PDA

View Full Version : Saban

Dawg61
01-10-2017, 02:34 AM
gonna go off to protect his freshman QB. Hurts getting ripped on social media tonight. Bama's defense lost that game and their backup QBs transferring came back to haunt them. Not the freshman QB with zero turnovers and the go-ahead run at the end. 31 points is supposed to be a guaranteed win for Bama. Sark's play calling was shit too.

BeardoMSU
01-10-2017, 02:53 AM
Hurt was pretty horrendous on 3rd down (not to mention his Comp%), tonight. But you're correct: 31 points should be enough for Bama to win the game.

Todd4State
01-10-2017, 03:02 AM
Bo Scarbrough going down hurt them a lot as well.

Dawg61
01-10-2017, 03:04 AM
Bo Scarbrough going down hurt them a lot as well.

Yea this was a huge loss for them, Scarbrough was having a great first half

TUSK
01-10-2017, 04:16 AM
I kinda thought Clemson had some things fall in their way, but they nutted up and took it.... regardless...

best game I've seen in a while... Dabo & Watson deserved this, IMO....

Schultzy
01-10-2017, 07:54 AM
Will Saban get criticism for spiking Kiffin? Can we call this firing a stupid, arrogant move on Saban part? Will Tusk be able to forgive Sarkisian for this?
No
Yes
No

dawgday166
01-10-2017, 08:13 AM
gonna go off to protect his freshman QB. Hurts getting ripped on social media tonight. Bama's defense lost that game and their backup QBs transferring came back to haunt them. Not the freshman QB with zero turnovers and the go-ahead run at the end. 31 points is supposed to be a guaranteed win for Bama. Sark's play calling was shit too.

Good post. That's one thing I like about Saban. He may go off on his players but he don't let anyone else do it.

I don't understand the Hurts hate. He didn't play great but he did nothing to lose the game for them. Had a couple key drops during the game in pretty crucial situations too. And that last drive, he and the O put their team in a position to win. It's the first time all year Bama has faced a team that had enough on both sides of the ball to compete with them.

Add to that the plays Watson and the Clemson receivers made that were highlight reel plays ... can't blame it on Hurts.

dawgday166
01-10-2017, 08:22 AM
I kinda thought Clemson had some things fall in their way, but they nutted up and took it.... regardless...

best game I've seen in a while... Dabo & Watson deserved this, IMO....

Good post dude. They did have a couple of breaks and refs actually let them get away with a couple of calls. And they sure nutted up after the 1st quarter or so. You gotta slug it out for 60 minutes when you play Bama. If you didn't have so many Natty's in your recent history I'd feel for you bro.

Dabo and staff had a great game plan. Wish our coaches could coach like that. Winning games ain't always about out-executing your opponents.

basedog
01-10-2017, 08:26 AM
Hurts ----Freshmen will be Freshmen. It happens from time to time even when folks and media phrase them so much.

He will be much better next year just from the experience.

Play calling did look questionable.

Gutter Cobreh
01-10-2017, 08:31 AM
Good post dude. They did have a couple of breaks and refs actually let them get away with a couple of calls. And they sure nutted up after the 1st quarter or so. You gotta slug it out for 60 minutes when you play Bama. If you didn't have so many Natty's in your recent history I'd feel for you bro.

Dabo and staff had a great game plan. Wish our coaches could coach like that. Winning games ain't always about out-executing your opponents.

Being able to run 99 plays on offense is obviously the recipe for taking down Bama... If Bama sustains a few drives within that game, no doubt a different outcome. They didn't capitalize when they got turnovers and kept going 3 and out over and over and over....

CarolinaDawgs
01-10-2017, 08:50 AM
If Bama sustains a few drives within that game, no doubt a different outcome. They didn't capitalize when they got turnovers and kept going 3 and out over and over and over....

This is the key IMO. Bama snapping the ball with 20 seconds left on the play clock repeatedly for 4 or 5 drives and throwing incomplete passes was just unbearably hard to watch. I still have no doubt in my mind that Bama shouldve rolled on those cats. Horrendous clock management. Its like they wanted clemson to score in the 4th quarter. These are common sense things doesnt take a genius to know that the more time you bleed the less time they have to score.

Martianlander
01-10-2017, 09:07 AM
Hurts ----Freshmen will be Freshmen. It happens from time to time even when folks and media phrase them so much.

He will be much better next year just from the experience.

Play calling did look questionable.

As Al McGuire used to say, "The best thing about freshmen is they become sophomores".

3rdGen
01-10-2017, 09:15 AM

1. Scarborough went down and that was one advantage that they had to have to win. They needed to wear down the d in the second half running and couldn't do it.
2. The catches that the receivers for Clemson made to extend drives and get them down the field were INSANE! If we could get some receivers like that we could be sniffing 2nd in the west. The throws, some were great throws and where they need to be, some were not and the receivers just went up and snatched them out of the air. He was putting the touch on the ball to allow the receivers to be able to handle the ball in the air. Not too hard and over there heads.

maroonmania
01-10-2017, 10:05 AM
Bama's defense just wore the crap out. Saban and crew should have seen the number of plays being run by Clemson and done more to shorten the game. Bama was getting possessions in the 3rd and 4th quarter where they were 3 and out with 2 incomplete passes mixed in which just kept prolonging the game because almost no time was coming off the clock before the possession went right back to Clemson.

BB30
01-10-2017, 10:15 AM
1. Scarborough went down and that was one advantage that they had to have to win. They needed to wear down the d in the second half running and couldn't do it.
2. The catches that the receivers for Clemson made to extend drives and get them down the field were INSANE! If we could get some receivers like that we could be sniffing 2nd in the west. The throws, some were great throws and where they need to be, some were not and the receivers just went up and snatched them out of the air. He was putting the touch on the ball to allow the receivers to be able to handle the ball in the air. Not too hard and over there heads.

When you play that much man it will happen with a receiver like Williams. That guy is a beast. I still can't believe they didn't have help on him on that last drive.

I was very impressed with little Renfroe that dude can play. He is smart, heady just an all around solid player.

As for Hurts he is talented but I just don't think he is what Alabama needs. They have plenty of talented RBs to carry the load. All they need is a guy at QB that can complete the 3rd and 5s and hit a PA down the field just to keep the D honest. The only thing I saw hurts do was complete bubble screens and run.

Was the best game of the year by far IMO the playoff got it right two years in a row.