PDA

View Full Version : UTSA already with more points on OSU than us...7-7 first Quarter

PMDawg
09-07-2013, 11:39 AM
That's a shame. The quick pass strategy works at every school in the country, but we can't do it. That's so frustrating.

DapperDawg
09-07-2013, 11:45 AM
This game is about to give us some more insight into how bad our offense actually is.

bocfarm
09-07-2013, 11:59 AM
We're terrible, you guys can debate it, make excuses, whatever you want to do but we just have no identity and there's no one to blame but Mullen

Osu's defense is as weak as it was last yr, wait and see

Coach34
09-07-2013, 12:01 PM
They gameplanned all offseason for us- and you know damn well they aren't up for this game.

There was no excuse for us not to score- none at all- but nobody expected them to shutout Tex-SA today

msstate7
09-07-2013, 12:04 PM
They gameplanned all offseason for us- and you know damn well they aren't up for this game.

There was no excuse for us not to score- none at all- but nobody expected them to shutout Tex-SA today

I agree with this. That said if utsa puts up 28 and we score less than 28 is it panic time?

DapperDawg
09-07-2013, 12:07 PM
They did in 2 drives what we couldn't do in an entire game. I did expect them to have to work harder than they did to get that 1st TD.

RougeDawg
09-07-2013, 12:10 PM
That's a shame. The quick pass strategy works at every school in the country, but we can't do it. That's so frustrating.

We couldn't score in the Amsterdam red light district with a suitcase of Benjamin's if Russell is QB. Being quick and hitting quick passes are foreign to our 5th yr senior QB. He has not gotten any better since his soph yr and has now added the "shell shocked" element to his repertoire of concrete feet and slow reaction time.

It's time to move on and I hope everyone on our program has realized this.

Coach34
09-07-2013, 12:16 PM
Roxxxxxxxxanneeeee- those days are ovahhhhh, you don't have to sell your body to the night....

HereComesTheSpiral
09-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Just wow, we either have a completely inept offense or an incompetent coach who doesn't know how to use his talent. I'm going with a coaching problem.

MarketingBully01
09-07-2013, 12:40 PM
Nice try idiots. OSU up 35-7 at the half. Gotta love our fans. We left 17-21 points off the board too. Lets all panic after OSU wins this game 70-7 or I think they darn sure will try.

MarketingBully01
09-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Are you guys seriously listening to yourselves? If Joe Morrow doesn't get a holding call on that first drive, we score a TD. The second drive we drove it deep as well but it ended with an interception. We were in the redzone four times and left 17-21 points off the board. Am I happy with our offensive production last week? Hell no. Do I think it's reason to panic because UTSA scored a TD? Hell no as well. I think now we are seeing just how good our defense can be holding that offense to just 21. Like I said in my previous post. They could put 70 on these guys and probably will.

Dannyripms
09-07-2013, 12:51 PM
I really don't think it really matters who you have at qb if they play calling sucks. To be honest I'd rather have tr in there. Just let him sling the ball deep often and quit running those stupid slow developing running plays. We can win with tr in there. Look at bama. Just gotta call plays better

Dannyripms
09-07-2013, 12:53 PM
I mean you think having dak in there running is gonna make the line block better? If the play takes too long to develope I see him getting he lunch ate up in the backfield. It's just the plays all the way around. I guess we will see in a little bit

BossDawg
09-07-2013, 01:06 PM
If Joe Morrow doesn't get a holding call on that first drive, we score a TD. The second drive we drove it deep as well but it ended with an interception. We were in the redzone four times and left 17-21 points off the board

If ifs and buts were cand.........ah forget it.

Coach34
09-07-2013, 01:14 PM
I mean you think having dak in there running is gonna make the line block better? it

Yes, yes I do.

We will have more blockers at the POA and we will be running different running plays. I fully expect the OL to look better with Dak in there...just like the OL looked better when we switched from Crooms to Mullen

PMDawg
09-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Nice try idiots. OSU up 35-7 at the half. Gotta love our fans. We left 17-21 points off the board too. Lets all panic after OSU wins this game 70-7 or I think they darn sure will try.

you can always tell the most useless posters when their immediate response is name calling and "worst fans evah!!11!!!!11". Alabama has won 3 of the last 4 nattys and their fans were/are complaining after a 20+ point win over Virginia Tech. If you don't care enough about your team to moan and complain when things aren't perfect, then you're probably not really a fan anyway. All fanbases act just like ours, don't fool yourself. Fans are emotionally invested. Everyone on here who complains about our fans has at one time or another acted in the exact same way that they pretend to loathe. EVERY ONE. It's part of it, so get off your soapbox, quit calling names, and add to the discussion.

As such - even if UTSA gets beat 70-7, they still outscore us by 4. Yes, there are plenty of legit reasons (and excuses about referees and holding calls), but it's still true. And it's still a shame. Even if OSU wins it all, we still score TDs on Bama & LSU. A FG against OSU is embarrassing.

PMDawg
09-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Yes, yes I do.

We will have more blockers at the POA and we will be running different running plays. I fully expect the OL to look better with Dak in there...just like the OL looked better when we switched from Crooms to Mullen

Even though Mullen said he won't change the play calling just b/c Dak's in there? Is this just b/c Dak will keep it more (than Tyler) on the read option? Or are you talking about next year?

HereComesTheSpiral
09-07-2013, 01:33 PM
If Joe Morrow doesn't get a holding call on that first drive, we score a TD. The second drive we drove it deep as well but it ended with an interception. We were in the redzone four times and left 17-21 points off the board.

If my aunt had a dick she would be my uncle.

DapperDawg
09-07-2013, 01:48 PM
+1

hacker
09-07-2013, 02:03 PM
you can always tell the most useless posters when their immediate response is name calling and "worst fans evah!!11!!!!11".

It's part of it, so get off your soapbox, quit calling names, and add to the discussion.

Such irony.

(Yes, I realize this adds to the rabbit hole.)

MarketingBully01
09-07-2013, 02:09 PM
What discussion? All this is is a bitchfest over something that we can't control and it has already happened so there really isn't anything we can do. Lets just cheer on MSU today to a victory. Will you guys still bring this up if we are 3-1 heading into the LSU game? So we sucked on offense against a top 10 team. It happens!!!

ScoobaDawg
09-07-2013, 03:11 PM

Well utsa ended up with 35 points... They excited on chances against the osu defense we did not. Reminder of just how pathetic that game was

MarketingBully01
09-07-2013, 03:13 PM
They scored all 28 of those points against 3rd 4th string OSU guys. Good job. Still got clobbered. Give it up. We are playing our game now and up 14-0. Lets talk about that...