PDA

View Full Version : Im beginning to think Mississippiwill get the Death Penalty

Indndawg
01-08-2017, 07:20 PM
too much exemplary cooperation, law suit threats, and cheating while the sheriffs in town leads me to believe Mojolner is about to strike Lafayette county

thf24
01-08-2017, 07:26 PM
I just can't see it happening without serious probation in place prior to this current investigation starting. But, I do suspect that NCAA, knowing that the death penalty is the only thing that has a chance of shutting their cheating operation down once and for all, could be setting them up for the death penalty several years down the road with whatever they hand down this year. That would give them access to the textbook "repeat offender" judgement necessary for death penalty as the rules are currently written.

RocketDawg
01-08-2017, 07:29 PM
too much exemplary cooperation, law suit threats, and cheating while the sheriffs in town leads me to believe Mojolner is about to strike Lafayette county

They're certainly taking their time, so you could be right. I suppose it could be as it looks ... that every time they start to wind it up, something else surfaces.

Reason2succeed
01-08-2017, 07:51 PM
I've been saying that for over a year. And PLEASE stop with the "no longer on the table" argument because the NCAA never took it off the table.

OM is daring the NCAA to throw the book at them and I believe that the NCAA will oblige. Why? Because OM's case is basically USC and UNC combined. 90% of what is discussed on ED is the financial inducements but the most damning part of OM's transgressions is the academic fraud which we already know that the NCAA knows about through David Saunders.

Contrary to what the nitwits up north believe the NCAA doesn't have to WANT to hammer OM. OM has put themselves in a position that the NCAA will HAVE TO hammer them or all of collegiate sports will turn into the wild Wild West as Saban put it.

Dawgology
01-08-2017, 07:53 PM
I've been telling y'all since day one that they are getting kicked out of the SEC. I wish you would listen to me on this.

preachermatt83
01-08-2017, 07:57 PM
Lol, they will not get the death penalty or kicked out of the Sec.

was21
01-08-2017, 08:02 PM
As a matter of fact, it's doubtful they will get anything worse than what we (State) got under Sherrill

Todd4State
01-08-2017, 08:03 PM
As a matter of fact, it's doubtful they will get anything worse than what we (State) got under Sherrill

Five years of Croom?

Todd4State
01-08-2017, 08:10 PM
I just can't see it happening without serious probation in place prior to this current investigation starting. But, I do suspect that NCAA, knowing that the death penalty is the only thing that has a chance of shutting their cheating operation down once and for all, could be setting them up for the death penalty several years down the road with whatever they hand down this year. That would give them access to the textbook "repeat offender" judgement necessary for death penalty as the rules are currently written.

Exactly. That's why my question at this point is if an amended NOA is considered eligible for repeat offender status. My guess is they will get a second NOA and it won't be the 2013 class that gets them the death penalty but more likely the 2016 class because they kept the wholesale cheating going on while under investigation. I'm not 100% sure that they will get the death penalty. I don't think the NCAA likes to use it if they can avoid it and it's a last resort. Ultimately I think it comes down to whether or not their administration puts an end to the cheating or not. That and the fact that they are going to be under repeat offender status for awhile after everything comes down. So they are going to have to keep their nose clean for a few years after or risk the death penalty again.

Reason2succeed
01-08-2017, 08:11 PM
You don't KNOW that! I am speculating. You are speculating. OM fans are speculating.

My speculations are based on the infractions we know they have been caught with. Yours seem to be based on the same pride that OM fans cling to that the NCAA doesn't have the balls to do what they ought to do.

preachermatt83
01-08-2017, 08:19 PM
You don't KNOW that! I am speculating. You are speculating. OM fans are speculating.

My speculations are based on the infractions we know they have been caught with. Yours seem to be based on the same pride that OM fans cling to that the NCAA doesn't have the balls to do what they ought to do.

What I do know is that the "death penalty" is really called the "repeat offender clause". It is only handed out to programs who continue to cheat and get caught while they are on probation.

Reason2succeed
01-08-2017, 08:29 PM
What I do know is that the "death penalty" is really called the "repeat offender clause". It is only handed out to programs who continue to cheat and get caught while they are on probation.

If OM is not a repeat offender who is? With all of the smoke and mirrors their administration is doing who knows when their official probation started. What is clear is that they have a steady verifiable track record of cheating all the way back to Houston Nutt.

Really Clark?
01-08-2017, 08:34 PM

If you are talking just the last probation under Sherill, they are trying to self impose more scholarship reductions than we actually got from the NCAA and have more than twice the number of violations and major infractions than we had. So it's not only likely but they have already tried to self impose part of the penalties more than we got.

CadaverDawg
01-08-2017, 08:37 PM

They'll get more than that....but definitely not the death penalty or kicked out of the SEC.

Bully13
01-08-2017, 08:37 PM

No

Really Clark?
01-08-2017, 08:38 PM
If OM is not a repeat offender who is? With all of the smoke and mirrors their administration is doing who knows when their official probation started. What is clear is that they have a steady verifiable track record of cheating all the way back to Houston Nutt.

By the NCAA bylaws only violations that have occurred since the Oct, 2016 COI decision will fall under the repeat offender clause which can bring in the death penalty. Only major scandals, like the Penn St case, can trigger the COI to consider the death penalty without repeat offender status

preachermatt83
01-08-2017, 08:42 PM
By the NCAA bylaws only violations that have occurred since the Oct, 2016 COI decision will fall under the repeat offender clause which can bring in the death penalty. Only major scandals, like the Penn St case, can trigger the COI to consider the death penalty without repeat offender status

Yup. And An amended noa means that it's all still part of an on going investigation , not a new one. Repeat offender status would not come into play until AFTER sanctions have been handed down by the comm on infr

preachermatt83
01-08-2017, 08:44 PM
They will get hammered, and hard, but no death penalty. ATLEAST not now. If they get caught cheating after sanctions are handed down then there is a chance.

Really Clark?
01-08-2017, 08:57 PM
Yup. And An amended noa means that it's all still part of an on going investigation , not a new one. Repeat offender status would not come into play until AFTER sanctions have been handed down by the comm on infr

I agree mostly except the clock is already ticking since the WBB and Track was completed in Oct. Any violations occurring after that point, even if it's part of an amended NOA, will trigger the repeat offender clause.

preachermatt83
01-08-2017, 09:00 PM
I agree mostly except the clock is already ticking since the WBB and Track was completed in Oct. Any violations occurring after that point, even if it's part of an amended NOA, will trigger the repeat offender clause.

I see what your saying.

lamont
01-08-2017, 09:02 PM
They are going to lose 30 schollys at a minimum and have a year or two bowl ban. From there is gravy

Dawgology
01-08-2017, 09:02 PM

Sanctions have already been handed down in basketball and track. I do believe that counts for LOIC and the death penalty right?

Todd4State
01-08-2017, 09:17 PM
Sanctions have already been handed down in basketball and track. I do believe that counts for LOIC and the death penalty right?

They should get LOI for a number of things but they still have to be under repeat violator status for the death penalty.

Maroonbulldog
01-08-2017, 09:48 PM
I've been saying that for over a year. And PLEASE stop with the "no longer on the table" argument because the NCAA never took it off the table.

OM is daring the NCAA to throw the book at them and I believe that the NCAA will oblige. Why? Because OM's case is basically USC and UNC combined. 90% of what is discussed on ED is the financial inducements but the most damning part of OM's transgressions is the academic fraud which we already know that the NCAA knows about through David Saunders.

Contrary to what the nitwits up north believe the NCAA doesn't have to WANT to hammer OM. OM has put themselves in a position that the NCAA will HAVE TO hammer them or all of collegiate sports will turn into the wild Wild West as Saban put it.

Please indulge me here:
I see this case as the NCAA is the Empire, trying to keep order, with the Death Star in orbit, and Ole Miss is Alderaan.
USC and UNC are Jedha and Eadu.

jbjones
01-08-2017, 09:53 PM
Please indulge me here:
I see this case as the NCAA is the Empire, trying to keep order, with the Death Star in orbit, and Ole Miss is Alderaan.

Damnit, we speak English here. This isn't Alabama**

Frexzell
01-08-2017, 10:04 PM
Scarif?

Bothrops
01-08-2017, 10:24 PM
They are gonna get it worse than most think.

Corn Bread
01-08-2017, 10:29 PM
Scarif?

My understanding from a friend who has connections is this, the death penalty is not on the table for OM. The problem is the NCAA has so much confirmed infractions and they continue to come in. When do they decide enough is enough and move forward. Personally I think repeat offender status is on the table being under investigation and continuing payola.

Reason2succeed
01-08-2017, 10:38 PM
The only problem is that Hugh Freeze is Emperor Palpatine. He seemed good hearted but then showed that he was totally engulfed by the dark side. He produces many talented apprentices but they all seem to get have tragic ends.

Yes, the Rebels will get a direct shot from the Death Star but there will be no return of the Jedi.

Todd4State
01-08-2017, 10:49 PM
Please indulge me here:

I know a lot of Star Wars fans dislike the pre-quels, but....

It's more like Ole Miss is the Trade Federation and the NCAA is Darth Vader in Revenge of the Sith. Ole Miss knows that what they are doing is greedy and underhanded- but at the same time they also claim to "only want peace"- ie "we're just trying to help these poor underprivileged kids".

And at the end of the Clone Wars when everything looked bad but they still thought that they would be alright- here's come Darth to mow them down. And I assume that all of their planets were left in complete ruin by the Empire after the Clone Wars ended but I only watch the movies and not the other stuff.

Todd4State
01-08-2017, 10:53 PM
The only problem is that Hugh Freeze is Emperor Palpatine. He seemed good hearted but then showed that he was totally engulfed by the dark side. He produces many talented apprentices but they all seem to get have tragic ends.

Yes, the Rebels will get a direct shot from the Death Star but there will be no return of the Jedi.

Freeze is much more Nute Gunray than Palpatine. Tuohy would be Palpatine in this case.

lamont
01-08-2017, 11:11 PM
ya'll geeking this thread up quickly

preachermatt83
01-08-2017, 11:24 PM

Ha! My thoughts exactly.

blacklistedbully
01-09-2017, 12:58 AM
I've said it before. I think I'd prefer they remain in the SEC, just as a cripple. We could use the easy win in-division, in conference. If they were to get kicked out, what are the chances they'd be replaced by an equally inept bunch of asshats? Slim.

Of course, if they were kicked out, it would almost certainly improve our recruiting immensely. We'd have our pick of in-state talent that wants to "stay home". We'd still lose some to Bama, LSU, etc...but we'd rarely lose the ones we've been losing to UNM. And wouldn't it be fun to watch them compete with Memphis, USM, ULL, La Tech, MTSU, etc for recruits?

Todd4State
01-09-2017, 01:19 AM

I think the proper term would be "nerding".

Todd4State
01-09-2017, 01:21 AM
I've said it before. I think I'd prefer they remain in the SEC, just as a cripple. We could use the easy win in-division, in conference. If they were to get kicked out, what are the chances they'd be replaced by an equally inept bunch of asshats? Slim.

Of course, if they were kicked out, it would almost certainly improve our recruiting immensely. We'd have our pick of in-state talent that wants to "stay home". We'd still lose some to Bama, LSU, etc...but we'd rarely lose the ones we've been losing to UNM. And wouldn't it be fun to watch them compete with Memphis, USM, ULL, La Tech, MTSU, etc for recruits?

The worst thing about them getting kicked out is we would have to use an OOC spot on the Egg Bowl. That's the worst thing on our end. Getting kicked out of the SEC would kill their football program and honestly probably kill USM as well because USM sure as hell doesn't have any boosters that would pay to keep up with Ole Miss.

Reason2succeed
01-09-2017, 08:05 AM

The worst thing about them getting kicked out is we would have to use an OOC spot on the Egg Bowl. That's the worst thing on our end. Getting kicked out of the SEC would kill their football program and honestly probably kill USM as well because USM sure as hell doesn't have any boosters that would pay to keep up with Ole Miss.

I had never put much thought into those aspects. I think the SEC goes after an Oklahoma team or teams, West Virginia, or a North Carolina team. No Florida team or any team that is already in an SEC State already.

OM would not join the CUSA or AAC out of pride. They might accept an invite to the Big 12 if they would have them. If I would put my money on them going independent. They could go back to all of their racist emblems and regalia that way.

smootness
01-09-2017, 08:16 AM
Holy crap, they're not getting kicked out of the SEC. And they won't get the death penalty.

BrunswickDawg
01-09-2017, 08:23 AM

Screw the Egg Bowl at that point. Just put that trophy in a special place with a monument that says "Permanently Residing In Starkville due to the arrogance of our northern friends. RIP Mississippi." We can double the insult by starting a new trophy with LSU called "The Col. Reb Cup" in memory of what used to be.

msstate7
01-09-2017, 08:23 AM
Holy crap, they're not getting kicked out of the SEC. And they won't get the death penalty.

I agree.

I do wonder what happens if OM gets caught again after the hammer comes down. Mississippi is supposed to have a big time talent pool for '19... no way OM doesn't attempt to recruit their tried and true method

BrunswickDawg
01-09-2017, 08:24 AM

Booooooooo. You are no fun!***

Dawgface
01-09-2017, 08:34 AM

Agree. Stiff penalties for sure, but no death. That's just over the top thinking through maroon colored glasses.

CadaverDawg
01-09-2017, 09:07 AM

Yep, I have no clue what the hell theyre talking about

Liverpooldawg
01-09-2017, 09:25 AM
They should get LOI for a number of things but they still have to be under repeat violator status for the death penalty.

once you are under the repeat violator rule for one sport it applies to ALL sports. If the rumors about them getting caught again back in November turn out to be true, they could be in a LOT of trouble.

TrapGame
01-09-2017, 09:43 AM
once you are under the repeat violator rule for one sport it applies to ALL sports. If the rumors about them getting caught again back in November turn out to be true, they could be in a LOT of trouble.

The NCAA investigators very quickly realized the obvious.

http://donmillereducation.com/journal/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/we-re-gonna-need-a-bigger-boat.jpg

SheltonChoked
01-09-2017, 11:43 AM
Screw the Egg Bowl at that point. Just put that trophy in a special place with a monument that says "Permanently Residing In Starkville due to the arrogance of our northern friends. RIP Mississippi." We can double the insult by starting a new trophy with LSU called "The Col. Reb Cup" in memory of what used to be.

Can you imagine the attendance at the last egg bowl game?

Move the trophy to Mitchell Memorial. To show the History of sports at MSU.

Dawgology
01-09-2017, 12:04 PM

Hide and watch. There is a move to remove them from the SEC.

BrunswickDawg
01-09-2017, 12:06 PM
Can you imagine the attendance at the last egg bowl game?

Move the trophy to Mitchell Memorial. To show the History of sports at MSU.

It would be glorious, with huge attendance. Which of course means we would lose.

Dawgology
01-09-2017, 12:07 PM

Yep. I'm trying to tell ya'll but no one will listen. They are going to be lucky to stay in the SEC. It may behoove them to change conferences on their own just to remain relevent.

TrapGame
01-09-2017, 12:23 PM
By 2018 North Dakota State will be more relevant in the college football world than ole miss.

smootness
01-09-2017, 12:39 PM

I think you're crazy.

Having said that, State fans should hope you're wrong. We don't want that precedent set.

Political Hack
01-09-2017, 12:55 PM

You got any left? That stuff must be good.

Academic fraud and recruiting inducements that implicate several coaches, across several sports, across multiple staffs and people think it's the same as Jackie Wayne? Wow.

Zero percent chance their probation looks anything like anything we've ever seen. Zero.

I also think the death penalty and removal from the SEC are squarely in play. The SEC does not consider them a big enough draw to take this black eye that's coming. It's bad. Its worse than Miami, UNC, USC, and SMU.

Prediction: it will be the most aggregious listing of violations in the history of the NCAA.

MedDawg
01-09-2017, 01:15 PM
The NCAA investigators very quickly realized the obvious.

http://donmillereducation.com/journal/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/we-re-gonna-need-a-bigger-boat.jpgThey're gonna need
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--n7P0wLcY--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/kgmy1gt99va527ec59xr.jpg

Political Hack
01-09-2017, 01:22 PM
I think you're crazy.

Having said that, State fans should hope you're wrong. We don't want that precedent set.

There is no precedent for this. What they've done is unprecedented.

BrunswickDawg
01-09-2017, 01:56 PM

Academic fraud and recruiting inducements that implicate several coaches, across several sports, across multiple staffs and people think it's the same as Jackie Wayne? Wow.

Zero percent chance their probation looks anything like anything we've ever seen. Zero.

I also think the death penalty and removal from the SEC are squarely in play. The SEC does not consider them a big enough draw to take this black eye that's coming. It's bad. Its worse than Miami, UNC, USC, and SMU.

Prediction: it will be the most aggregious listing of violations in the history of the NCAA.

The thing for the SEC is eyeballs. OM brings nothing to the bottom line because they will still have all of MS in their viewing area thanks to MSU. If they could boot OM and replace them with more eyeballs via adding one of Va Tech, NC State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, etc - then they will have a huge gain in viewing markets. I'd be fearful of the same thing if we were in the same spot as OM. All the SEC really needs is an excuse....

preachermatt83
01-09-2017, 02:02 PM
You guys are gonna be sorely disappointed. Sanctions will be program crippling no doubt but they ain't getting the death penalty and they ain't getting kicked out of the Sec.

Liverpooldawg
01-09-2017, 02:03 PM
They aren't going to get kicked out of the SEC. They might actually wish they had by the time this is all over with though.

TrapGame
01-09-2017, 02:14 PM
They aren't going to get kicked out of the SEC. They might actually wish they had by the time this is all over with though.

This^^^^^

Hey, Preacher, what's the verse in Revelation about praying for death but it never comes?

QuadrupleOption
01-09-2017, 02:30 PM
They're gonna need
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--n7P0wLcY--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/kgmy1gt99va527ec59xr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/K7jPStK.jpg

Jarius
01-09-2017, 02:45 PM

Come on man

smootness
01-09-2017, 02:48 PM

Doesn't matter. The precedent of a team being kicked out of the league, especially a founding member, would not be a good precedent to set.

BrunswickDawg
01-09-2017, 02:53 PM
You guys are gonna be sorely disappointed. Sanctions will be program crippling no doubt but they ain't getting the death penalty and they ain't getting kicked out of the Sec.

http://i.giphy.com/3o6Zt5wFbrsL6YBhle.gif

Can't you let us have our fun????

blacklistedbully
01-09-2017, 02:54 PM

If they take the kind of action many of their fans want...it could become a possibility. A huge portion of their fanbase wants them to go after other SEC schools, including Bama, in an effort to "take them down with them". They also advocate suing the NCAA.

Can you imagine how the SEC office would view it if the UNM admin, or some rogue UNM lawyers/boosters enact a plan such as that?

WSOPdawg
01-09-2017, 02:57 PM

Yup, they have made a mockery of the entire NCAA investigation process, and if they've been caught AGAIN with their hand in the cookie jar (October or November, 2016), they will become as irrelevant as a program can be.

Indndawg
01-09-2017, 03:02 PM

Step back and think, this is a new era that the NCAA has to get programs under control. It has to fire a shot across the bough of the big dog cheaters, we know who they. What better way than to make an example of a smaller dog cheater-Mississippi university.

NCAA has the motivation; the NCAA has the proof. There's gonna be metaphoric blood in the square and on the Purty Campus. The effect on Oxford will be meteoric.

Indndawg
01-09-2017, 03:03 PM
Exactly. There has never been epic cheating like this.

Todd4State
01-09-2017, 04:24 PM
Step back and think, this is a new era that the NCAA has to get programs under control. It has to fire a shot across the bough of the big dog cheaters, we know who they. What better way than to make an example of a smaller dog cheater-Mississippi university.

NCAA has the motivation; the NCAA has the proof. There's gonna be metaphoric blood in the square and on the Purty Campus. The effect on Oxford will be meteoric.

Potentially very bad timing by Ole Miss for sure.

Dawg61
01-09-2017, 06:14 PM
If Old Misses gets kicked outta the SEC (which I don't think is possible) I would expect the team that replaces them is Oklahoma. The ACC schools are much more difficult to get because of the measures the conference took to ensure no school leaves.

1bigdawg
01-09-2017, 06:59 PM
If Old Misses gets kicked outta the SEC (which I don't think is possible) I would expect the team that replaces them is Oklahoma. The ACC schools are much more difficult to get because of the measures the conference took to ensure no school leaves.

True about the ACC schools. However, Maryland left for the BIG after those measures were put in place.

Turfdawg67
01-09-2017, 07:00 PM
Where's Spiderman been hiding? It's long past time for him to tell us that one of his big Ole Miss booster/golfing pals are telling him that they'll skate?

Turfdawg67
01-09-2017, 07:03 PM

Well I tried to give you some rep points... says I have to spread some around.

Liverpooldawg
01-09-2017, 07:17 PM

I've heard a SEC athletic director address Oklahoma. If the SEC were to take them, the existing teams would take a large cut in their share of the SEC money. There aren't enough TVs in Oklahoma to offset the extra share. Of course he was talking about them as an addition, not as a replacement.

msbulldog
01-09-2017, 08:06 PM
I don't think the SEC can expel a charter member. But the thing to remember is Mississippi will lose it's share of SEC money for the duration of the probation, at the end or the probation they will receive half of the money they would have received. That's approximately 31M/year of money they don't have in their athletic budget.

blacklistedbully
01-09-2017, 08:16 PM
I don't think the SEC can expel a charter member. But the thing to remember is Mississippi will lose it's share of SEC money for the duration of the probation, at the end or the probation they will receive half of the money they would have received. That's approximately 31M/year of money they don't have in their athletic budget.

Ok...How 'bout the SEC offices have a chat with SEC officials, "suggesting" that every hold by OM linemen....every possible "illegal receiver downfield", etc be acutely watched for and called. It's been said holding could be called on nearly every play. Imagine UNM football where they get called for holding damn near every time they make a first down.

Not gonna happen, I know, but it would be fun to watch.

Political Hack
01-09-2017, 08:46 PM

I hope they don't, and I doubt they do in the end, but it's gotten to that point. They're getting popped for having their hand in the cookie jar again in 2017. They're going to be q decade deep before they know it. Thy won't stop. That's becoming apparent now and it's apparent to the NCAA. What choice do they have?

Technetium
01-09-2017, 08:55 PM
I hope they don't, and I doubt they do in the end, but it's gotten to that point. They're getting popped for having their hand in the cookie jar again in 2017. They're going to be q decade deep before they know it. Thy won't stop. That's becoming apparent now and it's apparent to the NCAA. What choice do they have?

We're 9 days into 2017, and they've been caught cheating again?! Is this firm info, or just hopeful rumors? I don't see how they don't receive SMU level sanctions if they are *still* cheating, after already supposedly being caught *still* cheating.

Dawgpile
01-09-2017, 09:11 PM
I've heard a SEC athletic director address Oklahoma. If the SEC were to take them, the existing teams would take a large cut in their share of the SEC money. There aren't enough TVs in Oklahoma to offset the extra share. Of course he was talking about them as an addition, not as a replacement.

OU is a helmet school near the level of Bama. Population wouldn't matter due to the content they would offer. OU in the SEC west (replacing Bama) would be a huge win for the conference. UMiss getting kicked out would be a big plus for the SEC coffers in that scenario.

Bully13
01-09-2017, 09:13 PM
Ole Miss is redefining "scorched earth" war policy. The ruskies don't have shit on the confeds.

Political Hack
01-09-2017, 09:14 PM
We're 9 days into 2017, and they've been caught cheating again?! Is this firm info, or just hopeful rumors? I don't see how they don't receive SMU level sanctions if they are *still* cheating, after already supposedly being caught *still* cheating.

Sorry. 2017 class. Happened a 2-3 months ago. Pretty firm on this one. Not sure how far the NCAA will track it, but they know about it and have interviewed the kid(s) involved.

EngDawg
01-09-2017, 09:41 PM
It never ceases to amaze me the number of guys on here who will come out and flatly say "UM is not getting the death penalty." Talking about the possibility of the death penalty only hurts UM.

Reason2succeed
01-09-2017, 11:09 PM
It never ceases to amaze me the number of guys on here who will come out and flatly say "UM is not getting the death penalty." Talking about the possibility of the death penalty only hurts UM.

They just don't understand https://media.giphy.com/media/d3St9YNeh6BoY/giphy.gif

WSOPdawg
01-09-2017, 11:17 PM

Yep, kick those bastards while they're down. After all, their cheating ways resulted in tainted victories on the field of play. They need to be held to account in all facets with the most extreme punishments possible, especially if its proven that their cheating spanned almost a decade!!!

Dawg61
01-09-2017, 11:19 PM
OU is a helmet school near the level of Bama. Population wouldn't matter due to the content they would offer. OU in the SEC west (replacing Bama) would be a huge win for the conference. UMiss getting kicked out would be a big plus for the SEC coffers in that scenario.

This, they have a huge following that lives all over the country. Replacing Old Misses with them only increases the shares and it strengthens the SEC brand. It is an interesting point that Liverpool brought up though even if it doesn't apply in a replacement situation.

Reason2succeed
01-09-2017, 11:44 PM
The moral of this story is that we need to encourage the Rebel faithful to follow through and hire private investigators to find dirt and attempt to blackmail NCAA investigators as well as proceed with a law suit against the NCAA.

wasabaka
01-10-2017, 01:04 AM

Why do people propagate this nonsense? From the SEC Constitution/Bylaws (Page 3) (http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2016/0802/2016-17%20Constitution%20and%20Bylaws.pdf):

*3.1.3 Suspension of Membership. Membership may be suspended at a meeting of the Chief Executive Officers. A member
may be suspended at any time by a vote of at least two-thirds of the members, either indefinitely or for a stated period, for any
conduct deemed to be incompatible with membership. [Clarified/Conformed 6/1/11]

*3.1.4 Termination of Membership. Membership may be terminated voluntarily by the resignation of a member or
involuntarily at a meeting of the Chief Executive Officers. A vote of at least two-thirds of the members is required to terminate
membership. Any motion to terminate membership shall specify the effective date of the proposed termination.
[Clarified/Conformed 6/1/11]

Todd4State
01-10-2017, 01:24 AM
Why do people propagate this nonsense? From the SEC Constitution/Bylaws (Page 3) (http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2016/0802/2016-17%20Constitution%20and%20Bylaws.pdf):

*3.1.3 Suspension of Membership. Membership may be suspended at a meeting of the Chief Executive Officers. A member
may be suspended at any time by a vote of at least two-thirds of the members, either indefinitely or for a stated period, for any

*3.1.4 Termination of Membership. Membership may be terminated voluntarily by the resignation of a member or
involuntarily at a meeting of the Chief Executive Officers. A vote of at least two-thirds of the members is required to terminate
membership. Any motion to terminate membership shall specify the effective date of the proposed termination.

Let's see:

MSU, Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M, Florida (Thanks Scott!), Georgia for sure, so that leaves three more and I could definitely see Arkansas and Tennessee wanting them gone. They seem to get along pretty well with Auburn. All it would probably take is guaranteeing Mizzou moves to the SEC West to get them on board and Vanderbilt probably would go along and vote them out as well.

They've pissed off so many people in recruiting I could see the SEC garnering enough votes to do it if it came down to it.

wasabaka
01-10-2017, 01:39 AM
Let's see:

MSU, Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M, Florida (Thanks Scott!), Georgia for sure, so that leaves three more and I could definitely see Arkansas and Tennessee wanting them gone. They seem to get along pretty well with Auburn. All it would probably take is guaranteeing Mizzou moves to the SEC West to get them on board and Vanderbilt probably would go along and vote them out as well.

They've pissed off so many people in recruiting I could see the SEC garnering enough votes to do it if it came down to it.

I agree and think the same thing. Also, moving Missouri to the West, adding Oklahoma in the West, and moving Alabama and Auburn to the East would be perfect!

Dawg61
01-10-2017, 01:55 AM
Let's see:

Only way you'll get any votes let alone enough votes to boot Ole Miss is to have the replacement team guaranteed ahead of time and that cookie would have to be Oklahoma. Nobody is booting Ole Miss for VTech/NCState

msbulldog
01-10-2017, 07:01 AM
Keenum won't vote them out, real bad politics in this state.

lamont
01-10-2017, 07:28 AM
Keenum won't vote them out, real bad politics in this state.

Keenum has his eyes on the Senate. Agreed- he isn't voting OM out

Dawgology
01-10-2017, 08:34 AM

I keep telling y'all....look for Ole Miss to be removed from the SEC either voluntarily or by vote. It may not pass but I think it will. If it doesn't pass then it will be by the slimmest of margins. The SEC is a money making company and the bad PR that is about to drop resultant of this investigation is more than most of y'all realize. This is an athletics AND academic issue. The SEC is a gold standard in both of those and now a member institute is about to get hit with major sanctions due to academic and athletic violations that span multiple years, coaches, and programs. This is a game changer for the SEC. Do we, as charter members, allow their membership to tarnish the SEC or do we move them out (make a statement) and move someone worthy in?

Jarius
01-10-2017, 09:01 AM

Acting like the death penalty is a real possibility makes people that aren't die hard state fans think everyone on here is a lunatic. There's a lot of good inside information on this site but people will point to that type of fringe thinking to try and prove a point that people on here have no clue about anything. ED has broken a lot of stuff on the OM investigation and probably will break even more. Ole Miss isn't getting the death penalty and acting like you think that's a real possibility hurts the credibility of the people on this site that have real sources and know shit. People that are breaking things on here are telling you 30-40 scholarships with multi year bowl ban.

Indndawg
01-10-2017, 09:40 AM
Keenum has his eyes on the Senate. Agreed- he isn't voting OM out

Democratic ship has sailed many moons ago.

Liverpooldawg
01-10-2017, 09:44 AM

He specifically addressed that. The current members won't take a pay cut and if you ADD Oklahoma he said it would be a large one. There just aren't enough TVs in Oklahoma. The TV market there wouldn't bring in enough to offset the extra share. Now if they were replacing someone all bets are off. Mississippi's market is even smaller. That's why I wouldn't vote to throw UM out. As has been pointed out, it sets a bad precedent.

Dawg61
01-10-2017, 10:39 AM
That's why I wouldn't vote to throw UM out. As has been pointed out, it sets a bad precedent.

**** Old Misses! Those wannabes are better of being independent anyways. They want nothing to do with this state already so Mississippians should feel no guilt supporting the boot. Replacing OM with Oklahoma is like exchanging a peso for a ben franklin.

Boodawg
01-10-2017, 11:28 AM
I keep telling y'all....look for Ole Miss to be removed from the SEC either voluntarily or by vote. It may not pass but I think it will. If it doesn't pass then it will be by the slimmest of margins. The SEC is a money making company and the bad PR that is about to drop resultant of this investigation is more than most of y'all realize. This is an athletics AND academic issue. The SEC is a gold standard in both of those and now a member institute is about to get hit with major sanctions due to academic and athletic violations that span multiple years, coaches, and programs. This is a game changer for the SEC. Do we, as charter members, allow their membership to tarnish the SEC or do we move them out (make a statement) and move someone worthy in?

That would be so awesome, but I don't believe it will happen, and I don't even think its being talked about. However, my sources are you guys, so I don't know much of nothing about any of this, except I hope UNM burns.