes. Nobody else sucks the air out of a crowd like us. Somebody mentioned getting the band to do things on certain downs like LSU/Bama. Great idea. Bama does not play made for TV commercials. Our video board usage is horrible. Y'all may disagree and not think its a big deal but it is. We have issues keeping students in games. SEC games.

You mean they left when we were up 28-0 or even 34-0 on a FCS SWAC Team? Its not a surprise or problem. OMG the commercials are causing the students to not be interested...Seriously Will. I think you should go to more away games and you will see its not that different.

Bo Darville
09-07-2013, 07:42 PM
We should fire Stricklin and hire the current AD at Sacred Heart University to replace him. That would be fun.

Will James
09-07-2013, 07:48 PM
You mean they left when we were up 28-0 or even 34-0 on a FCS SWAC Team? Its not a surprise or problem. OMG the commercials are causing the students to not be interested...Seriously Will. I think you should go to more away games and you will see its not that different.

I do. 2-3 a year. It's not the students leaving that is my problem. **** them. It's the atmosphere for everyone. At other stadiums it is NOT like how we use timeouts, TV commercial time, etc. We suck at keeping the crowd amped. It contributes to our ghey student section leaving but even when they stick around (for the most part) in big games the atmosphere we create still fails. Commercials and dead air suck. Bama doesn't do this, LSU doesn't, nobody does. Just our fundraising LT AD.

Stop the commercials. Keep all the fans amped. We will be needing to fill more seats next season and the best way is to keep winning and give fans an experience that they enjoy and want to spend a day traveling spending money to do. They can watch all the commercials they want on their couch. Not at the game EVERY BREAK IN THE GAME

Ghost of Hank Flick
09-07-2013, 07:49 PM
We were up 37-0 at halftime, the Georgia/South Carolina game was on, and every one of them had the swamp ass from having to sit on the east side. I'll give them a pass for leaving early. If it was a SEC game, then no.

Hotdawg66
09-07-2013, 08:09 PM
UGA is just as bad about not pumping up the stadium as well. Once in a while they may play a song and the place goes nuts,,,then they stop

Vandelaydawg
09-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Wanna know why the student section clears out like currently happening. This is why. It's a problem, to me a big one.

did you really chime in to complain about atmosphere from the scrimmage today? please stick to bunting takes and spare the rest of us. you really are beyond comprehension.

Drugdog
09-07-2013, 08:13 PM
Curious :
There can't be that much $ for these commercials because most are local companies. Geez we get 36 mill a year from conference.
How about NO DAMN Commercials, just kick ass music.

Seriously we should need that little bit of money.

ScoobaDawg
09-07-2013, 08:18 PM
I do. 2-3 a year. It's not the students leaving that is my problem. **** them. It's the atmosphere for everyone. At other stadiums it is NOT like how we use timeouts, TV commercial time, etc. We suck at keeping the crowd amped. It contributes to our ghey student section leaving but even when they stick around (for the most part) in big games the atmosphere we create still fails. Commercials and dead air suck. Bama doesn't do this, LSU doesn't, nobody does. Just our fundraising LT AD.

Stop the commercials. Keep all the fans amped. We will be needing to fill more seats next season and the best way is to keep winning and give fans an experience that they enjoy and want to spend a day traveling spending money to do. They can watch all the commercials they want on their couch. Not at the game EVERY BREAK IN THE GAME

Both those schools you just referenced have double the budgets we do, we got that big scoreboard you like by having it financed by those commercials you complain about. you want them to go, start writing the big checks to make up the difference.
If our boosters can't do that..then what YOU CAN DO and do as loud and vocal as you can to keep everyone around you in the game yourself.

FlabLoser
09-07-2013, 08:20 PM
100% commercials.

No hype music. Pretty pathetic Stricklin.

What game did you go to?

Commercials pre-game, shorter commercials, commercials ending well before timeouts, timeouts without commercials. fewer 2nd half commercials.

The atmosphere was 10x better.

Vandelaydawg
09-07-2013, 08:45 PM
What game did you go to?

Commercials pre-game, shorter commercials, commercials ending well before timeouts, timeouts without commercials. fewer 2nd half commercials.

WJ post @ 2:54. What's more pathetic...from Davis Wade or mama's basement?

sbcmortgageman
09-07-2013, 08:49 PM
Will no offense, but you're gunna find something to bitch about in every sport. At least you can't complain about cups now.

Will James
09-07-2013, 08:49 PM
What game did you go to?

I disagree with this assessment. There were commercials all the time. Just like all year last year. The amp you up music came in the last 5 seconds before play resumed and only then. Not during the timeout, because obviously the commercials were going.

Drugdog is right, we need SILENT ads with music going on. Flash their business up there but we don't need the made for tv commercials. Anybody that remembers Arkansas 2010 will remember the kind of atmosphere that I want us to emulate.

DownwardDawg
09-07-2013, 08:50 PM
When I was a student in JWS's 1st year, we beat Cal State Fullerton 48-0 or something like that. I watched every 17'n play. Those blowouts are few and far between.

Will James
09-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Will no offense, but you're gunna find something to bitch about in every sport. At least you can't complain about cups now.

I want an awesome atmosphere. Oh the humanity.

gravedigger
09-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Bullshit.

PassInterference
09-07-2013, 09:02 PM
When I was a student in JWS's 1st year, we beat Cal State Fullerton 48-0 or something like that. I watched every 17'n play. Those blowouts are few and far between.

Same here. Sherrill would hang half a hundred on somebody and folks hung around to watch. Of course it wasn't 93 degree heat either. Thanks Scott!

hailmari
09-07-2013, 09:03 PM
Students having to get there two hours early for a good seat is a big factor, especially when it's hot as balls like today. I ran out of sweat by the second quarter.

But the commercials do not help. Music isn't utilized properly because they just have to get in some stupid recognition thing or an overplayed ad.

Also, students, slow down on the chants! You rush em.

PassInterference
09-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Well next year they won't have to worry about getting a good seat. They'll all be in the endzone.

sbcmortgageman
09-07-2013, 09:09 PM
I want an awesome atmosphere. Oh the humanity.

It is a good atmosphere. BTW it was Alcorn. Don't expect much.

ScoobaDawg
09-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Same here. Sherrill would hang half a hundred on somebody and folks hung around to watch. Of course it wasn't 93 degree heat either. Thanks Scott!

You do know todays game time was thanks to TV correct?
Not everything is Scotts decision.

maroonmania
09-07-2013, 10:16 PM
It is a good atmosphere. BTW it was Alcorn. Don't expect much.

Plus it was hot as hell. Today was not a day to bitch about ANYONE leaving early.