PDA

View Full Version : Women's game tonight, vs Florida

RocketDawg
01-12-2017, 06:58 PM
8 p.m. on the SEC Network.

msbulldog
01-12-2017, 07:24 PM
Go girls! If ya'll ain't watched, go to the MSU site http://www.hailstate.com/ and watch the girls video 'relentless effort II'. I must warn you though it stirs up pollen, because it sure makes your eyes water. You know in 1974 as a student and I went to the 1st women's BB game under coach Libba Birmingham, I never thought in a million years they would be our best chance at our 1st Natty!

Liverpooldawg
01-12-2017, 08:39 PM
I'm at the game. Florida appears to only have 8 players dressed out.

Liverpooldawg
01-12-2017, 08:54 PM
Yep, just 8. There appear to be 2 more that are here but not dressed out. I wonder what the story is there?

RocketDawg
01-12-2017, 09:05 PM
Looks like an excellent crowd. Can't see the upper deck though.

RocketDawg
01-12-2017, 09:07 PM
Saw the last couple of seconds of the South Carolina/Georgia game. SC barely won (by 3). Maybe they had a down game like we did in our last game.

Liverpooldawg
01-12-2017, 09:09 PM
Looks like an excellent crowd. Can't see the upper deck though.

Not many up there. Except in the student section.

Dawg61
01-12-2017, 09:23 PM
Hope Stricklin is watching, Dawgs 18 Gators 5 right now

RocketDawg
01-12-2017, 09:41 PM
What's this "principle of verticality" that the announcer is talking about? Did she just make that up or is it a legitimate basketball term?

Liverpooldawg
01-12-2017, 09:43 PM
The upper deck has filled in a bit. I'd say 5-6k here. Great showing by the students.

Gutter Cobreh
01-12-2017, 09:44 PM
What's this "principle of verticality" that the announcer is talking about? Did she just make that up or is it a legitimate basketball term?

Pretty sure she made it up. There have been a few times already this game she hasn't made a lick of sense.

I think this is the first women's b-ball game I've ever watched...or at least this is the longest I've ever tuned into one.

Liverpooldawg
01-12-2017, 09:52 PM
It's keeps filling in. I think 6k for sure now.

LC Dawg
01-12-2017, 09:57 PM

She's basically just babbling her way through this game.

RocketDawg
01-12-2017, 09:58 PM
Pretty sure she made it up. There have been a few times already this game she hasn't made a lick of sense.

I think this is the first women's b-ball game I've ever watched...or at least this is the longest I've ever tuned into one.

Let's hope she's not the best women's announcer they have ....

The game is actually a little boring, and we're winning. More than doubled Florida's scoring at halftime.

I'd never watched a women's game either (at least not since high school) until last year. They're actually kinda entertaining. Certainly a different game than the men's.

Liverpooldawg
01-12-2017, 10:00 PM
Have they said anything on TV about why Florida only has 8 players tonight?

civildawg
01-12-2017, 10:01 PM
I'll be honest, I've watched way more women's games on tv than men's in the last 4 years

RocketDawg
01-12-2017, 10:06 PM

I don't think so, but I haven't been paying attention that closely.

They just did a Navage advertisement ... kinda disgusting watching a chick flush her nose out .... The sad little pony was a lot better.

TheRef
01-12-2017, 10:07 PM

Principle of verticality actually is a thing. It's mostly used in the post for contact folks when a player is going up. A defensive player is given the ability to go straight up, not forward or backward. So if she jumps, she can jump straight up.

In the context she placed it though, it wasn't the right place for it. It's mostly used, like I said, in the post when a defensive player jumps up.

TheRef
01-12-2017, 10:08 PM

Injuries. Lots of injuries. Had a player earlier in the year lost to ACL tear.

starkvegasdawg
01-12-2017, 10:24 PM
These announcers bring all the excitement of taking a dump.

Irondawg
01-12-2017, 10:24 PM
I think I need to start polishing up the resume as a women's basketball announcer because they are always terrible. Hard to believe that with all the broadcasting schools out there its so hard to find half decent ones

IMissJack
01-12-2017, 10:34 PM
The Seminole War Chant is going in S'vegas....

drunkernhelldawg
01-12-2017, 10:52 PM
Tell ya' what: This team is special. Looks like McCowan (spelling?) is making noise for the record books. 12-12. 25 points.

IMissJack
01-12-2017, 10:55 PM
I think Schaeffer has 2 McDonald All Americans committed for next year, doesn't he? One from Olive Branch and one from Terry, I think.

drunkernhelldawg
01-12-2017, 11:01 PM
UConn better lift those eyebrows.

TheRef
01-12-2017, 11:10 PM
I think Schaeffer has 2 McDonald All Americans committed for next year, doesn't he? One from Olive Branch and one from Terry, I think.

Yes we do. The two in question are REALLY good.

shannondawg
01-13-2017, 12:13 AM
I think I need to start polishing up the resume as a women's basketball announcer because they are always terrible. Hard to believe that with all the broadcasting schools out there its so hard to find half decent ones

I left the game tonight with 5 min to go, and listened to him on the way home, and could barely understand what he was saying , not a good voice and speaks so fast.

Liverpooldawg
01-13-2017, 01:02 AM
This was my first time to see them in person this year. They are impressive to say the least. There is depth at every position. There is a really good inside game. There are shooters. They handle the ball extremely well. The MOST impressive thing is their controlled intensity and movement on both ends of the floor. They get after you. It's a complete team. I don't know if it is complete enough to stay on the floor with UCONN, but then who is. Hopefully we see them in the Final Four. You never know if you can get to them. I'll be back, they are fun to watch.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
01-13-2017, 05:31 AM
The showdown with South Carolina is the one I'm looking at.

TheRef
01-13-2017, 10:42 AM
The showdown with South Carolina is the one I'm looking at.

FWIW, South Carolina only defeated Georgia by 3 before our game. Would've been tied with about 3 seconds to go, but Georgia missed a FT.

ScreenCaptureThis
01-13-2017, 10:47 AM
FWIW, South Carolina only defeated Georgia by 3 before our game. Would've been tied with about 3 seconds to go, but Georgia missed a FT.

Don't be fooled by that game. USCe was missing their 6'5" star A'Ja Wilson. Wilson averages 17pts and 8rb for the season. She's expected to return for their next game and will be ready for our game.

TheRef
01-13-2017, 12:01 PM
Don't be fooled by that game. USCe was missing their 6'5" star A'Ja Wilson. Wilson averages 17pts and 8rb for the season. She's expected to return for their next game and will be ready for our game.

Oh I know A'ja wasn't there for it, but it proves that we might be deeper than USCe. When Chinwe went down, we still had TMac who could come in and dominate.

the59dawg
01-13-2017, 01:17 PM
Oh I know A'ja wasn't there for it, but it proves that we might be deeper than USCe. When Chinwe went down, we still had TMac who could come in and dominate.

Chinwe didn't go down. She just did her usual excessive fouling in first 10 min plus missing point blank layups. She needs some lessons fm McGowan on layups.

TheRef
01-13-2017, 01:55 PM
Chinwe didn't go down. She just did her usual excessive fouling in first 10 min plus missing point blank layups. She needs some lessons fm McGowan on layups.

I didn't mean "Went Down" as in an injury. I know she got 3 fouls early, then TMac was en fuego so we never needed to put Chinwe back in. To be fair. TMac almost had some foul trouble if that Tech would've gone through. TMac was on absolute fire.