PDA

View Full Version : Sirmon

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2017, 05:52 PM
Rumors a floating.

What is Eliteleaks hearing?

lamont
01-09-2017, 05:57 PM
Dont know about EL- but I've heard he is shopping around. Mullen tries to hang on to assts until after signing day- with the coaches convention coming up- we'll see. I wont be surprised either way

Leeshouldveflanked
01-09-2017, 05:59 PM
Hearing the competitive Cheerleading is better in Colorado....

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-09-2017, 06:08 PM
Rumor is dc at Colorado. Can't believe anyone would want him.

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2017, 06:09 PM
So have a bad DC, who's son committed to Washington, & who is now shopping himself?

Why wouldn't Mullen just fire him tomorrow & make sure another guy is in here before visits? What exactly is Sirmon bringing to the program at this point?

BTW, just a brutal hire by Mullen. By far the worst single hire he's made.

And get this, if Sirmon leaves, Linquist is expected to go with him. Mullen's defensive hirings just about beat anything I've ever seen. At this point, it's become embarrassing.

maroonmania
01-09-2017, 06:13 PM
So have a bad DC, who's son committed to Washington, & who is now shopping himself?

Why wouldn't Mullen just fire him tomorrow & make sure another guy is in here before visits? What exactly is Sirmon bringing to the program at this point?

Usually better not to rock the boat ahead of signing day. After that I would be fine if we go a different direction at DC. Actually more than fine. I never liked the hire from day one. There are a slew of VERY good DCs in the Group of 5 schools. Why do we not look at some of those because they are already doing the same job??

msstate7
01-09-2017, 06:15 PM

And get this, if Sirmon leaves, Linquist is expected to go with him. Mullen's defensive hirings just about beat anything I've ever seen. At this point, it's become embarrassing.

Mullen's last 2 defensive hires before sirmon are the HC at temple and DC at Miami. Apparently a team that was 2nd in the pac12 wants sirmon. Apparently Mullen has done ok at finding DCs.

maroonmania
01-09-2017, 06:18 PM
Mullen's last 2 defensive hires before sirmon are the HC at temple and DC at Miami. Apparently a team that was 2nd in the pac12 wants sirmon. Apparently Mullen has done ok at finding DCs.

I don't think anyone was complaining much until Sirmon. Diaz and Collins were the 2 best DCs Mullen has had and BOTH were successful DCs at a lower level school (MTSU and FIU) before coming to MSU. That is a good formula to follow.

Big4Dawg
01-09-2017, 06:33 PM

So are you mad if Linquist leaves? I can't tell

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2017, 06:41 PM
So are you mad if Linquist leaves? I can't tell

Not really. Just means we have to restart on defense.

I'm tired of it. Just wish we could have some ensemble of continuity that would allow us to build one year to the next .

preachermatt83
01-09-2017, 06:49 PM
Sirmon is the worst dc we've had since torbush. I hope like crap he does leave.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-09-2017, 06:49 PM
Not really. Just means we have to restart on defense.

I'm tired of it. Just wish we could have some ensemble of continuity that would allow us to build one year to the next .
Not just anyone can run Mullen's D.....

Irondawg
01-09-2017, 06:51 PM
The question is why is he shopping?

msstate7
01-09-2017, 07:00 PM
If he goes, get Nate woody. He's run a 3-4 at app st and finished top 20 in total defense the last 2 seasons

WinningIsRelentless
01-09-2017, 07:04 PM
Word is he was given a ultimatedam

Dawg61
01-09-2017, 07:07 PM

You're melting before he's left. Do you tell the chef the steak sucks before you eat it too?

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2017, 07:08 PM

What a disaster of a hire. Mullen is lucky this isn't costing him his job. Most head coaches don't get the opportunity to be an awful coordinator hire and keep their job to revenge it.

Big4Dawg
01-09-2017, 07:08 PM

Of what? Don't suck or you're fired?

Bodaski
01-09-2017, 07:19 PM

I don't believe he was given that word!!!!

DawgNamedScuba
01-09-2017, 07:23 PM
Croom for DC**

HSVDawg
01-09-2017, 07:24 PM
The question is why is he shopping?

Because he doesn't want a 2-year stint to be his only ever shot as a coordinator. Without his group doing a complete 180 next season, that is what would happen. Leaving probably buys him another year at least, and also gives him a more manageable slate of teams to scheme against than the SEC West.

JoseBrown
01-09-2017, 07:25 PM
Finally I say. Looks like continuity does not win out in the end. Why try to establish continuity with the worst DC hire made in a long time? I never got it, and glad it appears to be coming to an end. If Dan goes out and gets him a real DC I'd imagine our defense will be drastically improved.

RocketDawg
01-09-2017, 07:27 PM
I don't believe that word!!!!

Probably can't blame that one on autocorrect. :)

civildawg
01-09-2017, 07:33 PM
Do we go back to the 4-3 if he leaves?

Todd4State
01-09-2017, 07:37 PM
If he leaves we need to go back to the Sun Belt or C-USA and hire the top coordinator in those leagues. Dan's best defensive hires are former Sun Belt DC's- Collins and Manny x2.

Todd4State
01-09-2017, 07:38 PM

Depends on the coordinator if I had to guess. The top guy in the Sun Belt is a 3-4 guy.

Todd4State
01-09-2017, 07:40 PM
Usually better not to rock the boat ahead of signing day. After that I would be fine if we go a different direction at DC. Actually more than fine. I never liked the hire from day one. There are a slew of VERY good DCs in the Group of 5 schools. Why do we not look at some of those because they are already doing the same job??

That's because his defensive guys are often times his best recruiters. If Linquist leaves we'll probably just promote Austin to safeties coach.

Bodaski
01-09-2017, 07:59 PM
This is Mullen's defense plain and simple. Pretty much the same approach, regardless of who has thee DC title. If I'm Cohen, there are some questions about so much turnover on defense. I would ask Mullen and particularly why and let him know its a concern for stability. It is being used against us, that's for sure to defensive players. Its not a good look in recruiting.

BeardoMSU
01-09-2017, 08:14 PM
http://imgur.com/48YaEdI.jpg

maroonmania
01-09-2017, 08:20 PM
That's because his defensive guys are often times his best recruiters. If Linquist leaves we'll probably just promote Austin to safeties coach.

Did you respond to the appropriate post? Not following your response.

msbulldog
01-09-2017, 08:31 PM
If there was an ultimatum, Cohen probably had a hand in it.

HoopsDawg
01-09-2017, 09:06 PM
This is Mullen's defense plain and simple. Pretty much the same approach, regardless of who has thee DC title. If I'm Cohen, there are some questions about so much turnover on defense. I would ask Mullen and particularly why and let him know its a concern for stability. It is being used against us, that's for sure to defensive players. Its not a good look in recruiting.

false narrative.

bulldawg28
01-09-2017, 09:09 PM
What a disaster of a hire. Mullen is lucky this isn't costing him his job. Most head coaches don't get the opportunity to be an awful coordinator hire and keep their job to revenge it.

Does you take meds? You're on the ledge always

BeastMan
01-09-2017, 09:09 PM

The "since" isn't needed. Maybe the worst in my lifetime.

HoopsDawg
01-09-2017, 09:11 PM
The "since" isn't needed. Maybe the worst in my lifetime.

Ron Cooper was the worst, but Sirmon is the 2nd worst. I really hope he gets that Colorado job!!

HoopsDawg
01-09-2017, 09:14 PM

Hopefully,Mullen just find the best D-coordinator available, someone with experience as a DC, and lets him run whatever he wants to run. I don't think we need to search for a 3-4 guy necessarily, just find the right guy.

Saltydog
01-09-2017, 09:17 PM
Freaking pathetic.

msstate7
01-09-2017, 09:19 PM
We should go get Brent venables**

01-09-2017, 09:40 PM
Hopefully,Mullen just find the best D-coordinator available, someone with experience as a DC, and lets him run whatever he wants to run. I don't think we need to search for a 3-4 guy necessarily, just find the right guy.

**insert 2016 thread, 2015 thread, 2014 thread, 2013 thread, etc; here** ****

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2017, 10:02 PM
**insert 2016 thread, 2015 thread, 2014 thread, 2013 thread, etc; here** ****

Yup

At some point are the fans owed an explanation here?

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

Dawg61
01-09-2017, 10:11 PM
If he leaves we need to go back to the Sun Belt or C-USA and hire the top coordinator in those leagues. Dan's best defensive hires are former Sun Belt DC's- Collins and Manny x2.

Depends on the coordinator if I had to guess. The top guy in the Sun Belt is a 3-4 guy.

Good job learning that multiple quotes function right next to "reply with quote". We all love these Todd AMA threads.

https://media.giphy.com/media/S1Ap7GTcjToZy/giphy.gif

CadaverDawg
01-09-2017, 10:13 PM
I didn't want Collins to leave. I didn't want Manny to leave either time.

As for Sirmon....Get the hell out. I don't give a shit if it costs us a recruit. He is infecting our D with PAC12 softness. Please go to Colorado or anywhere else

Todd4State
01-09-2017, 10:42 PM
Good job learning that multiple quotes function right next to "reply with quote". We all love these Todd AMA threads.

Good job of me pissing you off since you don't like it.

Dawgtini
01-09-2017, 10:44 PM

Careful my friend. You'll end up in the TITS list (and he will start sending you pm's).

+1

Todd4State
01-09-2017, 10:45 PM
Did you respond to the appropriate post? Not following your response.

Not sure but my point is Dan doesn't want to lose guys on the defensive side during recruiting season because in general our better recruiters are on that side of the ball. Like Hughes, Chris Wilson, etc.

Todd4State
01-09-2017, 10:47 PM
Careful my friend. You'll end up in the TITS list (and he will start sending you pm's).

+1

Only if the only thing you post about on here is me. Glad you care so much bitch.

Why don't you tell people about how you posted about me on sixpack because you didn't think I posted there anymore? What a joke you are.

Dawgtini
01-09-2017, 10:53 PM
Only if the only thing you post about on here is me. Glad you care so much bitch.

Why don't you tell people about how you posted about me on sixpack because you didn't think I posted there anymore? What a joke you are.

https://media.giphy.com/media/HJTBvT7cTQqFq/giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Dawg61
01-09-2017, 10:59 PM
Not sure but my point is Dan doesn't want to lose guys on the defensive side during recruiting season because in general our better recruiters are on that side of the ball. Like Hughes, Chris Wilson, etc.

Nobody is above improving this board dude and when you reply to multiple posts in a row it is an eye sore for the reader. Just use the button right next to the "reply with quote". You're welcome for me teaching you something you don't know after 16,811 posts.

http://media0.giphy.com/media/wTzPSxZBqSove/giphy.gif

Todd4State
01-09-2017, 11:02 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/HJTBvT7cTQqFq/giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Seriously? What the **** is your problem? What did I do to you? I think I've sent you what? One PM? And there wasn't anything bad in it at all. Feel free to share it. Am I ****ing your girlfriend or something? Just weird.

Todd4State
01-09-2017, 11:03 PM
Nobody is above improving this board dude and when you reply to multiple posts in a row it is an eye sore for the reader. Just use the button right next to the "reply with quote". You're welcome for me teaching you something you don't know after 16,811 posts.

You mad bro?**

Reason2succeed
01-09-2017, 11:22 PM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j60/bluinkalchemist/Well_that_escalated_quickly_zpsf0d90e2d.jpg

Todd4State
01-09-2017, 11:27 PM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j60/bluinkalchemist/Well_that_escalated_quickly_zpsf0d90e2d.jpg

No kidding. You've got Dawg61 trying to pretend like he is my own personal moderator and then you have Dawgtini who of his last 10 posts the past two weeks five were about me. Just ridiculous.

Dawg61
01-09-2017, 11:36 PM
No kidding. You've got Dawg61 trying to pretend like he is my own personal moderator

You could just stop having multiple posts in a row like everyone else on this board but you're a special flower so...

https://michaelpiff.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/bryce-harper-hair-flip.gif

Dawgtini
01-09-2017, 11:50 PM
Seriously? What the **** is your problem? What did I do to you? I think I've sent you what? One PM? And there wasn't anything bad in it at all. Feel free to share it. Am I ****ing your girlfriend or something? Just weird.
No Bro, you are surely good. All my girlfriends are actual women.

Todd4State
01-09-2017, 11:50 PM
You could just stop having multiple posts in a row like everyone else on this board but you're a special flower so...

https://michaelpiff.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/bryce-harper-hair-flip.gif

The only reason I do it that way is so that the person that I am responded to can see it more easily rather than have however many quotes jumbled up in one post. It's funny that after all this time of doing it for years since this board's inception it's just now bothering you after our little internet argument this past week or so. Perhaps it's time for both of us to move on.

Todd4State
01-09-2017, 11:54 PM
No Bro, you are surely good. All my girlfriends are men that dress like women.

Fixed it for you.

Six out of eleven about Todd4State.

Dawg61
01-10-2017, 12:07 AM
Perhaps it's time for both of us to move on.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/357ae3afdd5780e25a7a59ce11865b90/tumblr_nqrihtVxyM1uymzloo1_500.gif

Dawgtini
01-10-2017, 12:43 AM
Fixed it for you.

Sex out of sex about TITS.

FIFY. My gender fluid brother.

Todd4State
01-10-2017, 12:57 AM
FIFY. My gender fluid brother.

Nothing you just typed makes any sense whatsoever.

Bothrops
01-10-2017, 01:05 AM

I haven't seen anything from Sirmon that compares him to Torbush. Sirmon has a ways to go for that.

wasabaka
01-10-2017, 01:12 AM

How else is he supposed to get his post count so high?**

TStationDawg
01-10-2017, 12:14 PM
If there was an ultimatum, Cohen probably had a hand in it.

I'd be interested to know how involved he really was. I heard the word was given to DM before Cohen was AD- during the "search". Of course, that doesn't mean Cohen wasn't involved OR that his involvement didn't endear himself to powers that be as fav for AD in the process. I heard he was given few items that needed to be checked off the list, but we'll see how that goes. Who knows what currency the EB win bought him, if any.

mstatefan91
01-10-2017, 12:32 PM
They sell medication for PMS...

bulldogsmsu
01-10-2017, 12:55 PM
He has the to see the writing on the wall.