PDA

View Full Version : Is Maurice Linguist leaving as well?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-11-2017, 12:18 PM
Rumor mill hinting that Linguist to Arkansas. Anyone with any insight?

Really Clark?
01-11-2017, 12:20 PM
Rumor mill hinting that Linguist to Arkansas. Anyone with any insight?

Yes but this was not us pushing for him to go. Rhoads is their new DC and of course they have a really good relationship from Iowa State

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-11-2017, 12:45 PM
Has Rhodes been named yet?

Really Clark?
01-11-2017, 12:59 PM
Has Rhodes been named yet?

They are waiting on Minn to officially name Smith then they will immediately name Rhoads

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-11-2017, 01:57 PM
Who's on out replacement list?

maroonmania
01-11-2017, 03:08 PM
Yes but this was not us pushing for him to go. Rhoads is their new DC and of course they have a really good relationship from Iowa State

But they didn't have a good enough relationship for him to stay with Rhoads at Iowa State?

1bigdawg
01-11-2017, 03:16 PM
I believe Rhoads was the head coach at Iowa State and got fired last year. We hired Linquist off of the successor staff after he had been retained. He is just going back to the Rhoads coaching tree.\

Also, while we are not running him off, I am not sure he was a high priority to keep given this year's safety play.

maroonmania
01-11-2017, 03:22 PM
I believe Rhoads was the head coach at Iowa State and got fired last year. We hired Linquist off of the successor staff after he had been retained. He is just going back to the Rhoads coaching tree.\

Also, while we are not running him off, I am not sure he was a high priority to keep given this year's safety play.

Ok, guess I was thinking Rhoads was going straight from ISU to Arkansas, but what you are saying does ring a bell.

Reason2succeed
01-11-2017, 07:11 PM
I was not impressed with our DB play but I can forgive Tbuck due to injuries.

Todd4State
01-11-2017, 07:23 PM
Who's on out replacement list?

Probably Patrick Austin if I had to guess.

Big4Dawg
01-11-2017, 07:33 PM
Paul mentioned that the NCAA is going to pass for a 10th coach to get added.

Linguist spot will probably by baby Granthem until April when 10th coach is added, and Austin will get a promotion.

lamont
01-11-2017, 07:38 PM
If we add on D its likely PA

If we add on O- its likely Pete

msbulldog
01-11-2017, 07:48 PM
Be my guess the new DC will assemble his own staff, TBuck worked for him at UL. Don't know why there was a separation, but I hope he keeps Tbuck, because he is a helluva of recruiter. I hope he keeps Baker, serious NFL experience, and if Grantham goes to 1 gap instead of 2 gap, it will make the defense way more easy to learn. He's going to bring his brother, who can fill the gaps.

Really Clark?
01-11-2017, 07:54 PM
Be my guess the new DC will assemble his own staff, TBuck worked for him at UL. Don't know why there was a separation, but I hope he keeps Tbuck, because he is a helluva of recruiter. I hope he keeps Baker, serious NFL experience, and if Grantham goes to 1 gap instead of 2 gap, it will make the defense way more easy to learn. He's going to bring his brother, who can fill the gaps.

He went to 1 gap when he went to Louisville so hopefully he stays with that.

Steakonastick
01-11-2017, 08:08 PM
Good chance the brother comes too. So you might just see Buckley doing all the db's till an extra coach is addded.

ScoobaDawg
01-11-2017, 08:13 PM
Paul mentioned that the NCAA is going to pass for a 10th coach to get added.

Linguist spot will probably by baby Granthem until April when 10th coach is added, and Austin will get a promotion.

learn to spell his name first off. Grantham.

If you are talking about his baby brother, I'm not sure that can happen. Anyone know Nepotism laws in MS? Working with his brother was another reason he went to UL where those laws evidently didn't apply like they did in Georgia.

BrunswickDawg
01-11-2017, 08:25 PM

If you are talking about his baby brother, I'm not sure that can happen. Anyone know Nepotism laws in MS? Working with his brother was another reason he went to UL where those laws evidently didn't apply like they did in Georgia.
Head coach is the one making the hiring decisions , so having brothers on his staff should be no big deal.

Big4Dawg
01-11-2017, 08:43 PM

Well, his brother is coming. You can take that to bank.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-11-2017, 08:55 PM
If we add on D its likely PA

If we add on O- its likely Pete

Pat won't be on the field anytime soon. Tony Grantham will replace Maurice spot. I could see Peterson as the 10th coach.