PDA

View Full Version : If the Grantham hire is true it tells me a couple things

starkvegasdawg
01-10-2017, 11:59 PM
Mullen is truly no longer shopping himself at every opening and now pulling out all the stops to building a successful team long term and not trying to hire a bunch of hired guns like some other team in the state did for a flash in the pan run. If this is all lining up as it appears then we better all buckle up for the ride. It's full speed ahead.

starkvegasdawg
01-11-2017, 12:18 AM
Just realized something. The worst defense Grantham has fielded his entire career as a D.C. was still ranked 65 spots better than what we put out there this year. Right now, raise your hand if you'd take a repeat of his worst effort next year.

Commercecomet24
01-11-2017, 12:38 AM
You hit the nail on the head! Love what's been happening with the program starting with the Egg Bowl. Seems to be a new energy and I'm loving it! If we get a repeat of granthams worst we will win 8 next year. Sure does look like we are "all in"!

Todd4State
01-11-2017, 12:46 AM
You hit the nail on the head! Love what's been happening with the program starting with the Egg Bowl. Seems to be a new energy and I'm loving it! If we get a repeat of granthams worst we will win 8 next year. Sure does look like we are "all in"!

Get your season tickets now!

And speaking of energy I've been watching some videos of Grantham. I love his energy and intensity- one video he went after James Franklin of Vanderbilt which earned him major points with me right off the bat and in the second he's yelling on the sideline WE OWN THIS STATE! after they beat Kentucky in 2015.

munk_munk92
01-11-2017, 01:16 AM
I think Mullen figured out we are paying about as much as he can get and he isn't getting a job at a program like Alabama or ohio state. Seems like he is here to stay and is going to do whatever it takes to get us to the promise land. I will have season tickets this year. Let's make this season rowdy and rocking to show mullen this is what we wanted the whole time. Get us 110% effort and be loyal and we will have his back.

Todd4State
01-11-2017, 01:22 AM
I think Mullen figured out we are paying about as much as he can get and he isn't getting a job at a program like Alabama or ohio state. Seems like he is here to stay and is going to do whatever it takes to get us to the promise land. I will have season tickets this year. Let's make this season rowdy and rocking to show mullen this is what we wanted the whole time. Get us 110% effort and be loyal and we will have his back.

Thanks Jimmy Sexton!

TrapGame
01-11-2017, 08:30 AM
Just realized something. The worst defense Grantham has fielded his entire career as a D.C. was still ranked 65 spots better than what we put out there this year. Right now, raise your hand if you'd take a repeat of his worst effort next year.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbhsx2bxMQ1ror6v2.gif

lamont
01-11-2017, 08:34 AM
Tells me it's a new day with Cohen running the show.

"Hire who you need and we'll find the money to get it done"

starkvegasdawg
01-11-2017, 08:56 AM
This gif in no way has anything to do with this thread, but I liked it when I was looking for something else and just went with it.

http://imgur.com/NtaJD.gif

Bdawg
01-11-2017, 09:05 AM
HARD to blame you!!!!!

ckDOG
01-11-2017, 09:15 AM
Letting a pro have full control of the D and letting Dan focus on what Dan is good at will be a breath of fresh air. With Fitz and our RBs next year, we shouldn't have an issue having a solid clock eating ball control offense to give the new guy a great chance to succeed.

Cooterpoot
01-11-2017, 09:34 AM
Mullen has been up for one job opening since he's been at State. He had interest in one other job. He hasn't been shopping himself as much as some people say.

KB21
01-11-2017, 09:39 AM
Mullen has been up for one job opening since he's been at State. He had interest in one other job. He hasn't been shopping himself as much as some people say.

He hasn't been shopping himself at all, because if he had been, he'd be gone. He's that good of a head coach. Other schools that have an opening are not going to go away from Dan Mullen after the success he has had at Mississippi State. If he wanted another job, he'd have it.

Bubb Rubb
01-11-2017, 09:57 AM
He hasn't been shopping himself at all, because if he had been, he'd be gone. He's that good of a head coach. Other schools that have an opening are not going to go away from Dan Mullen after the success he has had at Mississippi State. If he wanted another job, he'd have it.

The only constant in the last 20 years of Mississippi State message boards is your douchiness.

KB21
01-11-2017, 09:59 AM
The only constant in the last 20 years of Mississippi State message boards is your douchiness.

Has it been that long? I'm getting old.

DovaDawg
01-11-2017, 10:17 AM

I'll be honest, I think this is the biggest benefit of the NCAA camping out at Ole Miss. I think Mullen was frustrated with chasing after kids, only to have the Bears come in and offer a pot of money at the last minute. Now that the playing table has been leveled again, I think Mullen has found renewed confidence.

Dawgtini
01-11-2017, 10:20 AM
Agreed. +1

mparkerfd20
01-11-2017, 11:00 AM
This gif in no way has anything to do with this thread, but I liked it when I was looking for something else and just went with it.

Actually it has everything to do with this thread. She looks like she's interested in the D.

Dawgology
01-11-2017, 11:04 AM

http://imgur.com/NtaJD.gif

that's a movie called "Havoc". Watch the rest of the scene....You'll thank me later

parabrave
01-11-2017, 11:53 AM
I hope his first hire is to go get the db coach from Miami (O) and make him tackling coordinator.