PDA

View Full Version : Two games no fans in the area can miss soon

TheRef
01-14-2017, 03:53 PM
Monday: The women go for the best start in school history of 19-0 vs Howdie Doody and the Lady RebelBearSharks. Gotta have the place packed for that to watch him cry and complain all night.

Tuesday: Kentucky comes into town for a nationally televised game on ESPN. We are red hot right now riding a 3 game win streak, let's make it a 4-game win streak on Tuesday against Kentucky.

Get your butts to the Hump if at all possible. No excuses now. You've got to make it if you're within a comfortable driving distance.

Mutt the Hoople
01-14-2017, 04:04 PM
The cheating Girl-Rebs? You mean the whole cause of the massive 4 year NCAA Investigation in Oxford?

iPat09
01-14-2017, 04:09 PM
"Howland: We've got to do something about tickets, letting us know if you aren't coming, put a student in there. Says he talked to Cohen."

Per Bulldog Sports Radio on twitter.

RocketDawg
01-14-2017, 04:16 PM
The cheating Girl-Rebs? You mean the whole cause of the massive 4 year NCAA Investigation in Oxford?

Is Eddie Munster still their coach?

TheRef
01-14-2017, 04:19 PM
Is Eddie Munster still their coach?

Yupp.

fader2103
01-14-2017, 04:26 PM
Yea if I could of gotten a season ticket holder's ticket and paid face value I'd be happy.

RocketDawg
01-14-2017, 04:28 PM
Yupp.

They somehow beat Tennessee a few days ago. Not sure how that happened, but they won't be a pushover, even on probation (I assume they are).

BeardoMSU
01-14-2017, 04:29 PM
"Howland: We've got to do something about tickets, letting us know if you aren't coming, put a student in there. Says he talked to Cohen."

Good for him.

Dawg61
01-14-2017, 04:32 PM

Already told y'all how to do it, do I need to call Cohen myself?

fader2103
01-14-2017, 04:40 PM
Already told y'all how to do it, do I need to call Cohen myself?

I must of missed how u think. Can u explain it again

Dawg61
01-14-2017, 04:49 PM
I must of missed how u think. Can u explain it again

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?52147-Bonner-just-did-a-hit-piece-on-Hump-attendance&highlight=hump

ScoobaDawg
01-14-2017, 05:16 PM
Your ideas are dumb for many reasons.
First off. you blame Scott, then say John could fix it before the next game if he wanted. BULLSHIT, what are you gonna do mid-season to force people to come to a game they have a ticket to and don't choose to come.

You then go on to say there would be thousands more at the game if there was a way to get tickets to resell if they aren't coming.
Did we have a hard sellout to games i didn't know about? NO. Noone is getting turned away from a game because tickets aren't available. So until we have sellouts and people CAN'T GET A TICKET you have nothing to stand on.
Next, what you are proposing, a system to let people give tickets back for the school to resell has been tried before by MSU it didn't work. The box office has enough work to do already than trying to take on the resell market by trying to get tickets back and resell them.

Yes it doesn't look good when there are big patches of empty behind the benches. Those are the money seats. It's gonna take a little more than a 2 game winning streak to get some of those people back. The team needs to worry about their play and the crowds will come to support.

Can things be done better? Can a secondary market exchange work? Possible.
But it's not a priority when we aren't Selling out the hump as is.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-15-2017, 01:23 AM
I think ole Howdy Doody has a "technical foul in the Hump" streak on the line Monday as well. Also, I wonder if the "Reb-Necks" will make the trip?

MarketingBully
01-15-2017, 04:28 AM
First off. you blame Scott, then say John could fix it before the next game if he wanted. BULLSHIT, what are you gonna do mid-season to force people to come to a game they have a ticket to and don't choose to come.

You then go on to say there would be thousands more at the game if there was a way to get tickets to resell if they aren't coming.
Did we have a hard sellout to games i didn't know about? NO. Noone is getting turned away from a game because tickets aren't available. So until we have sellouts and people CAN'T GET A TICKET you have nothing to stand on.
Next, what you are proposing, a system to let people give tickets back for the school to resell has been tried before by MSU it didn't work. The box office has enough work to do already than trying to take on the resell market by trying to get tickets back and resell them.

Yes it doesn't look good when there are big patches of empty behind the benches. Those are the money seats. It's gonna take a little more than a 2 game winning streak to get some of those people back. The team needs to worry about their play and the crowds will come to support.

But it's not a priority when we aren't Selling out the hump as is.

Actually Scooba, his ideas IMO are not bad and we may end up going with something similar next year. The empty seats were all season ticket holder spots. I bet students get moved back to where they were or something similar. We aren't dealing with Loafers anymore. Cohen wants us to have a great atmosphere at the Hump and I bet Coach Howland and John Cohen take the necessary steps to make sure that happens. This I know for sure. Something will happen and I doubt you see this shit where the season ticket holder spots go vacant like this moving forward.

MarketingBully
01-15-2017, 04:29 AM
1,500 of the empty seats today were season ticket holders that didn't even try to sell their tickets. So in essence Scooba, you are incorrect there.

RougeDawg
01-15-2017, 08:13 AM
So let's bitch about the people pumping the most money into the program and university, even though the shit years, because they didn't(or haven't) shown up. Let's take a step back and analyze that statement and thenentirr last 8 years before casting a stone in a glass house.

Why weren't you all here bashing people for not filling the hump during the RR experiment? I'm sure the "atmosphere" could've helped those bad news bear teams win 14 instead of 11 in a season. You didn't because you could care less about going to the games, let alone extend yourself for season tickets.

Season ticket holders have every right to do what they wish with their tickets. After almost a half decade of complete shit, people change their December through March patterns and weekend activities. This includes driving 4-8 hour round trips to watch basketball. When you get out of the normal routine, it takes time to get back in it.

It's time to take a level headed approach to these things because the way everyone is approaching this reminds me of the Bearsharts having to halfass Bowl in their endzone with lawn chairs to add capacity because we passed them up. No thought process whatsoever and simply reacting on emotion. Keep winning and people will change their routines. Plain and simple.

RC3
01-15-2017, 08:46 AM
here's the thing. A lot of the people that have the big money seats do not care if their seat goes unused. And really won't go to any trouble whatsoever to sell the tickets to someone who doesn't give as much as them. Any program where those seat holders have to do anything whatsoever to get their unused tickets to someone else will not work

maroonmania
01-15-2017, 09:34 AM
So let's bitch about the people pumping the most money into the program and university, even though the shit years, because they didn't(or haven't) shown up. Let's take a step back and analyze that statement and thenentirr last 8 years before casting a stone in a glass house.

Why weren't you all here bashing people for not filling the hump during the RR experiment? I'm sure the "atmosphere" could've helped those bad news bear teams win 14 instead of 11 in a season. You didn't because you could care less about going to the games, let alone extend yourself for season tickets.

Season ticket holders have every right to do what they wish with their tickets. After almost a half decade of complete shit, people change their December through March patterns and weekend activities. This includes driving 4-8 hour round trips to watch basketball. When you get out of the normal routine, it takes time to get back in it.

It's time to take a level headed approach to these things because the way everyone is approaching this reminds me of the Bearsharts having to halfass Bowl in their endzone with lawn chairs to add capacity because we passed them up. No thought process whatsoever and simply reacting on emotion. Keep winning and people will change their routines. Plain and simple.

Well when the basketball product is garbage like it was under RR then I don't see how anyone can be blamed for not coming. But for yesterday, with the team on a roll and a good start time with some of the best January weather you will ever see, why would that many season ticket holders not come? Seriously, while its great that some big money folks are giving the money to the school required to purchase those season tickets they have, what are those people's motivation to do so if they never plan to come? Is it just trying to help the university? Is it to gain additional BDC points for other sports? Seems to me there is going to have to be a combination of MONEY and ATTENDANCE to determine a person's priority going forward relative to season tickets. A person who actually comes but gives a little less probably should get priority over someone who is just giving money but obviously has NO interest in supporting the basketball program through either coming OR getting their tickets in the hands of someone who will come.

RougeDawg
01-15-2017, 10:11 AM
Well when the basketball product is garbage like it was under RR then I don't see how anyone can be blamed for not coming. But for yesterday, with the team on a roll and a good start time with some of the best January weather you will ever see, why would that many season ticket holders not come? Seriously, while its great that some big money folks are giving the money to the school required to purchase those season tickets they have, what are those people's motivation to do so if they never plan to come? Is it just trying to help the university? Is it to gain additional BDC points for other sports? Seems to me there is going to have to be a combination of MONEY and ATTENDANCE to determine a person's priority going forward relative to season tickets. A person who actually comes but gives a little less probably should get priority over someone who is just giving money but obviously has NO interest in supporting the basketball program through either coming OR getting their tickets in the hands of someone who will come.

I'm going to guess you are under 30, because that's an entitled millennial mindset. That's like saying you should be paid the highest salary because you work more hours than someone else who brings more value to the organization. That's not real life and reality.

Please re read the portion of my post that describes routines and habits. These thing become more deeply entrained as one grows older. Why does this matter, you ask? Because the big money seat holders are typically up in age. They have gotten out of their "MSU Basketball" routines/habits over the last 6-8 years of suckage. As you grow older you take on more responsibility and have to choose more wisely how to spend your time. People have replaced MSU basketball with other activities over the last half decade and those have become their habits. It's human nature, andnif you take emotion (which your post has plenty) you might start to understand this.

The seats started emptying toward the end of the Stans era because people were sick of the same shit. They replaced MSU BBall with other things. This continued through the Male Cheerleader's RR experiment. It will take time to change the habits of these, typically older, high dollar donors. It's simply human nature, emotion removed.

MarketingBully
01-15-2017, 11:11 AM
Rouge, your post above is the most assinine thing I have ever heard period.

MarketingBully
01-15-2017, 11:17 AM
I also think that the ones that are arguing for the season ticket holders in this situation basketball is not their favorite sport because if it was they would see that some kind of compromise needs to be done for this issue. Luckily. Cohen and Howland don't share your same opinion and I think something will be done that will pack the Hump in the future.

RougeDawg
01-15-2017, 12:25 PM
Rouge, your post above is the most assinine thing I have ever heard period.

My post is asinine because of what? The fact that human beings develop habits over time? The fact that Stans shit toward the last 3-5 years and the RR experiment changed the habits of big money donors who just so happen to have basketball tickets? They were fed up and found other things to occupy their time. Those same people who keep and kept our programs afloat through all the shit years. It will take at least as half as long to get back to the 2000-2004 era hump, as it did to her to where we are today. You must also be a millennial if those thoughts go over your head.

What's asinine is your post without actually putting thought into it.

So this is what you want Cohen to do - Ok Donor X, since you didn't come to X games this basketball season we are giving your seats to Joe Schmoe who hasn't donated 1/1000th what you have donated, because he lives within an hour of campus, can attend more games, and is entitled to your unused, but paid for, seat. We are sorry you live 5 hours away and have had to endure all the shitty years the last half to full decade, while still donating handomly each year. Sorry, some entitled alum believes their want trumps your actual will and giving. Tough shit, try again next year Mr. X.

I assumed this old saying was common knowledge but observing young people these days common sense ain't so common anymore. "You don't bite the hand that feeds you!"

MarketingBully
01-15-2017, 12:34 PM
My post is asinine because of what? The fact that human beings develop habits over time? The fact that Stans shit toward the last 3-5 years and the RR experiment changed the habits of big money donors who just so happen to have basketball tickets? They were fed up and found other things to occupy their time. Those same people who keep and kept our programs afloat through all the shit years. It will take at least as half as long to get back to the 2000-2004 era hump, as it did to her to where we are today. You must also be a millennial if those thoughts go over your head.

So this is what you want Cohen to do - Ok Donor X, since you didn't come to X games this basketball season we are giving your seats to Joe Schmoe who hasn't donated 1/1000th what you have donated, because he lives within an hour of campus, can attend more games, and is entitled to your unused, but paid for, seat. We are sorry you live 5 hours away and have had to endure all the shitty years the last half to full decade, while still donating handomly each year. Sorry, some entitled alum believes their want trumps your actual will and giving. Tough shit, try again next year Mr. X.

I assumed this old saying was common knowledge but observing young people these days common sense ain't so common anymore. "You don't bite the hand that feeds you!"

Is basketball your favorite sport? If not, I don't think you have a dog in this hunt.

I seen it dawg
01-15-2017, 12:44 PM
Rouge we fight sometimes during baseball but you are taking some dumbass to the woodshed here. Love it.

TheRef
01-15-2017, 12:44 PM
Here's my opinion on the matter. I love the basketball program. Both of them. But I won't purchase season tickets because I know I won't be able to make it to over 50% of the games. If I do know I'll be able to make it to a game, I'll purchase a ticket. I think season tickets should be where if you can't make it to at least 50% of the games, you don't get them. I'm not even asking you to go to that many games. Just at least 50%. I'll take 50%. I've been a huge basketball fan my whole life. When I was a student, I went to every single game possible.

And before you go with the "you're just an entitled millennial" argument. Don't lump us all into the same pot here. I'm not asking you to give up your seats to a Joe Schmoe. But FFS, at least try to find a friend or something that will actually go to and enjoy your seats. When we have a nationally televised game, it looks bad to have a majority of our season ticket seats empty. It's about the responsibility to admit, "Hey. I still want to donate to the Bulldog Club, but I won't be able to make it to a majority of the games. So I'm going to relinquish my seats." And I understand that conditions change. That things change to make your life better or more difficult. I know a couple of people that had things come up to keep them from going to the game, and they were season ticket holders. But the current thing that we have going is not working. If it happens again on Tuesday, then something seriously needs to be addressed because it's an issue. It's not just happening at Mississippi State, it's happening across the country with some of the powerhouse teams.

MarketingBully
01-15-2017, 12:45 PM
Let me put it another way. What if this were football and the season ticket holders who had bought their tickets weren't showing up for the games and just leaving huge swaths of empty seats everywhere? Do you think something should be done about that? Yes, of course you would.

iPat09
01-15-2017, 12:46 PM
When games are being played, the only thing that matters is having butts in seats. Recruits and players don't look at empty seats and think, well at least they gave a lot of money. They look at empty seats and see empty seats. I think if someone has season tickets and doesn't use X amount of them, then they go up for grabs the next year. If people still want to give the money to the school or improve their BDC number, then let them, but having tickets go unused shouldn't be part of that. IMO, too much emphasis has been put on donations. If you want to donate, donate. If you want to buy season tickets because you actually want to go to games that year, then buy season tickets. If they really did get into new habits besides going to games, they wouldn't be worried about having season tickets anymore, and they shouldn't be holding on to them because they "might" want to go again sometime in the future. Give them to people who want to go now, who will be in the Hump and make it a difficult place to play. If you don't come, you shouldn't have tickets. That's my opinion.

MarketingBully
01-15-2017, 12:47 PM
Here's my opinion on the matter. I love the basketball program. Both of them. But I won't purchase season tickets because I know I won't be able to make it to over 50% of the games. If I do know I'll be able to make it to a game, I'll purchase a ticket. I think season tickets should be where if you can't make it to at least 50% of the games, you don't get them. I'm not even asking you to go to that many games. Just at least 50%. I'll take 50%. I've been a huge basketball fan my whole life. When I was a student, I went to every single game possible.

And before you go with the "you're just an entitled millennial" argument. Don't lump us all into the same pot here. I'm not asking you to give up your seats to a Joe Schmoe. But FFS, at least try to find a friend or something that will actually go to and enjoy your seats. When we have a nationally televised game, it looks bad to have a majority of our season ticket seats empty. It's about the responsibility to admit, "Hey. I still want to donate to the Bulldog Club, but I won't be able to make it to a majority of the games. So I'm going to relinquish my seats." And I understand that conditions change. That things change to make your life better or more difficult. I know a couple of people that had things come up to keep them from going to the game, and they were season ticket holders. But the current thing that we have going is not working. If it happens again on Tuesday, then something seriously needs to be addressed because it's an issue. It's not just happening at Mississippi State, it's happening across the country with some of the powerhouse teams.

Great post Ref and I 100% agree with this.

MarketingBully
01-15-2017, 12:50 PM
When games are being played, the only thing that matters is having butts in seats. Recruits and players don't look at empty seats and think, well at least they gave a lot of money. They look at empty seats and see empty seats. I think if someone has season tickets and doesn't use X amount of them, then they go up for grabs the next year. If people still want to give the money to the school or improve their BDC number, then let them, but having tickets go unused shouldn't be part of that. IMO, too much emphasis has been put on donations. If you want to donate, donate. If you want to buy season tickets because you actually want to go to games that year, then buy season tickets. If they really did get into new habits besides going to games, they wouldn't be worried about having season tickets anymore, and they shouldn't be holding on to them because they "might" want to go again sometime in the future. Give them to people who want to go now, who will be in the Hump and make it a difficult place to play. If you don't come, you shouldn't have tickets. That's my opinion.

Excellent post as well!

MarketingBully
01-15-2017, 12:51 PM
Rouge we fight sometimes during baseball but you are taking some dumbass to the woodshed here. Love it.

Yep, if you consider Humuckle arguments taking people to the woodshed, then he is doing that...

I seen it dawg
01-15-2017, 12:55 PM
Yep, if you consider Humuckle arguments taking people to the woodshed, then he is doing that...

Yeah I don't know what that is

maroonmania
01-15-2017, 02:47 PM
I'm going to guess you are under 30, because that's an entitled millennial mindset. That's like saying you should be paid the highest salary because you work more hours than someone else who brings more value to the organization. That's not real life and reality.

Please re read the portion of my post that describes routines and habits. These thing become more deeply entrained as one grows older. Why does this matter, you ask? Because the big money seat holders are typically up in age. They have gotten out of their "MSU Basketball" routines/habits over the last 6-8 years of suckage. As you grow older you take on more responsibility and have to choose more wisely how to spend your time. People have replaced MSU basketball with other activities over the last half decade and those have become their habits. It's human nature, andnif you take emotion (which your post has plenty) you might start to understand this.

The seats started emptying toward the end of the Stans era because people were sick of the same shit. They replaced MSU BBall with other things. This continued through the Male Cheerleader's RR experiment. It will take time to change the habits of these, typically older, high dollar donors. It's simply human nature, emotion removed.

Good grief, hate even the effort to respond to such a post. Both your assumptions and analogies are off. I'm certainly no millennial as my freshman year at MSU was the same year that Clark and Palmeiro were freshmen. Also, the workplace and college sports are 2 different animals. Obviously, money contributions in college sports are a major factor in supporting the program but its not the only way. Being at games is also another important way because you can have all the money in the world to run a program and pay coaches but if you don't have an enticing environment for a kid to play in then recruiting will still suck. Only point I made was that it seems smart to have attendance to be a factor in ticket purchasing priority as well, especially for basketball where there is a bigger home court advantage than any other sport. Money will always be the biggest factor but physical support in the stands should count in some way as well. And another difference in football and basketball is that all the big donors in football are up in the skyboxes. Well, if nobody is occupying a skybox it has ZERO effect on the overall game atmosphere. When all the biggest donors in basketball are purchasing the seats closest to the game, and then a significant amount of them never show up, it becomes a significant negative factor to the program.

RougeDawg
01-15-2017, 02:49 PM
Is basketball your favorite sport? If not, I don't think you have a dog in this hunt.

MSU is my favorite university, and fortunately many alum like myself give our hard earned dollars to support the school, others donating much more than I. Universities and businesses don't run on sunshine and unicorn milk. They need money and money talks. Pony up $8-20k per year and you can sit down there. And by the way MSU basketball was my favorite event to attend when in school there. The students were loud and crazy, bringing in as much booze per student as football games.

RocketDawg
01-15-2017, 02:59 PM
I buy football tickets because, one, it's my favorite sport. Also we have 6 or 7 home games a year, and I can make it to all of those, perhaps giving away tickets to one or two games if I don't think it'll be particularly challenging or enjoyable (such as Homecoming). I'm debating whether I'll buy season tickets this year because the trip gets harder each year (age gets to you after a while) but I probably will.

I like basketball OK, but there's no way I would go to even 1/4 of the games ... I'd go to none of the non-conference unless it's against a huge team, none of the weekday games, and most of the weekend conference games. So I don't buy season tickets any more. I did for a few years but didn't go to that many games so I stopped. I wasn't in the lower level (it was before the reseating) so it really didn't matter if I was there or not most of the time, but many times I gave my tickets away. Pretty much the same with baseball so I don't buy them either.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-15-2017, 03:08 PM

This is the best opinion...

Dawg61
01-16-2017, 12:27 AM
First off. you blame Scott, Stricklin was the AD and ultimately it is his job to get asses in seats and provide the best possible atmosphere for his bball team. He failed at that by giving priority to people like yourself whose line of thinking is still stuck in 1998 and think the University should be kissing y'alls ass cause you CHOOSE to donate money.then say John could fix it before the next game if he wanted. BULLSHIT, it is literally as simple as inputing all the phone numbers into a text list one time. Which can be entered in by a monkey for 2 bananas an hour what are you gonna do mid-season to force people to come to a game they have a ticket to and don't choose to come. ok this is where you really go off the reservation. Nobody is forcing ANYBODY to come to a single game. Only asking for a simple text message letting MSU know your seat is available for resale. How hard is that to do?

Did we have a hard sellout to games i didn't know about? NO. Noone is getting turned away from a game because tickets aren't available. So until we have sellouts and people CAN'T GET A TICKET you have nothing to stand on. OMG your logic here is comical. At no point in time have the season ticket holders seats been available to the public for $10? Pretty ****ing sure a lot of people are gonna suddenly wanna come to basketball games when they can sit in the lower level for $10 meaning your theory about not enough demand is simply put RETARDED.
Next, what you are proposing, a system to let people give tickets back for the school to resell has been tried before by MSU it didn't work. The box office has enough work to do already than trying to take on the resell market by trying to get tickets back and resell them. worried that you don't really understand what a phone database is and how you can send text through these mobile things called your PHONE. Nobody in the "box office" has to do a gawd damn thing but sell a ticket to a random that walks up and wants one. The monkey you paid two bananas to earlier already did the work.

Yes it doesn't look good when there are big patches of empty behind the benches. Those are the money seats. It's gonna take a little more than a 2 game winning streak to get some of those people back. we don't need them to come to the game to have an ass sitting in their seat. See earlier about the $10 ticket thing.The team needs to worry about their play and the crowds will come to support. Ok finally a good point that I agree with. The team does need to worry about their play but what the hell does it have to do with wether we save the seat for no-one to sit in or if we let the other guy sit there for $10? News spreads fast when people realize they can get the best seat in the house for $10 and that fuels more sales into more sales into more sales till the Hump is suddenly fool and selling out again. Filing the Hump creates more winning.

But it's not a priority when we aren't Selling out the hump as is.$10 thing again

Pretty sure you posted this in 2006 and it just somehow got sent through the internet cause that's where your mind still is on this.

Dawg61
01-16-2017, 12:46 AM

Holy shit you are an idiot. Donor X has the ability to buy his season tickets next year if he is able to text that he is not coming to a game. If he fails to send a text five times he loses that rite. If Donor X is too stupid to know how to send a text message I don't give a shit about Donor X wanting season tickets anymore.

BB30
01-16-2017, 10:03 AM

Just as information, most of those seats behind the bench are purchased by businesses not Old People. They are corporate tickets. There are a few that are not but for the most part a large majority are Corp tickets.

And, your post has plenty of pent up emotion towards "millennials" Hope we don't need to find you a safe spot for when these dang Millennials are on your lawn.*** Pretty sure you complain quite a bit about students leaving the football game early and yet here you are defending the "Old" people for not showing up.

For the record, I think if you have the $$ to buy the tickets behind the bench and want to get them and not come that is your decision. The athletic dept needs all the $$ it can get, so I have no problem with it. It does suck for the team and players but that is part of it once we start really winning those seats will be filled. Until the rest of the Hump is packed I dont think complaining about those particular seats is justifiable.

Dawg61
01-16-2017, 10:14 AM
Just as information, most of those seats behind the bench are purchased by businesses not Old People. They are corporate tickets. There are a few that are not but for the most part a large majority are Corp tickets.

And, your post has plenty of pent up emotion towards "millennials" Hope we don't need to find you a safe spot for when these dang Millennials are on your lawn.*** Pretty sure you complain quite a bit about students leaving the football game early and yet here you are defending the "Old" people for not showing up.

I love how season ticket holders that don't show up seem to think they own that seat and if they aren't there nobody gets to be there. How the **** did this logic get to this point and with so many people? If your body isn't in the ****ing building you don't get to own the space it would be in if you had decided to show up. It's the most selfish two year old mindset I've ever heard of. So you want to sit at your house and eat your nachos while you watch MSU basketball? That is perfectly fine but then you also want to own the space in the Hump your fat ass would be sitting in if you decided to come so you think nobody else gets to sit in that empty space you chose to not sit in for the game. Un****ingbelievable. You don't own the seat. You simply paid for first access to that seat when you decide to come to a game. When you don't come to the game you lose your first access privilege for THAT GAME and someone else who IS AT THE GAME now gets to sit there. Welcome to life.

BB30
01-16-2017, 10:52 AM
I love how season ticket holders that don't show up seem to think they own that seat and if they aren't there nobody gets to be there. How the **** did this logic get to this point and with so many people? If your body isn't in the ****ing building you don't get to own the space it would be in if you had decided to show up. It's the most selfish two year old mindset I've ever heard of. So you want to sit at your house and eat your nachos while you watch MSU basketball? That is perfectly fine but then you also want to own the space in the Hump your fat ass would be sitting in if you decided to come so you think nobody else gets to sit in that empty space you chose to not sit in for the game. Un****ingbelievable. You don't own the seat. You simply paid for first access to that seat when you decide to come to a game. When you don't come to the game you lose your first access privilege for THAT GAME and someone else who IS AT THE GAME now gets to sit there. Welcome to life.

Not sure what you are directing at me? I agree, if you are a season ticket holder and don't show up that seat should be available to someone. I was simply pointing out a fact that most of those seats are purchased by businesses and corporations. If I remember correctly, the gray floor seats would fill up about mid way through the 1st half if no one was sitting in the seats people would just go down there and if the person with the ticket showed up they would just move. I have no problem with that.

The bigger issue is we are not selling hardly any general admin tickets either. It is a lack of fan support. You can buy a general admin ticket and if there are empty seats just move to the better seats and if someone shows up just move. Not that hard.

Dawg61
01-16-2017, 11:05 AM
Not sure what you are directing at me?

Sorry my post wasn't directed at you at all I just hit reply with quote cause you were the last one to speak on the subject. My bad. I will speak about something you touched on now though. We don't sellout general admission tickets right now because we are only selling the seats in the rafters. Sell the ones in the lower level for $10 and we will have plenty of new interest in buying general admission seats.

tireddawg
01-16-2017, 05:55 PM
Dawg61 I get what you're trying to say, & appreciate it ,but dude, calm down. You calling fellow dawgs idiots & whatever is not the answer. It's like you're the end all be all & if some1 disagrees with you, you get all bent. Remember, we all love The Mississippi State University. Some of you guys should put your heads together & hit Cohen up.

Dawg61
01-16-2017, 06:33 PM
Dawg61 I get what you're trying to say, & appreciate it ,but dude, calm down. You calling fellow dawgs idiots & whatever is not the answer. It's like you're the end all be all & if some1 disagrees with you, you get all bent. Remember, we all love The Mississippi State University. Some of you guys should put your heads together & hit Cohen up.

Thanks I appreciate your input. Sorry if I come across brashly sometimes. I get fired up when a group of people start putting down an entire generation for no reason other than to justify why they get to reserve the right to a space they currently aren't residing in. Some in the generation above me seem to struggle with stepping aside for the younger ones to enjoy the same experiences that they already were privy to and some of those in the generation below me aren't able to stand up for themselves quite yet. So I offer help when I think it is appropriate. In other words step aside grandpas so the younger men can enjoy what you have already. Seating at the Hump is hardly the only example of this problem going on in this country today imo. The baby boomer generation isn't willing to let the younger generations carry the heavy load right now. Not to make this political or weird though.

tireddawg
01-16-2017, 07:38 PM
Yeah I get it. I just think together we can do a lot more than apart, & not tearing each other down. I know we joke with 1 another on here, but sometimes it gets a little too serious with personal attacks. I agree there is a problem with seating in the Hump. I don't know the answer, but I trust that Cohen & Howland will fix it. You can't make every1 happy but they've got to do what's best for State as a whole. And the players & the atmosphere they play in, has got to be of strong consideration.

Dawg61
01-16-2017, 07:51 PM
And the players & the atmosphere they play in, has got to be of strong consideration.

It's the only consideration. Everything else is secondary in importance.