PDA

View Full Version : Westin Graves

Really Clark?
01-12-2017, 06:04 PM
He just tweeted:

The surgery went well. Thank you all for the many prayers, God is good!

Hope he has a speedy recovery

msstate7
01-12-2017, 06:10 PM
He for sure done with football?

msbulldog
01-12-2017, 06:44 PM
Prayers for his well-being and thanks for his play for MSU, especially this season. He had to be playing through great pain.

RocketDawg
01-12-2017, 06:46 PM
What kind of surgery? On his back?

msbulldog
01-12-2017, 06:49 PM
What kind of surgery? On his back?

I believe he had a bulging disc.

bobcat91
01-12-2017, 07:54 PM
He had multiple pain injections in his spine. He was in a lot of pain and didn't practice regularly. He was True Maroon unlike alot of so called State fans that tried to crucify him after every miss. He gave it his best shot and played with an injury because Mullen asked him to. He was great in 2015, but fell off in 2016 due to injury. He was all Dawg.

msbulldog
01-12-2017, 07:56 PM
He had multiple pain injections in his spine. He was in a lot of pain and didn't practice regularly. He was True Maroon unlike alot of so called State fans that tried to crucify him after every miss. He gave it his best shot and played with an injury because Mullen asked him to. He was great in 2015, but fell off in 2016 due to injury. He was all Dawg.

Great comment!

RocketDawg
01-12-2017, 08:44 PM

I can empathize. I get them every 3 months. They help but are far from a cure-all.

Commercecomet24
01-12-2017, 08:48 PM
He played with a lot of pain this year to try and help the team as did Logan Cooke. There may have been some soft players on the team but not those 2! Westin never made excuses either,Hope Westin has a speedy recovery and successful future!

Thick
01-13-2017, 09:34 AM
Look, I respect Graves for his desire and effort, but at the end of the day, it's all Dan's fault! He ran a kid out there that needed back surgery (a kicker much like a golfer puts stress/strain on the back), because he did not place enough focus/effort into recruiting kickers. It ended up costing us some games, and in the process, getting a kid crucified by our fanbase. I'm guilty of it too.

Commercecomet24
01-13-2017, 09:38 AM
Look, I respect Graves for his desire and effort, but at the end of the day, it's all Dan's fault! He ran a kid out there that needed back surgery (a kicker much like a golfer puts stress/strain on the back), because he did not place enough focus/effort into recruiting kickers. It ended up costing us some games, and in the process, getting a kid crucified by our fanbase. I'm guilty of it too.

This^^^^When you're the man(as Dan is) ultimately everything is your responsibility.

BB30
01-13-2017, 09:41 AM
I can empathize. I get them every 3 months. They help but are far from a cure-all.

Yea, I did the injections as well. They did not do much. Kicking involves a lot of twisting so I am sure it was hell for him. I had a hard time pitching when it flared up really bad. It is a shame he had a great season in 15. We are snake bit with special teams kickers.

Political Hack
01-13-2017, 10:30 AM
Agree with Thick and Bobcat here. Graves did what he could. I have a fiend that was a Groza finalist his freshman year but he got hurt on a kickoff his Jr/Sr season against Penn State and could kick as well after. He went from the hero his Fr year to the goat his Sr year because he had a disc problem with his back. Knowing that was going on with Graves this year made me hold back on him because he was giving it his all and we've all seen him make kicks. The FGs this year and resukting losing record was on Dan. Hopefully he learns from it.