PDA

View Full Version : Sucks we're gonna lose our next 7 games in BB...

Turfdawg67
01-11-2017, 10:57 AM
... since some "random poster", who is never negative and just tells it like it is, predicted us to start 2-8 in the league. :p

lamont
01-11-2017, 11:58 AM
... since some "random poster", who is never negative and just tells it like it is, predicted us to start 2-8 in the league. :p

You got a link? I could have sworn I said "IF we LOSE to LSU we COULD start 2-8"

drunkernhelldawg
01-11-2017, 12:05 PM
Regardless, we've got reason to be excited right now. Howland is fulfilling his promise. I can't cast one demerit on our players' effort in the last two games. We're gonna screw up, and we've especially got to cut out the pointless unforced turnovers, but we've finally got a team that can play again.

smootness
01-11-2017, 12:08 PM
You got a link? I could have sworn I said "IF we LOSE to LSU we COULD start 2-8"

You did say that if we lost to LSU then we would start 2-8...but you also said we were going to have a rough start to the conference season. And you disagreed with Dawg61 that Kentucky was our only guaranteed loss and that we could beat Arkansas and Tennessee.

Turfdawg67
01-11-2017, 12:34 PM

Not sure how to do that... link that is. It was last week, the day after the Alabama loss. I don't remember any ifs and coulds.

Dawg61
01-11-2017, 01:28 PM
You did say that if we lost to LSU then we would start 2-8...but you also said we were going to have a rough start to the conference season. And you disagreed with Dawg61 that Kentucky was our only guaranteed loss and that we could beat Arkansas and Tennessee.

Wait...Random wasn't right about something

https://media1.giphy.com/media/D5I4Iej3aechy/200_s.gif

MarketingBully
01-11-2017, 01:40 PM

Yes, he did. Personally, I think the only two teams in the SEC that are just playing at another level then the rest of the league are Kentucky (obviously) and Florida. I think in regards to the other teams we should be in every other game and I think we will get the game back @Alabama to split the series again.

smootness
01-11-2017, 01:42 PM
Yes, he did. Personally, I think the only two teams in the SEC that are just playing at another level then the rest of the league are Kentucky (obviously) and Florida. I think in regards to the other teams we should be in every other game and I think we will get the game back @Alabama to split the series again.

I think we could potentially beat either of those as well, though the odds are obviously pretty low. I don't think there is a team in the SEC that is above playing down enough occasionally to lose to somebody they shouldn't.

Dawg61
01-11-2017, 01:45 PM
I think we could potentially beat either of those as well, though the odds are obviously pretty low. I don't think there is a team in the SEC that is above playing down enough occasionally to lose to somebody they shouldn't.

Last time we beat Kentucky it took a technical foul on a free throw and a Jamont Gordon 30 footer to take it to OT. We ain't beating Kentucky this year. We can beat any other team in the SEC though.

BeardoMSU
01-11-2017, 01:52 PM
Last time we beat Kentucky it took a technical foul on a free throw and a Jamont Gordon 30 footer to take it to OT. We ain't beating Kentucky this year. We can beat any other team in the SEC though.

That wasn't the last time we beat them.

MarketingBully
01-11-2017, 01:57 PM

Actually, we beat them at Rupp Billy Clyde's two years in the 2007-2008 and I believe we also beat them in the 2008-2009 year as well. Haven't beaten them though in Cal's years. Would love to tag them this year. A win like that could get us in the tourney this year and could get us enough confidence for a top three finish in the SEC

smootness
01-11-2017, 01:58 PM

What does that have to do with anything? It's obviously unlikely we beat Kentucky, but it is absolutely possible.

lamont
01-11-2017, 02:10 PM
Not sure how to do that... link that is. It was last week, the day after the Alabama loss. I don't remember any ifs and coulds.

Of course you don't- because you didn't get what I said correctly

Bubb Rubb
01-11-2017, 02:23 PM
Regardless, we've got reason to be excited right now. Howland is fulfilling his promise. I can't cast one demerit on our players' effort in the last two games. We're gonna screw up, and we've especially got to cut out the pointless unforced turnovers, but we've finally got a team that can play again.

It's not going to be net gain from here out. We are young and streaky, and when our shot isn't falling, you're going to see another Alabama-type game. We aren't as physical as we need to be on the post, but we are getting better.

Make no mistake, though...this team is getting better and I expect more good days than bad as they gain more and more experience. We are on the right track.

Gutter Cobreh
01-11-2017, 02:40 PM

I went back and looked and it seems both you and Random are correct. Not sure how that happens, but I'm guessing arguing with someone who has the ability to make changes behind the scenes here at ED is a losing proposition in and of itself....

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?52185-State-at-LSU-basketball-game&p=682941#post682941

Dawg61
01-11-2017, 03:38 PM
What does that have to do with anything? It's obviously unlikely we beat Kentucky, but it is absolutely possible.

Sure it is possible smoot but it ain't happening this year. Every other team I am much more optimistic about though

MarketingBully
01-11-2017, 04:51 PM
Sure it is possible smoot but it ain't happening this year. Every other team I am much more optimistic about though

Since Barnes kicked Mostella off their team, those Tennessee games look much more winnable now as well.

smootness
01-11-2017, 04:55 PM

It's not like I think there's a 50-50 chance. I'm just saying that there were times in the past, with Cal's juggernaut teams or with Ray's teams, where it was essentially impossible to beat Kentucky. This is not one of those times. I think we'd beat them about 5-10% of the time if we played regularly.

Turfdawg67
01-11-2017, 05:48 PM
Of course you don't- because you didn't get what I said correctly

Oh I found it. There were no ifs and coulds... I'll be happy to link, just tell me how

BB30
01-11-2017, 06:33 PM
Oh I found it. There were no ifs and coulds... I'll be happy to link, just tell me how

Good luck with that... It will be spun regardless. To his defense he has defended Howland in a few threads and after watching the abomination of a game at Bama I can understand where he would have thought that. We are a very talented team that can beat anyone when we are hitting shots and lose to anyone in the conference when we are not. Our post game did seem to have been improved last night and if that continues we could make a little run for sure. Anybody with a legit big boddied 5 is going to be a struggle for us if we aren't hitting shots, applying pressure, and drawing fouls down low.

As many talented guards and stretch players as we have I would press the hell out of anyone with a solid big and try and force as many turnovers and easy buckets as possible. Speed up the game and try not to get caught in a half court set type of game.

Turfdawg67
01-11-2017, 06:52 PM
Good luck with that... It will be spun regardless. To his defense he has defended Howland in a few threads and after watching the abomination of a game at Bama I can understand where he would have thought that. We are a very talented team that can beat anyone when we are hitting shots and lose to anyone in the conference when we are not. Our post game did seem to have been improved last night and if that continues we could make a little run for sure. Anybody with a legit big boddied 5 is going to be a struggle for us if we aren't hitting shots, applying pressure, and drawing fouls down low.

As many talented guards and stretch players as we have I would press the hell out of anyone with a solid big and try and force as many turnovers and easy buckets as possible. Speed up the game and try not to get caught in a half court set type of game.

Hey it's all good. I was just as p.o.'d after the Bama game. I'm just giving RP some sh*t because he's negative a lot but says he's being objective.... when he's actually being a passionate, off the cuff fan like most of us.