PDA

View Full Version : Can't seem to post a pic on mobile, but apparently flyers were handed out...

EngDawg
01-14-2017, 12:05 PM
To the students describing how to act at a basketball game.

TheRef
01-14-2017, 12:06 PM
To the students describing how to act at a basketball game.

If it said anything other than "Bat shit crazy" I'll be disappointed.

EngDawg
01-14-2017, 12:10 PM
If it said anything other than "Bat shit crazy" I'll be disappointed.

That was the gist of it. Basically, stand when the ball is in play, yell when we are on defense, and discriptions of basic basketball cheers.

TheRef
01-14-2017, 12:12 PM
That was the just of it. Basically, stand when the ball is in play, yell when we are on defense, and discriptions of basic basketball cheers.

That's better than Gregg Ellis telling us to not use the "Sucks" thing during player intros for the other team on game. I looked at him like he was speaking Arabic.

Big4Dawg
01-14-2017, 12:17 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2JNqrEUUAAkZir.jpg:large

This was passed out. This is....not funny

Liverpooldawg
01-14-2017, 12:19 PM
I'm at the game. The flyer was in every student seat. My son just sent me a photo of it. If you needed any evidence of how bad the atmosphere has got here, that is it. It's basically stuff that came naturally until the last 4 years or so. If sombidybdoesnt post it I'll try when I get home.

TheRef
01-14-2017, 12:20 PM
I'm at the game. The flyer was in every student seat. My son just sent me a photo of it. If you needed any evidence of how bad the atmosphere has got here, that is it. It's basically stuff that came naturally until the last 4 years or so. If sombidybdoesnt post it I'll try when I get home.

I agree. Definitely shouldn't have been something to have to print out, but it's a step. Compared to where we were a measly two years ago, this is improvement. I want the days where everyone was active and it all came naturally. But you've gotta take a step somehow, right?

Liverpooldawg
01-14-2017, 12:33 PM
I agree. Definitely shouldn't have been something to have to print out, but it's a step. Compared to where we were a measly two years ago, this is improvement. I want the days where everyone was active and it all came naturally. But you've gotta take a step somehow, right?

Yep. My son tries. He came a lot during the tail end of the snake pit days. He saw it in full cry. I hope it's a late arriving crowd. Right now it's starting to look like it's going to be disappointing. The student section is about 1/4 full at the moment. The rest is less than that. Still a ways to go though.

TheRef
01-14-2017, 12:36 PM
Yep. My son tries. He came a lot during the tail end of the snake pit days. He saw it in full cry. I hope it's a late arriving crowd. Right now it's starting to look like it's going to be disappointing. The student section is about 1/4 full at the moment. The rest is less than that. Still a ways to go though.

I was there on the tail end of us being on the sideline. Then us going to different ends of the Hump, then us coming back behind the goal. I've been through it all. I've been through the complete dismantling of Rick's Rowdies. I've watched the student section go down in flames. If we can get it back to even half of the intensity of us in the pit, I'll be happy.

TheRef
01-14-2017, 12:39 PM
Apparently they've also given newspapers out to the students to use during player intros. This makes me happy.

RocketDawg
01-14-2017, 12:42 PM
The flyer looks like something the Bears would do ....

starkvegasdawg
01-14-2017, 12:46 PM
So our students need instructions on how to be loud obnoxious irritating fans now? That makes me sad. I remember during a football game law enforcement was having to restrain an AR player from jumping into the stands. And we made the Hump just a little slice of hell.

LC Dawg
01-14-2017, 12:48 PM
The flyer looks like something the Bears would do ....
This pretty much sums up how far we have fallen.

Liverpooldawg
01-14-2017, 12:53 PM
8 minutes till tip. The student section is maybe half full. The rest of the place is less than that. This is crushingly disappointing.

preachermatt83
01-14-2017, 01:09 PM
It's loud regardless.

Bothrops
01-14-2017, 01:59 PM
If they ain't there today, they ain't gonna be there unless we win BIG. Terrible fans.

EngDawg
01-14-2017, 02:11 PM
If they ain't there today, they ain't gonna be there unless we win BIG. Terrible fans.

Thank you Greg Byrne.

Mutt the Hoople
01-14-2017, 04:01 PM
I want the days where everyone was active and it all came naturally. But you've gotta take a step somehow, right?
LET'S START A NEW TRADITION!![/S]

msbulldog
01-14-2017, 04:12 PM
I was there for the Tin Gym and the beginning of the Hump and we gave no quarter!
If these students need to learn how to become loud and obnoxious, I will be a volunteer coach.

tcdog70
01-14-2017, 04:35 PM
Back in the days of the Green Machine there was a fat guy with a Lone Ranger mask and a stick horse with a cap pistol. He was on the sidelines and would run out on the floor to the Willian Tell Overture( Lone Ranger theme). The Hump was rowdy

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
01-14-2017, 05:41 PM
the flyers helped tremendously. basically peer pressured everyone into standing the entire time, with the other side saying you're here to stand & yell & you're not cool if you don't. Yea there's some lame jokes but I like the faux scouting report idea & I think you still have patches of students sitting during gameplay, and asking 'what are they chanting?' without them. Kudos to whoever put the flyers out I think it affected the game

Yes things are always better when created organically, but I watched the student section crumble Stansbury's last 4 years & for the past 4 years these students have literally never participated in an involved student section unless they did it in high school. From experience, the band & Candy Man have been the only ones leading cheers and if they aren't at the game everyone sits there. The flyers got everyone on the same page with some basic stuff and hopefully today's environment sets a baseline for what students can expect, and what is expected of them when they come to basketball games and sit in the student section.

Liverpooldawg
01-14-2017, 05:46 PM
It's sad that it had to come to using the flyers but it DID help. Even my son the student said that.

shannondawg
01-14-2017, 07:46 PM
The students even chanted "We want Willy" Gay today, they were definitely into the game. It doesn't matter where they sit when they are there in numbers and loud.