PDA

View Full Version : Rhett Lashley to UConn as OC

Really Clark?
01-11-2017, 10:20 PM
Interesting move. I figured he might want to get his own turn as OC without many assuming it was just Malzhan

Outside Dawg
01-11-2017, 10:21 PM
Paging Briles...

ShotgunDawg
01-11-2017, 10:23 PM
Damn Lashley.

Reported as a 3 year deal for $350 K per.

Looks like he got fired

Todd4State
01-11-2017, 10:26 PM
Paging Briles...

Exactly what I was about to say. Auburn has the lack of morals to do it too.

ShotgunDawg
01-11-2017, 10:31 PM
Exactly what I was about to say. Auburn has the lack of morals to do it too.

Would think Sankey may step in and prevent that one

MetEdDawg
01-11-2017, 10:34 PM
Scapegoat plain and simple. Malzahn has one more year to turn it around or he's gone. My Auburn folks are saying this has been in the works for a while and that if Malzahn wanted to stay Lashlee would have to go.

jumbo
01-11-2017, 11:13 PM
Paging Briles...

Nah. It will be a minute before Briles gets another job

msbulldog
01-12-2017, 07:02 AM
That's good, when Lashlee took over play calling Auburns offense got better.

RiverCityDawg
01-12-2017, 07:30 AM
Scapegoat plain and simple. Malzahn has one more year to turn it around or he's gone. My Auburn folks are saying this has been in the works for a while and that if Malzahn wanted to stay Lashlee would have to go.

This. Sugar Bowl notwithstanding, the Auburn folks are not happy. If they go backwards next year they will show Gus the door. Maybe Jacobs along with him.

MetEdDawg
01-12-2017, 08:56 AM
This. Sugar Bowl notwithstanding, the Auburn folks are not happy. If they go backwards next year they will show Gus the door. Maybe Jacobs along with him.

Jacobs is the walking dead. New president will bring in a new AD.

Here's what I've heard. Auburn is gonna try working the Briles angle. I've heard they are trying to get son Briles from FAU and set the table for Art after next year if Malzahn flops.

Irondawg
01-12-2017, 09:04 AM
And they have the Baylor qb so there would be a connection there. If any school is willing to take the PR hit it would be them

BB30
01-12-2017, 09:19 AM
Man, I don't know if Briles is even touchable right now. I mean that guy has more baggage then probably any coach in the last 20 years has had outside of maybe Paterno. I do think he is one heck of a coach but I think it may be several years before someone gives him another shot.

smootness
01-12-2017, 09:22 AM
Briles won't ever get another P5 coaching job. If he does, that school will be completely eviscerated by every outlet, and rightfully so.

KB21
01-12-2017, 09:45 AM
Also, the offensive coordinator spot on Gus's staff is similar to the offensive coordinator spot on Dan's staff. Whoever it is, Gus's offense will be run.

jumbo
01-12-2017, 09:49 AM
Briles won't ever get another P5 coaching job. If he does, that school will be completely eviscerated by every outlet, and rightfully so.

Agreed. He's going to have to go the Jim Tressell/Bo Pelini route if he wants to be a HC anytime soon.

AusTexDawg
01-12-2017, 10:38 AM
Auburn doesn't have a law school, right? They'll probably think it's a 'Bammer conspiracy when their lawyers tell them that hiring Art Briles would open them up to risk of serious litigation if anything untowards happens under his watch***
Auburn defined "all in" before TSUN ever got to "what if we..."

Really Clark?
01-12-2017, 12:42 PM
As some may have seen on ESPN and elsewhere, Auburn is not bringing in Briles. When a school, Houston, that you were the former HC of and was successful there comes out publically that you are not a candidate or will be interviewed eventhough he reached out to them, he is untouchable and toxic right now.

BrunswickDawg
01-12-2017, 01:40 PM

And even AU knows how nuclear Briles & Son are - they had to put out a statement saying no - http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/01/auburn_not_considering_art_bri.html

AusTexDawg
01-12-2017, 01:57 PM
And even AU knows how nuclear Briles & Son are - they had to put out a statement saying no - http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/01/auburn_not_considering_art_bri.html

Their fanbase must've been getting too excited up at the prospect. Glad to see that Auburn has some standards.

Really Clark?
01-12-2017, 02:10 PM
Maybe they already had their guy and was letting Lashley find something. He has been close to Gus for a long time. If not, and it appears that way, really strange. But if I was Gus I would call Helfrich. They should have a plenty of style similarities to work with and he was a good OC at Oregon