PDA

View Full Version : Bears and Shea Shea creating a new NCAA rule?

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-10-2017, 12:49 PM
Bears always on the cutting edge...From espn...

One of the buzz words from Tuesday's NCAA recruiting seminar is: IAWP. As part of recruiting reform, the NCAA has proposed during a two-year period before a recruit's anticipated enrollment and a two-year period after the recruit's enrollment, an institution shall not employ individuals associated with a prospect (IAWP) in a non-coaching staff position.

A violation of the IAWP rule would result in the associated recruit's permanent ineligibility at the hiring institution. This is the current rule in basketball and hopes to eliminate schools from hiring somebody tied with a recruit to a director of football operations, video coordinator, or analyst job as a favor to encourage the recruit to come to that school.

codeDawg
01-10-2017, 12:55 PM
Rules created from Ole Miss tactics I remember:

Houston Nutt rule
Massoli rule
now Patterson rule?

MetEdDawg
01-10-2017, 12:56 PM

One of the buzz words from Tuesday's NCAA recruiting seminar is: IAWP. As part of recruiting reform, the NCAA has proposed during a two-year period before a recruit's anticipated enrollment and a two-year period after the recruit's enrollment, an institution shall not employ individuals associated with a prospect (IAWP) in a non-coaching staff position.

A violation of the IAWP rule would result in the associated recruit's permanent ineligibility at the hiring institution. This is the current rule in basketball and hopes to eliminate schools from hiring somebody tied with a recruit to a director of football operations, video coordinator, or analyst job as a favor to encourage the recruit to come to that school.

This should have happened a long time ago. This is definitely something that should be regulated.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-10-2017, 12:56 PM
No mo heppin'?

shannondawg
01-10-2017, 01:00 PM
Thats innovation for them, and a case for having an attorney for compliance director. What they did was not ethical but not illegal, now it is.

starkvegasdawg
01-10-2017, 01:08 PM

And the bears scream witch hunt in unison.

BeastMan
01-10-2017, 01:12 PM
Saban forces a rule change almost yearly. I'd like to see MSU push the envelope as well. Utilize a legal loophole until it closes.

BeardoMSU
01-10-2017, 01:14 PM
And the bears scream witch hunt in unison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lu5_5Od7WY

Political Hack
01-10-2017, 01:19 PM
Saban forces a rule change almost yearly. I'd like to see MSU push the envelope as well. Utilize a legal loophole until it closes.

Lmao. Yeah right. We'd tuck tail and hide shivering under our desks before we pushed the envelope.

Also, this should be called the Freeze rule. He rode Oher's coat tails, remember? Old trick...

msstate7
01-10-2017, 01:23 PM

2nd least viewed championship game since '05. People are sick of bama and this will lead to less power for Saban imo.

Saltydog
01-10-2017, 01:23 PM
N

Reason2succeed
01-10-2017, 02:25 PM

Houston Nutt rule
Massoli rule
now Patterson rule?

OM with its top flight law school is just helping the lowly NCAA rewrite the rule book. We should be thankful.***

gtowndawg
01-10-2017, 02:29 PM

Houston Nutt rule
Massoli rule
now Patterson rule?

I wouldn't be surprised if a very specific "burner phone" type rule comes out as well.

tireddawg
01-10-2017, 02:31 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if a very specific "burner phone" type rule comes out as well.

My thoughts..

Reason2succeed
01-10-2017, 02:46 PM

The NCAA isn't at OM for any investigation. They are just getting free legal advice from helpful Rebels.***

confucius say
01-10-2017, 02:56 PM

I hear those cell phones have cameras

blacklistedbully
01-10-2017, 03:06 PM

Houston Nutt rule
Massoli rule
now Patterson rule?

Let's not forget the "Dick Pace Rule". While not exactly an "Ole Miss tactic", Ole Miss fan and referee Dick Pace screwed us out of a critical win on a bogus PI call that gave UNM the ball on our goal line for one final play. It was after that the rule was changed to a 15-yard penalty.

I seen it dawg
01-10-2017, 03:49 PM
**** those shitbirds

CarolinaDawgs
01-10-2017, 04:16 PM
2nd least viewed championship game since '05. People are sick of bama and this will lead to less power for Saban imo.

Has much more to do with it being on ESPN than being Bama.

notsofarawaydawg
01-10-2017, 04:59 PM
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p572/sixpaksux/witchhunt_zpspe0dsfnj.jpg

lastmajordog
01-10-2017, 06:32 PM
Let's not forget the "Dick Pace Rule". While not exactly an "Ole Miss tactic", Ole Miss fan and referee Dick Pace screwed us out of a critical win on a bogus PI call that gave UNM the ball on our goal line for one final play. It was after that the rule was changed to a 15-yard penalty.

Glad you remembered that.....

RocketDawg
01-10-2017, 07:07 PM

Where did the alleged PI occur? If it was in the end zone, the ball still would be placed on the 1 yard line, would it not? Or is the penalty a maximum of 15, with it on the 1 instead of half the distance?

RocketDawg
01-10-2017, 07:11 PM
Has much more to do with it being on ESPN than being Bama.

Yep, since it's only available on cable/satellite/streaming rather than on a real broadcast station. Why would they do that? It's not exactly like removing the drivel they show on ABC at nights would have any negative effect.

blacklistedbully
01-10-2017, 07:33 PM
Where did the alleged PI occur? If it was in the end zone, the ball still would be placed on the 1 yard line, would it not? Or is the penalty a maximum of 15, with it on the 1 instead of half the distance?

It's always 15 yards max in college. It's a spot foul if less than 15 yards on the pass attempt...unless the ball was inside the 15, in which case it's half-the-distance-to-the-goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DocxZM1lQEg

RocketDawg
01-10-2017, 07:36 PM
It's always 15 yards in college...unless the ball was inside the 15, in which case it's half-the-distance-to-the-goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DocxZM1lQEg

It wasn't last night at the end of the game. Clemson got the ball on the 1 after the PI that supposedly was in the end zone (but appeared to be on the 2 or so); half the distance would have put the ball on about the 8 as I recall.

Bdawg
01-10-2017, 08:13 PM
It wasn't last night at the end of the game. Clemson got the ball on the 1 after the PI that supposedly was in the end zone (but appeared to be on the 2 or so); half the distance would have put the ball on about the 8 as I recall.

If it's in the endzone, the ball is placed on the two yard line. Now if the line of scrimmage is outside the 15 or 20 or out to the 50, I'm not sure what they do. Like if you throw a hail mary and get a PI in the endzone with time left, I'm not sure if it's a 15 yard penalty or get it on the two. I just can't remember.

CarolinaDawgs
01-10-2017, 08:20 PM
If it's in the endzone, the ball is placed on the two yard line. Now if the line of scrimmage is outside the 15 or 20 or out to the 50, I'm not sure what they do. Like if you throw a hail mary and get a PI in the endzone with time left, I'm not sure if it's a 15 yard penalty or get it on the two. I just can't remember.

NM