PDA

View Full Version : WTF with the 2 Scooba guys, still not enrolled...

Coursesuper
01-11-2017, 02:40 PM
Don't know what's up.

Gutter Cobreh
01-11-2017, 02:42 PM
Maybe they're still filming the 2nd season of Last Chance U???

Or maybe they're still trying to qualify....

I'd go with option 2.

Really Clark?
01-11-2017, 02:43 PM
Don't know what's up.

They just finished up their last class on Friday. Just waiting on the clearinghouse to allow them to enroll. They have until next Tuesday.

RougeDawg
01-11-2017, 03:50 PM
Too many late night chats with Bucky caused their grades to slip a little.

Really Clark?
01-11-2017, 03:56 PM
Too many late night chats with Bucky caused their grades to slip a little.

That would be hilarious if it wasn't possibly true. I know he just felt the need to pray with them over the phone.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-12-2017, 10:35 AM
I could've misheard, but I think Steve said on OOB they won't be here until the summer.

Really Clark?
01-12-2017, 10:47 AM
They just need to be cleared but there is a question on one of them. But we have to wait for the NCAA and it may be close

Mjoelner34
01-12-2017, 10:52 AM
In chat last night, Steve R. said he expects one to enroll this semester and the other to enroll in the summer. I don't think he mentioned which one would enroll when.

Really Clark?
01-12-2017, 10:55 AM
In chat last night, Steve R. said he expects one to enroll this semester and the other to enroll in the summer. I don't think he mentioned which one would enroll when.

Rivers plans to be here this weekend and be ready when cleared

lamont
01-12-2017, 11:07 AM
The OL guy is going to RS anyway so it doesn't matter

Really Clark?
01-12-2017, 11:13 AM
The OL guy is going to RS anyway so it doesn't matter

He is already on campus. Cole is the one that be the issue

HoopsDawg
01-12-2017, 12:12 PM
He is already on campus. Cole is the one that be the issue

Tough break not having Cole for spring practice. That will probably prevent him from earning a starting job. I expect McLarurin and Abram to be our starting safeties with Bryant and Cole backing them up. Grantham likes the bigger safeties.

HSVDawg
01-12-2017, 01:43 PM
Tough break not having Cole for spring practice. That will probably prevent him from earning a starting job. I expect McLarurin and Abram to be our starting safeties with Bryant and Cole backing them up. Grantham likes the bigger safeties.

Is it a done deal? To me, it seems like he should still be able to enroll regardless of whether he is cleared. Is it a matter of just waiting on the clearing house or is he actually missing some class that he needs? If it is the former, I'd think he could go ahead and enroll. As long as the clearinghouse judges everything OK within the next 2 months or so he should be good to go for the spring. Am I missing something?

msstate7
01-12-2017, 01:50 PM

Any chance we RS cole, landrews, or Abrams? Seems RSing one would be a nice way to stagger them some... landrews, cole, Bryant, mclaurin, and Abrams will all be juniors

Really Clark?
01-12-2017, 01:51 PM
Is it a done deal? To me, it seems like he should still be able to enroll regardless of whether he is cleared. Is it a matter of just waiting on the clearing house or is he actually missing some class that he needs? If it is the former, I'd think he could go ahead and enroll. As long as the clearinghouse judges everything OK within the next 2 months or so he should be good to go for the spring. Am I missing something?

It sounds complicated. And EMCC has to finish the transcripts and paperwork. I'm not sure but he either had to have enough hours to be on track to graduate or actually graduate. Heard conflicting info. Then go through the clearinghouse. I think Rivers is close to being cleared.

SDDawg
01-12-2017, 02:03 PM
It's clearance and paperwork issues. If you watched Last Chance U., you know that there is a reason these guys didn't make it earlier. Rooting for these young men but it's not a huge surprise to have challenges.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-12-2017, 02:14 PM
If they don't get cleared until the summer, are they still locked in with us or is it open season?

HSVDawg
01-12-2017, 03:04 PM
It sounds complicated. And EMCC has to finish the transcripts and paperwork. I'm not sure but he either had to have enough hours to be on track to graduate or actually graduate. Heard conflicting info. Then go through the clearinghouse. I think Rivers is close to being cleared.

Well, from an enrollment standpoint, it can't be that complicated. He doesn't have to be cleared by the NCAA to enroll at MSU. He may have to be cleared to receive financial aid in the form of an athletic scholarship (not sure), but even if so I'm sure there are ways around that, especially if its just for one semester. Either way, I don't see how its possible that he'd have to wait until the summer to enroll if it was just a paperwork issue with the clearinghouse or EMCC.

Really Clark?
01-12-2017, 03:26 PM
Well, from an enrollment standpoint, it can't be that complicated. He doesn't have to be cleared by the NCAA to enroll at MSU. He may have to be cleared to receive financial aid in the form of an athletic scholarship (not sure), but even if so I'm sure there are ways around that, especially if its just for one semester. Either way, I don't see how its possible that he'd have to wait until the summer to enroll if it was just a paperwork issue with the clearinghouse or EMCC.

They could enroll as a regular student if their transcripts are in order for at least that much but they can also elect to stay at JUCO and go through the recruiting process again. Possibly. And that is what is making this complicated as well. There are several things in play here. Hopefully it gets cleared up soon and someone with a lot better info can shed some light on the situation and all options available to them at this time

HSVDawg
01-12-2017, 03:35 PM
They could enroll as a regular student if their transcripts are in order for at least that much but they can also elect to stay at JUCO and go through the recruiting process again. Possibly. And that is what is making this complicated as well. There are several things in play here. Hopefully it gets cleared up soon and someone with a lot better info can shed some light on the situation and all options available to them at this time

LOI is binding for 1 calendar year, unless we release him (which I can't imagine us doing). If he wants to go through the recruiting process again, he'll have to sit out an entire season and lose that year of eligibility because his clock has already started. Then he'd have to sign again next December. I don't see how that is a viable option.

Really Clark?
01-12-2017, 03:42 PM
LOI is binding for 1 calendar year, unless we release him (which I can't imagine us doing). If he wants to go through the recruiting process again, he'll have to sit out an entire season and lose that year of eligibility because his clock has already started. Then he'd have to sign again next December. I don't see how that is a viable option.

It's not binding if they do not qualify by the NCAA standards.

Homedawg
01-12-2017, 03:48 PM
I don't think this is accurate in the situation of these mentioned. They can sign w someone else in February I believe.

HSVDawg
01-12-2017, 03:49 PM
It's not binding if they do not qualify by the NCAA standards.

I'm pretty sure it is still binding regardless of whether the kid qualifies. What you are implying is that a kid could sign in December with MSU, not qualify, take one class in the spring semester to qualify and then sign with Ole Miss in February and be eligible to play the following Fall with them after signing with us the previous December. There is no way that is right.

HSVDawg
01-12-2017, 03:52 PM
I don't think this is accurate in the situation of these mentioned. They can sign w someone else in February I believe.

How is it not accurate? Are they not going to qualify?

Homedawg
01-12-2017, 04:06 PM
How is it not accurate? Are they not going to qualify?

I meant if they don't qualify. Obviously if they do we are good. If they don't, they could choose to go elsewhere.

Really Clark?
01-13-2017, 11:00 AM
I guess people have seen the clarification on Rivers and Cole that they actually just finished corse work this week and we are just waiting for EMCC to certify them as graduates. They are both planning on being in campus this weekend but just waiting for everything to be cleared.

Dawgtini
01-13-2017, 11:19 AM
I meant if they don't qualify. Obviously if they do we are good. If they don't, they could choose to go elsewhere.

I guess people have seen the clarification on Rivers and Cole that they actually just finished corse work this week and we are just waiting for EMCC to certify them as graduates. They are both planning on being in campus this weekend but just waiting for everything to be cleared.

It was also noted by Paul Jones that they would have to be released from their LOI to re-open their recruitment should they not get in this spring.