PDA

View Full Version : Fitz Named Early Heisman Favorite by Fox Sports

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2017, 09:36 AM
I didn't see Pay Shea the QB for Hey Hugh on the list. Perhaps I missed him.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/gallery/2017-heisman-trophy-odds-favorites-preview-predictions-lamar-jackson-sam-darnold-011017

mparkerfd20
01-10-2017, 09:53 AM
Comparing Fitz stats to others on that list, Fitz really did have a hell of a year. And to think he can only get better.

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2017, 10:01 AM
I feel like we should put a "WRs Needed" ad attached to this thread

BB30
01-10-2017, 10:07 AM

Eh we will be fine at WR next year we will need some help the following year though IMO. We have absolutely got to land one stud in this cycle or land a stud juco or two in next years cycle for us to reach our potential in 18.

SaintDawg
01-10-2017, 10:15 AM
That's some damn fine company to be in.

WSOPdawg
01-10-2017, 10:16 AM

It is somewhat mind-boggling that Dan hasn't been able to attract the top-20 WR type in his career. If Fitz takes the next step in '17 that we all expect, that should start to change.

Tbonewannabe
01-10-2017, 10:17 AM
Hopefully Todd is as good as people think. It would be nice to get a juco.

WSOPdawg
01-10-2017, 10:21 AM
Is LSU-commit Stephen Guidry still "in-play?" I thought I saw the other day where that wasn't a done deal after all.

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2017, 10:21 AM
It is somewhat mind-boggling that Dan hasn't been able to attract the top-20 WR type in his career. If Fitz takes the next step in '17 that we all expect, that should start to change.

After Dak, now Fiz, & with Key waiting in he wings, it's quickly becoming mind boggling.

We are offering a great opportunity for WRs to play with top shelf QBs, & they'd rather go block at LSU

starkvegasdawg
01-10-2017, 10:29 AM
I didn't see Pay Shea the QB for Hey Hugh on the list. Perhaps I missed him.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/gallery/2017-heisman-trophy-odds-favorites-preview-predictions-lamar-jackson-sam-darnold-011017

Killaburger and SDS will have about 5 stories out shortly listing Pay Shea as the next Heisman winner.

MetEdDawg
01-10-2017, 10:30 AM
I feel like with the right DC we are an 8-10 win team next year. Lot of people don't think so, but I think we are. OL should be better even with the losses. RBs will be solid. Fitz will be better. WR will suffer a little early but I think they will be good enough to get the job done.

Question is defense. How is the secondary? Bryant better? DL gets more pressure and gets more TFL and sacks. Better tackling, fewer big plays. If our defense can be top half of the SEC we will be tough to beat.

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2017, 10:32 AM
Killaburger and SDS will have about 5 stories out shortly listing Pay Shea as the next Heisman winner.

No doubt. That's exactly how this typically works

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2017, 10:37 AM
I feel like with the right DC we are an 8-10 win team next year. Lot of people don't think so, but I think we are. OL should be better even with the losses. RBs will be solid. Fitz will be better. WR will suffer a little early but I think they will be good enough to get the job done.

Question is defense. How is the secondary? Bryant better? DL gets more pressure and gets more TFL and sacks. Better tackling, fewer big plays. If our defense can be top half of the SEC we will be tough to beat.

I think we'll be a better team than our record.

We are moving in the right direction & just have to keep doing things the right way & building.

When your building, sometimes it feels like your stuck & not moving forward while, in reality, you are.

If you want to know how far MSU has come, think about how different the expectations for the football program are for people who began following the program in 1990 compared those who began following he program in 1970 or so.

We are making progress & must keep pushing, keep going to bowl games, & we'll get where we all want to be. We may all be dead by then, but we'll get there

Mjoelner34
01-10-2017, 10:49 AM

The only question is will the first story come before or after the bumper stickers proclaiming it.

TaleofTwoDogs
01-10-2017, 10:50 AM
It's not to late to switch Fitz to his natural position, TE. ***

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-10-2017, 11:11 AM
love the picture they used as well..

Tbonewannabe
01-10-2017, 11:59 AM
It's not to late to switch Fitz to his natural position, TE. ***

We are TE U. Reggie Kelly, Donald Lee, Dak, and now Fitz.

TStationDawg
01-10-2017, 12:09 PM
No Jalen Hurts on that list either. Still won't keep him from being PRE and POST season All-SEC 1st team. Ridiculous.

vv83
01-10-2017, 02:02 PM
Is LSU-commit Stephen Guidry still "in-play?" I thought I saw the other day where that wasn't a done deal after all.

Check the recruiting thread pinned to the top. There's some good info on him in there