PDA

View Full Version : Shumpert to possibly play

ShotgunDawg
09-07-2013, 01:26 PM
According to David Murray's recent tweet, Shumpert is dressed out and may play. Gotta wonder if Mullen seeing Aeris Williams play last night may have induced him into thinking the RB position would be OK for the foreseeable future.

msstate7
09-07-2013, 01:31 PM
To me with no inside knowledge that means one or more of these:

1. LP is hurt
2. Nick isn't ready
3. Shump is showing out in practice
4. LP is being moved to more of an athlete position
5. What you said about AW

ShotgunDawg
09-07-2013, 01:33 PM

1. LP is hurt
2. Nick isn't ready

I hope #4 is the correct answer. Would love to see Perkins be a Slot WR/3rd down back

messageboardsuperhero
09-07-2013, 01:34 PM
I'd love to see Dak running the option with Robinson and Shumpert, with Lewis/Holloway coming around for sweeps and end arounds, and then take some shots with Wilson, Malcolm, RoJo, Ross, etc.

I know that kind of creativity is too much to ask for, but we can dream.

DapperDawg
09-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Let's hope to hell it's not #5. It's not smart to make current personnel and redshirt decisions based an unsigned high schoolers performance in week 3. I imagine if he plays, it's because he earned it in practice.

msstate7
09-07-2013, 01:49 PM

1. LP is hurt
2. Nick isn't ready

It could be

6. Dan is feeling some pressure and he's not thinking about the future

MetEdDawg
09-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Lot of young guys are going to start working their way in because of how well we've recruited the past two years. Chris Jones, De'Runnya, Ross, Shumpert,. That's 4 true freshman that will most likely get significant PT by the end of the year or have already gotten significant PT.

Then look at the 2012 class. Cedric Jiles, Devon Bell, Ryan Brown, Fred Brown had he not gotten injured, Nick James and Quay Evans got PT last year and would get more if they weren't idiots this year.

Then the 2011 class. Justin Malone, Preston Smith, McKinney, Dak, Josh Robinson.

Point is that there are a ton of guys who are sophomore or freshman making almost immediate impact for us on the field. I can't remember a time where we had 4 true freshmen playing as much of an impact on our team as those 4 may play. We've talked about the depth we've built, but we still have young guys coming in and forcing their way on to the field. That's how you get better long term. Keep bringing in young talent that can replace older guys until it levels off an those young guys are only required to play in emergencies and situations where guys leave early for the draft.

hacker
09-07-2013, 02:00 PM
I'm ready to see what the buzz is about. **** a redshirt.

ETA: Been following this kid since 9th grade. I'm seriously ready to watch him cut up.

Coach34
09-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Shump has already passed Milton on the depth chart and is working to take Griffin's carries- it has zero to do with Williams. We have 2 RB's coming in next class- one will RS guaranteed

slickdawg
09-07-2013, 02:25 PM
If you saw Shumpert's tape, he is exceptional. I'm guessing Milton hasn't gotten over the fumblitis

maroonmania
09-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Let's hope to hell it's not #5. It's not smart to make current personnel and redshirt decisions based an unsigned high schoolers performance in week 3. I imagine if he plays, it's because he earned it in practice.

from a guy in our backyard but no player is yours until he actually signs.